• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkel

Banned
Don't forget gaf

arthur.jpg

I think there won't be many new titles same as him. They need to keep something for E3

UberTag

My prediction:

Kaz will make a quick, light-hearted mention about all the internet pictures of him going around.
It's a shame Sony can't hand out 1200 'Kaz heads on a stick' for the crowd to hold up in front of their faces when he's up on stage. Would make for a great visual.

Speaking of which, someone needs to get a bunch of Kaz heads onto that infamous animated gif of people in the theater clapping with applause.

Kyoufu

Quick question.

WHY on Erf do people still care about Versus XIII?????

Its like everyone is hyped up over a sequel to a crappy movie. "YESSSSSSSSS THE SEQUEL TO BATTLE SHIP IS FINALLY GOING TO BE SHOWN!!!!!! GYUNGHHHHHH!!!!!""""

I just don't get it...I don't get it at all...

Versus is an interesting looking ambitious title from a team with a good track record. It's no surprise that people want to play it.

yurinka

Don't forget gaf

arthur.jpg
Who is this guy and why gaf keeps posting his tweets? He seems to post just his random thoughts, and sometimes I feel that doesn't make too much sense. Like this one about Destiny.

Obviously they won't show gameplay because the game seems to be still on early stages, but make sure at least it will be mentioned and at least a small video is shown, maybe in the typical video sizzle with other games. Same as posted in their first trailer released.

It's going to be one of the most important FPS (one of the best selling genre in US) of the gen, made by the developers the main IP of the competition. And now they are on PlayStation too. Sony will scream loud that they now also have 'the new Halo' and not just today.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I can't imagine the OT for this when the conference is live. Look at how this thread is moving, hours before it's happening. I was always a 50 post per page guy, but recently I've made the switch to 100, rightly so I think. This is going to be an insane night for gaf.

I think there won't be many new titles same as him. They need to keep something for E3
Pretty much. Guess they'll focus on what the PS4 is capacble of.
I do however expect to see some Battlefiled 4 at least. I'm sure that title will be great to show off graphixxxxx.

Nibel

How on Erf do you know this? They haven't even talked about details in like 4 yEARS!!!

Just watch the available videos - art direction, story, combat system, music EVERYTHING is different from XIII

Versus will have a open world and not be a linear clusterfuck like XIII

Stop worrying Raven, embrace the HYPE

I just had an awful realization that I'm stuck working until 7 tonight.

Just why.

huge picture

Hopefully I can catch a recap when I get home.

I work 'till 8. And it's a 45 minute trip home. I can feel your pain. ;-; I'm turning my phone off as soon as I leave work so I can't get any texts about any reveals. I want it to be a surprise.

I'm going for broke here and saying that they will reveal The Last Guardian for the PS4. If I really wanted to throw out a wild guess, I'd say they're making it a launch title. But, like I said. Wild guess.

Omiee

I think people are to hyped for this event.

I think some will be disapointed.

I mean people are talking about versus and bf4 being exclusive.

To many high hopes.

I just want them to show the ps4, a price point below 449 and 2 first party titles.

Keep E3 for the game blow out.

Fifa 14 on my ps4 :D cant wait.

will import for sure if there is no eu launch this year.

ultron87

In the back of my mind I still kind of want this just to be a Vita price drop announcement that got really out of hand. Because that would be the funniest.

beast786

To the Mods:

We have posters saying bad things about GoW and SSM in the SSM teasing thread. please perma banned them .

Thanks
Beast786

My prediction is the next call of duty will be announced, shown and played. At the PS meeting.

Nah, if BF4 is there then Activision won't want to share the stage with EA. They will probably show COD at MS's reveal event, COD is pretty much seen as an Xbox franchise anyway and EA and Sony have always had a close relationship.

Quick question.

WHY on Erf do people still care about Versus XIII?????

Its like everyone is hyped up over a sequel to a crappy movie. "YESSSSSSSSS THE SEQUEL TO BATTLE SHIP IS FINALLY GOING TO BE SHOWN!!!!!! GYUNGHHHHHH!!!!!""""

I just don't get it...I don't get it at all...

Mainly because it promised everything that XIII did wrong, to do right. Plus the CGI trailer was enough to send my hype waaaaay up.

Seriously, how can FF fans NOT be hyped about what FFXIII Versus was promising? And it's not like a sequel to a crappy movie, it's like a sequel to a book series where the last book wasn't as good as the other 12.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm not sure what price point would make me bite on this. I've always had every gen of Playstation consoles day 1 but over the past few years I've played many more games on PC than console and just got done building a 1200 gaming PC. I'd like to think anything below $450 and I would be a day 1 buyer.

Just not confident in saying that anymore.

TriGen

Just watch the available videos - art direction, story, combat system, music EVERYTHING is different from XIII

Versus will have a open world and not be a linear clusterfuck like XIII

Stop worrying Raven, embrace the HYPE

Despite having a PS3 since the beginning I've never really payed much attention to Versus, as I'm not a big FF fan. But with all the talk it gets I decided to look up everything Versus related I could, this was about a month ago. I now totally see why people want Versus. The ideas are really cool, and I love the combat system they seem to be going for.

Ponn

Banned
He's on a roll and he can be absolute correct. E3 would be the big coming out party for most third party next gen titles.

My curiosity about the inflection of his reporting when MS unveils is kosher.

I find it hilarious a game journalist is tweeting for people to temper expectations and to NOT get overly hyped for once and some gaffers are flaking him off. I think I woke up in opposite world.

Said it before, needs to be said again. Crazy E3/Console Reveal/Event GAF is funniest GAF. I'm going to start making my popcorn now.

I would think a way to solidify is the PS4 for sure going yo be there is not so much game journalists being there, but more tech journalist. That could just be a thought though.

beast786

He's on a roll and he can be absolute correct. E3 would be the big coming out party for most third party next gen titles.

My curiosity about the inflection of his reporting when MS unveils is kosher.

Not to defend him, but MS does rely on 3rd party more than Sony. And it is Sony event to boost its first party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom