• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
untitled18o8e.png

oha oha

<_<

davious88

Banned
I would be more than happy, given it's early days yet to see:

• Examples of next gen fidelity from PS4 being equal or better than WiiU.
  • Compilation teaser mashup of some first party in-dev titles with the promise of the more information being released in months to come.
  • Third parties showing nothing but rather talking about what their plans are for PS4.
  • Sony discussing the new controller.

You don't seriously believe that crap you just posted do you?

Yawnier

Banned
I've seen a lot of people say "I don't expect Sony to show off the actual console"...

Is the possibility of Sony not showing the console design realistic, considering the magnitude of this event?

I just find it hard to believe people think that Sony will hold off on showing the console design until E3.
Way too many eyes on this event.

Sony are holding this event and inviting the press and developers all across the world for a Vita redesign and re-brand.

Sony will without a shadow of a doubt in my mind, reveal the PS4 console design tonight (whether it be an earlier model or a prototype or whatever).

I can't imagine them not showing the console itself.

Far more unrealistic is any expectation of price, release date, or details about online or stuff like no used games.

In think we'll get launch window today. E.g - November 2013. Just not an exact date.
The price will be left for E3.

Real question is, will the date be for US only or all major markets?

Omiee

I would be more than happy, given it's early days yet to see:

• Examples of next gen fidelity from PS4 being equal or better than WiiU.
  • Compilation teaser mashup of some first party in-dev titles with the promise of the more information being released in months to come.
  • Third parties showing nothing but rather talking about what their plans are for PS4.
  • Sony discussing the new controller.

Havent been able to read all the orbis spec threads. But i thought it was much more powerfull than the wii u?

I really hope the PS3 has some nice triggers, iv been playing with the giotech triggers for years now.

For me 1 thing is important, less talk and more trailers and footage :)

kaskade

Man, crazy this is happening tonight. I'm so ready for a new set of consoles.

I also feel like there's gotta be some actual gameplay for some stuff. If it's coming out in the fall that is not very far away. Even if it's just one or two exclusives.

ultron87

In think we'll get launch window today. E.g - November 2013. Just not an exact date.
The price will be left for E3.

Real question is, will the date be for US only or all major markets?

Yeah, launch window obviously makes sense. Though I dunno if they'd even want to narrow it down to November. I don't know if they want to make it easy for Microsoft to be able to beat them by a month.

About to go to sleep. In about 7 hours, Kazuo Hirai and his Sony legion will show us the future.

This thread has been amazing GAF! The best thread in GAF history IMO.

Looking forward to the megatons and meltdowns.

i-Lo

I find it hilarious a game journalist is tweeting for people to temper expectations and to NOT get overly hyped for once and some gaffers are flaking him off. I think I woke up in opposite world.

Said it before, needs to be said again. Crazy E3/Console Reveal/Event GAF is funniest GAF. I'm going to start making my popcorn now.

Uh, no. Being objective and being excited can be mutually exclusive. One need not comment on the things he did because they come off as predictions. Objectivity is about observation followed by reporting. But like I said, he could be 100% correct and no one is objective all the time. And he does not sound sour on PS4 reveal anyway. For a comparison, we will just be keeping tabs on his reporting when MS finally decides to unveil XB3.

i want to see if Konami can do something with PS4 for PES, they used to be top footy game!
other than that.. FIFA 14, GT6, and would love to see mention of MLB: The Show, NHL from EA as well.

DOES ANYONE KNOW?...

Am I going to be able to watch this on my TV using the links provided in the OP (or otherwise) and the internet browser on PS3?

Yeah, launch window obviously makes sense. Though I dunno if they'd even want to narrow it down to November. I don't know if they want to make it easy for Microsoft to be able to beat them by a month.

I wouldn't think there would be a great deal of time for Sony or Microsoft to make any major adjustments to their release schedules, if they plan on launching this year, at this point in time.

i-Lo

You don't seriously believe that crap you just posted do you?

Havent been able to read all the orbis spec threads. But i thought it was much more powerfull than the wii u?

I really hope the PS3 has some nice triggers, iv been playing with the giotech triggers for years now.

For me 1 thing is important, less talk and more trailers and footage :)

It's about keeping expectations in check, or having none at all. That's one sure way to be amazed when actual demonstrations take place.

lefantome

I would love to see what Ready At Dawn could do at making a new, original video game that is not on a portable, but on a home console (I don't count the Okami Wii port).

They were initially made up of former employees of Naughty Dog + plus more, so I've always seen them as a talented bunch.

The are working on a next gen new Ip since 2-3 years now. Let's see what it is.

They are highly skilled and talented and I'm expecting great things

Into

Nintendo is the only one that did not show their console with the Wii U, historically companies always show their console and put it out there. Sony has always done this

I do not understand why the sudden doubt, Nintendo =/= Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom