• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omiee

It's about keeping expectations in check, or having none at all. That's one sure way to be amazed when actual demonstrations take place.

Iv been trying to do the same and not expect to much so i can be amazed.

but one of the important things for me is for it to be much more powerfull than the wii u.

artist

Banned
I find it hilarious a game journalist is tweeting for people to temper expectations and to NOT get overly hyped for once and some gaffers are flaking him off. I think I woke up in opposite world.

Said it before, needs to be said again. Crazy E3/Console Reveal/Event GAF is funniest GAF. I'm going to start making my popcorn now.
It's not that, it's the secret sauce thing that brought his rep/cred down.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo is the only one that did not show their console with the Wii U, historically companies always show their console and put it out there. Sony has always done this

I do not understand why the sudden doubt, Nintendo =/= Sony.
They showed the console at E3 2011 where Wii U also debuted.

LifEndz

Don't forget gaf

arthur.jpg

What a wet blanket.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Morning guys

I know it's usually frowned upon in GAF to "come out" and plug articles, but since this one involves the co-operation of GAFers on this thread I thought it would be of interest.

It's an article about the cult of Kaz Hirai and his renewed popularity in the lead up to the PS4 announcement. Huge thanks to the GAFers from this PlayStation Meeting thread who helped me out with great replies when I got in touch with them regarding their animated GIFs and JPGs.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/392092/features/the-cult-of-kaz-hirai/

Thanks again guys

Chris Scullion
Games Editor
CVG

Thanks for the article!

So what are the odds that they tell us if we have to pay for online play tonight? That's really the only thing that hinges on me buying a PS4 or not.

I'm still surprised that barely anything has leaked yet.

The assumption would be that most thing we've seen are "controlled leaks." A contact at Sony give WSJ or another mainstream outlet some info on future online plans, etc. The controller and dev kit look legit enough to think it's a leak, one very harmless in comparison to whats could have been shown.

Gsak

The assumption would be that most thing we've seen are "controlled leaks." A contact at Sony give WSJ or another mainstream outlet some info on future online plans, etc. The controller and dev kit look legit enough to think it's a leak, one very harmless in comparison to whats could have been shown.

Controlled leaks are 85% of the leaks these days.

Ponn

Banned
Nintendo is the only one that did not show their console with the Wii U, historically companies always show their console and put it out there. Sony has always done this

I do not understand why the sudden doubt, Nintendo =/= Sony.

Yup. Nintendo was focusing on their controller, like the Wii. The focus was never on their system and they never wanted it to be by hiding the console at events, not talking about specs, etc.

PS4 and Durango are all about the consoles and whats in them.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Working tomorrow but hoping to watch it live 11pm GMT. So excite.

Anyone know how long it's set to last. Apologies if its been asked already!

this won't happen.. there is no reason for VSXIII as "FFXV" not being tied to the Fabula Nova Crystallis Myth.

I think the Fabula Nova Crystallis Myth would have actually been a thing if Square Enix executed on it in a timely fashion. I really hope FFXIII is left behind on current gen consoles as I don't think their attempt to create a cohesive FFXIII universe under the FNCM umbrella really panned out. Versus should be branded as a stand alone FF game. Doesn't necessarily have to be XV I'd like to see them cut its ties with XIII. A switch to PS4 is perfect for that.

I hope Versus isn't migrated to PS4. I've waited too damn much for it to release on PS3 and it better. Being pushed back to PS4 means it will be ready just in time for PS5 reveal.

Skidd

Just a few more hours you say?

izvW2icAkG52D.gif

Although it is kinda ridiculous how it's already Thursday for me by the time this goes live. Ah well. Hopefully this is actually worth the wait and lack of sleep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom