• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

kuroshiki

why would they even show 3rd party non-exclusive games at event like this? You are going to be dissapointed with this only if you want to.

For third parties this is an excellent opportunity to introduce their game at mass (this event will have millions of viewers). Advertising opportunity like this is hard to come by.

Just a few more hours you say?

izvW2icAkG52D.gif

This is amazing

Surely every developer on the face of the planet, currently developing next gen games, would be clamouring to have some stage time at an event like this?

- First look at next generation graphics
- Every game fan in the world is watching
- Mass media coverage
- Free promotion to the masses to plug their tech

I'd assume Sony would be turning people down, rather than struggling to get developers to show.

I'm gonna guess that aegis doesn't know much at all about who is showing what at this event. He's obviously correct in sayin that every developer who tweets about being in NYC or whatever. Still, I definitely think that Sony will have some major third parties present some big projects.

injurai

Banned
For past few years e3 has been nothing but disappointment. I rather prefer Sony rocking their own show.

damn straight, in fact E3 should just die. I'd rather have each publisher take a different day to host their events. Though I suppose that would be stressful on the reporters.

Midou

I don't really expect much in terms of third party games except for maybe some to showcase graphics with early tech demos and stuff. I suspect more feature and hardware focus in general.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Surely every developer on the face of the planet, currently developing next gen games, would be clamouring to have some stage time at an event like this?

- Mass media coverage

I'd assume Sony would be turning people down, rather than struggling to get developers to show.

Yup. Time is very limits though.

Go_Ly_Dow

GAF is just too much at the moment!

All threads are moving at such a rapid pace and I haven't even tackled OT yet.

I gotta go ly dow,

LifEndz

It's good that he's trying to lower expectations, no one else seems to care, they only care about GET HYPE!

If it were anyone else, I'd agree. But his reputation makes me question his motives here. We're getting new hardware for crying out loud.

It's like we were stranded at sea and see a rescue boat coming and Aegis is telling us not to get too excited because there's probably no dry towels on the rescue boat.

17 hrs CEO Kaz Hirai CEO Kaz Hirai ‏@KazHiraiCEO

PS4 online will take key features from more popular online services like XBOX LIVE, including "cross game chat" and "having to pay for it"

LOL.

injurai

Banned

- Mass media coverage

stop. I can't handle any more hype.

Thinking of this is too good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom