• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardware isn't as important as it used to be, so I'd say if Sony focuses on demoing the tech this presentation will be a little disappointing. Then again, if they have new Watch Dogs footage, I will certainly walk away at least happy, if not impressed.

Nakazato

watwnsae.png

wat
Lol

test_account

XP-39C²
I expect to see some small tidbits of at least one game. Sony showed for example Little Deviants when the Vita was unveiled. But yeah, i'm not expecting to see much games. The system is assumably about a year away from launch, i think it is worth to keep that in mind.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Surely every developer on the face of the planet, currently developing next gen games, would be clamouring to have some stage time at an event like this?

- First look at next generation graphics
- Every game fan in the world is watching
- Mass media coverage
- Free promotion to the masses to plug their tech

I'd assume Sony would be turning people down, rather than struggling to get developers to show.

It's true that a lot of devs would want this kind of red carpet treatment showing their games but they have to be absolutely sure that it won't be underwhelming. There's a hell of a lot of pressure on the devs showing stuff tonight. I'm not expecting too many games or the games themselves to be megaton announcements, but I'm expecting that what they do show will look pretty damn polished.

If it were anyone else, I'd agree. But his reputation makes me question his motives here. We're getting new hardware for crying out loud.

It's like we were stranded at sea and see a rescue boat coming and Aegis is telling us not to get too excited because there's probably no dry towels on the rescue boat.

No he just wants us to wait out at sea for longer while the Xboat comes to rescue us...

2xbox360ps3.jpg

Conor 419

Banned
Things I want to happen

- PS4 with appropriate, reasonable specs.
- PS4 with appropriate, reasonable pricing.
- PSN online gaming to remain free.
- Decent selection of 'innovative Sony era' 1st party games, NOT 'copy Halo/Nintendo era' Sony.
- At least a few showings from great 3rd party IP.
- A good controller.
- Some innovation in control scheme or services.

Games like Mirror's Edge would sweeten the deal.

Gotta say, Battlefield 4 or Mirrors Edge 2 and a new IP from SSM would blow my mind. I hope these people aren't just attending to see, but attending to show.

They'll have some serious backlash if they are just trolling us.

Anyways, I'm awake but it's only 12 PM :(

Guess I better start playing some Vanquish

I expect to see some small tidbits of at least one game. Sony showed for example Little Deviants when the Vita was unveiled. But yeah, i'm not expecting to see much games. The system is assumably about a year away from launch, i think it is worth remembering that.

They showed a good deal more than just Little Deviants. Most notably a lengthy demo of Uncharted, and some tech demos. There was also a montage to close with loads of in production games from first and third parties, that were later expanded on at E3.

Mononoke

Banned
Keep your expectations low for hardcore games and you won't be disappointed.

Sounds fair enough.

I don't think I'll be let down, I honestly wasn't ever expecting that much. I'm just excited to see this announced.

In terms of the overall conference though, I just hope it's not too boring. I hope they did a good job pacing it out.

Concept17

Things I want to happen

- Decent selection of 'innovative Sony era' 1st party games, NOT 'copy Halo/Nintendo' Sony.

I really don't think we're gonna see a price today.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Things I want to happen

- Decent selection of 'innovative Sony era' 1st party games, NOT 'copy Halo/Nintendo' Sony.

This is what I'm hoping for as well, although I'm 50/50 on if we'll get full specs tonight and I highly doubt we'll get a price. It would be way too easy for Microsoft to come back with a competitive price point and stuff like HDD size is likely not finalized yet.

kuroshiki

I expect to see some small tidbits of at least one game. Sony showed for example Little Deviants when the Vita was unveiled. But yeah, i'm not expecting to see much games. The system is assumably about a year away from launch, i think it is worth to keep that in mind.

Sony first party studios has been making PS4 games for over 2 years by now. Many of them has to be a launch window game. They will have something to show for sure.

andycapps

Realistically, I'd guess we'll see something from Guerrilla, Naughty Dog (2 team studio now, no clue what 2nd team is working on), Ubisoft (they love console launches), maybe some video of Destiny, some David Cage joint, maybe something from Insomniac since they still presumably have a good relationship. I don't expect more than a handful of titles that they give much time to, but I expect a big montage video of a bunch of titles that may or may not ever come out.

Gong

what are you looking for. I assume games aren't your primary focus since they had that in abundance this gen. Services? But they didn't really have that with PS1/PS2. Just wondering.

It's a great question, one I've asked myself a lot since this meeting was announced. PlayStation has always been a prominent platform for me, but for some reason the so-called big retail exclusives this time round with the PS3 just haven't resonated with me as much as previous generations.

On the plus side PSN has been the real saving grace with some stand out titles, and in the instances where I've not already played certain games, PS+ has been a sensational addition which has shown what can be done when you think outside the box. Expanding on these, bringing in more big exclusives and grasping back some more that swagger they had in the old days would give me hope for what's to come as I'm an optimistic type usually.

Sony first party studios has been making PS4 games for over 2 years by now. Many of them has to be a launch window game. They will have something to show for sure.

This.

Especially when most of the rumours point to a launch in Q4 of this year. That only gives games, in development for launch day, anywhere between 7-9 months to finish, before they go gold.

Most launch games will now be in the beta stage of development.

Prologue

I'm guessing the whole conference will be posted online before midnight? Coming home at 10pm today :(.

Hopefully I can find my way to the video without getting spoiled too much.

Omzz

What I expect from tonight is just the reveal of PS4 and what they are working on. Price and release date will be shown at E3.

I didn't purchase a PS3 because the games didn't appeal to me, but I'm looking forward in seeing what they have been working on. Eventually if the price is right, and they have a good lineup of games I will consider getting one.

It's a great question, one I've asked myself a lot since this meeting was announced. PlayStation has always been a prominent platform for me, but for some reason the so-called big retail exclusives this time round with the PS3 just haven't resonated with me as much as previous generations.

On the plus side PSN has been the real saving grace with some stand out titles, and in the instances where I've not already played certain games, PS+ has been a sensational addition which has shown what can be done when you think outside the box. Expanding on these, bringing in more big exclusives and grasping back some more that swagger they had in the old days would give me hope for what's to come as I'm an optimistic type usually.
Ah, so you're basically just hoping for good continued value on services and games that are more aligned with your tastes. Well, hopefully everyone gets what they want :p

Rather than nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom