• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

davious88

Banned
ib2zR1slNUefsU_zpsf2d589cb.gif

Perfect

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
GT, Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, The Last Guardian and a small third party/non project sizzle reel. Anything else is a bonus I'd say.

test_account

XP-39C²
They showed a good deal more than just Little Deviants. Most notably a lengthy demo of Uncharted, and some tech demos. There was also a montage to close with loads of in production games from first and third parties, that were later expanded on at E3.
Oh, right, i forgot about the Uncharted demo. I remember the game reel at the end, but i didnt remember any games in specific besides that 3 second Killzone showing.

Sony first party studios has been making PS4 games for over 2 years by now. Many of them has to be a launch window game. They will have something to show for sure.
Good point. I'm really looking forward to see what they have to show :)

popeutlal

Finally, future gen is here. Sony always pushes tech in their games...no lazy effort like some other companies.

I shall watch and be impressed.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
You kidding me, all of that would be crazy if that happens?

Guaranteed surely. Got to show some games, it's a console unveiling. Need to save some stuff for E3 but showings from those four games/studios is needed and surely expected if they're going to pitch this well?

aganu

NBNCP4o.jpg

Has this been posted?
I think so. By the way, Playstation has been an official sponsor of the Champions League for many years. It's just yesterday was the first time (to me at least) in which they had the whole stadium boards showing the above at different periods throughout the match. I expect the same in tonight's matches.

Hm, I was supposed to wake up at 9:30am...

Guess I have a half hour to nap, lol. Today will be awesome. That's all there is to it. I don't care if its just the console and a tech demo. It's about damn time.

Portugeezer

Wait, there are people expecting ND and SSM to show new games?

Not happening, they both have TLOU and GoW:A coming out this spring

InFamous 3.

I think so. By the way, Playstation has been an official sponsor of the Champions League for many years. It's just yesterday was the first time (to me at least) in which they had the whole stadium boards showing the above at different periods throughout the match. I expect the same in tonight's matches.

It's such a common sight in the Champions League that I don't even think people will notice the "be the first to know 20/2" part.

Everyone assumes this is gonna be about the PS4. But as someone said, hardware isn't really important anymore - sure the PS3 could use a bit more power, but personally I'm fine with graphics where they are now, and don't think new hardware will really lead to new gameplay opportunities not possible on last-gen hardware.

So what if this instead is a huge PS3 renewal conference, with a large price drop, console redesign, and showing off a bunch of really hype-tastic software being released as PS3 exclusives? And the Orbis stuff is just an internal project they are working on in case this renewal attempt fails?

Drencrom

Pretty sure they're both two studio devs. They'll have something surely, even if it is just test or tech demos.

Just because there are two teams at their studios doesn't mean they're gonna shift focus from their upcoming games to two other games. Wait until E3

Tech demos are a possibility though

MMaRsu

Sony is gonna blow us all away!!!

iyNKhjCPJLQQO.gif

Everyone assumes this is gonna be about the PS4. But as someone said, hardware isn't really important anymore - sure the PS3 could use a bit more power, but personally I'm fine with graphics where they are now, and don't think new hardware will really lead to new gameplay opportunities not possible on last-gen hardware.

So what if this instead is a huge PS3 renewal conference, with a large price drop, console redesign, and showing off a bunch of really hype-tastic software being released as PS3 exclusives? And the Orbis stuff is just an internal project they are working on in case this renewal attempt fails?

Dreamwriter sounds about right, keep dreaming son!

darkwing

not this again

Dawg

They're announcing the PS4.

New hardware is required, especially more RAM and a better GPU.

So is it safe to say Battlefield 4 is going to be a lock for this event? The timing of that Gamestop reveal is pretty perfect.

Other than that, I only expect to see either a new Grand Turismo, or whatever the Motorstorm guys were talking up. We'll also get a Vita price drop, and one PS3 game jumping generations. (My money's on Beyond: Two Souls).

Maybe a new Metal Gear Solid V tease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom