• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that caffeine man?

No, its Justin Hammer from Iron Man 2. lol

I hope someone can Kazify it.

FOdGTjh.gif

Everyone assumes this is gonna be about the PS4. But as someone said, hardware isn't really important anymore - sure the PS3 could use a bit more power, but personally I'm fine with graphics where they are now, and don't think new hardware will really lead to new gameplay opportunities not possible on last-gen hardware.

So what if this instead is a huge PS3 renewal conference, with a large price drop, console redesign, and showing off a bunch of really hype-tastic software being released as PS3 exclusives? And the Orbis stuff is just an internal project they are working on in case this renewal attempt fails?

Then it would be one of the biggest let downs in history.

It's about the PS4.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Everyone assumes this is gonna be about the PS4. But as someone said, hardware isn't really important anymore - sure the PS3 could use a bit more power, but personally I'm fine with graphics where they are now, and don't think new hardware will really lead to new gameplay opportunities not possible on last-gen hardware.

So what if this instead is a huge PS3 renewal conference, with a large price drop, console redesign, and showing off a bunch of really hype-tastic software being released as PS3 exclusives? And the Orbis stuff is just an internal project they are working on in case this renewal attempt fails?

You don't have an event with 3 times the attendance of an E3 conference with devs and press coming from all over the world for something like that. It's PS4. 100% guaranteed. There will be some PS3/Vita stuff at the beginning but PS4 will be the star.

Concept17

Yeah... no. Everything points to this being PS4. The industry is ready for new consoles.

What are the chances of The Phantom Pain being there ? We've all assume it was the same game as Ground Zeroes and that Kojima was just fucking with us, but what if Geoff was telling the truth when saying "it is an a completely new game" ? What if Phantom Pain truly is a distinct Metal Gear game, dedicated for next-gen consoles ?

hype

sestrugen

I do think there is going to be focus on the PS3 but everything else will be about the announcement and information of PS4, unless Sony has not learned anything in the past decade

Concept17

So is it safe to say Battlefield 4 is going to be a lock for this event? The timing of that Gamestop reveal is pretty perfect.

Other than that, I only expect to see either a new Grand Turismo, or whatever the Motorstorm guys were talking up. We'll also get a Vita price drop, and one PS3 game jumping generations. (My money's on Beyond: Two Souls).

Maybe a new Metal Gear Solid V tease.

I think showing BF4 would be a huge benefit for Sony. CoD will likely be a big showcase for the next Xbox, and that series is showing some fatigue while BF's popularity grew massively with BF3. (over 17m sold last I heard).

That and Dice are tech wizards.

saladine1

You're going to be quoted for a while now.

Anyway, it's about the PS4. You don't hype an event like this with 1200 attendees, devs from everywhere, articles, marketing vids..etc for some PS3 news..no matter how good it would be..

What are the chances of The Phantom Pain being there ? We've all assume it was the same game as Ground Zeroes and that Kojima was just fucking with us, but what if Geoff was telling the truth when saying "it is an a completely new game" ? What if Phantom Pain truly is a distinct Metal Gear game, dedicated for next-gen consoles ?

hype

I thought the consensus was Metal Gear Solid V = Phantom Pain?

Either way, it probably has the best chance of being here of any huge third party reveal. It'll just be the next step in Kojima's long, drawn out "tease upon a tease" process.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
You're going to be quoted for a while now.

Anyway, it's about the PS4. You don't hype an event like this with 1200 attendees, devs from everywhere, articles, marketing vids..etc for some PS3 news..no matter how good it would be..

Oh man, imagine if that's all it was.

I don't doubt it's a new box though.

Shadders

It's such a common sight in the Champions League that I don't even think people will notice the "be the first to know 20/2" part.

I was thinking that, the hoardings are PS branded in every Champions League game, not sure this would really be different enough to catch people's eye.

It is interesting that Sony has such a stranglehold on mainland Europe though, I wonder how much their CL sponsorship plays into that.

Oh god h god oh God .... I have been sitting on the toilet all morning reading this thread because I can't stop myself from peeing a little bit in excitement everytime I hear a little bit more new s about this megaton announcement!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait I cannot wait. It has been 8 hard years in the making. My bowels are ready, my flatulents due to IBS are insane and I cannot hold them in any longer I just can't I can't. They are loud and excited and I will refuse to continue to hold them in. They want to come out and ring in a new era of graphics and gaming goodness. This will be the conference that changes everything.

GAMERS UNITE, GAME ON!!!!!!!!

Marleyman

Banned
I think showing BF4 would be a huge benefit for Sony. CoD will likely be a big showcase for the next Xbox, and that series is showing some fatigue while BF's popularity grew massively with BF3. (over 17m sold last I heard).

That and Dice are tech wizards.

BF3 is the better tech/game but the following for COD is still very strong. I do agree though; Sony needs to make BF their COD anyway they can.

yurinka

I thought the consensus was Metal Gear Solid V = Phantom Pain?

Either way, it probably has the best chance of being here of any huge third party reveal. It'll just be the next step in Kojima's long, drawn out "tease upon a tease" process.
Metal Gear Solid V = Phantom Pain is confirmed by its logo.
What still isn't clear if Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are the same game or not. Some things lead to think that yes, and others lead to think that no.

test_account

XP-39C²
Wait, there are people expecting ND and SSM to show new games?

Not happening, they both have TLOU and GoW:A coming out this spring
I think that both Naughty Dog and Sega Santa Monica have two teams each. One team is working on The Last Of Us and one on God of War Ascension. The other two remaining teams have most likely worked on something unannounced.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN

From now on, I will be stuck with interviews till the night.

and after that he's available for the PS meeting? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom