• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMaRsu

Sony gone Tom Petty that MS hoe

iyNKhjCPJLQQO.gif

I haven't been this hyped for anything ever since the PlayStation Conference last year. I'm hoping since that one was pretty good this one is too, at least just using past expectations.

ascii42

I have a feeling there will be a self-deprecating joke about this tonight. In fact, I'd love if this entire conference was a parody of what happened in 2005. Complete with Giant Enemy Crab.

2006, you mean. Actually wouldn't be the first time. At TGS 2006, Kaz did the Riiiidge Racer thing again, and to demonstrate the PS3's video playback capability, they showed video recapping/making fun of the E3 show.

Kasumi1970

my name is Ted
Everyone assumes this is gonna be about the PS4. But as someone said, hardware isn't really important anymore - sure the PS3 could use a bit more power, but personally I'm fine with graphics where they are now, and don't think new hardware will really lead to new gameplay opportunities not possible on last-gen hardware.

So what if this instead is a huge PS3 renewal conference, with a large price drop, console redesign, and showing off a bunch of really hype-tastic software being released as PS3 exclusives? And the Orbis stuff is just an internal project they are working on in case this renewal attempt fails?

when MS come out with there new system this fall...they woukd kill sony. people are ready for a new system. this gen has been 8 years too long.

Hoo-doo

Banned
We need to pump the brakes on this hype train.

I can already taste the huge backlash when Sony doesn't show enough actual games.

You're going to be quoted for a while now.

Anyway, it's about the PS4. You don't hype an event like this with 1200 attendees, devs from everywhere, articles, marketing vids..etc for some PS3 news..no matter how good it would be..

I'm not saying it would just be "some PS3 news". I'm saying they'd be announcing this as their "next-gen" console, which is why they are making such a big deal about it. Round up a bunch of surprise mega-exclusives like Final Fantasy XV and GTA 5, drop the console price to $99, start selling a "Dual Shock Touch" or whatnot, and then make the point that the PS3 is already next-gen. I could see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom