• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

SerTapTap

I won't lie, I do find it funny that all these banned games are Vita games. Just a function of it being the de facto lead Playstation platform in Japan I guess.

I'm strongly considering not buying any more games this year after Splatoon and Witcher 3 and just finishing my PS+ backlog. I mean, I don't really worry about my backlog, but there are so many games I really do want to play and haven't even started yet, and the hole is just getting deeper :p

I'm pretty sure I have over a thousand imminently accessible games on my current platforms and I'm sure I've "beaten" less than half...I can't really care about backlog anymore though it still kinda stresses me out.

I don't even really count PS+ as backlog. I do try and give a stab at anything "new" in any interesting way, but otherwise, eh.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Does it sexualize children or not?

At this point it does not matter and I suggest you drop the issue. Mods were nice enough to let things slide, but there aint gonna be a second round of that I can assure you. Especially when you saw the post that someone here earlier quoted from the owner of NeoGAF himself EviLore.

All you need to know now is that further discussion of said title is no longer allowed on the forums.

I'm pretty sure I have over a thousand imminently accessible games on my current platforms and I'm sure I've "beaten" less than half...I can't really care about backlog anymore though it still kinda stresses me out.

I don't even really count PS+ as backlog. I do try and give a stab at anything "new" in any interesting way, but otherwise, eh.

I've realized in the last couple of years that for most games I'm a snacker, and I really only have 4-5 main courses a year. I'm ok with that now, because I get more enjoyment at my own pace, and come to understand (and therefor get more out of) the games I focus on better.

Been playing Jamestown+ these past few days. Just 3 trophies away from getting the platinum...but sadly, one of those trophies involves 3 other players in local co-op. Everyone I know had an x1.

Its going to bug the hell out of me knowing this will stop me from 100%.

With shareplay, it makes things so that I would just need 2 other people. I even thought about buying used controllers from gamestop and returning them when im done to get money back. Its the same as preowned games, correct? In terms of being able to return within 7 days to get a refund?

My OCD can't accept this, lol. Anyone else in the same boat with trophies like these?

If you want to talk about the banned games, as Tef said you can go to The Vita Lounge so it's all good. I know it look like the moderators have some beef with the PS Vita, but I'm" pretty positive they don't. Even if they did it's a private forum so truth is you got to play by their rules or bounce.

Tizoc

So EU GAF, how you finding dat Brandish?
Also all you PS3GAFfers who didn't buy the PS2 Contra games that were on sale, greatly disappoint me =(

Massa

Alright then.

15773264909_5a28efc09d_b.jpg

I'm completely addicted to Shovel Knight. It's a great game, and the Vita port is perfect. It looks incredible, and it's the kind of game that works perfectly on a handheld.

Noooo just cause 3 has hideous box art:

Was honestly considering PS4 to have a physical copy but maybe not if it's just going to ugly up my shelf. Still excited for the game of course.

There was a thread on the front page that...bleh just ignore the thread.

Speaking of physical I have no idea how to buy Shovel Knight. I think I'll get the PS4 retail copy, unsure if I should just buy digital too and leave the physical one unopened. While I love the heck out of digital cross buy I honestly rarely use it on Vita. Binding of Isaac is one of few games I take advantage of portably, there's so many exclusives on Vita I just play those when I'm out and about.

I do not understand how they ended up with that box art. The Gameinformer coverage picture should have been the box art.

Tizoc

Confession time: I have all 5 PSP+Vita Persona games but haven't started nor beaten a single one yet :V
I know many say to just play 3 and 4G, but I wanna start from P1 to see the series evolution, and also for dat Kaneko story and characterization.

...but damn dat P4G boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYwu0QDEg0

Also screw you Atlus for not keeping the OG Persona 1 battle theme >=[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppx1keDjd68

Alright then.

I'm completely addicted to Shovel Knight. It's a great game, and the Vita port is perfect. It looks incredible, and it's the kind of game that works perfectly on a handheld.

Well it WAS initially released on the 3DS :V

Parakeetman

And, since you played it, do you think DT2 "focuses on the sexualization of children" or "creepy elements" are a major part of it as much as CG or Monpiece?

At this point unfortunately there will be no further discussion on the topic as the game has been deemed banned which includes all discussion on it.

Ventara

Confession time: I have all 5 PSP+Vita Persona games but haven't started nor beaten a single one yet :V
I know many say to just play 3 and 4G, but I wanna start from P1 to see the series evolution, and also for dat Kaneko story and characterization.

Don't do it. Listen to the voice of reason. Well, since you already own it, no harm in trying P1 out, but it's completely different from 3/4.

...but damn dat P4G boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkYwu0QDEg0

Also screw you Atlus for not keeping the OG Persona 1 battle theme >=[
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppx1keDjd68

Well it WAS initially released on the 3DS :V

I would start out with 2 , 1 can get a little rough.

SerTapTap

I guess I'm posting the Omega Quintet OT now in case anyone was concerned.

I do not understand how they ended up with that box art. The Gameinformer coverage picture should have been the box art.

I don't get western box art. I don't know if they focus test it to death or what, but so many great games have such terrible boring box arts, it's really annoying. And yeah, that game informer cover was awesome, should have saved it for the box. Maybe a limited edition or reversible cover will save us yet.

I've realized in the last couple of years that for most games I'm a snacker, and I really only have 4-5 main courses a year. I'm ok with that now, because I get more enjoyment at my own pace, and come to understand (and therefor get more out of) the games I focus on better.

I agree though at the same time I've been putting off 3 <8 hour games for like a month now (The Order, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Firefly Diary) but still I can play more passively like *w* Quintet I'll toss hours into pretty easily. It just feels like I need to put more effort into those minute-to-minute games like Kirby, even though it's not really hard or anything. I guess I've just been lacking motivation lately anyway.

Tizoc

Don't do it. Listen to the voice of reason. Well, since you already own it, no harm in trying P1 out, but it's completely different from 3/4.

I know, but I wanna do it chronologically, plus the games have very easy mode which is what I wanna play on just to experience the story and characterizations.

Though is there a good guide that I can follow in order to get the multiple endings and extra characters?

Producer

P1 isn't as bad as people say, PSP remake makes it more user friendly. You definately need to play P2 duology though, they are the best games in the series, and have that Kaneko goodness you're craving for. Also P1 is connected to P2 so more reason to play those 3 games.

or, alternatively, do do it since P1 is linked to P2 and P2 is a much better (set of) game(s) than P3 or P4. Might not have the production quality, but the systems are way more interesting.

Shizuka

I have all PSP and Vita Persona games, only one I've played to completion was Persona 4 Golden. I tried, I really did, but I couldn't get into the others.

Ohnonono

At this point unfortunately there will be no further discussion on the topic as the game has been deemed banned which includes all discussion on it.

I am glad you know how to stick around lol, I will need your help for Operation Tokyo if it is as hardcore as that early preview made it sound!

Parakeetman

I am glad you know how to stick around lol, I will need your help for Operation Tokyo if it is as hardcore as that early preview made it sound!

Nah the game isnt that hardcore, not quite sure what was the issue was with the person playing.

autoduelist

Been playing Jamestown+ these past few days. Just 3 trophies away from getting the platinum...but sadly, one of those trophies involves 3 other players in local co-op. Everyone I know had an x1.

Its going to bug the hell out of me knowing this will stop me from 100%.

With shareplay, it makes things so that I would just need 2 other people. I even thought about buying used controllers from gamestop and returning them when im done to get money back. Its the same as preowned games, correct? In terms of being able to return within 7 days to get a refund?

My OCD can't accept this, lol. Anyone else in the same boat with trophies like these?

Buying controllers just to return them is kind of crappy.

That results in only 3 possibilities:
1) product is returned to sony to be refurbed
2) used product is carefully put back into box and sold as new to future customer
3) it is sold as used product

In all cases, it's kind of shady. It's one thing if it's defective, or even if you simply don't like it.... but intentionally going into the deal planning on returning is problematic.

You could just keep them for future use? It's always nice having two controllers and alternating charging.

As far as being in the same boat... adhoc vita trophies are the worst.

bobohoro

or, alternatively, do do it since P1 is linked to P2 and P2 is a much better (set of) game(s) than P3 or P4. Might not have the production quality, but the systems are way more interesting.

While I do agree that P2 has a more interesting setting and story, the gameplay mechanics and systems really haven't aged well at all and P3/4 are, for the majority of newcomers, way more fun to play nowadays. I dislike pretty much everything, from the battle system to the negotiation mechanics.

I have all PSP and Vita Persona games, only one I've played to completion was Persona 4 Golden. I tried, I really did, but I couldn't get into the others.

That's not so uncommon, especially if you started with P4.

While I do agree that P2 has a more interesting setting and story, the gameplay mechanics and systems really haven't aged well at all and P3/4 are, for the majority of newcomers, way more fun to play nowadays. I dislike pretty much everything, from the battle system to the negotiation mechanics.
Eh. We'll agree to disagree. P3/4 feels sterile in comparison as far as I'm concerned.

I think it will come over. They had an English subbed trailer already, and it just seems kinda dumb to me to make a PS4 version of the game if they don't intend to localize it, given the PS4's low userbase in Japan.
Yup these are the main forces behind my reasoning. It's time. It's been 5 years since GEBs release on the PSP. I'll continue waiting as long as it takes, but something tells me this is it, at E3 we will hear more.

Hopefully, God Eater Burst is one of my favorite PSP games and I still play it, I can only be in media blackout for so long. In terms of Vita games during E3 season I'm" pulling for either Rage Burst (more likely thanks to PS4 and it's Namco) or Phantasy Star Nova (less likely because it's SEGA).
I would love to see PSN come over, but let's be honest. There was PSO2 before that on PC, and look at how long that is taking them to bring over. I think that this one is unfortunately not gonna come any time soon.

Shizuka

Seda pointed this out in another topic, Operation Abyss is getting a first-print bonus:

Bonus Description
Exclusive to the first print of Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy on PlayStation Vita is the &#8220;Operation Abyss Launch Edition&#8221;. Immerse yourself deeper into the Abyss with a 16-song CD soundtrack secured in a sleeve and tucked inside a beautiful collector&#8217;s box, along with the game. Enjoy a unique sci-fi story in an accessible, yet deep dungeon crawler that includes a robust customization system.
The CD & collectible outer box will be BUNDLED with game at launch. There is no need to order them separately.

That means people that can't afford getting the limited edition can still get a nice bonus with the game at launch.

bobohoro

Eh. We'll agree to disagree. P3/4 feels sterile in comparison as far as I'm concerned.

We aren't entirely in disagreement, since I feel the same as you about P3/4. I don't think any Persona game has particular good battle systems, they are just less obnoxious and easier to bypass in the newer ones. I just disagree that P2 is a mechanically interesting game from the perspective of a newcomer to the series.

But if I had the luck of playing the duology many years ago when they were released, I'd probably view it differently, I have become pretty unforgiving when it comes to that stuff as of late.

We aren't entirely in disagreement, since I feel the same as you about P3/4. I don't think any Persona game has particular good battle systems, they are just less obnoxious and easier to bypass in the newer ones. I just disagree that P2 is a mechanically interesting game from the perspective of a newcomer to the series.

But if I had the luck of playing the duology many years ago when they were released, I'd probably view it differently, I have become pretty unforgiving when it comes to that stuff as of late.

Alright, you're definitely right about the bolded (in that it's not true). We agree on that. If you like the SMT greater series, though, I think P2 is more compelling.

deadfolk

Yep, download queue finally worked after a week of problems.

I've got the PS+ version too and it worked, after some initial problems when the PS3 version hit.

Are you trying from the webstore or PS3 store?

Web. I'll look again later.

P1 isn't as bad as people say, PSP remake makes it more user friendly. You definately need to play P2 duology though, they are the best games in the series, and have that Kaneko goodness you're craving for. Also P1 is connected to P2 so more reason to play those 3 games.

Are both the P2 games available in US? Pretty sure on EU store there's only one.

SerTapTap

Seda pointed this out in another topic, Operation Abyss is getting a first-print bonus:

That means people that can't afford getting the limited edition can still get a nice bonus with the game at launch.

Cool stuff. Surprised they're doing that what with having a separate LE.

Speaking of recently announced limited edition goodies, Neptunia U's CE is announced, on sale may 1st. Has a (sampler) soundtrack CD and a non-lewd Purple Heart pillow case. Kinda surprising inclusion. At least it's not a curry plate

Shizuka

Cool stuff. Surprised they're doing that what with having a separate LE.

Speaking of recently announced limited edition goodies, Neptunia U's CE is announced, on sale may 1st. Has a (sampler) soundtrack CD and a non-lewd Purple Heart pillow case. Kinda surprising inclusion. At least it's not a curry plate

They're probably doing it so that more people will pre-order the game, I'm not feeling the hype judging from the limited edition stock.

Also, I made the topic for that announcement, it's weird that they won't settle for a conventional limited edition.

Tizoc

Can one still enjoy P2 without playing P1? Thinking of clearing up some space after beating P1 :p

Parakeetman

Yup these are the main forces behind my reasoning. It's time. It's been 5 years since GEBs release on the PSP. I'll continue waiting as long as it takes, but something tells me this is it, at E3 we will hear more.

I would love to see PSN come over, but let's be honest. There was PSO2 before that on PC, and look at how long that is taking them to bring over. I think that this one is unfortunately not gonna come any time soon.

Its two totally different issues with PSO2 vs PSN. Reason being is you need a whole infrastructure behind running an online MMO which also includes payment methods and staff to run everything.

Then there would be who would be willing to front the $$$ for all of that.

Speaking with someone that actually had experience within the MMO industry within one of the large players that is what they basically what they told me the issues always are with trying to localize and get an MMO up and running is just the crazy amount of investment required by the one who would be backing it.

With PN, thats more just Sega being Sega. lol

SerTapTap

They're probably doing it so that more people will pre-order the game, I'm not feeling the hype judging from the limited edition stock.

Also, I made the topic for that announcement, it's weird that they won't settle for a conventional limited edition.

I never make threads I just post in here, lol. Too shy for thread-make.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't really mind them including a wacky item but it'd be nice to have a standard artbook + CD combo as a default for all things. It's sort of interesting they try to mix it up all the time, but it means the LE isn't so great if you're not interested in whatever weird, probably impractical thing they tossed in this time.

I'd probably use their Vita case if it weren't MASSIVE though. I had a nice snug Prinny case for my PSP and I haven't seen anything like it for Vita yet. Vita's big though, hard to add a case to that and still fit it in my pocket.

Nudull

Banned
I've owned Persona 2 (IS and EP), Persona 3 and 4 on my Vita, and Persona on my old PSP. Never got to finish P1 or 2, and I lost the former a while ago. I should try and get back on it.

I need to finish Demon Gaze, I'm awful because whenever I wanna play a DRPG I just replay any EO. :(

I say that as I'm about to restart EO: Untold.

autoduelist

I'm again reminded by how atrocious the download list is because I decided to finally get around to dl'ing SOA and it's 100 pieces of free DLC.

WTF.

Why can't there be an easy way to download all DLC with one button press.

Worse yet, by the time I manage to get all these clicked on and downloaded, I'll no longer be in the mood to play the game but will have a 3gig monstrosity on my card stuck there because i never want to have to dl all the dlc again.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm again reminded by how atrocious the download list is because I decided to finally get around to dl'ing SOA and it's 100 pieces of free DLC.

WTF.

Worse yet, by the time I manage to get all these clicked on and downloaded, I'll no longer be in the mood to play the game but will have a 3gig monstrosity on my card stuck there because i never want to have to dl all the dlc again.

Hell I get ticked off even with modestly reasonable DLC lists like BL2, I can't imagine one of those games with a thousand outfits.

Tizoc

WTF.

Use this
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=985754

Producer

Can one still enjoy P2 without playing P1? Thinking of clearing up some space after beating P1 :p

Definately. While playing P1 before will enhance your P2 playthrough, the P2 duo are complete standalone games. I can understand not being able to play through 1 if memory card or time is a factor.

edit: buy the game that could, Shinovi Versus. Hell buy Bon Appetit too lol

Why eat a moldy hamburger when you can have steak?

I know.... Untold is just so good(Classic/Expert of course, it would be perfect with a better Grimoire system and letting me use Highlander/Gunner in Classic), but I still want to get into the Vita DRPGs, I'm at least sure to get Operation Abyss when it comes out even if I might also throw it into my backlog forever if Untold 2 is near.

I still think Demon Gaze is pretty interesting, but it didn't grab me the way EO does... then again, nothing else does.

Top Bottom