• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Chuy

fUcdgux.gif

I should take a break from trying to cram a whole semester into my head in one afternoon.
You generally only retain only 30-45 minutes of multi hour study sessions if I'm remembering that stastic correctly.
Take a break if you haven't alreadyet

The Vita goal for this Kickstarter project is ridiculous. They're asking for £35,000 to get the game done, but Vita stretch goal comes at £400,000. That's over ten times the project goal.
That's super disappointing. I was looking forward to this game on vita :(

I'm an adult. The only person that should decide what I can or can not see is me. I have kids. The only person that should decide what they can or can not see is me, and I take responsibility for that. It's not my job to police what you look at assuming we're not talking about stuff that causes harm in the making.
While this is true, yes you, I and most people buying the game are Adults, yes. HOWEVER, AO ratings aren't carried by PSN, the ratings are done by ESRB so if there's anyone to complain to it's them, not Atlus, people need to realize this. Will Atlus cut content out (which they apparently didn't do, they seem to have modified it slightly from what I have read online) in order to be able to deliver this to everyone? Yes they will, the fact that they are going to such great lengths shows that they really want to bring this product. Isn't this something much better than not getting the game at all?

I want to know from the perspective of those who seem to be bothered by this who they are mad at, because from what I understand everyone seems to be mad at Atlus, when they clearly have done nothing wrong. Shouldn't these people be mad at ESRB? Shouldn't they support the company for making an effort in order to bypass a block being made by the ratings organization?

RK128

fUcdgux.gif

I should take a break from trying to cram a whole semester into my head in one afternoon.

As someone who just studied 150+ textbook pages and seven long PowerPoint packets last night and this morning in taking my final Children with Special Needs test, I feel your pain man :'(. Good luck with your studying and try to take 5-15 minute breaks between studying.

That is what I do when studying for my exams and it normally works quite well.....though those 5-15 breaks end up turning into half hour to an hour breaks if I'm not careful with time :l.

Good luck studying for your exams man and you will ace everything Names :D.

incpdo

Formula fusion sounds awesome but that vita stretch goal is a big no from the devs to this console. Tho the game will look incredible in the little screen.

So... 89.25 hours played later and I completed my first time through P4G. Thanks VitaGAF for talking about this game so much that I got over my trepidation of tackling such a lengthy game and went for it. There is so much stuffed into that game but it all works together beautifully and it did not feel grindy even when I was choosing to grind.

Going to sit back and digest that experience now while cleansing my palate with a non-JRPG game next. The question is... After that, when I am ready to jump back into another RPG, which one of these two backlog games would be the best follow up to P4G: Trails in the Sky or Legend of Mana?

wilflare

Hey there was a PC one right?
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I am so glad I held off on buying batman on that last sale. My cousin bought it and I had a chance to play it and I can say that it mediocre.

glad you're out :D
hope you are feeling tons better man

Ventara

Play-Asia got some extra stock for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment (english) asian version for the Vita. They're around U$70 on eBay, but it's $40 at Play-Asia, the stock won't last long with those prices.

Oh wow, yes! I've been waiting for them to restock, and the price is great (relatively). Will buy.

So... 89.25 hours played later and I completed my first time through P4G. Thanks VitaGAF for talking about this game so much that I got over my trepidation of tackling such a lengthy game and went for it. There is so much stuffed into that game but it all works together beautifully and it did not feel grindy even when I was choosing to grind.

Going to sit back and digest that experience now while cleansing my palate with a non-JRPG game next. The question is... After that, when I am ready to jump back into another RPG, which one of these two backlog games would be the best follow up to P4G: Trails in the Sky or Legend of Mana?

I'd go with Legend of Mana simply because SC isn't out yet and doesn't seem like it ever will despite what XSEED says. They say this year, and if you want to believe them, then I guess go with Trails.

glad you're out :D
hope you are feeling tons better man
I got some new scars to my body but everything should be healed up. Too bad I'm in the red for now so everything gaming / misc expenses are out for me. Health is priority for me.
``````````````````````````````
One piece on the vita looks great. I'm loving it.

On the EDF side, I am starting to like Pale Wing now than the grounded troop. Evasion with flying is a bit hard for me now but the equipment she has is making me enjoy the game more and better.
```````````````````````````````
The question is... After that, when I am ready to jump back into another RPG, which one of these two backlog games would be the best follow up to P4G: Trails in the Sky or Legend of Mana?
Trails. So you can join us for the wait of SC.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
But VVVVVV is on pretty much everything else now, and is a very short game, so really, I don't think that's a big loss.

I know. I just want to play it again for trophies, ha.

Holy moly, yup this right here answers all our questions folks. Damn lol, just beware googling that last thing out in public lmfao.

I don't mind them cutting stuff like that out tbh. I've said it many times, I don't judge those who are ok with it, but I feel uncomfortable whenever stuff like this pops up just because, I don't like fan service. Although some might get mad that it is censored, I actually am ok with it.

To take the opposite view of autoduelist, not only am I okay with it being edited, I wish it didn't even exist in the original Japanese releases. They're just trashy gimmicks covering up what can be some decent gameplay.

And there's no way in hell Michelangelo would be considered obscene. :)
His stuff is so tame compared to modern art since the 60s.

Roubjon

So I was thinking of buying Musync on Playstation Mobile cuz I love Rhythm Games, but I'm worried it'll be too easy? Do any of you peepz have it? How many songs does it have? And are there any really challenging songs in there? Thanks!

Apparently GAF mods are giving DT2 the same treatment as a certain other game.

yeah http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161361013&postcount=477

Kinda disappointed, mostly because I'm super excited about the game as it seems to be an amazing dungeon crawler gameplay wise and I'd love to talk about the game when it comes out, I'd be fine with a "don't post pics from the game" ban but now I won't even be able to talk about it.

There's even an OT, I wonder how long till it's locked. (Edit: and it's closed.)

Oh well, I get why they did it and I respect their decision.

Maid

Banned
While this is true, yes you, I and most people buying the game are Adults, yes. HOWEVER, AO ratings aren't carried by PSN, the ratings are done by ESRB so if there's anyone to complain to it's them, not Atlus, people need to realize this. Will Atlus cut content out (which they apparently didn't do, they seem to have modified it slightly from what I have read online) in order to be able to deliver this to everyone? Yes they will, the fact that they are going to such great lengths shows that they really want to bring this product. Isn't this something much better than not getting the game at all?

I want to know from the perspective of those who seem to be bothered by this who they are mad at, because from what I understand everyone seems to be mad at Atlus, when they clearly have done nothing wrong. Shouldn't these people be mad at ESRB? Shouldn't they support the company for making an effort in order to bypass a block being made by the ratings organization?

That's why I wish for the day of Asia's triumphant in game industry, so that shit like Mortal Kombat X won't get a blind eyes while games with fanservice get trashed on.

The reason people are getting mad because XSEED could and Atlus couldn't, but I'm not going to delve into this, since it won't solve anything. The only thing I could do is keep learning Japanese and play the game in its original state.

Aeana

Is anyone going to bother making an OT for Moero Chronicle? Not sure if it's even worth it.

It should be assumed that games in series that we've already barred are also not welcome. It's my understanding that Moero Chronicle is in the same series as Monster Monpiece.

It should be assumed that games in series that we've already barred are also not welcome. It's my understanding that Moero Chronicle is in the same series as Monster Monpiece.

is this the case? Literally know nothing about the game. Didn't realize they were related.

How bad are the games that are banned? And why?

They're not my kind of games aesthetic wise, but surprised at the bans. Would just like to know more.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Apparently GAF mods are giving DT2 the same treatment as a certain other game. :(

Its why I had made the import OT with a focus on the actual gameplay and not doing something stupid such as posting pics from the game and being up front with that it is a very fanservice heavy title to warn those who do not enjoy such content which is fully understandable as here at GAF we have a wide and varied community.

Do understand the mods decision to not allow an OT / further discussion on the title and us here as guests on GAF must abide by these rules. Their bar, their rules basically. And as for example think it was Besada who said basically "There are other places to continue the discussion on, but GAF will not be one of them" which is true, so trying to make a fuss about it is rather pointless.

They're not my kind of games aesthetic wise, but surprised at the bans. Would just like to know more.

The most simple understanding that you need is that it is content that they deem unfit for the community. While not the same its also how they remove posts & or ban posts of folks doing the "waifu" type of BS in threads which takes away from actual conversation of the title in discussion itself. Since it just leads to mindless posts of stupid if they did not enforce it with particular threads, such as the Persona related titles would be the most recent example.

There really is nothing more to know about and you are free to use google to look up information on said titles.

wilflare

figuratively speaking, it's as bad as the wanton violence in games like Mortal Kombat.
but oh well. seems like brutal violence is a OK here while fanservice-y games are not :/

and that's like end of discussion :/ - so much for a nexus where gamers can come together and talk about things :/

Parakeetman

figuratively speaking, it's as bad as the wanton violence in games like Mortal Kombat.
but oh well. seems like brutal violence is a OK here while fanservice-y games are not :/

and that's like end of discussion :/ - so much for a nexus where gamers can come together and talk about things :/

The last bit on the topic is the mods are fair on the topic at hand as they let other titles go, but when it comes to what would appear to be underaged characters in states of undress is where they draw the line which is fully understandable. Or what they deem as inappropriate after looking through whatever resources they find.

Since GAF has both a male and female staff behind the moderation the decision is made within that group and its not as if there is a one sided slant to it either.

In regards to violence GAF has out right said that for example the a game that starts with H and involves pointless ultraviolence has been banned from discussion on the forums. So it is not as if violence gets a free pass.

With how threads get closed after a mod looks at it and deems that there would be no healthy discussion from a thread is also another similar situation, but at the same time it is possible said thread can be reopened after an internal discussion. But in the case of the banned titles / topics it is a unanimous decision made by all parties on the team and chances of being over turned are non existent basically.

wilflare

The last bit on the topic is the mods are fair on the topic at hand as they let other titles go, but when it comes to what would appear to be underaged characters in states of undress is where they draw the line which is fully understandable. Or what they deem as inappropriate after looking through whatever resources they find.

Since GAF has both a male and female staff behind the moderation the decision is made within that group and its not as if there is a one sided slant to it either.

In regards to violence GAF has out right said that for example the a game that starts with H and involves pointless ultraviolence has been banned from discussion on the forums. So it is not as if violence gets a free pass.

I know which game you are referring to. but really, what is the line? and where do we draw that line? I don't play these fanservice games and neither am I a fan of games with wanton violence. but I would think that both games can be here and discussed.

I mean isn't that what GAF sets itself out to be? I quote

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

but oh well.

Friendly warning: don't push this any further or you will very likely be banned.

oh well.

Parakeetman

I know which game you are referring to. but really, what is the line? and where do we draw that line? I don't play these fanservice games and neither am I a fan of games with wanton violence. but I would think that both games can be here and discussed.

I mean isn't that what GAF sets itself out to be? I quote

NeoGAF is a nexus of hardcore gamers, enthusiast press, and video game industry developers and publishers. This is a neutral ground where facts and evidence, presented within the confines of civil, inclusive discourse, prevail through careful moderation.

but oh well.

That last line of your quote basically explains why some things will be banned. "careful moderation".

The line is pretty clear so far as the games that have been banned come under 2 strong topics "underage in appearance or actual age characters in various stages of undress" and "ultra violence" that adds nothing to forwarding gaming as an entertainment medium due to said title being only about that"

In regard to the ultra violence its why was a bit surprised that the Postal DLC got a pass considering what the game is, but suppose the devs figure its more satire / parody than anything vs the actual banned one.

I'd imagine the line is drawn at potentially pedophilic content, which seems...very reasonable.

So I was thinking of buying Musync on Playstation Mobile cuz I love Rhythm Games, but I'm worried it'll be too easy? Do any of you peepz have it? How many songs does it have? And are there any really challenging songs in there? Thanks!

Hope you see this!
Yes grab this great game before ps mobile dies!

It's a good mix of easy and hard songs, I'm a DDR, beatmania vet and some songs can definitely challenge you. There's some IAP buy I ignore it.

Can someone give me a better hint at what that is? I'm sure it's a game I've never heard of...assuming it's not the Hitman series.

Can someone give me a better hint at what that is? I'm sure it's a game I've never heard of...assuming it's not the Hitman series.

Hatred. The serial killer simulator game. Saying the name itself is not worthy of a banhammer but all discussions are not.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Golden week or not, I'm currently happy with what I own for now. I have to finish One piece before buying a new one.

Hatred. The serial killer simulator game. Saying the name itself is not worthy of a banhammer but all discussions are not.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Golden week or not, I'm currently happy with what I own for now. I have to finish One piece before buying a new one.

Thank you. Won't even bother googleing it.

wilflare

I'd imagine the line is drawn at potentially pedophilic content, which seems...very reasonable.

okay, I won't comment further after this -
I don't really play or follow these games but I think there's a problem if there's a blanket ban on them (meaning no discussion, etc) - I do believe that these games, apart from the fanservice, do offer actual gameplay to people.

if objectionable pictures are posted, moderate them - have them removed, etc. (this much I understand. there's no need to post those pictures). but where's the virtue in banning entire discussions of entire games altogether - it loses the nuance of "careful moderation".

yes, I understand that for the West (I apologise for generalising), games with such fanservice themes are taboo (and very much frowned upon). so much so that people go "loljapan", "lolVita" when they see them. But is no one seeing the irony here? There's tons of discussion about games that are extremely violent, games that condones and rewards the player for brutally harming another (or sexual violence even)
- maybe it is not intentional, but the message here is that "hey such games are okay, or perhaps better than those fanservice games"

arguably, there may be a clash of cultural sensibilities undergirding the discussion here. I see violence as big as an issue with those so-called fanservice games - and I don't understand how anyone can draw a line between both and say that one is okay, one is not.

I'm not here to challenge the mods or anything like that - I'm here to ask "must it be this way", "can we approach this another way"? - can we work something out so that GAF can indeed be a nexus for all gamers to gather and have a civil and inclusive discussion?

Seda

Hi

Parakeetman asked me to jump in to issue an final say on this topic in this thread. I'm not going to issue an ultimatum of anything (especially not without talking with the rest of the team) so instead, I'll link two posts from other moderators from the thread "Will discussion of certain games be banned on Neogaf from here on out?"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120123778&postcount=307

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120123817&postcount=309

That, in a nutshell, is what the moderation team feels towards this subject in general. As always, with any moderation questions (about anything), send a PM (seriously).

Parakeetman

Hi

Parakeetman asked me to jump in to issue an final say on this topic in this thread. I'm not going to issue an ultimatum of anything (especially not without talking with the rest of the team) so instead, I'll link two posts from other moderators from the thread "Will discussion of certain games be banned on Neogaf from here on out?"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120123778&postcount=307

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=120123817&postcount=309

That, in a nutshell, is what the moderation team feels towards this subject in general. As always, with any moderation questions (about anything), send a PM (seriously).

As Seda stated, this should help folks in this particular community understand a bit better why things are the way they are with moderation decisions.

Reason why I called him in here is word from a mod is much more convincing than another user trying to explain things to users which are brought up with more questions, rather than understanding and accepting the fact that the board has rules & regs which are made up by decisions of a committee of moderators that vary in background and beliefs.

This is not the only community for gaming discussion on the net, while it may be the most used for some folks, there is nothing stopping people from keeping in contact with other users who share similar interests and communicating about topics which might not be deemed appropriate for the NeoGAF forums.

Considering I was going to be doing the OT, while disappointed that there will not be a community for folks to share their experience with the game which is what I had wanted to see, I understand the decision made by the mods. I can imagine the only reason why the import OT was left alone is due to having purposefully keeping it clean and warned people ahead of time that this is about discussion about the game itself and the discussion that did take place in there with the small group was kept free of the usual issues that get threads shut down or folks banned. But since the decision has been made will stand by that and there are more than enough titles coming out this year for people to discuss regardless.

Also did a preemptive post in regards to the Import "To Heart 2 Dungeon Travelers" OT will not be done due to the recent events. While the mods have not stated directly that particular title in the series will not be allowed, we can all safely imagine that it being the same series is enough for a blanket decision to block out all further titles in the series.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well at least i won't see dumb fights over 4 edited images like in other sites(see gematsu for example).

I hope that after this localization companies will learn to privilege non-lewd games.

Another banned game, hmm?

Disappointing, but I'll just use TVL's forum if I need to chat about it then - and you're all welcome to do the same if you're interested and need a place to talk about it.

Top Bottom