• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

autoduelist

Definately. While playing P1 before will enhance your P2 playthrough, the P2 duo are complete standalone games. I can understand not being able to play through 1 if memory card or time is a factor.

edit: buy the game that could, Shinovi Versus. Hell buy Bon Appetit too lol

P1/2 are basically SMT handmade dungeon drpgs without the social links of p3/p4, correct? I always consider getting them, because that appeals to me, but then I get worried they won't be up to the level of other SMT games I've played. [i have no interest in the 'overworld' activities of P3/P4]

I know.... Untold is just so good(Classic/Expert of course, it would be perfect with a better Grimoire system and letting me use Highlander/Gunner in Classic), but I still want to get into the Vita DRPGs, I'm at least sure to get Operation Abyss when it comes out even if I might also throw it into my backlog forever if Untold 2 is near.

I still think Demon Gaze is pretty interesting, but it didn't grab me the way EO does... then again, nothing else does.

Etrian is one of the games i really wanted to give a shot while i owned a 3ds, but it just never came to be. Though it's not like I have a shortage of games to play on existing systems as it is. I wish I could rent a 3dsxl and Etrian for a month for a reasonable price.

Currently playing old and new on my pc -- still hacking through M&MXL (got sidetracked by Bloodborne) and just started up replaying Bard's Tale I yesterday in all of it's archaic glory. Forget tank controls -- in BT all spells are cast with 4 letter codes -- for example, ARFI is 'arc fire', or 'TRZP' is 'Trap Zap', with no in-game spell guide/listing/menu. You know the code, or you aren't casting it. Kids today got it easy. Just getting to level 2 in Bard's Tale is a huge accomplishment (and probably the hardest part).

dMHfMxT.jpg

Infinity Runner is real crap. It is like Temple Run on your phone but worse.

Here is a video of me playing it

Tapejara

dMHfMxT.jpg

Infinity Runner is real crap. It is like Temple Run on your phone but worse.

Here is a video of me playing it

I was going to post some impressions as well, but kept putting it off.

Yeah, the game is pretty disappointing. I loved WI's last game (Master Reboot), and was hoping for more atmospheric horror. Guess this what I get for buying without researching. Hopefully their next game (Soul Axiom), is more of a return to form.

Chuy

I'm going to be getting a Vita soon, but I wanted to ask one question. 16GB or 32GB memory card?
16gb if unsure if you want to invest in the system or going a mix of physical and digital.
64gb if you're going to go hard core enthusiast.

wilflare

haven't been posting much (other than the last page)
been really busy with assignments and essays (final weeks of university... and all these deadlines)

to those who have requested help to get you physical copies of Vita games, rest assured that the games have been purchased and I'll get done to shipping them as soon as I can!

to those who still need help (be it with Oreshika, or any other physical release) - I'm overwhelmed as it is - but drop me a PM, I'll clear my current ones (and school) and then, I'll see what I can to help!

sorry GAF - I wish I could do more :/ but real life

Shizuka

been really busy with assignments and essays (final weeks of university... and all these deadlines)

to those who have requested help to get you physical copies of Vita games, rest assured that the games have been purchased and I'll get done to shipping them as soon as I can!

to those who still need help (be it with Oreshika, or any other physical release) - I'm overwhelmed as it is - but drop me a PM, I'll clear my current ones (and school) and then, I'll see what I can to help!

T6Nc4up.gif

Chuy

Could anybody with killzone try going online i keep getting matchmaking failed or error c2-9749-9 which is weird.
Edit: How'd i miss the above posts. Wilflare i'm sure everybody here appreciates what you're doing so don't worry too much about it.

Your doing the job Sony of America couldn't. Seeing you help folks is great, and is proof that the VitaGaf family and spirit, even with the blows we've taken, is united and strong. Thumbs up to you brother!

iqt8ITYCMurC7.gif

Nudull

Banned

jcOu7cq.gif

Could anybody with killzone try going online i keep getting matchmaking failed or error c2-9749-9 which is weird.

I got online twice in a row, but since then, I've been getting "matchmaking failed" message. I imagine it's either server issues, or the multiplayer is deader than I thought.

Ventara

So I was browsing Ebay, trying my luck to see if I can find any good deals on Vita games, when I came across a physical copy preorder for Retro City Rampage. Kind of a weird choice to get a physical copy, lol.

Anyways, I've been going through boxes looking to see how my Vita collection is shaping up, and I'd love to see pics of everyone's collections. You DD-only dweebs can post screencaps of your Vita collection
I'm just playing; you guys are awesome, too.
But really, I think it's been a while since we've posted Vita collections. I'm sure some of you have quite an impressive number of Vita games.

You're doing great work, wilflare, so don't apologize. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your help very much. Out of curiosity, though, aside from Oreshika, what other games are people requesting?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Thanks Wilflare! :)
Really appreciate your help again.

So I was browsing Ebay, trying my luck to see if I can find any good deals on Vita games, when I came across a physical copy preorder for Retro City Rampage. Kind of a weird choice to get a physical copy, lol.

You're doing great work, wilflare, so don't apologize. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your help very much. Out of curiosity, though, aside from Oreshika, what other games are people requesting?

Yeah, did you see when these were on sale?
http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-for-ps-vita

I personally also requested the English version of Soul Sacrifice Delta since it's near impossible to find online.

Ventara

Yeah, did you see when these were on sale?
http://www.fangamer.com/products/retro-city-rampage-dx-for-ps-vita

I personally also requested the English version of Soul Sacrifice Delta since it's near impossible to find online.

Oh man, no, I totally missed this. So what, they're taking requests for digital games to get a physical release? Do they go through the publisher to get the rights and whatnot?

Edit: Just read the PS Blog post about it. Man, how did I miss this? I really hope that there will be a second batch like it says on the store page.

Also anyone expecting stuff for E3 lol?
For the Vita? Well NISA and Atlus seem to have their plates full, specially the latter. Xseed might give us a release date for Corpse Party, TiTS and such. Bamco is silent, for sure Lost Song and God Eater will get announced. Also, a whole barrage of new indie stuff, that's guaranteed.

On the PS4? We are gonna see SW Battlefront, Uncharted, Mad Max, Persona 5 (hopefully? Though I kinda doubt it, more like P4D for sure will make an appearance), Final Fantasy XV, more MGS V, proper Deus Ex gameplay, more Batman... Plus new stuff we don't know about yet.

Man this E3 is gonna be good for the PS4.

Tohsaka

I hope we get a Yakuza 5 release date soon, or at least a month. I don't think Sega has said anything other than "Summer" when the localization was first announced.

RK128

Also anyone expecting stuff for E3 lol?

For me, it is manly some hope that I would 'have' to get a PS4 in the future instead of just having the mindset of "I will get one when KH3, FFXV, and Ratchet Reduxe launches"....and I think that might happen :).

Between Arkam Knight launching in June, more info on KH3 and FFXV being shown off (why else would Square have a E3 conference this year :)?) and hopefully Sony announcing more first party software that interests me like a God of War 4 or a new Platforming IP, I'm excited about what the PS4 holds this year :D.

With Nintendo, expecting another wave of solid tittles for the Wii U and 3DS, some new game announcements, DLC news for both Smash and Mario Kart 8 and other stuff :D.

For the Vita? ....Considering Oshoka is the 'last' major first party tittle from Sony, I think the following is 'reasonable' for the Vita.
-Another PS2 Collection (either a port of the Ico Collection or a new collection coming to both PS4/PS3/Vita like a Ape Escape or Dark Cloud Collection)
-A localization of a big JP game published or co-published by Sony (God Eater 2 Burst or the Digimon game really seems to fit this bill nicely).
-More Indie announcements coming to both PS4 and PS Vita (VVVVV, Freedom Planet, Five Nights at Freddie's Collection, ect)
-Surprise announcement of Crash/Spryo working for the Vita in NA regions
-A port of a big third party game one PS3/360 to Vita (considering Sony's relationship with From Software as of now....a Demon Souls or Dark Souls port makes a lot of sense)

None of these are ground breaking, but anything like that for Vita would be nice :).

cyborg009

Banned
For me, it is manly some hope that I would 'have' to get a PS4 in the future instead of just having the mindset of "I will get one when KH3, FFXV, and Ratchet Reduxe launches"....and I think that might happen :).

Between Arkam Knight launching in June, more info on KH3 and FFXV being shown off (why else would Square have a E3 conference this year :)?) and hopefully Sony announcing more first party software that interests me like a God of War 4 or a new Platforming IP, I'm excited about what the PS4 holds this year :D.

With Nintendo, expecting another wave of solid tittles for the Wii U and 3DS, some new game announcements, DLC news for both Smash and Mario Kart 8 and other stuff :D.

For the Vita? ....Considering Oshoka is the 'last' major first party tittle from Sony, I think the following is 'reasonable' for the Vita.
-Another PS2 Collection (either a port of the Ico Collection or a new collection coming to both PS4/PS3/Vita like a Ape Escape or Dark Cloud Collection)
-A localization of a big JP game published or co-published by Sony (God Eater 2 Burst or the Digimon game really seems to fit this bill nicely).
-More Indie announcements coming to both PS4 and PS Vita (VVVVV, Freedom Planet, Five Nights at Freddie's Collection, ect)
-Surprise announcement of Crash/Spryo working for the Vita in NA regions
-A port of a big third party game one PS3/360 to Vita (considering Sony's relationship with From Software as of now....a Demon Souls or Dark Souls port makes a lot of sense)

None of these are ground breaking, but anything like that for Vita would be nice :).
I hope God of War 4 changes the core game drastically.

Wouldn't mind a port but it won't happen

autoduelist

Is Sword Art Online easy to jump into if you haven't seen the show?

I'm trying to pick something from my backlog to play for an upcoming trip (I'll be without guides/resources). I was thinking maybe that, or maybe Elminage Original or even Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (i enjoyed the demo even though I know many don't like it). Hyperdimension Neptunia?

Basically, something I can just sort of dig into casually and enjoy while on a trip. Any suggestions? Ys? Growlanser WoT? I'm sort of spinning in circles with indecision.

RK128

I hope God of War 4 changes the core game drastically.

Wouldn't mind a port but it won't happen

I have to agree; it sees that the Sony third party relationships team can only get one port per year (Borderlands 2 for 2014, Resident Evil Revelations 2 for 2015), so while that would be nice, you are right to not expect it :l.

I just figured that due to Sony being in many 3rd parties good will with the PS4, they would let Sony get the rights to port over one of their bigger games from last generation to the Vita or something :).

RK128

I'm trying to pick something from my backlog to play for an upcoming trip (I'll be without guides/resources). I was thinking maybe that, or maybe Elminage Original or even Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (i enjoyed the demo even though I know many don't like it). Hyperdimension Neptunia?

Basically, something I can just sort of dig into casually and enjoy while on a trip. Any suggestions? Ys? Growlanser WoT? I'm sort of spinning in circles with indecision.

While some plot elements might go over your head, the core game of Hallow Fragment is the combat systems, large expansive world and tons of quests and items to get :D. The game is great on its own and the core gameplay is so strong that it is the game's highest quality; if anything, the show it stems from is the only real flaw (and the so-so translation). If you can't stand fan-service, the event moments might bother you a bit :l, but otherwise the game is very welcoming to people looking for a great action RPG to play :).

I put well over 50-60+ hours into it over last year and I loved it, so I highly recommend this if you want a great game to play :).

Also recommend you get Shovel Knight, Ys MoC and Neptunia Rebirth 1 if you want some great games for your trip :D. Shovel Knight offers great retro fun, Ys MoC offers a huge world to explore with great action combat, and Neptuina Rebirth 1 is a good game with fun combat and characters that has a odd difficulity issue throughout the game that gets better as the game goes on (mainly an issue in the beginning of the game); the cheap DLC the game has on PSN really helps with this issue honestly, as it helped me get to Chapter 7 before I moved on to other games :).

Had long mini-reviews for the mentioned games but my response got deleted somehow :(. Either way, highly recommend the above games and that you have a great trip man :D.

Hikami

You don't really need to watch the show, the game does a pretty decent job of explaining the plot through some flashbacks in the beginning of the game.

Doesn't explain who the characters are though for the most part, since you're expected to know them. So that previous character development would be the part you'd be missing from not seeing the show.

incpdo

I think I'm gonna rebuy a 3ds, already have one at launch but ironically lacked games back then. I was a little disappointed because I have all Nintendo portables and this one is by far the worst ,catalogue wise.So now there is a better 3ds I'll buy this one to play some games I didn't get to play back then . It is funny although I find Vita's catalog much more appealing and varied, but there are some games only 3ds has. I'm going to rebuy the console to play around 20 games in total. Vita wise I'm expecting around 40 games to come out so I can buy them. Shovel knight is one of the games I was expecting and works perfect on vita , I have tried 3ds version and is not near as smooth, Wii u version is good too. So to sum up, this year I'm gonna invest big in fun but my wallet is going to cry.

Tapejara

Anyways, I've been going through boxes looking to see how my Vita collection is shaping up, and I'd love to see pics of everyone's collections. You DD-only dweebs can post screencaps of your Vita collection
But really, I think it's been a while since we've posted Vita collections. I'm sure some of you have quite an impressive number of Vita games.

Not pictured: Hyperdevotion Noire and The Firefly Diary.

My physical collection consist of one empty Vita case with a Killzone Mercenary code. Digital collection is bigger.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Which Ys games do you already have? Since out of all of those choices you gave might be the least stressful to play.

Ragnarok Odyssey Ace is not as fun as you progress solo, esp when you can get juggled to death by multiple enemies lol.

SAO:HF can be played without knowledge of the show, but will be slightly less enjoyable since not having any sort of background on the characters, but gameplay wise it is solid, but there is a lot to learn too about the mechanics at the same time.

If you did not get Ys VII (while not a vita title is an excellent PSP game)

Also if you do not have it

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Both of those titles are far easier to pick up and play / enjoy solo, esp if you just want something to relax with over the holidays which Id imagine you do not want something too complex.

Omerta

Hey did we ever get that Bigfest for the Vita? Also anyone expecting stuff for E3 lol?

I'd like to know about Bigfest too. I know it started life as a vita-only title, then went cross-ps-platform after the vita went all vita.

I've heard nothing since.

Parakeetman

By the way Parakeetman, how was the Wizardry that was digital only on PS3 in the USA ? Labyrinth of Lost Souls ?

While it may not be exactly amusing to look at with the dungeons, I had a good time with it for a Wizardry title. Just do not expect anything like super amazing. But if you like dungeon crawlers its worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xKt_M8zGQ

The game is not exactly for everyone since the design is quite plain though its why ratings / opinions are split. For myself that is a hardcore DRPG fan I still found it enjoyable and the game is not super difficult in regards to the combat. So its not like for example playing an Elminage title. You can gain decent gear fairly quickly too which helps progression. Just as long as you have a sensible balanced party created you should do perfectly fine in the game. If you can get it a low price and enjoy DRPGs its worth checking out.

Only unfortunate thing is the other "updated" versions of the title were never released in the West. Guess since it must not have sold too well?

wilflare

thanks for the kind words guys - I'll do what I can to help fellow members in the community!

Sondar should post his collection - He has some really amazing ones!

Damn, Neptunia U and Witcher 3 come out on the same day... Difficult decision, a world revolutionizing open world narrative and exploration driven game on my PS4 on one side, more Nep and gang on the Vita on the other... I don't even think I'll be done Xenoblade before then. I also just bought Deus Ex HR to revisit the world in light of the sequel announcement lol. Although I will have a lot more free time with only one 1 month course and a group investigation this next semester, I won't be able to play everything.

Parakeetman

Damn, Neptunia U and Witcher 3 come out on the same day... Difficult decision, a world revolutionizing open world narrative and exploration driven game on my PS4 on one side, more Nep and gang on the Vita on the other... I don't even think I'll be done Xenoblade before then. I also just bought Deus Ex HR to revisit the world in light of the sequel announcement lol. Although I will have a lot more free time with only one 1 month course and a group investigation this next semester, I won't be able to play everything.

Just buy whichever you think might have a problem finding in the future, which will not be Witcher 3.

Sides you still have Xenoblade to finish. If you get another openworld type of RPG you wont be able to play both. Where NepU is an action game for something to play to break up the pace. Though depends if you really want an action game, otherwise just go get Witcher 3.

Shizuka

Go for hyperdimenion.

ecurbj

Tapejara, nice Vita collection. I'm somewhat closer to yours. I got a couple of collector's editions also. I'll post a photo soon.

v1perz53

Buying controllers just to return them is kind of crappy.

That results in only 3 possibilities:
1) product is returned to sony to be refurbed
2) used product is carefully put back into box and sold as new to future customer
3) it is sold as used product

In all cases, it's kind of shady. It's one thing if it's defective, or even if you simply don't like it.... but intentionally going into the deal planning on returning is problematic.

You could just keep them for future use? It's always nice having two controllers and alternating charging.

As far as being in the same boat... adhoc vita trophies are the worst.

Eh he specifically said he would buy used controllers and return them not new ones, and I personally don't see the harm in that. He bought them used, when returned they would still be used except now an hour or so more used than before.

Just buy whichever you think might have a problem finding in the future, which will not be Witcher 3.

Sides you still have Xenoblade to finish. If you get another openworld type of RPG you wont be able to play both. Where NepU is an action game for something to play to break up the pace. Though depends if you really want an action game, otherwise just go get Witcher 3.

Go for hyperdimenion.
Exactly my thoughts. Thanks guys, Nep it is!

I think all I'm getting in May is Witcher 3 and Splatoon. That's pretty much it for a while.

On the topic of Vita physical, I think all I have is P4G and Tearaway. I had full intention to go physical whenever possible with my Vita, but then PS+ happened.

Top Bottom