• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

There doesn't seem to be any PQube content left on EU PSN. Good job SCEE!

And I can't find Crazy Taxi Fare Wars on the Vita store, but it's still on the webstore marked as a PSP/Vita game. I don't know if I should try to buy it or not.

What else was published on EU PSN by PQube? This seems more like a license thing than a typical SCEE fuckup, but the timing with the sale makes it especially strange.

What else was published on EU PSN by PQube? This seems more like a license thing than a typical SCEE fuckup, but the timing with the sale makes it especially strange.

Now I'm scared for the upcoming Steins;Gate by PQube.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````
PsnGAF seems pretty silent these days.

There doesn't seem to be any PQube content left on EU PSN. Good job SCEE!

And I can't find Crazy Taxi Fare Wars on the Vita store, but it's still on the webstore marked as a PSP/Vita game. I don't know if I should try to buy it or not.
Crazy Taxi definitely works on Vita. You might need to transfer it from PS3 though, I dunno.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Not much else except some Original Arcana Heart 3 recolors. Persona 4 Arena got pulled some year ago because Atlus retained the rights.
I believe Prelude. said that Final Fantasy VII disappears when it's on sale in Italy so this is not unheard of.

Tizoc

I'm thinking of picking up MK9 for my Vita. Apparently it looks like ass but should run at a proper FPS right?

Prelude.

Not much else except some Original Arcana Heart 3 recolors. Persona 4 Arena got pulled some year ago because Atlus retained the rights.
I believe Prelude. said that Final Fantasy VII disappears when it's on sale in Italy so this is not unheard of.
Yep, it happened al least on 3 sales before they finally let me purchase it.

You should let them know on the eu blog.

I'm thinking of picking up MK9 for my Vita. Apparently it looks like ass but should run at a proper FPS right?
It looks pretty shit but it runs great (unlike Injustice, sadly.) Has a lot of kontent too, including some a Vita exclusive tower and costumes. That tower does use the Vita's more gimmicky controls but you also get a Fruit Ninja-esque minigame with severed heads.

autoduelist

thanks for all the replies so far... i ended up playing nee for speed most wante, run like hell, and valhallaknights 3 so far.

nfsmw... makes me sad this game got
trashed at release. ive platinumed most ps3nfs games including ps3most wanted and this vita version is a blast. is it perfect, no.... but its absolutely amazing implaying this on a handheld. granted, im not particulary sensitve toframe rate oranything. less oncoming traffic is noticeable as are blurry headligghts but who cares if im having a blast? i dontmind the concessions they had to make to getthis on vita. it saddens me thatgames geting wrecked for not being exactly console quality contribted to bad reviews and thus lower sales and thus the death of aaa games on ita because i have to believe most gamers would be amazed at howgood thevita version is.

run likehell
solidendlesss runner for a buck on sale

valhalla knights 3
graphics obviously have budget feelwhich doesnt bother me at all. load times arent as bad as i was ledto believe..... timed them at under 10 seconds unless that changes later. still to early to comment on grinding or deeper gameplay issues but i amenjoying myselfso far.

typed on vita sorry for errors too hard tofix.
irealize grphics are important to ma
, and i understand why... i just wishthose criticsms coukd be beter seperated fromm gameplay issues. nfs isa perfect example where i hink most people would beamaze if they actually played itand didnr comoare to console siblng but rather just experienced it asits own game. and while im sure vk3 has issues yet to be discovered i find it difficult to care if it has budgetgraphics or not.... even if itlooks like a psp game since when have we not liked psp games? if the devs coyldnt handle making it look better id rather getsomething than nothing.

Tizoc

Hey Kusonami (lol), can we get this on US (and EU) PSN before you kick the bucket please?
latest

Suikoden_3__PAL_cover_by_Peblo.jpg

I am extremely jealous with those dollar prices of certain SNK Playmore games on android. Metal Slug / KOF for 0.99$? Shame that I don't see those prices on the PSN. Yes, I know they were on sale a month or so ago but the huge disparity between the mobile and psn prices made me held off from buying them.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Tizoc

I am extremely jealous with those dollar prices of certain SNK Playmore games on android. Metal Slug / KOF for 0.99$? Shame that I don't see those prices on the PSN. Yes, I know they were on sale a month or so ago but the huge disparity between the mobile and psn prices made me held off from buying them.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Lots of ish is 10 times cheaper on iOS than PSN, Steam and XBL platformers, mainly due to the cut that the service provider takes.

Speaking of SNK, KoF MI2 is on JP PSN, one step closer to Reg. A!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
1001 Spikes is still not available in EU...

It was released in June 2014 for USA.
"Nicalis'" twitter account said that they will release it on the Nintendo eShop this summer, so maybe it's also coming to PSN... probably not. I bet it's not coming the eShop this year either. Because they're liars and Tyrone hasn't mentioned it at all.

Hey Kusonami (lol), can we get this on US (and EU) PSN before you kick the bucket please?
Suikoden III for PS3 has been rated by PEGI, you know. And there's no PAL version so that doesn't matter either.

SerTapTap

Y'all trying to make me jealous with those Vita cart collections.

If I've got two PS4s can I pick which one to remote play from my Vita or am I stuck going direct to the "main" one? That's what I want 95% of the time anyway but I was wondering how that worked.

autoduelist

Y'all trying to make me jealous with those Vita cart collections.

If I've got two PS4s can I pick which one to remote play from my Vita or am I stuck going direct to the "main" one? That's what I want 95% of the time anyway but I was wondering how that worked.

i really just want ghost icons fir games i own but are not on my system so i can properly organize my collection. that or a 256g card.

Oni Jazar

I have a stupid PS4 question, not sure where to best ask.

With the latest FW where to I go to upload images and videos that I've saved? I can go to storage management to delete but I don't see the share option. It used to be under the profile section I believe.

SerTapTap

Not gonna have the game beaten by Tuesday I think, but I'll try and get a review of Omega Quinet up tomorrow or tuesday. Story and bosses are finally getting serious at chapter 7.

I think some LEs broke street date, saw someone with a picture of their box on Twitter. If Squeenix can do it IFI can too I guess.

Oh dang Broken Age is finally done too, definitely a good week.

i really just want ghost icons fir games i own but are not on my system so i can properly organize my collection. that or a 256g card.

Yeah I've been slipping in carts just to see the nice icons TBH.

With the latest FW where to I go to upload images and videos that I've saved? I can go to storage management to delete but I don't see the share option. It used to be under the profile section I believe.

Capture Gallery, it's a system app, find it in the library if nowhere else.

SerTapTap

Wouldn't worry about Broken Age size-wise, it's a point and click and not super long, you'll play it once, beat it and can safely remove it/offload it to Content Manager. I ran through Act 1 in 2 days, can't imagine Act 2 is super much longer. First half was over a gig on PC though IIRC.

Shizuka

Wouldn't worry about Broken Age size-wise, it's a point and click and not super long, you'll play it once, beat it and can safely remove it/offload it to Content Manager. I ran through Act 1 in 2 days, can't imagine Act 2 is super much longer. First half was over a gig on PC though IIRC.

I hope it's not big, because Grim Fandango Remastered was huge for a Vita title.

AsfaeksBR

I hope it's not big, because Grim Fandango Remastered was huge for a Vita title.

I finished Act 1 in less than 3 hours, probably Act 2 will be 3 more.

And don't forget Grim Fandango is a game from the golden age of P&C, so it really is big because it could and should be.
Nowadays with Telltale and it's 1h30~3hrs Acts, the reality has changed.

Shizuka

I finished Act 1 in less than 3 hours, probably Act 2 will be 3 more.

And don't forget Grim Fandango is a game from the golden age of P&C, so it really is big because it could and should be.
Nowadays with Telltale and it's 1h30~3hrs Acts, the reality has changed.

I don't mean in gameplay time, but download size.

Part 1 of Broken Age on Steam is about 2 GB and Part 2 is supposed to be longer I think..
I'm sure it can be compressed a bit for Vita since the art doesn't have to be as high a resolution, but I wouldn't expect a small file.

RK128

Its great that Broken Age is coming this week on Vita :D! Always wanted to check that out, so it should be fun to play though....if Golden Weeks sales aren't crazy.

As my massive list of games shows, I have tons to play and....I only fully beat a third of that list X(. So, if Golden Week sales aren't great (hope they are though; would love for some PS1 classics to go on sale), I will get Broken Age instead :).

It looks to be another great Kickstarter success (like Shovel Knight), so I have high hopes for it to be a good game :).

Tohsaka

Omega Quintet and Broken Age for me, though BA will be on PC. I didn't expect it to come to PS4, so I bought it during the Winter Steam sale.

SerTapTap

It looks to be another great Kickstarter success (like Shovel Knight), so I have high hopes for it to be a good game :).

The subject of it's Kickstarter is...touchy. Funding, huge success, actual game (at least act 1) was very good, but management of the project had some pretty big issues. But now it's all done and as long as act 2 is as good as act 1 I don't regret paying for it, but I probably would have waited for real release knowing what I do now.

I'd be surprised if it clocks in under 2 GB given the size of the Steam version of act 1. Could cut down a bit on art but there's a lot of VA too. It's a far shorter game than Grim Fandango though so I'd just plan to delete it after playing.

bobohoro

My Ayesha+ playthrough is nearing its end, only have some few months to go and just some postgame cleanup to do. Loved the characters, everything art design, the music, was pretty meh on the battle and altered alchemy system, loathed the trigger/character event setup, loading times and spotty framerate.

It's not my favourite Atelier by far, but still a pretty good game and I'm looking forward to E&L+ sometime later this year.

But what's next? Operation Abyss is still two weeks away, so I'll probably need something to tide me over. Brandish should finally work with the Vita, Shovel Knight would also be interesting, but maybe we could get some nice deals in the wake of Golden Week here in the EU too? Tales Of Hearts R would interest me greatly!

I am getting an itch to play Ape Escape on my Vita via the PSP version, On the Loose. I wanted to ask those that have it on their Vita if after configuring the buttons for Vita play does it play well? I would love to replay the original on the Vita and before I drop the $8 want to know if it can play it close to how it was on the PS1 and be enjoyable?

RK128

The subject of it's Kickstarter is...touchy. Funding, huge success, actual game (at least act 1) was very good, but management of the project had some pretty big issues. But now it's all done and as long as act 2 is as good as act 1 I don't regret paying for it, but I probably would have waited for real release knowing what I do now.

I'd be surprised if it clocks in under 2 GB given the size of the Steam version of act 1. Could cut down a bit on art but there's a lot of VA too. It's a far shorter game than Grim Fandango though so I'd just plan to delete it after playing.

Oh that's right; it took a full extra year for the second half of the game to come out :l. In that case, it just seems that Double Fine has issues with game management for their tittles (Brutal Legend was known for this too, as both Vendi Universal and Activison had hesitation in publishing the game after it taking so long for it to come out before it moved to being part of EA Partners Program).

At least the second act is out next week and hopeful between Broken Age and Double Fine's other ventures with crowd funding taught them to better manage games :).

Considering the games highly detailed art and lots of VA, the game should be a huge file on Vita (2+ GB's). I remember the Walking Dead S1 taking up almost 2GB when it was on my Vita, so a similar file size for this is likely.

RK128

I am getting an itch to play Ape Escape on my Vita via the PSP version, On the Loose. I wanted to ask those that have it on their Vita if after configuring the buttons for Vita play does it play well? I would love to replay the original on the Vita and before I drop the $8 want to know if it can play it close to how it was on the PS1 and be enjoyable?

No matter how you map the controls, the game will still not use the right stick like the PS1 version sadly :(. That being said, the camera being mapped to the right stick (D-Pad on right stick) already makes it a LOT more playable compared to the original PSP version.

The visuals got a Dreamcast-level upgrade and the soundtrack is a great as ever :).

I got it a while back and while I never beat it, I had a lot of fun with the game :). Highly recommend the PSP version all around :D.

Prelude.

It looks like the Vita YouTube app still works? Wasn't it supposed to stop working a week ago?
"Support" has ended so it means that it can stop working from that date since the retirement plan for the YT API v2 started on that same day. It'll probably stop working in May if Sony doesn't remove the app before that happens.

RK128

Really, how big? I'd love to get it, but I'd hate to make so much room for just one game.

I don't own this yet, but I think it is 2+ GB's (as the game has 3D locations, tons of VA and ect). On PSN, it doesn't tell you the file size (unlike other games on the platform), so that is just a guess :l.

No matter how you map the controls, the game will still not use the right stick like the PS1 version sadly :(. That being said, the camera being mapped to the right stick (D-Pad on right stick) already makes it a LOT more playable compared to the original PSP version.

The visuals got a Dreamcast-level upgrade and the soundtrack is a great as ever :).

I got it a while back and while I never beat it, I had a lot of fun with the game :). Highly recommend the PSP version all around :D.

Oh Awesome! Thanks a lot for the response and while I didn't expect to control exactly like the original, I wanted something playable and solid in the controls. THanks again!

Top Bottom