• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

RK128

Oh Awesome! Thanks a lot for the response and while I didn't expect to control exactly like the original, I wanted something playable and solid in the controls. THanks again!

No problem :). It is a great port of a fantastic game :D.

Shit that's a ripoff at the sale price, let alone the full price.

Looking at that price....jezz, going to hold off for a latter sale then :l. Grimm Fandango at 15 is a great deal for owning it on PS4 and Vita, but 25 for Broken Age feels like too much for me :l. The most I've ever paid for a game on PSN is 40 bucks for Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment, and it was well worth that price (literary 100's of hours of content :D).

They should have charged it for 15-20 bucks but whatever, it is their game so price it how they want I guess :). Great to see it land on consoles at the very least :D.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have three rules when buying on PSN:

1. Won't pay more than 18 bucks for a game.
2. Won't buy any game at its launch price, it will always get lower and I won't play it anywhere near launch anyways.
3. Won't pay for PS+.

So far I've still ended up with basically everything I've ever wanted on PS3 and Vita.

I finished the last level of Fat Princess Piece of Cake last night. I was disappointed that the game doesn't even acknowledge that you've beaten it. Just sends you back to the map when you're done.

Don't ever change your avatar now, that Shulk is really pretty.
Aha yup, don't think I will any time soon, I like this one a lot too. Think this is gonna be what was for you (and probably still is) my "Bernkastel" aha.

And here I was wondering why I had that game twice in my list of upcoming titles.

:(
Yeah we had a discussion about this when the news dropped. With the influx of games dropping now, this would get buried for sure. Also, NISA had probably hoped that the game would pick up more steam, surprisingly the game doesn't seem to be getting as much of a response from us buyers as I was expecting. I mean the fact that the LE is still widely available on their website after being announced so long ago is kinda weird. Usually as soon as they announce an LE, they run out of stock right away.

Auctopus

Quick question.

I've been paying monthly for PS+ for the last several months but recently bought a year's subscription. I immediately activated the sub earlier this month but just received a message on my PS4 saying my PS+ renews soon.

Is it going to just switch to my years sub or take another month? Do I need to deactivate automatic renewal?

Quick question.

I've been paying monthly for PS+ for the last several months but recently bought a year's subscription. I immediately activated the sub earlier this month but just received a message on my PS4 saying my PS+ renews soon.

Is it going to just switch to my years sub or take another month? Do I need to deactivate automatic renewal?

It should switch to the year, go make sure your automatic renewal is disabled though.

And I can't find Crazy Taxi Fare Wars on the Vita store, but it's still on the webstore marked as a PSP/Vita game. I don't know if I should try to buy it or not.

I have Crazy Taxi: Fare Wars running on my Vita.

Couldn't remember if I got it from the glitch, so I just checked my download list and it's directly downloadable from Vita. So buy away (very enjoyable port by the way, and well worth having on Vita).

Just going to throw this in here because I stumbled across it earlier - was browsing Play-Asia's database and they have a listing for Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for Vita.

Sounds kinda plausible. Though the video linked is for Date-a-Live Vita (they have a separate listing for that though) and the only version they've got is Asian (not EU/US).

I have no idea if Play-Asia have been right with this kinda stuff before (only thing I'm aware of is that they had retail listings for J-Stars/One Piece Vita in Europe but not USA months before that was officially announced, but that could've been educated guesswork).

ascii42

Just going to throw this in here because I stumbled across it earlier - was browsing Play-Asia's database and they have a listing for Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for Vita.

Sounds kinda plausible. Though the video linked is for Date-a-Live Vita (they have a separate listing for that though) and the only version they've got is Asian (not EU/US).

I have no idea if Play-Asia have been right with this kinda stuff before (only thing I'm aware of is that they had retail listings for J-Stars/One Piece Vita in Europe but not USA months before that was officially announced, but that could've been educated guesswork).
That would be cool. I've been wanting a Civ game on Vita.

nampad

OMG Civ on Vita is a dream come true, even if it is a shitty revolution spinoff.
Sucks that Football Manager didn't get a new entry but maybe it is better for my life.

RK128

I really feel like playing some more music games. I wish Rock Band Unplugged had a digital release. Or a sequel. :(

Well, the Light version of the game is on PSN: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...store&utm_content=sYBL98A5G&pcrid=28213562682

This can be transferred to your Vita via PS3 to Vita connection and while you have to buy other tracks for the game through the Rock Band Store, the game comes with five tracks and it is fun :).

You could also pick up KickBeat for the Vita; the game lets you use your own tracks in the game but you have to beat the story mode first. It is an interesting take on things, as it is a mix of an action game and music game, not to mention it looks really nice on the Vita's screen too :D. I liked this a lot when I got it and while I never beat it, I greatly enjoyed it :).

Bit.Trip.Runner 2 also counts too, as while it isn't really a music game, it is a damn good platformer that uses it music perfectly with the core platforming. I love it and it is a ton of fun :D. It even has DLC where you can play as other characters like the Splunky lad, Quote from Cave Story and even Raz from Psychonuts :D.

On the topic of rhythm games, I'm really hoping that Crypt of the Necrodancer will make its way to Vita now that the full release is out on Steam. Roguelikes really work well on the Vita, plus the d-pad is amazing. (The game apparently runs at 960x540, too...)

Chuy

So how reliable is gamestop's digital download? It seems they're the only ones selling plants vs zombies for vita which I've been wanting to play for a while.

I have three rules when buying on PSN:

1. Won't pay more than 18 bucks for a game.
2. Won't buy any game at its launch price, it will always get lower and I won't play it anywhere near launch anyways.
3. Won't pay for PS+.

So far I've still ended up with basically everything I've ever wanted on PS3 and Vita.
Lower that to $15 and that's pretty much my opinion on buying from psn.
I still find it ridiculous how many games you can get from psn sales.

RK128

So how reliable is gamestop's digital download? It seems they're the only ones selling plants vs zombies for vita which I've been wanting to play for a while.

I got my 3 Months of PS+ from them and I got my code with little issue, so their trustworthy :).

I agree with you on pricing with PSN though; a majority of my collection I got for 9-16 bucks at most thanks to sales, flash sales and PS+ discounts :). The only games I paid a lot of money for on PSN are both Sword Art Online Hallow Fragment (no retail release in the west) and Ratchet Collection (no retail release in the west).

GeoramA

Was this known?

XN8cWLI.jpg
Well fuck. Guess I'm grabbing it on Tuesday. Haven't even started Shovel Knight yet.

RK128

Well fuck. Guess I'm grabbing it on Tuesday. Haven't even started Shovel Knight yet.

Shovel Knight is a ton of fun, so you will have a blast with that man :D.

I'm not getting Broken Age mainly due to the upcoming Golden Week sale; would rather put 20+ dollars for 2-4 games instead of putting 20 bucks towards one :).

Man God

Non-Canon Member

18 is in fact the highest price I'll pay for something I really want. I try not to spend more than 12. It's not 20 because a ton of stuff hits their first sale at 18-19.99, so this gives me even more discipline.

I spent 40 on the last two sales combined and bought 15 games.

The little I played of it felt great. Rock solid job on bringing it over, I don't know if the 3DS/Wii U versions were this good or even better, but this felt great. Responsive controls, bright visuals, and awesome soundtrack.

That Broken Age deal is tempting, but I'm not planning on playing it anytime soon, so I'll probably just wait for a better deal down the road.

I'm not getting Broken Age mainly due to the upcoming Golden Week sale; would rather put 20+ dollars for 2-4 games instead of putting 20 bucks towards one :).

Yeah, just more reason to wait and save the money.

Ventara

A tad expensive for Broken Age. I think I'll wait for a better sale. Here's hoping we see some good ones this Tuesday.

On a side note, it saddens me that some people are still taking pot shots at the Vita and how it has no good games. Just irks me reading stuff like that.

RK128

A tad expensive for Broken Age. I think I'll wait for a better sale. Here's hoping we see some good ones this Tuesday.

On a side note, it saddens me that some people are still taking pot shots at the Vita and how it has no good games. Just irks me reading stuff like that.

Are you talking about the Operation Abyss thread? I recall one post arguing that the Vita will have little to no exclusives next year (and saying that the Vita will be lucky to get anything next year...). Forgot where that post was through....

At this point, it is hard to care what other think of the Vita. As this thread shows, many love their Vita's and it still is a platform that sells games a lot (just look at my collection of Vita games XD; over 230+ games in just two years of owning the thing :')). I say forget the people who view the system negatively and that we all continue to enjoy our Vitas :D.

Shizuka

You can pop $5 onto your PSN account through Paypal, can't you?

I've tried, no luck.

Are you talking about the Operation Abyss thread? I recall one post arguing that the Vita will have little to no exclusives next year (and saying that the Vita will be lucky to get anything next year...). Forgot where that post was through...

That's AniHawk. S/He can speak about NISA to a certain extent since s/he has inside knowledge, but I still believe there are lots of games to be brought over.

RK128

I've tried, no luck.

That's AniHawk. S/He can speak about NISA to a certain extent since s/he has inside knowledge, but I still believe there are lots of games to be brought over.

Okay, that makes a lot of sense then :). Didn't mean to be mean or anything to AniHawk :(.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have the biggest backlog in the known universe and I still buy everything day one digitally even if I won't ever touch the game.

I've given up on changing my ways.

Hilariously enough I've given it up completely on Atlus 3DS games despite EO being one of my favorite series. I'm not buying anything of theirs until it is 25 or less including games like Untold 2 and Mystery Dungeon and even Persona Q. Might wait for 15 for DS2! I bought all of their 2013 titles day one and a couple last year, but still haven't finished most of them.

Ventara

Are you talking about the Operation Abyss thread? I recall one post arguing that the Vita will have little to no exclusives next year (and saying that the Vita will be lucky to get anything next year...). Forgot where that post was through....

At this point, it is hard to care what other think of the Vita. As this thread shows, many love their Vita's and it still is a platform that sells games a lot (just look at my collection of Vita games XD; over 230+ games in just two years of owning the thing :')). I say forget the people who view the system negatively and that we all continue to enjoy our Vitas :D.

No, it was in the Silent Hills thread. It practically came out of nowhere. Something about how Gravity Rush 2 is tying up dev resources for other "better" games and that VitaGaf only wants it because we don't have much else to like.

Anyways, you're right; I should just ignore them.

wilflare

No, it was in the Silent Hills thread. It practically came out of nowhere. Something about how Gravity Rush 2 is tying up dev resources for other "better" games and that VitaGaf only wants it because we don't have much else to like.

Anyways, you're right; I should just ignore them.

what in the world... :O

Takao

Banned

2k has a bunch of mobage they could port to vita
at least games make more sense than porting free companion apps (which is a thing they've been doing)

RK128

Vita might get some of the good mobile stuff SE has been dropping lately.

I could easily see the Chaos Rings Trilogy coming over stateside on PSN and a few of their iOS/Android ports like Dragon Quest 7 come as well (could work great on Vita :D).

I am honestly surprise that Gameloft didn't push their games on Vita :l. Sure, they got a few in for the Vita's launch and were supporters of the PS Mini creation (Hero of Sparta and Nova, their God of War and Halo clones, came to the platform), but they just....stopped afterwards :l.

Not that their games are amazing or anything, but a number of there games can easily transition to the Vita (their GTA knock-offs can do great considering the lack of a native GTA on Vita, their Resident Evil knock-off can work great on Vita, and their Call of Duty knock-offs can be the Vita's Call of Duty's :D).

I remember getting an number of their games on my Gen 1 iPod Touch when I was younger and I was really impressed by them; console gaming in the palm of your hands (didn't own a PSP at this time).

Those games coming to Vita might be a nice thing to happen; 5-10$ clones of big series currently missing in the Vita library is a nice idea I think :).

2K's mobile ports can work too, as they even ported Bioshock to iOS (didn't know how THAT happened honestly, but it did happen....and the port is okay). Bioshock on Vita finally?

Lots of stuff western and Japanese publishers can port over to Vita :).

Hilariously enough I've given it up completely on Atlus 3DS games despite EO being one of my favorite series. I'm not buying anything of theirs until it is 25 or less including games like Untold 2 and Mystery Dungeon and even Persona Q. Might wait for 15 for DS2! I bought all of their 2013 titles day one and a couple last year, but still haven't finished most of them.

I just don't get why you'd give up on your FAVORITE series, like... can't you make an exception for a game or two?

Like, a huge part of why I like to play EO games is talking about them with others when they come out, so I need to get them day one. I also double dip(digital/physical) on EO games just to show my support, I love that series too much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
DQ7 is not announced for ios/android. DQ 8 Vita would be so sad if it was a direct port.

I just don't get why you'd give up on your FAVORITE series, like... can't you make an exception for a game or two?

Like, a huge part of why I like to play EO games is talking about them with others when they come out, so I need to get them day one.

2013's crazy schedule set me back. I wanted to beat EO IV but it got lost in the crazy amount of games that year. Beat it in the summer but by then Untold 1 was announced. Bought that day one digitally but by the time I got around to it it was on sale for 20 bucks. The conversation is just as fresh now as it was then, especially doesn't matter for the remakes. I used to love talking about builds with people but I'd rather save the money and play it when I got the time for it.

Top Bottom