• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

DQ7 is not announced for ios/android. DQ 8 Vita would be so sad if it was a direct port.

2013's crazy schedule set me back. I wanted to beat EO IV but it got lost in the crazy amount of games that year. Beat it in the summer but by then Untold 1 was announced. Bought that day one digitally but by the time I got around to it it was on sale for 20 bucks. The conversation is just as fresh now as it was then, especially doesn't matter for the remakes. I used to love talking about builds with people but I'd rather save the money and play it when I got the time for it.

I can see how it doesn't matter for the remakes, but you better be there day one for EO5!

Shizuka

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita) limited edition is on its way to sell all stock soon, pre-order before they're all gone:

RbcCse6.png

Just going to throw this in here because I stumbled across it earlier - was browsing Play-Asia's database and they have a listing for Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for Vita.

Sounds kinda plausible. Though the video linked is for Date-a-Live Vita (they have a separate listing for that though) and the only version they've got is Asian (not EU/US).

I have no idea if Play-Asia have been right with this kinda stuff before (only thing I'm aware of is that they had retail listings for J-Stars/One Piece Vita in Europe but not USA months before that was officially announced, but that could've been educated guesswork).

I have faith in this, simply because this was how Taiko Drum Master: V Version was first leaked. Play-Asia put up an Asian region listing for that almost a week before it was announced.

incpdo

I was thinking that a " five nights at freddy's trilogy" would do well in vita. I know i would play those games if they were in this device( just played a little of the first one)

RK128

I was thinking that a " five nights at freddy's trilogy" would do well in vita. I know i would play those games if they were in this device( just played a little of the first one)

They would be a very natural fit, notiably one of the few games that I could see use the Vita's touch screen and rear touch pad really well.

The rear touch pad to quickly open up the cameras, the triggers for closing the doors left/right, D-Pad right and Square for lights on the left/right doors, left stick for looking around left and right, and the right stick for looking through the cameras.

That sounds very complicated, but considering the games point and click nature, some adaption to physical controls needs to happen.

The third game would have a very natural fit (for the core mechanics at least) while the second game might need a few adjustments (like the D-Pad/Buttons having more functions).

I would love the Trilogy to come to consoles in the future and considering the future film in the series, now is a great time to launch the series to consoles :D.

I know this isn't a Nintendo thread, but the series would be perfect on the Wii U, as the GamePad could be such a great way to incorporate the cameras :D.

Tizoc

For that price I may just bite on Broken Age @_@

Also all you US Vita users need to quit with all these 'Well now I have $9.xx left in my account and there's nothing on sale I want!' complaints.

Eff's sake you can see what PSP and Vita games are available for less than $10, there's bound to be at least one game worth getting, like Bomberman '94~

RK128

For that price I may just bite on Broken Age @_@

Also all you US Vita users need to quit with all these 'Well now I have $9.xx left in my account and there's nothing on sale I want!' complaints.

Eff's sake you can see what PSP and Vita games are available for less than $10, there's bound to be at least one game worth getting, like Bomberman '94~

But I only have 4.40 in my account though....

Just joking, I get your point :). Their is a ton of high quality games just waiting to be picked up on PSN :D. Just gotta look around a bit :).

I stopped bitching about the money left in my account, as it only adds a no good value to discuss here. As much as I love getting a PSP game, I tend value ways to maximize whatever money is in my account, as I cannot guarantee that I will like whatever game will I buy. Atleast I have two to three games to choose instead of a single game, so their is a greater chance that I can discover a hidden gems to play for the weekend.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I am a big fan of the Civ series, so if that game is really coming to the Vita, I will definitely get it.

We're getting more, they didn't get a soundtrack and our standard edition also comes with a soundtrack as well. I'm really, really happy.
I regretted not getting Demon Gaze's LE since I ended up liking the game quite a lot, so this time as soon as you guys mentioned it here I pre ordered it right away. That art book, hmmmmm. Idk how good the OST is since I haven't heard any tracks as to not spoil myself before June, but I'm looking forward to listening to those too. The LE box itself looks pretty large in size also from the pictures, looks to be as big, if not bigger than the one we got for Bravely Default.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
We're getting more, they didn't get a soundtrack and our standard edition also comes with a soundtrack as well. I'm really, really happy.

Standard & LE did not come with a soundtrack but it did exist as a preorder bonus from Sofmap in Japan. Which means said outlet paid for having X number of those pressed. Which Id imagine is the exact same thing NISA did to make folks more enticed to pick up either a LE or with the newly announced standard edition.

I regretted not getting Demon Gaze's LE since I ended up liking the game quite a lot, so this time as soon as you guys mentioned it here I pre ordered it right away. That art book, hmmmmm. Idk how good the OST is since I haven't heard any tracks as to not spoil myself before June, but I'm looking forward to listening to those too. The LE box itself looks pretty large in size also from the pictures, looks to be as big, if not bigger than the one we got for Bravely Default.

I actually just measured this, Op Abyss will have a bigger LE. That beautiful looking 8" X 11" artbook should push it over the edge. Not sure if you bought it, but this will probably be closer in size to DR2's LE. Definitely looking forward to this.

Parakeetman

From the look of it the LE should be the same size as the jp one considering there is already a box designed for it which fits the book and game.

Broken Age and maybe sketch cross for me this week :)

On another topic, it would be great to see the statistics of how many of the people screaming how they will buy game x day one when it gets announced are the same that says that the game is to expensive when it comes out and that they will wait until a sale or Ps+ ;)

TLDR: Put your money where your mouth is.

What are the odds of a Golden Week sale this week, anyone heard any further rumblings?

A Natsume rep said in an interview that there will be one. Nothing more yet I think. And since Golden Week starts this week, I think the chances are good. I only hope EU is also getting one this time.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just going to throw this in here because I stumbled across it earlier - was browsing Play-Asia's database and they have a listing for Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for Vita.

Sounds kinda plausible. Though the video linked is for Date-a-Live Vita (they have a separate listing for that though) and the only version they've got is Asian (not EU/US).

I have no idea if Play-Asia have been right with this kinda stuff before (only thing I'm aware of is that they had retail listings for J-Stars/One Piece Vita in Europe but not USA months before that was officially announced, but that could've been educated guesswork).

It's not my desired Heores of Might & Magic 3, XCom or Sim City but if true it's a good news, Vita should get more pc-like games.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I changed my mind, civ rev 2 is a mobile game(and not even a really good one apparently) and playasia lists it for 50$! :mad:
I hope someone doesn't expect us to pay lots of money for a port of a mobile game.

That's AniHawk. S/He can speak about NISA to a certain extent since s/he has inside knowledge, but I still believe there are lots of games to be brought over.

Literally just seen his post in the thread. Replying to it now (didn't know he had insider knowledge).

I guess that means Stranger of Sword City is a 2015 release then, if there's no more exclusives? :p

(I could still see it happening by the way. If not from NISA (although I think that's highly likely because, as you say, PS4 still hasn't really picked up the slack in Japan yet), then from XSEED with Tokyo Xanadu)

Parakeetman

Literally just seen his post in the thread. Replying to it now (didn't know he had insider knowledge).

I guess that means Stranger of Sword City is a 2015 release then, if there's no more exclusives? :p

(I could still see it happening by the way. If not from NISA (although I think that's highly likely because, as you say, PS4 still hasn't really picked up the slack in Japan yet), then from XSEED with Tokyo Xanadu)

Xseed am sure is still pretty busy with the insane Sen no Kiseki series which has an good amount of text as is.

Tokyo Xanadu should make some sort of nice in between point for them with the 2 Sen no Kiseki titles. Still wonder when those will come out though as am sure lots of fans are looking forward to it.

By the way, has anyone imported Sayonara Umihara Kawase+ from Japan? Interested to know if they included English on the cart, because I'll probably import if they did.

Also interested in the same thing about that Hotline Miami dual pack, if anyone is importing that.

liquidtmd

Banned
A Natsume rep said in an interview that there will be one. Nothing more yet I think. And since Golden Week starts this week, I think the chances are good. I only hope EU is also getting one this time.

Thanks

Us in the EU getting one would be nice but have my US account on standby. Hoping for a PS4 bargain or two - seeing some immense PS3 discounts in recent sales is hard man :)

I actually just measured this, Op Abyss will have a bigger LE. That beautiful looking 8" X 11" artbook should push it over the edge. Not sure if you bought it, but this will probably be closer in size to DR2's LE. Definitely looking forward to this.

From the look of it the LE should be the same size as the jp one considering there is already a box designed for it which fits the book and game.
Goddamn that's huge. My shelf has so little space left, I'm gonna have to find a way to fit everything I have on it lol.

An update on the Blazblue situation on EU PSN from the PS Blog comments (Fred Dutton)

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but at the end of last week the publisher asked for these titles to be deactivated due to a licensing issue. We’ll let you know should things change.

I wonder if that was something that just came up very recently, because the timing of the sale makes no sense. At least the Vita game was part of PS+ and the latest PS3 game is still available. GG Xrd is supposed to be coming soon as well.

Here's a pretty decent review for Omega Quintet, 4/5
http://operationrainfall.com/2015/04/27/review-omega-quintet/

Impressions on twitter seem to be about the same, praise for the OST and the combat, the only really negative seems to be the mission/quest/progression system while the how much you'll enjoy the story really seems to depend on your expectations and tolerance for humour. Really looking forward to trying it myself. It comes out on May 1st which is a holiday in Germany though so I'm not sure when amazon will get it to me :/

SerTapTap

Here's a pretty decent review for Omega Quintet, 4/5
http://operationrainfall.com/2015/04/27/review-omega-quintet/

Impressions on twitter seem to be about the same, praise for the OST and the combat, the only really negative seems to be the mission/quest/progression system while the how much you'll enjoy the story really seems to depend on your expectations and tolerance for humour. Really looking forward to trying it myself. It comes out on May 1st which is a holiday in Germany though so I'm not sure when amazon will get it to me :/

Most of my problems with the combat system dissolved as I learned to use it (still some issues, for instance equipping magic is a real pain), but yeah the mission progression system is probably the most detrimental thing (assuming you have a tolerance for "not AAA graphix" and a silly story). The humor's also not as good as Neptunia, biggest selling point is the combat for sure.

The mission system is actually mostly a step back from Neptunia despite actually focusing way more on sidequests. The only real saving grace is the mission description always tells you where to go now, though markers on the world map would make way more sense. Trying to finish my review today but it's safe to say I enjoyed it.

Oh and I actually tried the idol concert design thingy, it seems reasonably robust, lots of stuff to fiddle with, though personally I'm quite glad it's almost entirely optional (you have to watch a couple to complete missions that's all, no effort required)

Arg I was holding off on that because stock wasn't moving. Maybe I'll bite, for art book.

An update on the Blazblue situation on EU PSN from the PS Blog comments (Fred Dutton)

I wonder if that was something that just came up very recently, because the timing of the sale makes no sense. At least the Vita game was part of PS+ and the latest PS3 game is still available. GG Xrd is supposed to be coming soon as well.

I am skeptical about this

Ventara

Xseed am sure is still pretty busy with the insane Sen no Kiseki series which has an good amount of text as is.

Tokyo Xanadu should make some sort of nice in between point for them with the 2 Sen no Kiseki titles. Still wonder when those will come out though as am sure lots of fans are looking forward to it.

Wait, did I miss something? Are XSEED localizing the 2 Sen no Kiseki games? I thought they'd for sure drop the series once they were done with SC.

Wait, did I miss something? Are XSEED localizing the 2 Sen no Kiseki games? I thought they'd for sure drop the series once they were done with SC.

Why? They trademarked the name "Trails of Cold Steel" a while ago and the best guess is that it's Sen no Kiseki.

Ventara

Why? They trademarked the name "Trails of Cold Steel" a while ago and the best guess is that it's Sen no Kiseki.

I didn't know about that. But they've said how much work needs to go into localizing a LoH game, and considering how long it's taken to release SC, I would have thought they'd find localizing other titles more profitable.

Anyways, a trademark is a good sign, but I'm not taking it as anything more than that, and even if they announce it, I'm pessimistic about the time frame in which they'd release it. It'd probably be 2018 or later. I'd love to eat crow on that.

Parakeetman

I didn't know about that. But they've said how much work needs to go into localizing a LoH game, and considering how long it's taken to release SC, I would have thought they'd find localizing other titles more profitable.

Anyways, a trademark is a good sign, but I'm not taking it as anything more than that, and even if they announce it, I'm pessimistic about the time frame in which they'd release it. It'd probably be 2018 or later. I'd love to eat crow on that.

Im pretty sure we had threads here on it. If you do a search something should come up

wilflare

the sales keep coming
the wallet keeps building

and I think one day, I would stop buying Vita games
but nope - they keep coming <3

antibolo

Banned
I just pre-ordered Operation Abyss because I know I'll regret missing on the soundtrack disc like I did with Demon Gaze.

EDIT: No wait, is there a place in Canada that offers the full size LE or do I have to import it from NISA's store?

EDIT 2: Bleeeeeh it's going to be bloody expensive (over $86) to get that LE after currency and shipping, not sure about it anymore

Producer

Trails on Steam has been very successful for them, theres no way we arent getting Trails 3rd Chapter.

Honestly Sen no Kiseki might bomb in the west, but maybe they'll work out a PC port with Falcom like they did with Akiba's Strip 2 and Acquire?

Li Kao

Trails on Steam has been very successful for them, theres no way we arent getting Trails 3rd Chapter.

Honestly Sen no Kiseki might bomb in the west, but maybe they'll work out a PC port with Falcom like they did with Akiba's Strip 2 and Acquire?

Unfortunately weren't the latest rumors saying that xseed would skip 3rd ?
Super bummed about that if it is indeed the case.

Top Bottom