• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Ventara

we have no idea if it's coming or not.

Yeah, I know there hasn't been anything said regarding it actually coming over. Just more of people's thoughts if it's coming over. We've been getting all the Atelier Vita ports, and this game seems similar and from the same company, so it stands a decent chance to come over, imo. Just asking in case someone knows if there is a reason it won't be coming over, like a technical issue or something.

SerTapTap

Nobody else has problems to buy on the store today?

I have not had that exact problem, but it refused to remote download for me yesterday. There's almost always some minor to moderate screw up going on. Failing all else I try on both browser and console and one of them usually works. Browser is faster but seems to have more issues.

June or July release of Sketchcross for Europeans?

bdz4PCg.gif

Demon Gaze is... really good so far.

I played about an hour last night and really enjoyed it. The art is gorgeous too.

Elite Squadron on the other hand... It's decent, but I really don't like the control scheme. Instead of having the usual PSP TPS setup of the the face buttons being your right analog stick, it has a lock on button and that's it. I would've much rather dedicated face buttons for look so I could map that to the right analog stick. Other than that, it's portable Battlefront, which is cool, I'll continue playing it in short bursts.

TOTP: Buy Demon Gaze. Also consider getting Revenge of the Sith PS2 Classic, it's a surprisingly good little couch coop action game akin to the LOTR series on the same platform. It also has a really fun (although unbalanced) duel mode.

Glad you are enjoying it. I had a great time with it too, I can't wait for Operation Abyss for some more Exp. DRPG goodnesson my Vita.

Shizuka

The one company that'd benefit of having an asian release with english subtiles of their Vita titles would be Koei Tecmo. I'll buy Ar nosurge Plus, but it should be DD-only like everything else.

Yeah, I know there hasn't been anything said regarding it actually coming over. Just more of people's thoughts if it's coming over. We've been getting all the Atelier Vita ports, and this game seems similar and from the same company, so it stands a decent chance to come over, imo. Just asking in case someone knows if there is a reason it won't be coming over, like a technical issue or something.

Well, we might get it, it's pretty much in line with the Atelier Plus games as you said, I really enjoyed my time with Ar nosurge but I didn't finish it(Around 25 hours in), it's great and I'd easily buy it again for Vita if it does a western release.

Koei Tecmo Europe just teased an announcement for tomorrow. Some people are speculating this might be it.

I'm excited now.

SerTapTap

Didn't we get Frozen Synapse Prime Vita on PS+ or was it only PS3?
Doesn't show as purchased for me for Vita, only PS3.

It's not cross buy so PS3 only unfortunately. Neat game though I didn't get too far into it. Interesting take on turn-based strategy.

FireCloud

Haven't played a Harvest Moon game before but I'm kind of interested in trying it; especially because two of them are on sale this week on the PSN Golden Week sale.

For people familiar with Harvest Moon, which of the two would you recommend?
  • Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley ($5)
  • Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl ($3.75)

Tizoc

Haven't played a Harvest Moon game before but I'm kind of interested in trying it; especially because two of them are on sale this week on the PSN Golden Week sale.

For people familiar with Harvest Moon, which of the two would you recommend?
  • Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley ($5)
  • Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl ($3.75)

Funny you bring this up:
Boy & Girl is actually the PSX game Back to Nature along with another ver. of the game where you play instead as a girl! The PSX english release seemed to only have the boy character.
You know what just get both. I've decided to do that and replace Back to Nature with Boy & Girl @o@

The one company that'd benefit of having an asian release with english subtiles of their Vita titles would be Koei Tecmo. I'll buy Ar nosurge Plus, but it should be DD-only like everything else.

Yeah, same here. I'd have bought all the Ateliers + Ar no Surge by now if they had English releases in Asia.

FireCloud

Funny you bring this up:
Boy & Girl is actually the PSX game Back to Nature along with another ver. of the game where you play instead as a girl! The PSX english release seemed to only have the boy character.
You know what just get both. I've decided to do that and replace Back to Nature with Boy & Girl @o@

Thanks. I guess I was trying to save a couple of bucks but I guess it doesn't matter.

Here's my Golden Week haul: (so far)
  • Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f (Have it on PS3 and f2 on Vita.)
  • Suikoden II
  • Demon Gaze
  • Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!
  • Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley
  • Harvest Moon: Boy & Girl

SerTapTap

PS+ for next month:
6th May: Ether One (PS4)
6th May: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
6th May: The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
6th May: Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
6th May: Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
6th May: Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Damn good month, Hohokum, Murasaki Baby and Unfinished Swan are all fantastic, unique experiences. Guacamelee is good of course, Race The Sun is an interesting 3D endless runner sort of deal, never heard of Ether One, will check it out. Lucky month for cross buy too.

Pretty sure everyone has seen this thread but I'll be posting it here nonetheless:
Danganronpa has sold 200,000 units in the west
Great news for VN fans!

While I'm not a big fan of VNs, I appreciate the fact that they are finally leaving the shores of Japan. From SciFi (Steins), to Otome (Aksys, IFI's titles), to Mystery? (Danganronpa) hopefully some other genre VNs cross too.
The most interesting quote from that interview is that NISA will start to bring more visual novels to the West because of Danganronpa's success.
Hopefully they'll localize their 20th anniversary game (I forgot the name), or the yandere title.

FireCloud

PS+ for next month:
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
  • Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

Great! I only have Unfinished Swan so my Vita will be getting a lot of love next month. Now to find time to play all of these along with the Golden Week pickups....and Bloodborne, of course.

Producer

I remember them saying on twitter that Ar nosurge Plus would be likely if Ar nosurge on ps3 sold well. And i think it kinda bombed unfortunately but who knows. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Reset

I remember the time when we would gets games like DMC, Brothers, and Bioshock within the same month from Plus.
This month is pretty bad for me.

SerTapTap

Bioshock Infinite was probably one of the least pleasant experiences I've ever had on PS+. The tearing, framerate and IQ...I don't get how people could stand that. Also don't get how you can appreciate Brothers but apparently be disinterested in Hohokum, Unfinished Swan and Murasaki Baby, frankly.

Reset

Bioshock Infinite was probably one of the least pleasant experiences I've ever had on PS+. The tearing, framerate and IQ...I don't get how people could stand that.
I never even noticed the problems you listed lol I had fun playing it

I'm interested in Murasaki Baby but that's about it. I already have Unfinished Swan and Guacamelee.
The rest of the games don't seem interesting to me at all.

Bioshock Infinite was probably one of the least pleasant experiences I've ever had on PS+. The tearing, framerate and IQ...I don't get how people could stand that. Also don't get how you can appreciate Brothers but apparently be disinterested in Hohokum, Unfinished Swan and Murasaki Baby, frankly.
My bigger issues with that game was that the shooting was dreadful. This being an FPS and all, that isn't great. Everything else was top notch, but whenever I had to actually shoot enemies, it was awful and I just wanted it to end so I could carry on.

Ether One (PS4) - Will try. Probably won't like.
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4) - Bought and hadn't played.
The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) - Didn't like.
Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) - Love this game. Played it a lot.
Murasaki Baby (PS Vita) - Will try. Probably won't like.
Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita) - Didn't like.

Love indie games. Not a fan of abstract arty games like The Unfinished Swan & Hohokum. You can call me dumb, uncultured, and "I just don't get it" but I think these games are real boring.

It would be in Sony's best interest to put more variety into PS+. I think some very Japanese games, PS1 classics, sports games, and some more mainstream action games (which is usually there) would make more PS+ attractive to a wider group of people.

autoduelist

Watched quite a bit of footage of project root. Will definitely buy, it's my kind of game. Reminds me of nova strike which I loved, and the complaints in the reviews are not ones that bother me - difficulty,etc. I'm actually quite excited for it because I love the genre and it's so rare - free roam shmups. Will fill the void till galax-z hits, even though that's a slightly different genre. Both have massive missile bursts though, and that makes me happy.

And honestly I'd like to reward a game in my wheelhouse releasing at ten, 7 on sale, in a day and age when most are 15 or 20.

Bought suikoden 2.

On the fence about fantasy hero but I think I'll wait for sub five bucks.

Has anyone played end of serenity?
I assume gurumin is transferable from PS3, if so I'll get that.

Already own more than a few of the rest, and the prices arent quite right for the ones I do need.

RK128

PS+ for next month:
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)
  • Murasaki Baby (PS Vita)
  • Hohokum (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

That is such a great line up man :D!

Guacamelee is one of the best games I played on Vita, so getting the 'Super' version is great for people who never played this classic before :).

Unfinished Swan, Race the Sun, Muraski Baby and Hohokum are just.....man, that is a great selection of games :). Unfinished Swan looks so interesting (loved its mechanics in the Midevil stage from PS All Stars :D), Race the Sun is fun (like the demo I played in GameStop of that a while back), Muraski Baby looks so interesting and I always wanted to play that and Hohokum looks like a ton of fun :D.

Between all the sales of this month alongside this selection of great games is really going to be fun to play through the next few weeks :D.

Christian

Damn! That Danganronpa news gave me CHILLS! Awesome!

How great is it when these companies, which take chances on niche games that they BELIEVE IN, cash in? NISA knew that DR wouldn't sell millions, but they loved the property and thought there was an audience. And now look at it? 200,000 for a pair of Vita exclusives! Thank you, NISA!

Dadgumgrampa was pretty interesting, and this is coming from someone who doesn't like VNs in general. The second I felt had much narrower appeal, especially with the increased fanservice, but by then they had an established base. I think niche Japanese stuff hasn't really been too risky a prospect in the West for at least several years, though.

ZeroAKA

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

Game of the Month voting has started! You may vote for one Vita/PS4/PS3 game that was released between March 31 and April 28. You can either PM me on GAF or tweet/DM me on Twitter (@whoiszero). Please format the PM as shown below, or your PM may be ignored:
Subject: PSN GotM - <insert game title here>
Body: (optional - brief comment on why should people play this game or why this game deserves to be GotM)

TotP: Buy Demon Gaze. $12 on US PSN right now and takes up less than 500 MB. Also, DJMAX Portable 3.

Demon Gaze is... really good so far.

I played about an hour last night and really enjoyed it. The art is gorgeous too.

I blow hot and cold on Demon Gaze. I loved it for a good while when I first started playing, then I got quite sick of it and stopped for a while. Started it up again recently but then got sick of it again and moved on to other things (was about halfway through Grimodar Castle I think upon my second quit).

Glad you're enjoying it though!

Top Bottom