• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

Ventara

Hey guys, how's Putty Squad and Mind Zero? Picked them up for used at EB for $10 and $20 respectively, but not sure if they're worth that.

Shizuka

Hey guys, how's Putty Squad and Mind Zero? Picked them up for used at EB for $10 and $20 respectively, but not sure if they're worth that.

Mind Zero is my guilty pleasure, but most people hate it. It's objectively not a bad game, just mediocre in comparison to others from the same genre. I'd say that given it's an "old" game, $20 is a bit too much for it.

Putty Squad is an ok platformer. I had a good time 100%ing the game and I'd probably replay it in the future, but I'd probably not pay much more than $10 for it, the game uses fairly ugly 3D models for the graphics, I'd have much preferred the original Amiga sprites used instead.

Pata

Ventara

Mind Zero is my guilty pleasure, but most people hate it. It's objectively not a bad game, just mediocre in comparison to others from the same genre. I'd say that given it's an "old" game, $20 is a bit too much for it.

Yeah, I was hoping to pick it up for cheap eventually, but I've never seen it drop to $20, which is why I thought I'd pick it up. Then again, I've mainly only been checking Amazon and Best Buy. Hmm, will have to think about this.

Putty Squad is an ok platformer. I had a good time 100%ing the game and I'd probably replay it in the future, but I'd probably not pay much more than $10 for it, the game uses fairly ugly 3D models for the graphics, I'd have much preferred the original Amiga sprites used instead.

Sounds good enough to me. For $10, I'm not expecting much, and owning a physical copy is nice. Thanks!

Phototropic

Neo Member
Anyone else getting an error when trying to purchase content off PSN on their vita?
I was getting an error on Tuesday on both PS4 and the web store trying to buy Koi. It was not the usual credit card error as it happened at the step before that.

It went away later that night. Might be unrelated, but try giving it a shot again.

SerTapTap

Do you think 2000 is better overall or there isn't a big difference between two?

It's more different than anything. The OG feels more "luxury" in some ways, mostly the screen and curves. But it's undeniably heavier and bulkier. All in all the 2000 has enough conveniences to be the clear winner though. Lighter, micro USB, I think it's got slightly more battery or am I thinking of a 3DS iteration?

Also, while the indented screen is cheap ugliness, it's also perfect for screen protectors as you'll never know it's on.

Putty Squad is worth $10 physical just for that preciously atrocious 90s 3D box art

deadfolk

Do you think 2000 is better overall or there isn't a big difference between two?

I agree with Sir TapTap.

It's lighter, better battery life and feels good in the hand. The micro usb is also very handy. You could make a case for it feeling cheaper, but I guess that's a matter of taste.

The screen seems great to me. I'm sure if I put it next to my 1000 I could spot the difference, but I have no desire to do so.

Clive

The PS4 has some big releases in May: Uncharted 4, Doom, Valkyria Chronicles remaster, TMNT and Mirror's Edge to name a few.

Both Sony consoles also have One Piece: Burning Blood on the last of the month.

Shizuka

The PS4 has some big releases in May: Uncharted 4, Doom, Valkyria Chronicles remaster, TMNT and Mirror's Edge to name a few.

Both Sony consoles also have One Piece: Burning Blood on the last of the month.

Mirror Edge was delayed to June.

So, reality check!

What do we think about that DW SRPG and am I the only one that are getting (PS4) Shadow of the Beast (and maybe Technomancer) on day one? ;)

Retail or digital titles? Could you share them or is it some sort of insider knowledge?

They're both announced titles and could probably be guessed, but I can't really elaborate on what as I've been asked not to say - likely due to the lack of solid dates on their end. I'm thinking they're both in QA and they're simply expecting them to go through without a hitch, their intention being to take the first date they can get.

Anyways, there's always lots coming - we just don't always have dates until it's upon us. :/

Shizuka

They're both announced titles and could probably be guessed, but I can't really elaborate on what as I've been asked not to say - likely due to the lack of solid dates on their end. I'm thinking they're both in QA and they're simply expecting them to go through without a hitch, their intention being to take the first date they can get.

Anyways, there's always lots coming - we just don't always have dates until it's upon us. :/

I'm hoping it's all good stuff, I need something to tide me over until June.

I guess we'll be getting a Flash Sale tomorrow.

Glad this is the final week of franchise sales as well. Hopefully we get back to better, more varied deals.

Yikes. This guy just does not seem to have a single positive thing to say about Ray Gigant:

http://youtu.be/-EJKrGcY0xc

He's not exactly the biggest of drpgs fans, especially ones that are either hard (Dungeon Travelers/SoSC) or too simplistic (Operation Abyss/Ray Gigant). To be fair though, the game does look extremely simplistic and I most likely would not like it at all because of that. Nice art only helps so much, it's one of the last things I care about in drpgs
(unless it's fanservice, that ranks a little higher)

Despite the game being on the easy side, you should take whatever BlueMaxima says with a huge grain of salt. Especially for a genre as niche as drpgs. You're better off with reviews/impressions from people who like drpgs.

I don't know if the game is good or not, but BM said that he only played the game for 90 minutes and hopfully you don't get to see everything the game has to offer in such a short time.

Saphirax

I don't know if the game is good or not, but BM said that he only played the game for 90 minutes and hopfully you don't get to see everything the game has to offer in such a short time.

How shocking - reviewing a game after only playing it for 90 minutes. I'm not surprised. I don't think he even gets halfway through most of the games he reviews.
I'd just stick to impressions from people who know their stuff if you're generally on the fence.

yaffi

How shocking - reviewing a game after only playing it for 90 minutes. I'm not surprised. I don't think he even gets halfway through most of the games he reviews.
I'd just stick to impressions from people who know their stuff if you're generally on the fence.

It's not a review though.

He doesn't do reviews, only first impressions

yaffi

I rarely check vita gameplay videos on youtube. But when I do I mostly come across BM's stuff. It's not that he's really "prominent", he's just one of the few showing gameplay at all.

Saphirax

I rarely check vita gameplay videos on youtube. But when I do I mostly come across BM's stuff. It's not that he's really "prominent", he's just one of the few showing gameplay at all.

I've seen a few others, but none of them get mentioned as often as BM does. Maybe it's because his channel is Vita only, while others cover other platforms? Like you, I don't often check gameplay videos and when I do it's mostly a silent let's play in Japanese. Was mostly going off of what other people were commenting on various other boards (although, to be fair, that was years ago :p).

incpdo

I recommend "latestvitagames" he is the contrary side of bluemaxima , he enjoys a lot the games he has. and he posts regularly . He did a Ray gigant 1st impressions.too.
I find bluemaxima enjoyable on the games he likes but its a rare situation to find games he actually looks forward to. I have to recognize he is really honest about what he thinks and the amount of gameplays he has its pretty impressive but he is full of double standards in regards of what he actually expects from a game.
Its pretty funny to see him play and complain sometimes tho.

In other news i have been playing online Borderlands 2 on the vita and i have to say the small improvement of the system performance its really noticeable when playing online. The game now is far from being a frustrating experience , Dont get me wrong is not perfect at all but the online is fun as fuck and i can confirm works pretty well. I have played around 4 hours online just messing around with the dlc content and i have to say the critics about the game are harsher than the real issues it has.There is not a lot of people playing this game online but there is an active community of players i find regularly. So yeah if you want some fps fun just remove the dust from the game if you have it and play it for god's sake!

I respect Bluemaxima for doing so much Vita coverage but I don't watch his videos anymore. He moans about nearly everything and it gets grating. And I honestly don't want to know his opinion on things, because it differs so much to my own.

Top Bottom