• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2016

Takao

Banned
FDG won't even get The Game Atelier to port The Flying Hamster 2 Monster Boy on Vita, and that's a game from an experienced dev on the platform. Vita even won the platform poll when the game was on Kickstarter.

eFKac

I'm getting incredibly shitty download speed on the Vita, like 200kB/s.

Tests are showing a way bigger download speeds.

I have the WiFi eco setting off.

How to improve it?

How do DLCs/expansions work, particularly with Witcher 3: Hearts of Stone?

Here's the situation: I have a physical AU version, but I play it using my US PSN account. What happens if I buy a physical copy of Hearts of Stone? I'm assuming it comes with a DL code. If I activate it on my AU PSN account, can I still play it on my US PSN account assuming it's on the same PS4?

For the record, I know I can share digital games between my accounts. I just don't know if DLCs are like that too. I'd really rather buy physical copies for my PS4 when possible, especially because Witcher games usually come with lots of physical stuff.

Takao

Banned
https://youtu.be/7JU4KjIGQ10
https://youtu.be/jqOylE70PgM
https://youtu.be/nI1eyvz5gRw

O0iARC9.jpg
ao1ZGkD.jpg

HycWY8q.jpg
kD3NXUF.jpg

not gonna leave japan on vita

RK128

Such a shame too; looks to run solid on Vita :(.

Well you can swap your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 if you haven't already. For various reasons, this may offer speed boosts.

---

Ray Gigant coming in May, new character details and English screenshots revealed.

Tried that DNS code and....it made downloads far more faster and just using the internet on my Vita to begin with quicker. Thank you for sharing that tip man :).

Can't wait to see more from Ray Gigant, so thank you for covering the game on The Vita Lounge :D!

autoduelist

Anyone know anything about Grand Kingdom? Worth a preorder?

Any DRPGS on the horizon besides SoSC?

Does Ray Gigant have a release date?

RK128

I think it is a tactical role-playing game, but I know little else about the game sadly :(. Considering past experiences with TRPG's (Summon Night 5), not really sure if I will get this one, as while I enjoyed Summon Night 5, they can be way too hard X(.

Either way, recommend giving a demo of the game a shot whenever it lands on PSN :).

RK128

So.......what have you all been playing recently on your Vitas? This thread has gone a bit quiet and I thought maybe us answering this question might add a spark to it :D.

I've been playing Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 on my Vita and both are fantastic titles. I find that once you re-map the controls a bit, Legends 1 feels great on Vita and while the cut-scenes lip-syncing is quite off & slowdown can be distracting, the game is a lot of fun to play on Vita. Love the world, characters and very Zelda-like gameplay the game has too.

Legends 2 only just started the second main dungeon (after the first one on the Snow covered island and the extra B-Class Dungeon on the second island) but the game feels so modern. The controls, heavy focus on story and even more Zelda-like mechanics (lock-on system, help items like dungeon maps and boss keys, ect) help make the template from Legends 1 feel even better here.

I plan on making a Retrospective thread covering Legends 2 once I get further along in it, as now that my Sonic Retrospective is wrapped up, have the intent to go back to my Ratchet & Clank Retrospective and make more on-off retrospectives like the Legends series :).

Didn't really play the PS+ games yet, but tried out Ridge Racer PSP. Got it during a more recent sale and man, I really dig it :D. The music selection is great, the track design is very solid, the game visually holds up really damn well considering it came out as a PSP launch game and the controls are really solid. Very solid racer that I feel will be playing it on-and-off the next few days :).

Also re-downloaded UMvC3 and Sonic Racing Transformed on my Vita and both are great ports. The former is one of the best Vita ports while the later is a mostly solid port of the great Racing Transformed on PS3 :).

batrush

on vita its mostly been sora no kiseki fc evo and steins;gate senkei kousoku no phenogram which was free for ps+ subs last month.

So.......what have you all been playing recently on your Vitas? This thread has gone a bit quiet and I thought maybe us answering this question might add a spark to it :D.

I just platinumed Estival Versus, but I'm definitely still playing that. Also playing Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni still as I've not beaten the side modes or gotten everything yet.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus is on its way to me, but until that arrives I'll probably be poking at my backlog. I definitely need to go back and finish up additional endings on Akiba's Trip, need to play some more J-Stars, and need to go back to Steins;Gate which I was distracted from with reviews.

Gutss

Hi guy, got a problem with my free 15 singapore dollar psn store code that comes with my ps4 bundle, i forgot to used it and it expires last march 31 2016, can i get a new code for it or is it gone for good? thanks in advance.

incpdo

I've been playing Mega Man Legends 1 & 2 on my Vita and both are fantastic titles. I find that once you re-map the controls a bit, Legends 1 feels great on Vita and while the cut-scenes lip-syncing is quite off & slowdown can be distracting, the game is a lot of fun to play on Vita. Love the world, characters and very Zelda-like gameplay the game has too.

Legends 2 only just started the second main dungeon (after the first one on the Snow covered island and the extra B-Class Dungeon on the second island) but the game feels so modern. The controls, heavy focus on story and even more Zelda-like mechanics (lock-on system, help items like dungeon maps and boss keys, ect) help make the template from Legends 1 feel even better here.

I plan on making a Retrospective thread covering Legends 2 once I get further along in it, as now that my Sonic Retrospective is wrapped up, have the intent to go back to my Ratchet & Clank Retrospective and make more on-off retrospectives like the Legends series :).

Didn't really play the PS+ games yet, but tried out Ridge Racer PSP. Got it during a more recent sale and man, I really dig it :D. The music selection is great, the track design is very solid, the game visually holds up really damn well considering it came out as a PSP launch game and the controls are really solid. Very solid racer that I feel will be playing it on-and-off the next few days :).

Also re-downloaded UMvC3 and Sonic Racing Transformed on my Vita and both are great ports. The former is one of the best Vita ports while the later is a mostly solid port of the great Racing Transformed on PS3 :).
I bought the physical versión of umvc and its incredible. 60fps , looks awesome , my only complain is fue to the dlc removal i cannot play with jill. Megaman legends 2 is a great underrated game, im too biased to comment on this one . i just love it.

redcrayon

Any DRPGS on the horizon besides SoSC?

Does Ray Gigant have a release date?
Grand Kingdom looks great. It's an SRPG with turn-based combat decided on 2D lanes- imagine FFT crossed with Dragons Crown or Guardian Heroes. Best check out a gameplay video, but definitely day 1 for me.

Other dungeon crawlers- Demon Gaze 2, but it isn't even out in Japan yet. It's probably not what you're looking for but Darkest Dungeon definitely has dungeons, crawling and rpging :D

Ray Gigant is out in the west next month, I don't think there's a specific date yet.

Powwa

Busy playing Digimon on Vita. Just got SFV for PS4 cheap because of price error on Amazon, but having trouble finding players online for some reason.

Still have a big backlog on Vita, I wonder how am I ever gonna finish all the games I have.

RK128

Thank you all for answering the question! Really cool of you all and nice seeing that we are all playing unique games on our Vitas :D! Going to respond to everyone, so this post will be quite long XD!

I bought the physical versión of umvc and its incredible. 60fps , looks awesome , my only complain is fue to the dlc removal i cannot play with jill. Megaman legends 2 is a great underrated game, im too biased to comment on this one . i just love it.

I agree with you on how great UMvC3 is on Vita! Such a great port :). Happy you enjoy Legends 2 a lot too :D.

Busy playing Digimon on Vita. Just got SFV for PS4 cheap because of price error on Amazon, but having trouble finding players online for some reason.

Still have a big backlog on Vita, I wonder how am I ever gonna finish all the games I have.

Wanted to get Digimon but money issues prevented me from getting it yet :l. Hope I get it next month when things get a bit better, as I heard really great things about the title :D! Hope you enjoy SFV too, as while it lacks major single player content right now (should be fixed in June), I heard it has amazing gameplay.

on vita its mostly been sora no kiseki fc evo and steins;gate senkei kousoku no phenogram which was free for ps+ subs last month.

Never heard of those games outside of Stines;Gate, but I'm happy you are enjoying them :D! You have a JP PSN account from the sounds of things, which rocks; lots of great JP-only Vita games to play if you either understand JP or if they have English Subtitles :).

I just platinumed Estival Versus, but I'm definitely still playing that. Also playing Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni still as I've not beaten the side modes or gotten everything yet.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Venus is on its way to me, but until that arrives I'll probably be poking at my backlog. I definitely need to go back and finish up additional endings on Akiba's Trip, need to play some more J-Stars, and need to go back to Steins;Gate which I was distracted from with reviews.

Read your review of both Estival Verses and Bhikkhuni on the Vita Lounge :). They sound like games that are a lot of fun if you can enjoy/deal with the heavy 'plot' both have. Always wanted to try the SK series so might get the original one on Vita some point in the future before diving into those other two games. Nice to see they are high quality titles that offer really fun action :D!

I have a massive backlog myself, so I understand the need to go back and finish some more games before moving on to new ones XD!

Heard decent things about Xtreme 3 on Vita (a solid port from impressions online) so if you enjoyed past games in the series, you should like this new one I think :).

Chuy

Thread's dead from the combo of people being busy and the latest banning spree that occurred

That being said though this is what im currently playing off my backlog:
Code:
Digimon
Final Fantasy VIII
Trails SC
Cold Steel
Chrono Trigger
Been juggling all of them to various degrees of success though i probably should just pick a game commit to it.
I've also gone back and started replaying some older titles like Gravity Rush,Killzone Mercenary and UMvC3 whenever i feel like just playing something in quick bursts.

Hi guy, got a problem with my free 15 singapore dollar psn store code that comes with my ps4 bundle, i forgot to used it and it expires last march 31 2016, can i get a new code for it or is it gone for good? thanks in advance.
You're probably out of luck on that one unfortunately. If you haven't already you could try using it and see if it still works. Sometimes codes don't expire by when they're supposed to.

RK128

Thread's dead from the combo of people being busy and the latest banning spree that occurred

That being said though this is what im currently playing off my backlog:
Code:
Digimon
Final Fantasy VIII
Trails SC
Cold Steel
Chrono Trigger
Been juggling all of them to various degrees of success though i probably should just pick a game commit to it.
I've also gone back and started replaying some older titles like Gravity Rush,Killzone Mercenary and UMvC3 whenever i feel like just playing something in quick bursts.

I know about the recent bans :(. Don't plan on talking about the Vita outside this thread to be honest.

Regarding your play-list.....that is a lot of RPGs XD! I would recommend just sticking with two and playing the other ones after :). Pick the ones you really like the most, then stick with them until you beat them :D.

On the Vita... Been working through various games I've had around for awhile. Right now, it is the Sly Cooper Collection.

About half way through the first game now (Thievius Racoonus) and working on collecting everything for the Platinum so going a bit slower too as I have revisit some stages a second time to find something I missed the first time through.

Enjoying myself but I was always have little issues with 3-D platformers at times. My spatial relationing is a little off. But I will just blame the game...

RK128

Decided that I will be making another Retrospective alongside returning to my Ratchet one; Mega Man!

A good number of games in the series are on Vita, so hope you guys check it out :). Here is a link to the Mega Man and Ratchet threads, as unlike my Sonic one each game will be a post, rather then a unique thread :D.

ryseing

Loud on Planet X Vita port "indefinitely delayed at this point". Developer says they have perfomance problems with the UI on the Vita, and is offering a Steam/Android code to those who had chosen Vita as a platform in the Kickstarter (as it was kIckstartered) backers survey.

The game will be out in the 19th of this month on PS4,

EDIT: In case the Vita port ends up being released, there will be Cross-Buy support.

Trying to remember if I chose PS4 or Vita. Shit.

My BackerKit says PS4 thankfully. Shipping address is screwed up though. Wonderful.

Haven't been playing much Vita unfortunately. I've been mostly PS4/3DS since the new year started. Next Vita game I'll probably play is Ys but who knows when that is coming out in English.

Ratchet + DS3 Tuesday tho, plus Division patch. Why do all of my papers have to be due this week...

On Vita I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel, sadly not been giving it as much time as I should though since I've gotten sucked back in to private-server WoW playing :(

Powwa

On Vita I've been playing Trails of Cold Steel, sadly not been giving it as much time as I should though since I've gotten sucked back in to private-server WoW playing :(

I've been having the urge recently as well. Which server are you playing on?

RedToad64

As I mentioned in one of your threads, I am going through the original Mega Man Legends. Having never played the game before, I find it very charming and enjoyable - especially consider it's age. So, yeah.

I was thinking about starting Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee soon. I love cartoony golf games.

RK128

As I mentioned in one of your threads, I am going through the original Mega Man Legends. Having never played the game before, I find it very charming and enjoyable - especially consider it's age. So, yeah.

I was thinking about starting Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee soon. I love cartoony golf games.

Glad you are enjoying Legends 1 :D! Its charm and visual presentation is very impressive, more so considering how well it holds up today.

I own Hot Shots Golf on Vita (both versions; PSP and Vita game) and I found it nice enough :). It looks great and its nice to play a chill golf game every now and then :D.

maouvin

My go-to Vita game atm is Shutshimi. I don't know if it's amazing or trash but I play it in short bursts to great effect. I'm trying that Tom PS+ freebie too, since I've been away from puzzles for a while.

On the "big games" side, I'm finishing up with Cyber Sleuth (need to find a bunch more legendary hackers, but farming for the quests with nothing else to do is zzz) and going though Ys Felghana (with, coupled with Nights of Azure and Hundred Knight on the PS4, makes for 3 action RPGs at the same time, welp).

Also, I played a bit of Enter the Gungeon via remote play and it's great! I'm always worried with the projectiles visibility when playing shooting games on the Vita, but had no issues with EtG.

------

And for those who were looking after the Toukiden 2 PS4 demo, it's up for non PS+ subscribers on the JP PSN.

RK128

My go-to Vita game atm is Shutshimi. I don't know if it's amazing or trash but I play it in short bursts to great effect. I'm trying that Tom PS+ freebie too, since I've been away from puzzles for a while.

On the "big games" side, I'm finishing up with Cyber Sleuth (need to find a bunch more legendary hackers, but farming for the quests with nothing else to do is zzz) and going though Ys Felghana (with, coupled with Nights of Azure and Hundred Knight on the PS4, makes for 3 action RPGs at the same time, welp).

Also, I played a bit of Enter the Gungeon via remote play and it's great! I'm always worried with the projectiles visibility when playing shooting games on the Vita, but had no issues with EtG.

------

And for those who were looking after the Toukiden 2 PS4 demo, it's up for non PS+ subscribers on the JP PSN.

I tried that fish shooting game and it was nice to play every now and then :). Didn't download the puzzle game yet though, but plan on doing so when I finish more games.

Playing four RPGS at once though....that has to be tough XD! Good luck getting through four games and I'm glad you are enjoying them :).

- - - - - - - -

In non-related matters, got around to making the Ratchet 2 Retrospective, so for people that like the series, give it a read :D!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=200652186&postcount=44

Guru-Guru

Banned
General question: Sony doesn't really care if I have 2 accounts in different regions, do they? They won't all of a sudden ban a 2nd account, right? I have PS Plus with my Japanese account (live in Japan), and I was thinking of making a NA account with my Canadian credit card just because a lot of indie games aren't on the JP PS store.

Saphirax

General question: Sony doesn't really care if I have 2 accounts in different regions, do they? They won't all of a sudden ban a 2nd account, right? I have PS Plus with my Japanese account (live in Japan), and I was thinking of making a NA account with my Canadian credit card just because a lot of indie games aren't on the JP PS store.

They won't ban you. Plenty of us have multiple accounts. Although I don't think your Canadian CC will work with NA psn.

As long as by NA you mean Canada, then yes - it'll work. Keep in mind that the Canadian store misses a US title here and there due to licensing and/or lazy publishers.

Guru-Guru

Banned
They won't ban you. Plenty of us have multiple accounts. Although I don't think your Canadian CC will work with NA psn.

As long as by NA you mean Canada, then yes - it'll work. Keep in mind that the Canadian store misses a US title here and there due to licensing and/or lazy publishers.
Thanks for the answer! Yes, I meant the Canadian store. I was able to create a 2nd account and enter my credit card info via the PSN website. However, when I go to purchase it says my credit card info is incorrect. It's a Canadian card so there shouldn't be any problem (I am pretty damn positive I entered the info correctly too), but after googling the issue it seems that a lot of people have difficult with paying via credit cards...

Thanks for the answer! Yes, I meant the Canadian store. I was able to create a 2nd account and enter my credit card info via the PSN website. However, when I go to purchase it says my credit card info is incorrect. It's a Canadian card so there shouldn't be any problem (I am pretty damn positive I entered the info correctly too), but after googling the issue it seems that a lot of people have difficult with paying via credit cards...

Credit cards are hit and miss in general, but you can always create a Canadian Paypal and go that route - funding it with your credit card, then funding your PSN wallet with that.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Credit cards are hit and miss in general, but you can always create a Canadian Paypal and go that route - funding it with your credit card, then funding your PSN wallet with that.
That might be a good idea. I think I need a canadian cell # to create a paypal account though, right?

I've been having the urge recently as well. Which server are you playing on?

Excalibur-Wow. It's a TBC server, but I'm a TBC player really (I started in late vanilla but only really started playing properly in TBC).

It's been good so far. No major bugs that I've noticed and plenty of players (around 2k on alliance side, I assume similar on horde).

I'm tempted to try Kronos as well for a vanilla experience, but we'll see.

Man recently i rarely finish a game... :(

Anyway i'm playing:
ultra despair girls
unepic
xcom

I agree :D

For me it's:
Trillion
XCOM
Trails FC

How's unEpic?

There are so many games that I want to buy right now (unepic, aegis.., ass creed, HM go, Crypt OTND, etc.) but I get the feeling that Severed is just around the corner and I can't wait to get my hands on that game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I agree :D

For me it's:
Trillion
XCOM
Trails FC

How's unEpic?
It's really good, waaaay better than la mulana at least, maybe it's my fault but in la mulana i never knew where to go or what to do...

It's a metroidvania heavy on rpg elements(stats, loots, magic, pets etc), there are challenges and quests, backtraking is almost absent, one thing that i really appreciate in unepic is that unlike other games(even some deep rpgs) different kinds of weapon are really different and every enemy is weak against one weapon type and resistant to the others, if you use the wrong kind of weapon against an enemy you will do a very small damage, so you have to choose what weapon abilities to grow, i also appreciate that there's no need to grind because it's well balanced imo, another good thing is that the references are not just some videogames references pointlessly put there just to do fanservice, but they are also based on movies, comics etc and often well used in dialogues.

One bad thing is that at least in the beginning environments look the same, but after some progress there's more variety.

Top Bottom