• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Yasumi

Banned
Anyone interested in Mighty No. 9 might be sad to hear this; the game got delayed to next year for unannounced reasons.

There could be a number of reasons for this:
-To link it up with the upcoming animated series
-Link it up to the upcoming live-action film
-Get some funding from the game into Red Ash despite netting a publisher for the title
-Need the time to optimize the game for every platform
-Want to launch the handheld versions (Vita and 3DS) with the console versions (PS4, X1, Wii U, PS3, 360 (I think?), and PC).

It seems that Concept can't catch a break the past month or so.....
The only good thing Inafune has associated himself with is Soul Sacrifice.

Top of the page, buy Soul Sacrifice Delta.

RK128

The only good thing Inafune has associated himself with is Soul Sacrifice.

Top of the page, buy Soul Sacrifice Delta.

And to be fair, that was more thanks to Studio Japan and the Concept developers, not him :l. If anything, he got Sony, Studio Japan and Concept together to make the game happen and nothing else.

Don't mean to be so critical of him, but how do you fuck up a Mega Man Legends successor Kickstarter X(! Its not HARD to make a good looking campaign I would imagine......

RK128

O_O!

Wow, talk about some crazy attacks XD! I love how NepGear's summon attack; she is just "WTF! O....Okay then, I will use this to attack..." Everyone's facial expression is just gold :').

I've always wondered if he let them put his face in the game or if they just did it without giving two fucks LOL

My guess is that Complete Heart is just having fun with his image for those attacks XD.

Anyone play this new version of Tetris? Worth it for $4? Usually Tetris only feels right to me in an 8-bit setting but the trailer for TU seems like fun. Is there a cross-buy Vita version?

Tizoc

^Grab Puyo Puyo Tetris from Play asia instead, it's much better.

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 worth it for $3 each? I never got to play those games back in the day.

Then why are you asking if they're worth getting for so cheap :p
Just blind buy mate, these games aged well.

Anyone play this new version of Tetris? Worth it for $4? Usually Tetris only feels right to me in an 8-bit setting but the trailer for TU seems like fun. Is there a cross-buy Vita version?

No cross-buy as they're different compositionally - the Vita version is the full 9 modes, the PS4 version only has 6 and gains the other 3 through DLC.

As for whether it's good, it's really good on Vita - can't speak for PS4.

No cross-buy as they're different compositionally - the Vita version is the full 9 modes, the PS4 version only has 6 and gains the other 3 through DLC.

As for whether it's good, it's really good on Vita - can't speak for PS4.

Thanks. Would be nice to have on Vita. I have the old PSP mini by EA but, again, it doesn't feel right to me. And it looks shitty on Vita.

Is the Vita version on sale right now too?

^Grab Puyo Puyo Tetris from Play asia instead, it's much better.

Good advice. I actually do want that but kind of forgot about it.

SerTapTap

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 worth it for $3 each? I never got to play those games back in the day.

Yes. They are very different and it's possible you will not like one of the two, but the first is one the classic survival horror games of the era and 2 is a weird but still entertaining game

ryseing

Bummed about the Amplitude delay. This fall was supposed to be full of Harmonix goodness...

Ah well. At least we're getting a doubled tracklist out of the deal.

Bought a PS TV because fuck it, why not. Will be nice to play the Vita games associated with my home console account.

(I was like 12 when I created the separate accounts for handheld/console and obviously didn't know it would come back to bite me).

omg_mjd

Thanks for the Dino Crisis feedback, guys. So DC 1 is like RE 3 and DC 2 is a shooter...sounds great, I'm getting both!

Been trying the play The Order the last couple of weeks (I have limited play time). Even though it's supposed to be short it feels like a slog to me. It's just ... so boring. Got to chapter 9 and I'm done. Really lame game IMO.

N° 2048

Been trying the play The Order the last couple of weeks (I have limited play time). Even though it's supposed to be short it feels like a slog to me. It's just ... so boring. Got to chapter 9 and I'm done. Really lame game IMO.

I'm worried about this too, how much did you pay for it?
How much would you preferred to have paid?

I think $10 is my limit for it...

RK128

Never played the game (don't own a PS4) but the games biggest reported problem is that the gameplay is very boring; generic Gears of War-style gameplay with nothing else really added to it.

Its not like Ready at Dawn's other titles; Daxter used the Jak 2/Jak 3 gun system in a fun way (giving Daxter bug spray kit that can let you hover in the air and use a flame-thrower) and their God of War games had fantastic secondary weapons (the Zeus gauntlet was awesome to play around with while the Spear & Shield + the Fire Blades really complemented each other).

With Order, they really didn't do that much to make the gameplay they 'copied' special and unique like past games, leading it to feel very samey and boring :(.

I heard the story is good, so I hope you enjoy that at least :D.

.....Just hope you didn't pay more then 20-30 bucks on the game; not worth the full 60$ X(.

I think I ended up paying about $25 thanks to GCU a while back. Probably not worth it, but ill get a little in trade value. Definitely not worth keeping.

And the story is pretty lame IMO, too. I honestly had no real clue what was happening in the first several hours - even with subtitles on. And the characters are dull. I don't get why VG writers can't grasp that characterization matters, even if it's pulpy. Look at Uncharted. Really, The Order is cut from a really similar cinematic TPS cloth. Except UC has fun cool characters and of course great gunplay.

RK128

I think I ended up paying about $25 thanks to GCU a while back. Probably not worth it, but ill get a little in trade value. Definitely not worth keeping.

And the story is pretty lame IMO, too. I honestly had no real clue what was happening in the first several hours - even with subtitles on. And the characters are dull. I don't get why VG writers can't grasp that characterization matters, even if it's pulpy. Look at Uncharted. Really, The Order is cut from a really similar cinematic TPS cloth. Except UC has fun cool characters and of course great gunplay.

So even the story is weak huh :(?

.....That is very strange, considering they wrote the best stories in the God of War series (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta).

Guess it was a fluke for them :l. Shame it had to be a very expensive one, but they can re-bound from that and make a stronger PS4 game in the future.

Maybe working with another Sony IP or helping out another Sony studio (Santa Monica with God of War 4, Guerrilla Games with Horizon, ect) for a project.

Sorry you aren't enjoying the game man :(. Hope you get a lot of trade in credit back with it though; it would suck for you to play 25 bucks on the game only to get 10 back from it X(.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Hey guys, a friend of mine just asked me to recommend him RPG games for the PS4 but since I'm a PC gamer I came here looking for some pointers. What RPG games do you recommend? I also thought of The Witcher 3 since I've heard a lot of good things about it, but he never played the previous editions and we were both wondering if you could still enjoy the game, so help is appreciated that way, too.

Thanks!

RK128

Hey guys, a friend of mine just asked me to recommend him RPG games for the PS4 but since I'm a PC gamer I came here looking for some pointers. What RPG games do you recommend? I also thought of The Witcher 3 since I've heard a lot of good things about it, but he never played the previous editions and we were both wondering if you could still enjoy the game, so help is appreciated that way, too.

Thanks!

I have a few but keep in mind that a number of them are also on Vita and/or PS3 as of right now:
-Sword Art Online Re:Hollow Fragment (Hollow Fragment - Vita)- Action JRPG that expands the story of S1 of the anime that is a mix of Phantasy Star Online, Xenoblade Chronicles and Monster Hunter. I highly recommend the game and the PS4 version does a lot to improve the issues the Vita version had (bad translation, expanded avatar creation system, online play, ect).
-Sword Art Online: Lost Song (coming sometime this fall) (Coming to Vita as well)- Action JRPG like Hollow Fragment but with the ability to fly, some of the mechanics being a bit different and a new story set in another MMO in the series world (ALO). If you pre-order the game on PSN in US now, you get Re:Hollow Fragment for free as well.
-Boodborn (PS4 only)- The best Sony exclusive right now; a great successor to the Souls games and from reports online, its a fantastic title :D
-Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4 only)
-Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4 only)
-Child of Light - Own this on Vita and I loved what I played of it; beautiful art style, great controls and interesting combat system all made the game very special :D.
-Omega Quartet - JRPG by the team behind the Hyper Dimension series and while it is repordetly not the best JRPG for the system, it is one of the early 'big' ones. It has a interesting combat system and it looks like it might be fun :). And its on sale right now if your friend has PS+ too, so its a good deal at about 40 bucks (normally 60 bucks)
-Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4/Vita)- It is a Monster Hunter-like game made by Omega Force (Dynasty Warriors, Hyrule Warriors, Dragon Quest Heroes) and it is a great game; lots of weapon types, lots to fight and lots of gear to get. Didn't play much of the Vita version (never got around to getting it) but I heard great things about the title :D.

There are a few more RPG's your friend can play too, so here is the link to all the games on the PSN store: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...rce=Bing&utm_term=ps-ga-873&utm_content=Brand

Thanks!

Witcher 3
Bloodborne

Tizoc

Order 1886 is a bore alright, I played it on Easy but got bored by Ch. 10ish or whereabouts.

This is a game that would've been much better recieved in the PS360 era.

They could always make a sequel/successor that improves on it though.

RK128

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it!

Glad we can help man :).

Edit: Appearently, Mighty No. 9 ISN'T getting delayed according this article that a poster in a thread pointed out:

It was an error an Amazon's part about the an special edition of the game that isn't coming but that having no impact on the standard retail versions. If that article means anything, the game is still on track for its September release, but special editions might be pushed back or something.

^^ And according to a couple of posts later turns out the article used info from at least a week ago which is unrelated to the most recent delay rumour. Stupid me should've checked the dates on those screenshots. -_-

Anyway hopefully they give an answer soon to clean this mess.

RK128

^^ And according to a couple of posts later turns out the article used info from at least a week ago which is unrelated to the most recent delay rumour. Stupid me should've checked the dates on those screenshots. -_-

Anyway hopefully they give an answer soon to clean this mess.

Wow, so that article is wrong?

......Hope they clarify this with us soon, as the hate for Inafune is at an all time high thanks to the Red Ash Kickstater's really strange handling :(.

RK128

Just a heads up, FFXII Remaster got announced from FF composers! The link to the thread is here but this is great news, as a lot of people love this FF and it would be great to give newcomers a chance to experience on newer consoles.

....Hope it lands on Vita (like the FFX/X-2 HD Remasters) but I'm not holding my breath on that one :l.

RK128

FFXII Vita Remastered
pls oh pls

That would be amazing :'). Hope for that too, that way we can literally play every FF game on the Vita (1-9 through PSP/PS1 emulation, X/X-2/XII through HD remasters, XIII and XIII-2 through PS Now and a number of the spin-off games on PS1/PSP) :D.

Hikami

Just a heads up, FFXII Remaster got announced from FF composers! The link to the thread is here but this is great news, as a lot of people love this FF and it would be great to give newcomers a chance to experience on newer consoles.

....Hope it lands on Vita (like the FFX/X-2 HD Remasters) but I'm not holding my breath on that one :l.

Nice, been wanting to play this.

Still need to play FFX/X-2 HD though

cyborg009

Banned
And to be fair, that was more thanks to Studio Japan and the Concept developers, not him :l. If anything, he got Sony, Studio Japan and Concept together to make the game happen and nothing else.

Don't mean to be so critical of him, but how do you fuck up a Mega Man Legends successor Kickstarter X(! Its not HARD to make a good looking campaign I would imagine......

Ya I think he just gave the overall concept and left it to the rest of his employees to finish the rest.

Khronico

Preorded steins;gate and am eagerly awaiting the release!

I've also been plinking away at SAO HF here and there. Read some guides online and figured out most of the mechanics (still not sure how I want to build my char though). It's pretty fun.

FFXII Vita Remastered
pls oh pls

0_0

Yes please.

Glad we can help man :).

Edit: Appearently, Mighty No. 9 ISN'T getting delayed according this article that a poster in a thread pointed out:

It was an error an Amazon's part about the an special edition of the game that isn't coming but that having no impact on the standard retail versions. If that article means anything, the game is still on track for its September release, but special editions might be pushed back or something.
The article is definitely wrong. amazon.de didn't "disable" the retail versions, they never went up on the site in the first place. Which is quite strange for a game that's supposed to be out in a bit over a month.

RK128

The article is definitely wrong. amazon.de didn't "disable" the retail versions, they never went up on the site in the first place. Which is quite strange for a game that's supposed to be out in a bit over a month.

I made a mistake about that and I commented on it a few posts back; I guess we have to wait for an official announcements before we know for sure the game is delayed :l.

If anything, this makes me more curious about the Vita and 3DS version; if the console versions are pushed back, whats going to happen with the handheld ones.....

kunnikuman

Neo Member

The studio is called comcept, not Concept. Why would inafune get them together when that's Japan Studio job to bring studios together and make a project? MarvelousAQL is involved so it is not just a creation of comcept and Japan Studio.

And exactly what is a good looking campaign?

Top Bottom