• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

RK128

The studio is called comcept, not Concept. Why would inafune get them together when that's Japan Studio job to bring studios together and make a project? MarvelousAQL is involved so it is not just a creation of comcept and Japan Studio.

And exactly what is a good looking campaign?

Sorry for misspelling Comcept man :l.

I don't know Inafune's role in Soul Sacrifice as a whole, so you got me there. Not the biggest fan of him right now, so sorry if I came off as ignorant or anything.

If Red Ash had a similar campaign to say, Bloodstained or Yooka-Laylee, it would have been more successful.

autoduelist

Finally platinum'd operation abyss. Despite abysmal writing it is my favorite drpg on vita by far ... Fantastic dungeon design and solid combat system. Some flaws... Way too easy though they provide a way to make it sort of challenging at times ( hachis workout pack) and some ridiculous trophies and some unnecessary mechanics (I think I had a character become exhausted only twice, and once was when they introduced it.

I really enjoyed my time with the order. Worth the 20 I paid. Didn't have any issues with the story, it flowed and was competent, if not particularly thrilling. Combat was fine, some unique weapons. Not my favorite game ever but better than many games that get far better treatment online.

RK128

Finally platinum'd operation abyss. Despite abysmal writing it is my favorite drpg on vita by far ... Fantastic dungeon design and solid combat system. Some flaws... Way too easy though they provide a way to make it sort of challenging at times ( hachis workout pack) and some ridiculous trophies and some unnecessary mechanics (I think I had a character become exhausted only twice, and once was when they introduced it.

I really enjoyed my time with the order. Worth the 20 I paid. Didn't have any issues with the story, it flowed and was competent, if not particularly thrilling. Combat was fine, some unique weapons. Not my favorite game ever but better than many games that get far better treatment online.

Glad you got through the bad story of Operation Abyss and still really enjoying the game :D. I know a bad story can be distracting in a RPG but its good if the core gameplay/dungeon design makes up for it :).

Also great that you enjoyed the Order too :D. Heard very mixed things about the game despite it being a Ready at Dawn title (one of the best PSP developers). It sounded like a solid narrative-themed shooter that got the core right but did nothing super special.

Doofcake

Finally bought my PS4 yesterday morning and played Rocket League all day. Can't wait to get back from work to continue with non-stop Rocket League :D
Haven't really played anything else yet. I got Minecraft with my PS4 for free for some reason so I played that a bit while waiting for Rocket League to download and sucked at MGSV:GZ a bit. Left Driveclub PS+ edition and TLoU:R downloading overnight.

Don't have any Playstation friends :(
Feel free to add me: Tsukino-Akane

Makikou

Anyone up for Borderlands Handsome Collection on PS4?
Really want to experience both games along with DLC but man does it suck alone. Draw an empty ticket on reddit too about co-op friends..

I'm GMT +3 but on vacation now.
PSN: Makikou72

Saphirax

Just a heads up, FFXII Remaster got announced from FF composers! The link to the thread is here but this is great news, as a lot of people love this FF and it would be great to give newcomers a chance to experience on newer consoles.

....Hope it lands on Vita (like the FFX/X-2 HD Remasters) but I'm not holding my breath on that one :l.

My body has been ready for over a year. If we're lucky - Gamescom, but it'll most likely be announced at TGS just like X was.

Benedict

Logged in to my PSN account and it says I have no money left.
Should be a couple of hundred swedish kronor there.
Somebody else have experienced the same?
Problems with the server?

Ambitious

Good lord, it blows my mind how godawful the web store is, especially the one in the PlayStation (iOS) app. What the fuck is wrong with their developers?

I opened the store within the app. I was not signed in anymore, for some reason. (I was signed in to the app itself, though). So I tapped Sign In and started to enter my email address. Each time I tapped a button, the login dialog scrolled down like one pixel. When the email text field touched the onscreen keyboard, it scrolled up again. The hell is this shit?
Then I was unable to paste my password into the password field: You see, in order to paste clipboard content on iOS, you need to tap a textfield twice. The first tap puts the focus on the textfield and makes the keyboard appear, the second tap activates the Copy/Paste UI. When the keyboard appeared after the first tap, it shrinked the login dialog so the textfield wasn't visible anymore. Thus, I was unable to tap it, obviously.
Generally, the UI was all over the place at this point. While I tried to somehow focus the textfield, the login dialog kept resizing and repositioning itself spastically; trying to scroll within the dialog actually scrolled the store view behind the dialog and so on.

After I managed to enter my password, I got the standard OAuth success message. You know, "Successfully signed in. You will be returned to the previous app". Nothing happened. I closed the dialog and also the store. Back in the main view of the PS app, I tapped on the PS store icon only to see that I was signed out again. That's great. I entered my credentials again and selected "Remember my credentials" this time. The dialog closed itself and I was signed in. For the sake of testing, I closed the web store and reopened it. I was signed out. Mighty fine work. It's just broken.

And for some reason, every once in a while (every ~10-25 seconds?) a "Loading not possible" message shows up for a brief moment before disappearing again. (I actually had to record my screen and pause the recording it so I could read the message). It's irritating as fuck.

Don't even get me started on the responsiveness, (scrolling) performance and general UX. The web store is just garbage. It needs to be completely scrapped. And they might as well fire everyone involved in this mess. These people are clearly not capable of providing a web browsing experience adhering to modern (quality) standards and user expectations.

fake edit: After closing the web store once more, I was suddenly signed on from the PS app too. So I signed in again and tried opening the store another time. As expected, I was not signed in. I closed the store, and would you believe it: I'm now signed out from the PS app again. Garbage.

Good lord, it blows my mind how godawful the web store is, especially the one in the PlayStation (iOS) app. What the fuck is wrong with their developers?

I opened the store within the app. I was not signed in anymore, for some reason. (I was signed in to the app itself, though). So I tapped Sign In and started to enter my email address. Each time I tapped a button, the login dialog scrolled down like one pixel. When the email text field touched the onscreen keyboard, it scrolled up again. The hell is this shit?
Then I was unable to paste my password into the password field: You see, in order to paste clipboard content on iOS, you need to tap a textfield twice. The first tap puts the focus on the textfield and makes the keyboard appear, the second tap activates the Copy/Paste UI. When the keyboard appeared after the first tap, it shrinked the login dialog so the textfield wasn't visible anymore. Thus, I was unable to tap it, obviously.
Generally, the UI was all over the place at this point. While I tried to somehow focus the textfield, the login dialog kept resizing and repositioning itself spastically; trying to scroll within the dialog actually scrolled the store view behind the dialog and so on.

After I managed to enter my password, I got the standard OAuth success message. You know, "Successfully signed in. You will be returned to the previous app". Nothing happened. I closed the dialog and also the store. Back in the main view of the PS app, I tapped on the PS store icon only to see that I was signed out again. That's great. I entered my credentials again and selected "Remember my credentials" this time. The dialog closed itself and I was signed in. For the sake of testing, I closed the web store and reopened it. I was signed out. Mighty fine work. It's just broken.

And for some reason, every once in a while (every ~10-25 seconds?) a "Loading not possible" message shows up for a brief moment before disappearing again. (I actually had to record my screen and pause the recording it so I could read the message). It's irritating as fuck.

Don't even get me started on the responsiveness, (scrolling) performance and general UX. The web store is just garbage. It needs to be completely scrapped. And they might as well fire everyone involved in this mess. These people are clearly not capable of providing a web browsing experience adhering to modern (quality) standards and user expectations.

fake edit: After closing the web store once more, I was suddenly signed on from the PS app too. So I signed in again and tried opening the store another time. As expected, I was not signed in. I closed the store, and would you believe it: I'm now signed out from the PS app again. Garbage.

Servers are down, everything is buggy.

Hikami

Finally bought my PS4 yesterday morning and played Rocket League all day. Can't wait to get back from work to continue with non-stop Rocket League :D
Haven't really played anything else yet. I got Minecraft with my PS4 for free for some reason so I played that a bit while waiting for Rocket League to download and sucked at MGSV:GZ a bit. Left Driveclub PS+ edition and TLoU:R downloading overnight.

Don't have any Playstation friends :(
Feel free to add me: Tsukino-Akane

Congrats on the PS4, Rocket League was all I played as well when I got mine. Got the platinum and I'm too burnt out on the game to continue for now though. MGS was hard at first for me since I'd never played any other game in the series. Once you figure out that stealth is actually good in the game though and rushing will get you killed, it becomes pretty fun.

RK128

Just saw this in the 350+ Vita Games Thread and how come I never heard of this before?!

* Land of No Night - Beautiful JRPG from Koei Tecmo and developer Gust with PLENTY of new media to share with you guys. The game is due out in Japan on September 17, 2015. Here is a trailer showcasing some of the game's universe. Here's another trailer detailing the game. Here's yet another trailer detailing the game's weapons, servants and transformations.
YnnK_06-19-15.jpg

013_thumb7.jpg

001_thumb6.jpg

013_thumb9.jpg

017_thumb5.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_06-28-15_007.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_06-28-15_001.jpg

0104.jpg

0125.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_07-12-15_Top.jpg

Yoru-no-Nai-Kuni_07-12-15_011.jpg

022_thumb5.jpg

THAT looks amazing :D! Its visuals and gameplay look to mirror Ar no Surge in a number of areas......and with me really wanting to try Ar no Surge out this fall, I know I have to get this game in the future :).

So far its only confirmed as a JP release this fall but it might be localized in the future (other Gust games came over, so this one should too; its not like Ciel No Surge which had a number of issues preventing its NA/EU translation. This one is a JRPG, so it should be manageable to localize it :D).

N° 2048

Just saw this in the 350+ Vita Games Thread and how come I never heard of this before?!

THAT looks amazing :D! Its visuals and gameplay look to mirror Ar no Surge in a number of areas......and with me really wanting to try Ar no Surge out this fall, I know I have to get this game in the future :).

So far its only confirmed as a JP release this fall but it might be localized in the future (other Gust games came over, so this one should too; its not like Ciel No Surge which had a number of issues preventing its NA/EU translation. This one is a JRPG, so it should be manageable to localize it :D).

yea as soon as I saw this I put in my list of games I hope get localized.

the art pops really well.

RK128

yea as soon as I saw this I put in my list of games I hope get localized.

the art pops really well.

I have a feeling Koei will bring it over; Ar No Surge Plus and the Ateler games sell well on Vita, so they know Gusts RPG's are valued in the west :).

I can't wait to hear localization news on this, as if its close to Ar No Surge in gameplay/story.....it will be a great game for me next year :D.

Edit: And after watching one of the trailers, the game apparently has elements from Folklore and Pokemon (the servants) now?! Day one man XD.

What's the over/under on this FF XII remaster (rumored) coming to Vita? It has to, right?

People keep saying its coming to Vita alongside PS3 and/or PS4 due to that happening with the X/X-2 Remaster. And since JP is still a important market for the Vita in the eyes of JP publishers/developers, I strongly feel that they will put the remaster on a platform they know it will sell on (Vita) and a platform to help push consoles (PS4).

Saphirax

I have a feeling Koei will bring it over; Ar No Surge Plus and the Ateler games sell well on Vita, so they know Gusts RPG's are valued in the west :).

I can't wait to hear localization news on this, as if its close to Ar No Surge in gameplay/story.....it will be a great game for me next year :D.

People keep saying its coming to Vita alongside PS3 and/or PS4 due to that happening with the X/X-2 Remaster. And since JP is still a important market for the Vita in the eyes of JP publishers/developers, I strongly feel that they will put the remaster on a platform they know it will sell on (Vita) and a platform to help push consoles (PS4).

Maybe you forgot about it? It's been posted in this thread aplenty, albeit under its japanese name 'Yoru no Nai Kuni' :p.

RK128

Maybe you forgot about it? It's been posted in this thread aplenty, albeit under its japanese name 'Yoru no Nai Kuni' :p.

O_O!

Well, now I feel stupid now XD. No wonder so many keep saying they want that game; its just that the English name was recently announced/translated or something....

iosefe

i'm about to pull the trigger on Tetris Ultimate for Vita.

thats the definitive tetris experience these days right?

i got 11 bucks, leaving me 5 for whatever is on sale starting tuesday night.

Tizoc

The def. Tetris Experience nowadays is Puyo Puyo Tetris :p
I think the Vita ver. should suffice though but PPT is better.

So.

Anime characters have Vitas too, you know...

aHygtsH.jpg

and it's worth mentioning that not all of them are nerds either; girls play too.

yc3g6M8.jpg

Sometimes they even play together,

KCAXuf8.jpg

and the games they play are just like ours.

GVVcXZc.jpg

The End

Bought Journey for PS4, ready to play it in one go. Hopefully it lives up to expectations!

It's a great game. You need to lower you expectations. Don't be disappointed if you don't have a life changing experience as described by people on GAF.

I got it for Vita and it runs well. It is a good game of Tetris. Does nothing extraordinary. It is Tetris.

Doofcake

Congrats on the PS4, Rocket League was all I played as well when I got mine. Got the platinum and I'm too burnt out on the game to continue for now though. MGS was hard at first for me since I'd never played any other game in the series. Once you figure out that stealth is actually good in the game though and rushing will get you killed, it becomes pretty fun.

Yeah, congrats on the platinum! MGSV:GZ is the first in the series for me as well and you're right, it does do stealth really well. I was not nearly patient enough when I first started off. :p

Yeah I'd say enthusiastically playing MonHun on a camping trip makes you a nerd regardless of your occupation.

Being a nerd isn't a bad thing

Yeah I'd say enthusiastically playing MonHun on a camping trip makes you a nerd regardless of your occupation.

Being a nerd isn't a bad thing

The enthusiastic player is Yusarin's sister, who shares her body.

But yeah, she's not a nerd - watch the show.

I'm a nerd, and love nerds - but that girl is not a nerd.

SerTapTap

Yesssss shmups please come back. Forget about last gen, it never happened. It is nothing but trash.

Heard of it plenty but yeah it looks great.

PS4 = shmup platform this gen?

It has absolutely no reason not to be. IIRC Sony being dicks about vertical shooters was the only reason they ended up on 360, and the Xbone is beyond dead so any "legacy" of the 360 is irrelevant

iosefe

I got it for Vita and it runs well. It is a good game of Tetris. Does nothing extraordinary. It is Tetris.

hmm

decisions, decisions...

i'm just worried something cooler will go on say for ten-ish and i wont be able to get it.

on the other hand, i love tetris and haven't played a proper one since my friend's Tetris DS

Tizoc

The enthusiastic player is Yusarin's sister, who shares her body.

But yeah, she's not a nerd - watch the show.

I'm a nerd, and love nerds - but that girl is not a nerd.

This is so confusing.
Is the girl an idol or is it the idol's sister?

Prelude.

PS4 = shmup platform this gen?
Shmup are so dead that you can be the lead platform with like 5 games.

So far the Xbone has more japanese support than the PS4 with Raiden V, Natsuki Chronicle and Shooting Love Trilogy. Also, Makoto Asada (ex-Cave producer and dev) is still a huge Xbox fanboy even if he's now at Mages. so if he makes some shmup you can bet they're gonna end on the Xbone. I'm curious to see where Cave is gonna go if they ever go back to consoles.

In unrelated news, Mr.Bitcoin is a pretty cool guy.

My copy of Demon Gaze arrived on Friday, and I had said I would share some comments on the game as a newcomer.

As I had mentioned before, the Dungeon Travelers 2 demo was my first experience with DRPGs, and on another member's recommendation, I got Demon Gaze to try out this genre.

I'm a couple hours in and I just finished clearing the first dungeon and getting my second demon, Mars, and have started on the second dungeon. I love the exploration and mapping. Trying to fill in every niche and corner so my map is perfectly complete is a surprising amount of fun, and while there are random encounters, they are uncommon enough that it doesn't make exploring feel like a chore (*cough most other JRPGs cough*).

The first dungeon definitely required some grinding. My first first time encountering Mars in each of the two times that happens in the dungeon ended badly (and quickly). A bit of grinding and a third party member and I was able to beat the first one, and then some grinding and a few equipment upgrades and I took down Mars' final form, though it was a tough fight. Fortunately, the grind was actually fun. Because random battles are uncommon, most fights were ones I picked, either through those "monster icons" or through the Summon Circles. And that made the grind a lot less frustrating that it is in other RPGs. Every battle felt like it had a point, either large amounts of XP for the more challenging ones, or at the very least, a piece of loot I could sell to account for the Rent in some of the easier ones. Though, now that I'm on the second dungeon, it feels a lot easier. I'm just steamrolling through everything I find. It makes me wonder if I was intended to do the dungeons at the same time, jumping from one to the other when one got too hard to level up in an easier part of the other, or something like that.

The party member stuff is a mixed bag. While being able to completely customize my team is really nice, I miss the party dynamics that come with having set characters. I feel like, ideally, there'd be a mix of those two extremes. Characters come with pre-set appearances and personalities, but you can set their class yourself. But on the whole, it's a minor detractor and I'm still having fun. I wish there was a way to try out or at least learn a bit more about the classes, though. Creating a character completely blind of their eventually abilities is not my ideal way of creating a good, long-term party.

So, on the whole, I'm enjoying the game. Assuming I still feel the same come the end, I'm probably going to have to delve deeper into this genre.

Top Bottom