• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

pariah164

Hey guys,

I've been following Neogaf ever since I got a PS Vita (I think around Dec 2012) and finally my account has been activated. So now I can finally post and contribute to this beautiful community. My main gaming platform is PS Vita but I also play games once in a while on PC. Planning to get a PS4 some time soon.

I really like JRPGs so i'm satisfied with Vita a lot (though some more localizations wouldn't hurt). Some of my favourite games for the system so far are; DR 1-2, Steins Gate, Muramasa-Dragon's Crown (love Vanillaware's work) and YS Memories of Celceta.

Anyways, this is my short introduction of myself and I hope we get along well!
Welcome to VitaGAF! Nice intro. You're in for a fun ride. My PSN name is the same as my username, so feel free to add me.

TotP: Buy Ultra Despair Girls (only after playing Danganronpa 1 & 2) and buy Persona 4: Dancing All Night when it drops in September.

Ponn

Banned
Debating getting OP Pirate Warriors 3 on Vita or PS4. Remote Play works great for me so it seems like the best option.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Debating getting OP Pirate Warriors 3 on Vita or PS4. Remote Play works great for me so it seems like the best option.

In general to get the most out of the "warriors" series games, do not buy the hand held versions if you have the option to get the console one available.

Hey guys,

I've been following Neogaf ever since I got a PS Vita (I think around Dec 2012) and finally my account has been activated. So now I can finally post and contribute to this beautiful community. My main gaming platform is PS Vita but I also play games once in a while on PC. Planning to get a PS4 some time soon.

I really like JRPGs so i'm satisfied with Vita a lot (though some more localizations wouldn't hurt). Some of my favourite games for the system so far are; DR 1-2, Steins Gate, Muramasa-Dragon's Crown (love Vanillaware's work) and YS Memories of Celceta.

Oh, a list of Vita JRPG's without P4G! you are a interesting person...

kurahador

slogging through DR2. really dont like the sword blade trial game, don't understand it

That and the Hangman's Gambit are the worse part of DR2.

Oh yeah, that blade trial thing...you can use analog stick to slash.
I just knew about it when replaying the game for platinum.

autoduelist

Had a chance to play some online mp games for ps4 last night and tonight. Dang i miss when i could invest countless hours into these things, get good, learn the maps, know people... instead of running around like a moron getting killed from every direction.

Simply no way in hell do i have enough time to spend to learn everything again, even for the ones i once loved (battlefield, tlou mp, cs go, etc) but... I miss it.

Tohsaka

In general to get the most out of the "warriors" series games, do not buy the hand held versions if you have the option to get the console one available.

Yeah, I pre-ordered the PS4 version myself. I skipped Pirate Warriors 2 because it released too close to the first game and felt like a cash-in. People say this game is really good, though.

Parakeetman

Yeah, I pre-ordered the PS4 version myself. I skipped Pirate Warriors 2 because it released too close to the first game and felt like a cash-in. People say this game is really good, though.

Yeah the 3rd one is supposed to be really good.

Powwa

Oh, a list of Vita JRPG's without P4G! you are a interesting person...

Lol, I forgot to mention P4G, I love Persona as well, just forgot to add it to the list.

And thanks everyone for your welcoming replies. By the way I wanted to play Fantasy Hero and Damascus Gear but Arc System Works didn't release these game for EU(At least half of the European countries were missing last time I checked), will they ever release these games for the missing countries or is it a lost cause?

bobohoro

Pirate Warriors 2 was miles better than the first one and is easily one of the better/best musou games. Pirate Warriors 3 seems to build on that and is an easy recommendation for One Piece/Musou fans.

Will get the PS4 version myself, still unsure if I'll be there day-1 or a week later though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Damn I want to platinum Akiba's Trip, i made i don't even know how many playtroughs but i still haven't enough lower body clothing items... :mad:

Another thing that i hated is that after finishing the game at the highest difficulty i didn't get the lower difficulties trophies.

I usually finish a game only one time though, so it made many things right :)

Whew, I finished MGS 3 last night and put about an hour into 4 before going to bed. Just 10 days to finish 3 (well, 2 1/2) games when it normally takes me three months to finish one. Wonder if I'll make it...

In other news, I went to Best Buy for something unrelated and, of course, wandered over to the games section. I was surprised to see they had 4 or 5 copies of Dungeon Travelers 2, and they were all displayed prominently among the new releases. $32 later, and I've now gone from never having played a DRPG to owning three in a period of about two weeks (
I blame Shizuka
). So now that's in the queue for once I make it through September.

Zhao_Yun

So many users banned in the USGamer article thread. Stay safe Vita-GAF.

Hey guys,

Welcome!
Always nice to see another Vita-enthusiast on the forum :)

https://youtu.be/We3ZHvaqB98

I want this game so bad.

Edit:I am allowed to post videos, right?

So hyped for this game! I hope Xseed announces a localization soon.

bobohoro

That thread was an obvious graveyard from the very beginning. :O

Finally started Blooborne and it's glorious. But man, I'm so weak to horror elements, always have been, which makes for a pretty tense and draining playing experience. And I'm only a few areas in and, from some slight spoilers, know it will get way worse. Already dread the obligatory spider enemies. But the blood pumping boss fights and stealthy exploration will push me on through the night, I guess.

Ohnonono

That being said from what I understand it is a pretty great port if you want to go portable. I am really excited for PW3!

Had a chance to play some online mp games for ps4 last night and tonight. Dang i miss when i could invest countless hours into these things, get good, learn the maps, know people... instead of running around like a moron getting killed from every direction.

Simply no way in hell do i have enough time to spend to learn everything again, even for the ones i once loved (battlefield, tlou mp, cs go, etc) but... I miss it.

This is how I feel every time I play Destiny after an extended time off. It was even more jarring when they changed some details in the maps.

I can confirm that the new COD is super fun.

I'm so excited for this game, I can't wait until it comes out. I haven't had this much fun since the original Black Ops.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161361013&postcount=477

Also if you look through that thread you can see the usual circus of stupid that got the game banned from discussion at GAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1029061

Super late on this, but what I find is funny is that discussion was banned when localization happened. Yet, there is an old OT from before.

Parakeetman

Super late on this, but what I find is funny is that discussion was banned when localization happened. Yet, there is an old OT from before.

Thing is I ran the OT pretty tight same with how it was created, so while it may have been a fanservice heavy title at the same time all who posted stuck to the topic of the actual game itself rather than the problematic posting that went on in the localization announcement thread.

As a result the OT got locked after that, which is not surprising considering that the mods will want to prevent folks funneling into the thread and shitting up the forums basically.

VLiberty

Does anyone know if any post was deleted from the usgamer thread? Because if not, some of those bans look crazy to say the least

I'm waiting for Play-Asia to ship my DouTei 2 (LOL), poor ass me choose the regular shipping but I didn't think it will take this long.
Any tips for a novice to drpgs? What builds / classes should I invest my time in? I think the 9.99$ DLC on the USPSN is bugged right now so I wont have the double exp to grind other characters. Prior drpg exp is only Eliminage PSP (Gothic?) and Demon's Gaze, plus some mobile only games so I am really a greenhorn to the genre.

Does anyone know if any post was deleted from the usgamer thread? Because if not, some of those bans look crazy to say the least

I believe it was the Figure GAF thread that was closed with a rant by a mod who claimed that Akihabara was the most disgusting place on earth. Apparently, this person finds the sale of pieces of plastic shaped like sexualized anime girls to be more objectionable than the actual treatment of people in places like the Middle East and North Korea. So I'm not surprised by much on here anymore.

Shizuka

I'm waiting for Play-Asia to ship my DouTei 2 (LOL), poor ass me choose the regular shipping but I didn't think it will take this long.
Any tips for a novice to drpgs? What builds / classes should I invest my time in? I think the 9.99$ DLC on the USPSN is bugged right now so I wont have the double exp to grind other characters. Prior drpg exp is only Eliminage PSP (Gothic?) and Demon's Gaze plus some mobile only games so I am really a greenhorn to the genre.

Go with your regular party: one fighter, one defender, one black mage, one white mage and a maid (etoile should be her final class).

This is how I feel every time I play Destiny after an extended time off. It was even more jarring when they changed some details in the maps.

I'm so excited for this game, I can't wait until it comes out. I haven't had this much fun since the original Black Ops.
Taken King is looking good... I thought I was over and done with the game. But the changes they are making look so good. Then there's BO3 which is super fun. Plus all the handheld stuff coming in the next few months? And the fact that I keep buying games and not playing them because of MH4? Gaaaaah. Got DT2, have I played it yet? Nope. Will I play it. Who the heck knows. Gotta grind my next armour set and Charge Blade.

Saphirax

Any tips for a novice to drpgs? What builds / classes should I invest my time in? I think the 9.99$ DLC on the USPSN is bugged right now so I wont have the double exp to grind other characters. Prior drpg exp is only Eliminage PSP (Gothic?) and Demon's Gaze, plus some mobile only games so I am really a greenhorn to the genre.

Nothing to do with the shipping you chose. It's because PA is waiting for new stock. Says on their website they should be getting them tomorrow.

What's the issue with the DLC? I haven't been following it

RK128

Saw that too :(. My posts in the thread are still present, so I'm safe (for now at least....). Goes to show that we cannot have a discussion on JP games at all on Gaf :l.

VVVVVV comes out next week (PS4/Vita). Is this really happening? Not a PS+ game.

via Wario64.

That is great news :D! Will get the game when it gets a good sale in the future :).

RK128

Sorry to be talking about Rayman again, but I just found out that Rayman 3 got a vocal theme XD! It was cut from the HD port for some reason, but just give this a listen :'). Its like the series went all Sonic Adventure with its themes XD! Sounds quite good to me and its interesting seeing the Rayman series used vocal tracks (which Raving Rabbids used latter on as well).

I guess I just want more 3D platformers to land on consoles again after thinking about things; we got tons of great 2D platformers, but I would love to see great 3D platformers come back to consoles again.

Yooka-Laylee, Poi (if it gets funded), A Hat in Time, and others are coming to PS4/X1/Wii U, but it would be nice if more come soon :).

A Rayman 4, Ape Escape 4, a new 3D Sonic from Sonic Team, and games that are coming like the PS4 Ratchet look fantastic :D.

Edit: Sir TapTap, Vylash, WhirlwindMonk, and Tohsaka got banned?! ......Hope you come back to Gaf soon guys :'(.

Shengar

Edit: Sir TapTap, Vylash, WhirlwindMonk, and Tohsaka got banned?! ......Hope you come back to Gaf soon guys :'(.

Word of advice: only stick to OT, community, and game news thread that you have interest in to keep your account (and sanity) safe.

RK128

Word of advice: only stick to OT, community, and game news thread that you have interest in to keep your account (and sanity) safe.

Honestly, after looking at a post in that thread that stated "Just look at their avatar can guess what post will say" really said everything about that thread :l.

My posts are still there, so I'm safe (thankfully...), and I don't plain on posting in that kind of thread in the future.

A damn shame you get banned right away, instead of getting a warning PM or something; could help preventing less bans....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
List of PSN releases next week:

http://www.psnstores.com/2015/08/playstation-store-sneak-peek-august-25th-2015/

PS4 Games
Calvino Noir
Dishonored Definitive Edition
I am Bread
Madden NFL 16
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Nova-111
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Shutshimi
Tina’s Toy Factory
Until Dawn
VVVVVV

PS3 Games
Madden NFL 16
Nova-111

Vita Games
Amnesia: Memories
Nova-111
Steins;Gate
VVVVVV

Wow, I wonder what it took to get banned.

Def stay out of controversial threads.
There are certain things that are better left unsaid, and certain topics that are better left untouched. It wasn't the fact that it was a thread about Japanese games, or the Vita itself. It was the nature of said games, and certain views by certain folks that led to a huge amount of bans. Sometimes it's better to keep quiet, and move along. At the end of the day, this is always what happens, no matter the thread, even if you think you are right. We all know the rules around here, either we abide by them or get the hammer on our heads lol.

Just saw the Xanadu trailer. The gameplay looks nice, fast and fluid, but I can't help but wish that the in-game cutscenes weren't as robotic as they are. I know about hardware limitations and all that stuff, but it makes the scenes have a little impact in my opinion. I prefer cut-outs/stills over scenes acted by robot looking characters :p

Stanng243

PS4 Games
Calvino Noir
I am Bread
Madden NFL 16
Nova-111
Shutshimi
Tina’s Toy Factory
Until Dawn
VVVVVV

PS3 Games
Madden NFL 16
Nova-111

Vita Games
Nova-111
Steins;Gate
VVVVVV

Very nice. I really want I am bread. Looks hilarious.

RK128

PS4 Games
Calvino Noir
I am Bread
Madden NFL 16

Nova-111
Shutshimi
Tina’s Toy Factory
Until Dawn
VVVVVV

PS3 Games
Madden NFL 16
Nova-111

Vita Games
Nova-111
Steins;Gate
VVVVVV

Wow, the PS4 and Vita are PACKED with games for the upcoming week XD!

PS4 owners really should check out Dishonored and Until Dawn :). The former should be fun if its a solid remaster (no word on if that will be the case or not) and the latter promises B-Horror goodness, so what's not to love XD. Its like getting a playable Scream or Cabin in the Woods game :').

Tizoc

I clicked it and it didn't send me to a refund page. Sorry if that didn't helpyou Tizoc :(.

No worries mate, I was actually trying to see if I'm the only one encountering this issue.
Sony's live chat service has been gone for a few days now and I've been wanting to get a refund on a game :/

RK128

No worries mate, I was actually trying to see if I'm the only one encountering this issue.
Sony's live chat service has been gone for a few days now and I've been wanting to get a refund on a game :/

Hope your refund issue gets resolved in the future buddy :(; it sucks that you spent money on something and it didn't work out right X(.

There are certain things that are better left unsaid, and certain topics that are better left untouched. It wasn't the fact that it was a thread about Japanese games, or the Vita itself. It was the nature of said games, and certain views by certain folks that led to a huge amount of bans. Sometimes it's better to keep quiet, and move along. At the end of the day, this is always what happens, no matter the thread, even if you think you are right. We all know the rules around here, either we abide by them or get the hammer on our heads lol.

Just saw the Xanadu trailer. The gameplay looks nice, fast and fluid, but I can't help but wish that the in-game cutscenes weren't as robotic as they are. I know about hardware limitations and all that stuff, but it makes the scenes have a little impact in my opinion. I prefer cut-outs/stills over scenes acted by robot looking characters :p

The bolded is so right man; some topics are better left 'alone' rather then discussed online; there are rules on Gaf and if we don't following them....tough luck on us :l. Just glad I'm still here (posted in that thread) at least :D!

And I gotta see that Xanadu trailer latter too, but its good to hear that the gameplay looks like a ton of fun :D. Story in an action-heavy game sometimes tends to suffer but if the gameplay is strong, then that's all that matters :). ....Unless Xandu is an action RPG...and if that is the case, then I guess they need to work on the cut-scenes a bit more then :).

Shengar

I know this is true, but it still frustating for not being able to say what I want to say. OTs and the community threads are the best to commune with best gaffers I guess.

autoduelist

https://youtu.be/We3ZHvaqB98

I want this game so bad.

Edit:I am allowed to post videos, right?

Name of game please?

Yeah. It's... rough. I used to play so much Battlefield 2 that I would intentionally limit myself to only my C4 and a knife, and still often get the highest kill count. I was tank killer and house destroyer incarnate.

Now I'm playing HardLine, which is cops and robbers Battlefield... and I might as well just have my controller upside down. And i hate that I'll never be 'good' again, due to lack of time. I mean, don't get me wrong, i'm spending the time well [i'd rather spend time with my kid than a game] but I miss the sense of [virtual] community/etc.

Prior drpg exp is only Eliminage PSP (Gothic?) and Demon's Gaze

You'll be fine if you played Elminage.

What's the issue with the DLC? I haven't been following it

there is dlc? if i preordered it do i get it? I checked the vita's store and didn't see any... am i just blind?

That's sad. Hope they aren't perms.

Top Bottom