• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2015

Ohnonono

Hello guys :D.

Today is a big day for me as at 2:45PM, I will be taking my first teaching exam (ALST).....should be fun XD! I prepared for it and feel good about it, and knowing that I could retake it again in the future in case anything goes wrong makes me feel a lot better too. Wish me luck :D.

Moving on to on-topic things, decided to re-play Rayman Origins on Vita alongside Rayman 2: Revolution and Rayman 3 HD on PS3 (got in a Rayman mood after beating Rayman 2 PS1 on Vita :)). Origins looks fantastic on Vita while the 3D games on PS2 hold up really well.

Revolution takes the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 (best version) and adds more content to it (three hubs to explore, higher difficulty, new levels, Metroidvaina elements, ect). It comes with a hit in a few spots (no auto-save, long loading times, frame-rate not being stable) but considering I paid 3-5 bucks for this during a Rayman sale back in 2013, not a bad deal in the slightest.

Rayman 3 is a very odd game, as it removes a very important element form Rayman 2, the great feeling controls, but retains everything else that game had mechanically (Rayman still shoots with his fist, but instead of energy balls, its him throwing his fists like in Rayman 1, You still have the hovering ability, ect). The only new element is the costume powers that give you new moves (throwing a wind at objects, launching a rocket fist) or giving you powers you had in Rayman 2 (grabbing on objects to swing, unlimited flight for a short while).

They are fun to deal with but the game has a few issues sadly. The controls not feeling like how they do in Rayman 2 leads to things feeling very stiff, which makes platforming and combat a bit wonky at times. Rayman 3 also has issues running on PS3; due to it being a sloppy port of the PS2 version, the game has sound issues, unstable 60FPS and odd graphical issues (water is rainbow colored for some reason XD).

Its still a fun platformer and like Rayman Revolution, got this at a steal price (4-5 bucks), so I don't mind its issues to much :). I just wonder how many times the game will get ported in the future XD!

Honestly surprised the X1, PS4, Vita, and Wii U didn't get Rayman 2 and Rayman 3 ports yet :'); Ubi likes to port the former to everything at this point XD.

The 2 Rayman Vita ports are friggin amazing games.

RK128

The 2 Rayman Vita ports are friggin amazing games.

They have to be some of the most beautiful 2D games on the platform :').

Running at Native Res and at 60 FPS with no cut-content from the console versions really help the games feel the 'best' on Vita in my eyes :).

When I got my Vita, Origins was one of the first games I wanted on the console as I just wanted to see how beautiful it would look on the OLED screen :').

RK128

Damn straight. I did not like any of the earlier Rayman games especially the first 2D PS1 game. The Vita 2D games are easily on my top 10 2D platformers of all time and I have played a lot of them.

Origins sits on that list for me too :D. I feel that the 2D games are so strong due to capturing the spirit of classic 2D Sonic games and/or DKC.

You have a lot of speed and you build that up using momentum (the dash attack, dash attack + jump, jumping from wall to wall when running on walls, ect), leading to the time attacks being really fun to nail :D.

Legends while the weaker game of the two, really nails that feeling more then Origins due to more levels having that mindset in mind alongside the Invasion Stages and Music Levels being some of the best Sonic-like gameplay I have ever played in years XD! The timing of your jumps and attacks, how the levels keep throwing things at you; the pure highlight of Legends for me :').

Hope we get a third 2D Rayman that 'closes' things off and I am very interested in seeing how the team at Ubisoft keeps what makes new 2D Rayman so great in 3D (they can't go back to Rayman 2's gameplay again).

Shizuka

I think this is pretty big, but the Muv-Luv Kickstarter is confirmed to have a Vita stretch goal (from r/Vita), with possible PS4 and Android stretch goals as well:

PsbW2DJ.jpg

RK128

Closing off my thoughts on Rayman, I wonder why the Vita still didn't get ports of Rayman 2: Revolution and Rayman 3 HD; the Vita is more then powerful to run both games and it should be a simple port (lock both at 30FPS and your good :)).

I only say this as Ubi ported Rayman 2 to EVERYTHING (PS1, PS2, Dreamcast, GBC, GBA (through Rayman 3 Advance), Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, PC, ect), so them making a Vita port of Revolution or the Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 is possible (maybe they could get it to run at 60FPS on Vita; not likely but a nice thought).

Rayman 3 HD would be the easier of the two to port (as they could just take the PS3 version of the game and throw on the Vita), but I would like both games :). Maybe a Rayman Collection which includes Rayman 2, Rayman 3, Origins and Legends on one cart (Rayman 3 being download ala Sly in the Sly Collection) would be cool :D.

bobohoro

I think this is pretty big, but the Muv-Luv Kickstarter is confirmed to have a Vita stretch goal (from r/Vita), with possible PS4 and Android stretch goals as well:

Muvluv on Vita? That would be quite awesome.

Reminds me that I need to start Steins;Gate already.

ryseing

I can confirm that the new COD is super fun.

The one match I played was decent. Had connection issues ever since. Hoping to get some more time in tonight.

I tend to stick to one MP shooter and Battlefront looks like it'll be filling that slot, so dunno if I'm going to pick it up.

Closing off my thoughts on Rayman, I wonder why the Vita still didn't get ports of Rayman 2: Revolution and Rayman 3 HD; the Vita is more then powerful to run both games and it should be a simple port (lock both at 30FPS and your good :)).

You're making me think about a HD Collection I didn't even know I wanted, now. Thanks man :(

Still itching for that Ape Escape HD Collection too (On the Loose + 2 + 3). Man, that would be awesome.

SerTapTap

Speaking of Ape Escape I wish Sony would let their SCEJ take a stab at some of those old series and make some new small stuff. Really miss the likes of Loco Roco, Patapon, even stuff like The Last Guy was weird fun. For stuff as old as Ape Escape and Jumping Flash even a remaster would be nice.

Well, I'm on the Volgin fight. Hopefully I can finish MGS 3 tonight. That'll leave me about a week and a half to finish 4 and Peace Walker before V launches. Don't know if I'm going to make it or not...

Thankfully, the rest of the year is pretty clear for me. Danganronpa AE, Persona DAN, and Grisaia are about it until November-ish, when Clannad was tentatively predicted. I'll have Demon Gaze in the too, and possibly Dungeon Travelers 2, but that should all be doable by the end of the year.

ReaperXL7

Probably not but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a way to play Dragons Dogma on PS4. I have a JPN account and I downloaded it but a screen pops up when I start the game and I have no idea what it says. I'm guessing Capcom has blocked people from outside of Japan from playing it but I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knew a way around it.

I'll never understand why companies block people from accessing this kind of stuff because there is a high probability I'd support the game even if I had to buy jpn psn cards. Seems counterproductive to me.

Massa

Probably not but I wanted to ask if anyone knows if there is a way to play Dragons Dogma on PS4. I have a JPN account and I downloaded it but a screen pops up when I start the game and I have no idea what it says. I'm guessing Capcom has blocked people from outside of Japan from playing it but I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knew a way around it.

I'll never understand why companies block people from accessing this kind of stuff because there is a high probability I'd support the game even if I had to buy jpn psn cards. Seems counterproductive to me.

My first guess is that the beta only works during specific times of day.

ReaperXL7

My first guess is that the beta only works during specific times of day.

Ahh, that might be it. I thought it was the actual game, but I have seen others in which you cannot play unless your in JPN.

I played the Japanese version of Onigiri (which I thought was fun but flawed) though so Im not always sure how it works.

I'll have to see if I can dig up that information

SerTapTap

Hello guys :D.

Today is a big day for me as at 2:45PM, I will be taking my first teaching exam (ALST).....should be fun XD! I prepared for it and feel good about it, and knowing that I could retake it again in the future in case anything goes wrong makes me feel a lot better too. Wish me luck :D.

Good luck!

Try Google Translate if you have an Android phone, it's camera translation is reasonably accurate (if painful to do more than one screen at a time). Not familiar with the game itself, but I bumbled my way through a few games with the help of this.

IP blocks are annoying and I'd guess that's quite possibly what it is, if it's F2P with server costs and you can't pay in (local money) they have business reasons to prevent access.

Auctopus

What's the best way to leave a big game/file to download?

I'm downloading Battlefield 4 which is 36gb, it soared through the first 10gb but now it's taken 2-3 hours to do 800mb on Rest Mode.

Should I leave the menu on a certain page before putting on to Rest? I wanna leave it on Rest Mode tonight and during work tomorrow.

autoduelist

I'm mildly sad that i wasn't able to get one of those $100 New 3ds, as I really really want to play Etrian.

On the other hand, after buying and selling a 3ds, i don't know that I would have actually played it. Still.

Welp, back to my vita. [which is probably the same thing I'd have said had I got one]

RK128

Good luck, Sonic!

Good luck!

Good luck RK128 :).

all the best Sonic :3

Thank you :D!

Came back home a few minutes ago and complete the four-hour test in two hours and 20 minutes (talk about Sonic speed XD). It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be; it was on a computer (so I was able to type the essays with little issue), could go back to the multiple choice questions with little issue and the people there were really nice :).

Granted, the test was 150$ but still, its nice everything went well and even if I have to re-take the test in the future, I feel happy that I am confident I won't have to do that again.

And to top it all off, my job search might be a successful! Lake Success is having many job openings (GameStop, Italian Bakery/Food Store, Various department stores, ect) and I started giving applications today (with the weekend going to the other stores). I might land a good job for the year and that is really good news (would help with books and will make my mom very happy :)).

Good news abound today and I'm in a very happy mood :D. Guess it was from you guys wishing me luck on the test :).

RK128

You're making me think about a HD Collection I didn't even know I wanted, now. Thanks man :(

Still itching for that Ape Escape HD Collection too (On the Loose + 2 + 3). Man, that would be awesome.

Sorry about that :(; the thought sprang into my mind due to playing a lot of the series recently. Would love that on the Vita honestly :).

And Ape Escape Collection is LONG overdue honestly :l; the series hasn't gotten a traditional game since the third one back in 2006 X(. Would love that to be a future Collection for Sony :).

I'm mildly sad that i wasn't able to get one of those $100 New 3ds, as I really really want to play Etrian.

On the other hand, after buying and selling a 3ds, i don't know that I would have actually played it. Still.

Welp, back to my vita. [which is probably the same thing I'd have said had I got one]

The 2DS will be $100. I was thinking I should have gotten a 2DS because I hate holding my 3DS so much and that is why I rarely play it.

RK128

The 2DS will be $100. I was thinking I should have gotten a 2DS because I hate holding my 3DS so much and that is why I rarely play it.

If anyone is interested in the 3DS's software line up, just get a 2DS.

I wanted Smash badly last fall and I caved in and 'settled' with the 3DS version and a 2DS....best move I could have made :).

Got Kirby's Triple Deluxe, KH3D, Shinobi 3D, Majora's Mask 3D, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 8, Star Fox 64 3D, DKCR 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Shantae: Pirates Curse and tons more :D! Love the thing and thanks to IronHax, its not a little SNES box too boot :D.

Highly recommend picking up a 2DS if you have the slightest interest the handheld's software line up.

It really is a fantastic contrast to the Vita in a few ways and if feels nice owning both :D.

autoduelist

Honestly, i'd probably prefer the 2ds. so maybe I'll wait for a sale on that (or used) and get one for 75 ish. i won't get to play that... um.. . xeno something rpg (i think it was a wii game at one point), but whatever, i would get ds + etrian, right?

SerTapTap

Honestly, i'd probably prefer the 2ds. so maybe I'll wait for a sale on that (or used) and get one for 75 ish. i won't get to play that... um.. . xeno something rpg (i think it was a wii game at one point), but whatever, i would get ds + etrian, right?

If you have a wii u I think they're bringing Xenoblade (less ugly edition) to the digital store there. And it seems to be about the only retail exclusive. Heard surprisingly good things about the 2DS ergonomics-wise, but I like being able to pocket mine. I did want a cheap one for video capture but I'm not sure they ever ended up with a 2DS capture board

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is pretty cool btw. Nice twist on mystery dungeons, never properly managed a team before in one (closest is Pokemon MD where your partners are still dumb and useless). I'm sure you're more after the DRPGs though

Saphirax

Really? I hope it's more than 30 secs long.

Someone mentioned that Falcom's Facebook page said we'd be getting a trailer. It better be more than 30 seconds, they haven't shown anything substantial yet, just 2 second snippets of gameplay strewn across various trailers.

Powwa

Hey guys,

I've been following Neogaf ever since I got a PS Vita (I think around Dec 2012) and finally my account has been activated. So now I can finally post and contribute to this beautiful community. My main gaming platform is PS Vita but I also play games once in a while on PC. Planning to get a PS4 some time soon.

I really like JRPGs so i'm satisfied with Vita a lot (though some more localizations wouldn't hurt). Some of my favourite games for the system so far are; DR 1-2, Steins Gate, Muramasa-Dragon's Crown (love Vanillaware's work) and YS Memories of Celceta.

Anyways, this is my short introduction of myself and I hope we get along well!

Tapejara

Hey guys,

I've been following Neogaf ever since I got a PS Vita (I think around Dec 2012) and finally my account has been activated. So now I can finally post and contribute to this beautiful community. My main gaming platform is PS Vita but I also play games once in a while on PC. Planning to get a PS4 some time soon.

I really like JRPGs so i'm satisfied with Vita a lot (though some more localizations wouldn't hurt). Some of my favourite games for the system so far are; DR 1-2, Steins Gate, Muramasa-Dragon's Crown (love Vanillaware's work) and YS Memories of Celceta.

Welcome!

Saphirax

No Amnesia: Memories review code yet. I'll have to write the OT and bound to find spoilers now.

Saw someone on PSProfiles playing the game.

You don't really have to make a fancy OT. You can just use the info from the Amnesia website and the images that IFI released.

Shizuka

Saw someone on PSProfiles playing the game.

You don't really have to make a fancy OT. You can just use the info from the Amnesia website and the images that IFI released.

Those people have european profiles, I'm not sure they're playing with review codes.

RK128

Hey guys,

Welcome to Vita Gaf buddy :D!

sojZJWF.gif

And great first post too :).

If you need any gaming recommendations, feel free to ask, as we can help you a lot with that :D.

I know everyone here helped me get a number of games when I first joined Gaf :D.

Edit: Thanks for sharing that Gif in that 350+ Games Thread Shizuka :D. ...And this the first time I posted a Gif on Gaf XD!

Hey guys,

Welcome to the land of the posting! :)

Those people have european profiles, I'm not sure they're playing with review codes.

Review codes have gone out.

autoduelist

I am really enjoying the game I got in the mail a couple days ago. Still early on, but loving it.

If you have a wii u I think they're bringing Xenoblade (less ugly edition) to the digital store there. And it seems to be about the only retail exclusive. Heard surprisingly good things about the 2DS ergonomics-wise, but I like being able to pocket mine. I did want a cheap one for video capture but I'm not sure they ever ended up with a 2DS capture board

Etrian Mystery Dungeon is pretty cool btw. Nice twist on mystery dungeons, never properly managed a team before in one (closest is Pokemon MD where your partners are still dumb and useless). I'm sure you're more after the DRPGs though

No WiiU, and there isn't one in my future. I have no need for it to fit in my pocket and prefer ergonomics, so maybe that's the device for me. On deep sale. I wish I knew someone with one so I could just borrow it for a bit and get my fix (or decide to buy one).

Hey guys,

Welcome!

kng3025

Hey guys,

Welcome! The Vita has been my go to system for a while now, and is my JRPG machine. If you're looking to add new people, my psn ID is the same as my username.

Top Bottom