• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Not sure if posted yet, but Sony has made messages a separate app now, at least on Android. It looks so much better now (material design) and performance is significantly improved as well.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playstation.mobilemessenger

j4zBJsZOZV7H-AT6Q8BrqP_THKo3p9XP5zg7NEHTXmtAmYjf0xtolJkini-2OApvdLm8=h310-rw

yCqDxGUmOzWdfYVd_BO-lswJ11Ms_Ldu6icQaSLKHtX30gfCwKHwYxeXtpa-ANBloU0N=h310-rw

shmoglish

So, what are people playing?

Fallout 4 (Ps4 or via PsTv)
Freedom Wars (PsVita or PsTv)
Nuclear Throne (PsVita)
BigFest (PsVita)

And when I am at home I play all of the above plus Rocket League, Bfront and Blops 3 (online multiplayer 60fps games via PsTv are not that good).

Fallout 4 (Ps4 or via PsTv)
Freedom Wars (PsVita or PsTv)
Nuclear Throne (PsVita)
BigFest (PsVita)

And when I am at home I play all of the above plus Rocket League, Bfront and Blops 3 (online multiplayer 60fps games via PsTv are not that good).

Finally, one person that plays BigFest. How far into the game are you?

redcrayon

Bastion and Nuclear Throne at the moment.

Just finished Rocketbirds HBC which I really enjoyed, and before that was Trails SC ( all on the Vita).

Still debating whether to pick up the Ratchet and Clank trilogy while it's on sale, it looks like my kind of thing. Recent sales have left with with a backlog to play through first though: Soldner X, Gaia Seed, Metal Slug X and Arc the Lad 3 are all waiting for my attention. I know lots of people have little interest in playing older stuff but I didn't play many PSone or PSP titles at the time so it's a treasure trove for me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I was trying to clear some backlog but now i'm stuck into terraria XD

So what you're basically saying now is that Vita owners are able to build a retail collection as long as they're willing to buy it online. I'm glad we finally agree.
Can vita owner buy Digimon retail for example? Do everyone want to buy those retail lego games for example? Is buying on internet really ok for everyone?

You expect everyone to like the available retail games, always willing to buy on internet and being ok with many games not being retail, but only a limited numbers of gamers is like that, that's not how all people think, not everyone is like you.

Being able to make a retail collection means being able to buy all the games i want easily, that's what people want, being able to buy a very limited set of games(a good number of them being lego and kids games) mostly on internet is not what most of the people want, in fact shops shelves with few vita games are clearly one of the reasons of vita's bad reputation and sales imo.

I'm an "hardcore" gamer and i'm used to buy games on internet, i own probably a hundred of vita games but as much as i love retail i only have 7 retail games because either some of the games i want are not retail or i can find them only on internet, so i end buying them on psn because it's easier, faster and even cheaper thanks to frequent sales.

Kudo

Just grabbed my new Dualshock 4 from the store.
Was kinda nervous after reading various experiences with the warranty and my issue being jittery movement in left stick, thought it'd be something they wouldn't notice and just return my broken controller to me.
Props to Sony, completely painless and it took only week. Here's one happy customer.

Takao

Banned
Summon Night 5 for PSP®/PSVita 12.15.2015!

We're still waiting for the UMDs to complete the physical versions of Summon Night 5, but we've decided to put the game up on PSN and send out the codes to everyone that purchased the physical+digital version so the game can actually be played while we wait the seemingly eternal wait for the last (and arguably most important) piece we need to ship the physical version.

And so, Summon Night 5 will be on PSN next Tuesday, December 15th for anyone to purchase, and PSN codes will go out to those that bought the physical+digital bundle the day before so they are ready to download it once it's loaded in the PlayStation store!

SUMMON NIGHT 5 Game Description

When worlds collide and everything is turned upside-down, a new order SN5-final-cover.pngmust be created to keep chaos at bay. BandaiNamco’s Summon Night 5 is the continuing story of that order-keeping society, the Eucross, and the adventures their Summoners have keeping their world and the disparate races from the Otherworlds in balance. Players can choose to experience the story as rookie Summoners Folth or Arca, and one of four possible partners (their “Cross”), giving the game’s dialogue and feel a unique flavor on up to eight different playthroughs. What players see, and how the characters react depends on what characters are chosen at the beginning of each playthrough. But whatever choices a player makes, they’re in for a charming and sometimes tense Strategy-RPG adventure as they gradually unravel a plot that threatens the balance the Eucross is sworn to protect. The game features beautiful 2D and 3D art with battles presented in user-adjustable isometric perspective, and gorgeous animation that is a hallmark of Bandai Namco productions.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Price is $30.99

RK128

Valkyrie drive gameplay trailers...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duzhKzB7vIE
https://youtu.be/gv3QNTfw7zI

and english trophies!
http://www.exophase.com/game/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-ps-vita/trophies/

Localization incoming...

EDIT:
is it banned?

The gameplay looks like fun but.....its um....story seems to be far more suggestive then the developers past works and that turns me off the game a bit :l.

English Trophies could be for the English-Asian version of the game too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it got localized (the SK series got over for example).

Oh wow I thought $30 was expensive already so it was even more? Goddamn. Really hope it sells for the publisher's sake. I don't think a lot of people will be willing to spend that much on a PSP title. Fans aside.

It already sold 5k copies before it's even out, it'll be fine.

Flunkie

Banned

Danganronpa: Another Episode - Really loving this. On Chapter 4 now, and it keeps surprising me. I really love the gameplay. I know many don't, but I prefer a more actiony Danganronpa game. Sure, the characters aren't as good as 1 and 2, but for what it is, I'm liking it a hell of a lot more than what I thought I would, based on people's impressions.

Nuclear Throne on Vita: Perfect fit. Punchy, addictive twin stick shooter that is very difficult to walk away from. I keep thinking about playing it while playing other games.

Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin: Never played this, and finally started it on PC last week. Gorgeous game. I'm liking the combat system since it's very similar to SAO: HF and I've wanted more games like that recently. Speaking of SAO, I need to finish that too. Just a very long-winded game. I think I'm gonna give up going for specific trophies and just try to beat the game and do the trophies if I feel like it after I beat it. I'm currently on Floor 82 I think.

And of course Rocket League.

Danganronpa: Another Episode - Really loving this. On Chapter 4 now, and it keeps surprising me. I really love the gameplay. I know many don't, but I prefer a more actiony Danganronpa game. Sure, the characters aren't as good as 1 and 2, but for what it is, I'm liking it a hell of a lot more than what I thought I would, based on people's impressions.

Nuclear Throne on Vita: Perfect fit. Punchy, addictive twin stick shooter that is very difficult to walk away from. I keep thinking about playing it while playing other games.

Xenoblade Chronicles on Dolphin: Never played this, and finally started it on PC last week. Gorgeous game. I'm liking the combat system since it's very similar to SAO: HF and I've wanted more games like that recently. Speaking of SAO, I need to finish that too. Just a very long-winded game. I think I'm gonna give up going for specific trophies and just try to beat the game and do the trophies if I feel like it after I beat it. I'm currently on Floor 82 I think.

And of course Rocket League.
Not seeing SAO in this list.

Flunkie

Banned
Not seeing SAO in this list.

look again

PSA: Hot Shots Golf Vita is $3.38 with PS+ this week. BUY
Others: NepNep Rebirth 2 is $6
Tales of Hearts R is $12
NepNep Noire is $12
Xblaze Lost Memories is $12
Operation Abyss is $10
Geometry Wars 3 is $5
P4: DAN is $35

RK128

Hello everyone :).

A new sale went live and it has a number of great deals for the Vita if you have PS+:
-Tales of Hearts R: 11.99
-Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved: 8.84

-Dungeon Travelers 2: 27.99
-Misadeventures of Tron Bonne (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Farming Simulator '16: 24.49
-Neptuina ReBirth 2: 6.00
-Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy: 10.00
-Hyperdevotion Norie: 11.99
-Hot Shots Golf Vita: 3.38

-Spongebob Hero Pants: 14.69
-Thomas was Alone: (No Sale Price Is on the Page for me....don't know :l)
-OliOli 2: 3.75
-Invizimals The Resistance: 7.99
-Echo Night (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Aqua Kitty DX: 2.25

-Monsterbag: 4.99
-XBlaze Lost Memories: 12.00
-Sketchcross: 1.60
-Resogun: 5.00 (I think...)
-The Muppets Movie Adventures: 5.99
-Lost Dimension: 27.99
-Persona 4 Dancing All Night: 34.99
-Rollers of the Realm: 2.00
-Norn9: 23.99 (Not part of the sale but a different one)
-HTR+ Slot Car Simulation: 7.99 (Not part of sale but a different one)
-Code Realize: 23.99 (Not part of this sale but a different one)

Hope this helps and here is a link to the Vita portion of the sale; the games not part of the sale are in the 'New Vita Games' section of the PSN store. Hope this helps and happy shopping :D!

Edit: The bolded are steal prices :D!

Link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...TORE-MSF77008-HOLIDAYSALEGAMEG|platform~vita|

Xenoflare

Hello everyone :).

A new sale went live and it has a number of great deals for the Vita if you have PS+:
-Tales of Hearts R: 11.99
-Geometry Wars 3 Dimensions Evolved: 8.84

-Dungeon Travelers 2: 27.99
-Misadeventures of Tron Bonne (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Farming Simulator '16: 24.49
-Neptuina ReBirth 2: 6.00
-Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy: 10.00
-Hyperdevotion Norie: 11.99
-Hot Shots Golf Vita: 3.38

-Spongebob Hero Pants: 14.69
-Thomas was Alone: (No Sale Price Is on the Page for me....don't know :l)
-OliOli 2: 3.75
-Invizimals The Resistance: 7.99
-Echo Night (PS1 Classic): 1.50
-Aqua Kitty DX: 2.25

-Monsterbag: 4.99
-XBlaze Lost Memories: 12.00
-Sketchcross: 1.60
-Resogun: 5.00 (I think...)
-The Muppets Movie Adventures: 5.99
-Lost Dimension: 27.99
-Persona 4 Dancing All Night: 34.99
-Rollers of the Realm: 2.00
-Norn9: 23.99 (Not part of the sale but a different one)
-HTR+ Slot Car Simulation: 7.99 (Not part of sale but a different one)
-Code Realize: 23.99 (Not part of this sale but a different one)

Hope this helps and here is a link to the Vita portion of the sale; the games not part of the sale are in the 'New Vita Games' section of the PSN store. Hope this helps and happy shopping :D!

Edit: The bolded are steal prices :D!

Link: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...TORE-MSF77008-HOLIDAYSALEGAMEG|platform~vita|

Operation Abyss vs Tales of Hearts. Decisions decisions decisions

VLiberty

Sanzaru is at least decent at doing ports. I thought I had a mishearing when Bentley said "touchpad" in Sly 1. They've even dubbed the game to explain the new control mapping.

Compared to Mass Media's ports....

Top Bottom