• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Demon's Souls is the only game I've replayed more times than DS. Bloodborne is overall my favorite of the series, but oddly I burned out during the first hours of my second playthrough.

If it wasn't for the fact that I need to turn my PS3 on to play it, I'd probably play that one too.

ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE (ALL PRICES), November, 2015 (Oct 25th - Nov 21st)

Physical Software Sales by Format (Units)

PlayStation 4 - 1,754,030 (+41.4%)
Xbox One - 1,722,708 (+47.6%)
Xbox 360 - 393,762 (-52.6%)
PlayStation 3 - 196,881 (-58.1%)
Nintendo 3DS - 129,762 (-24.7%)
PC Software - 120,813 (-29.9%)
Nintendo Wii U - 98,440 (+14.3%)
Nintendo Wii - 22,373 (-67.5%)
PlayStation Vita - 17,898 (-65.4%)
Nintendo DS - 8,949 (-81.1%)

Just knowing about it doesn't hurt as much as seeing these numbers. Ouch. 2nd last, with the Nintendo DS being the very last one. That's awful. The switch to digital obviously doesn't help.

Honestly... I don't care how anymore, just let me play SSX on Vita.

2zf698x.jpg

Definitely the best thing about the compatibility fuck-up. Although it's the worst SSX game, I still adore having it on my Vita (and to be fair, it's more like SSX 3 than the console On Tour, which is a good thing).

I really regret not adding more games to my Vita through that compatibility glitch. I got Burnout Legends; Future Cop LAPD; The Sims 2; SSX On Tour & Theme Hospital, but there was a load of other stuff I wanted (Red Alert Retaliation; Sims 2 Pets; Twisted Metal Head On etc.). Can only hope someone trips the wire again, if only for a few hours.

VLiberty

The thing is Sly Cooper has a chance at happening again, mainly thanks to Sanzaru still having interest with working on the IP alongside the film releasing in 2017. If Ratchet & Clank are getting a game to tie into the film, than Sly has a very good chance of happening too.

I wouldn't rule a new Jak & Daxter game out either, when the rumor of making movies based off their gaming IP's, Modnation Racers and Jak & Daxter was listed (alongside Ratchet, Sly, and Heavenly Sword; all of which got films). If Ratchet is getting a game alongside the film, Jak & Daxter might get a game alongside their film too.

Ape Escape is appearing as part of the PS2-on-PS4 program (with a EU Leak listing that, Dark Cloud 2 and Twisted Metal Black for PS4). Ape Escape 3 joining AE2 wouldn't surprise me and once Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 is complete, that and Puppetter 2 are likely their next major projects to work on :).

Wipeout PS4 should be very simple; port the PS3 title Wipeout HD + Furry with new content being added in (either the content from the Vita Wipeout or brand new content/tracks/ect being made). Could honestly see that as Bluepoints next project once GR Remastered is complete.

Midevil PS4 is something I want to see too, but that is less likely compared to the other games you listed :(. They did hint at that during PS All Stars Sir Dannel's ending and once Guerrilla Cambridge is done with their VR game, they should be free to make another Midevil.

I'd like to be as optimistic as you are...

Unfortunately I can't see a future for most of them. There might be a game tied to the Sly movie, but that's it. The other games are all dead and do not even have a vocal fanbase that claims their return.

As for a Wipeout port, honestly, it wouldn't set me on fire. HD Fury - besides that it would be the second port of a remake - looks gorgeus already on PS3 and it's 1080p@60fps. There's really no need for HD Fury PS4. Mayyyybe 2048 PS4...just for it in 1080p@60fps greatness.But I'd much rather have a new game.

A Medievil 2 remake though? I would love that.

RK128

Might as well copy this blurb I wrote somewhere else to here:

I was pretty disappointed with that PSX showing to be honest. I left during the VR section because I realised they weren't going to announce anything else I would be interested in (and I was right!)

It's the one show that feels like it's more "for the fans" than anything else, so if they were ever going to announce Vita stuff. And the fact there was bugger all made me sober up to the fact that it's because there is probably nothing in development for Vita at this point.

Hitman Go is alright - the best thing about it is that I feel it opens the door for other mobile games to make the jump across, especially since it's the second announced in recent months (Civ Rev 2 Plus). Maybe we could get something like Deus Ex: The Fall or Hitman Sniper. But otherwise, I'm not excited for the game itself.

I might try Tim Schafer's games one day, but I'm not particularly fussed about them.
And that's it. Gee.

What's most disappointing for me is that Gio Corsi's teams seem neither to be working on any localizations (instead focusing their efforts on more Yakuza) or any "AAA" ports for Vita (i.e. Borderlands; Resident Evil). I was kinda relying on him to bring at least a little dash of western bigger budget to my favourite console, but it seems not.

Oh well. On the flip side, the last few indies I'm interested in should be trickling out on Vita next year (Attractio; Drifter; Drift Stage; Paranautical Activity) and the localizations I'm interested in definitely aren't letting up either (Atelier Escha; Trillion; Digimon; Trails 2), so at least the console will be going out with a bang.

This also makes me wonder if we're finally going to see Vita games disappear from store shelves next year, at least in the UK:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187684260&postcount=251

I mean, it's already been a year since we've seen anything really relevant to this market release here - 2014 at least had FIFA; Football Manager; Minecraft; Borderlands; God of War etc., alongside some "bigger" Japanese games like Tales & Final Fantasy.

2015 has had nothing aside from the LEGO games and the console seems to have clung on to any sales thanks to the legs of older games. By next year it'll have been 2 years since we had a FIFA game and the only notable retail title seems to be World of Final Fantasy - unless Assassin's Creed & XCOM are real (and whether they release at retail is a whole other story).

Such a shame to see the console wither out this way. Ah well.

The Vita is facing its final year likely in 2016, with 2017 being the year the final batch of indie games and localization come out. The writing has been on the wall since 2014 and it was just re-enforced this year with repeated statements of no games in development and Gravity Rush 2 being a PS4 title; Sony is DONE with the Vita.

Still, even it goes out without a bang, it got a lot of great releases in its life. Some of the best versions of classics with Persona 4 Golden, great original franchises like Danganronpa getting established through the Vita, the console being home to a ton of amazing indie titles, and the Sword Art Online series getting (in my mind) some of best fixes, edits and changes compared to its anime version through Hollow Fragment/Lost Song/Hollow Realization in addition to being really great JRPGs. The Vita did a lot right and even if it didn't catch on with the wider audience, it found a home.

The Vita created this community and you guys pushed me to become a part of it. I remember the first time I heard about a 'Vita' on NeoGaf early 2013 and thought "Mmm....this console seems interesting, going to get it with a good sale" and I did June 2013.

Two years and over 200+ games latter, I have a system I put more time into than my PS3, Nintendo Wii, GameCube and Nintendo DS combined. The Vita is my favorite console of this new generation and the PS4 will just open more doors for further enjoyment of the console (PS2 titles coming to PS4, lots of great PS4 games to get next year, ect) for me when I get one next year :D.

The Vita might not do very well and sadly will likely go down as 'missed potential', 'that strange console with all the anime games', 'the portstation portable', and 'console hidden gems'. But all of us will remember as 'The console that means life, one that will always have something coming to it, keeping that spark going strong'.

2012-2017 is a hell of a run for a handheld, lasting far longer than most (GBA lasted from 2001-2006 for example) so considering how unsuccessful the console is on the market, its impressive it is still alive this long.

And with 2016 having some of the best games in the systems line up, it will be a great closing year for the console :').

Edit: And regarding the PSX treatment of the Vita, I was honestly surprised that it was mentioned as much as it was. The fact the Third Party Relations guy had to SHOW a Vita when he announced Vita games really says it all; people have no idea what one looks like, and that is really sad :(.

But the announced games are not bad at all honestly.
-Hitman GO got high review scores when it came out; many loved it and hopefully it leads to Lara Croft GO and other Square Enix Mobile ports coming to Vita next year
-Various Indie projects (Rays the Dead and Rain Fall are both Vita titles; they may have been announced as PS4 games during the Adult Swim footage but they got Vita port confirmations after the PSX Conference) look great
-Getting three games released yesterday after the show for Vita (Bit Trip Collection, Bastion, ect) was a nice surprise to me :).
-PS2 to PS4 games is good for Vita; we can remote play those games and thus it we can use the PS Vita accessory in a new way

The show was a lot better to Vita than I honestly expected, so I was happy with the little that was announced. Also worth noting that the best Vita announcements normally are surprise announcements throughout the year, not shown during events (I learned that and expect nothing Vita related from PS Events now :l).

'the portstation portable'

I honestly wish the console lived up to this reputation even more. One of my favourite things about it is having this awesome back-catalog of stuff from PlayStation history - all the PS1 classics (Spyro/Crash/FF/MGS/Resi) alongside a lot of the porting that happened on Vita natively (Ratchet/Jak/Sly/God of War collections). I wish we got more of the latter stuff honestly. I quite like replaying these games again because the hook of having them in a portable format is a big deal to me.

And with 2016 having some of the best games in the systems line up, it will be a great closing year for the console :').

I can agree with this. 2015 was a little disappointing for me. 2014 had this never-ending run of great localizations, starting with Ys/DanganRonpa/Demon Gaze early in the year; continuing with Atelier/SAO/Neptunia in the summer and ending with Tales/Akiba in the winter, all of which I really loved.

2015 had a few highlights - Ar noSurge; Steins;gate & (hopefully) Trails, but generally this year seemed like an inferior version of 2014 to me. Another Episode wasn't as good as 1 & 2; Lost Song wasn't as good as Hollow Fragment; Operation Abyss wasn't as good as Demon Gaze etc.

There's every chance 2016 could be a let down for me too, but between Escha & Logy; Trillion; Digimon & Trails 2, plus a load of "I'm sure will happen" games like Tokyo Xanadu and Hollow Realization, it definitely has the potential to top this year.

It's a shame neither 2015 nor 2016 had the PS2-era ports I was hoping for like 2014 did. That'll likely always go down as my favourite year for Vita.

-Hitman GO got high review scores when it came out; many loved it and hopefully it leads to Lara Croft GO and other Square Enix Mobile ports coming to Vita next year

I just rewatched that part of the conference and noticed that Gio said they're working with Square Enix Montreal and Frima Studio to bring that game to PS4 & Vita.

I'm guessing that means things went alright between them & 3PP on the development of Resident Evil Revelations 2 Vita since they've been 'kept on' (vs. Iron Galaxy who were dropped like a sack of shit :p) so that makes me hopeful we might see some more Square mobile ports make their way to Vita. I just hope for some bigger titles like Deus Ex: The Fall, than this.

(And tbh, I'd rather Frima were working on a bigger title altogether, but beggars can't be choosers. I'm going to tweet Gio again after PSX to ask if 3PP are done with 'bigger' Vita porting).

incpdo

i can see 2017 as the last year of the vita in NA, or maybe europe , but Vita still not doing bad in japan. At least little companies find some profits with their games. So even if there will be only Asian/english releases left , im ok with that , the backlog i have will last till the next generation.

Shizuka

Sometimes I wonder how exactly (ie; not PR speak) they decide what gets a platinum. How is this more deserving than something like OlliOlli, Hatoful Boyfriend, or Tetris Ultimate?

I finally finished that today and MAN, that game was deserving of a platinum trophy.

incpdo

I just saw the trailer for Zodiac and man it looks good. The style is similar to that of vanillaware . does this game has anything to do with that company?
Was this a free to play game ?
It didn't cought my attention till now.

RK128

I just saw the trailer for Zodiac and man it looks good. The style is similar to that of vanillaware . does this game has anything to do with that company?

Its a new studio that has some former Final Fantasy guys working in it. The game looks more in line with something like Child of Light in terms of core gameplay mechanics and art style (though its character designs do look like Vanillaware's).

Coming out on both Vita and PS4, with it looking like Child of Light X Final Fantasy really making me excited about the title :D.

Its not free to play and it is a full-on JRPG. Looking forward to this whenever it comes out :).

Clive

It's out now and iOS and was met with both some very strong and some not so strong reviews:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/zodiac-orcanon-odyssey

The art looks really nice though so let's hope they can tune it up a bit for the PS4/Vita release.

Ok, now that I've seen all the live footage and demos from psx I have to make a most anticipated PS4 games (that will be awesome to be playing on remote play with the recently announced L2 R2 grip for OLED Vitas).

The witness
Firewatch
Headlander
Bound
Ratchet & clank remake
Psychonauts 2
Tomorrow children
No man's sky
Mass effect:andromeda
Mirror's edge catalyst
Rime
This war of mine
Invisible inc
Adrift
Miegakure
Dreamfall chapters
Tacoma
Unravel
DQ 11
Gravity rush
Persona 5
Ni no kuni 2
TLG

I'm also convinced that I'll buy PSVR day 1 if it got a RIGS bundle. I'm not interested in sports, competitive games or FPS games and still that game completely has me under it's spell (No, I have not tried it). Mainly because of how good the movement looks.

Adding 100ft robot golf, a standalone Psychonauts game (leading in to Psychonauts 2) and Eve: Valkyrie, ace combat 7 and golem to the mix it's a nobrainer to me.

It really does look promising and that is why I hope they ether add a sound when you hit an enemy or make the enemy flash, the lack of these two things in combination with the hit animation looking like a dodge, is something I can not unsee and I find it even more strange when the developers said that they don't have any plans of changing this when someone asked them.

(this might have changed since I last read about it though)

Edit:http://forums.kobojo.com/showthread.php?8579-Zodiac-Team-Q-amp-A-(November-2015)

Flunkie

Banned
Asking for a reason which I'll explain later, but would love to know the following from anyone VitaGAF;

1) What're your most anticipated Vita titles coming to the West? (specifically looking for answers which have been confirmed to be coming over, not speculated localizations)

2) What are some lesser known 2016 Vita games (again, Western confirmed) that you think people should be aware of?

The answers to these will help me out with something I'm working on, and in the interest of clarity (and ease of data collection) all I need is the names of the games in question - not information on them.

Thanks in advance guys!

1. Digimon Cyber Sleuth, Severed, The Banner Saga (if it doesn't make 2015), Civ Rev 2, XCOM,
God Eater Res & 2

pariah164

Been spending most of my Sunday playing Bastion on Vita.

Oh my gosh, this game is good. Does have a couple of glitches, like when I give the Stranger an artifact, sometimes no text comes up. Aside from that, hnnngh. The music. The art. The story. The gameplay. All so damn good. Well worth the wait.

Asking for a reason which I'll explain later, but would love to know the following from anyone VitaGAF;

1) What're your most anticipated Vita titles coming to the West? (specifically looking for answers which have been confirmed to be coming over, not speculated localizations)

2) What are some lesser known 2016 Vita games (again, Western confirmed) that you think people should be aware of?

The answers to these will help me out with something I'm working on, and in the interest of clarity (and ease of data collection) all I need is the names of the games in question - not information on them.

Thanks in advance guys!

1) Zero Escape 3, Root Letter

2) Root Letter

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Might as well copy this blurb I wrote somewhere else to here:

I was pretty disappointed with that PSX showing to be honest. I left during the VR section because I realised they weren't going to announce anything else I would be interested in (and I was right!)

It's the one show that feels like it's more "for the fans" than anything else, so if they were ever going to announce Vita stuff. And the fact there was bugger all made me sober up to the fact that it's because there is probably nothing in development for Vita at this point.

Hitman Go is alright - the best thing about it is that I feel it opens the door for other mobile games to make the jump across, especially since it's the second announced in recent months (Civ Rev 2 Plus). Maybe we could get something like Deus Ex: The Fall or Hitman Sniper. But otherwise, I'm not excited for the game itself.

I might try Tim Schafer's games one day, but I'm not particularly fussed about them.
And that's it. Gee.

What's most disappointing for me is that Gio Corsi's teams seem neither to be working on any localizations (instead focusing their efforts on more Yakuza) or any "AAA" ports for Vita (i.e. Borderlands; Resident Evil). I was kinda relying on him to bring at least a little dash of western bigger budget to my favourite console, but it seems not.

Oh well. On the flip side, the last few indies I'm interested in should be trickling out on Vita next year (Attractio; Drifter; Drift Stage; Paranautical Activity) and the localizations I'm interested in definitely aren't letting up either (Atelier Escha; Trillion; Digimon; Trails 2), so at least the console will be going out with a bang.

This also makes me wonder if we're finally going to see Vita games disappear from store shelves next year, at least in the UK:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187684260&postcount=251

I mean, it's already been a year since we've seen anything really relevant to this market release here - 2014 at least had FIFA; Football Manager; Minecraft; Borderlands; God of War etc., alongside some "bigger" Japanese games like Tales & Final Fantasy.

2015 has had nothing aside from the LEGO games and the console seems to have clung on to any sales thanks to the legs of older games. By next year it'll have been 2 years since we had a FIFA game and the only notable retail title seems to be World of Final Fantasy - unless Assassin's Creed & XCOM are real (and whether they release at retail is a whole other story).

I don't know in UK but vita games started disappearing in Italy long time ago, (gamestop apart i guess, i'm not used to go there)everything that's not from Sony or other big names don't exist here, add that in any case vita has very few retail games compared to other consoles, vita is almost full digital in the west, so it's just physiological for Vita to have low retail numbers, i wouldn't worry that much.

To all that add that November was the month of Fallout 4, a game with stellar sales, so it's totally not a fair comparison and considering that usually we don't get so detailed data, especially vita sales, those data sound like a sort of propaganda for the main consoles.

To all that add that November was the month of Fallout 4, a game with stellar sales, so it's totally not a fair comparison and considering that usually we don't get so detailed data, especially vita sales, those data sound like a sort of propaganda for the main consoles.

Comparison with what? The comparison I was making was with 2014 - sales are down 65% compared to last year.

Last year had: Freedom Wars; Invizimals The Resistance & Minecraft. This year had: Blazblue; Space Hulk; WRC 5.

Now definitely not a fair comparison because the games last year were bigger, but that's the whole point. Vita isn't getting software that appeals to western markets anymore, so even though it has already disappeared from store shelves, it's only going to get worse.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Comparison with what? The comparison I was making was with 2014 - sales are down 65% compared to last year.

Last year had: Freedom Wars; Invizimals The Resistance & Minecraft. This year had: Blazblue; Space Hulk; WRC 5.

Now definitely not a fair comparison because the games last year were bigger, but that's the whole point. Vita isn't getting software that appeals to western markets anymore, so even though it has already disappeared from store shelves, it's only going to get worse.

I was pointing at the difference between vita and other consoles.

Retail vita games are going to be really rare, it's inevitable, but you get that wrong, Vita games are already very few on shelves because most of shops already get only a selected number of games plus the number of retail vita games is constantly decreasing so it's obvious that retail sales are lowering, but what's the problem? Vita is almost all digital, the number of games at retail never represented the number of games vita is getting and for sure a vita owner doesn't really care about raw sales number. So what? Almost DD only doesn't mean getting only indie games, it's getting lots of japanese games and surprisingly even some western games like Civilization, Xcom and AC:chronicles.

Retail vita games are going to be really rare, it's inevitable, but you get that wrong, Vita games are already very few on shelves because most of shops already get only a selected number of games plus the number of retail vita games is constantly decreasing so it's obvious that retail sales are lowering, but what's the problem?

But that's what I was saying before. Vita isn't getting a constant stream of relevant releases for the western markets. Last year, I'd argue it had it - at least from Final Fantasy/God of War at the start of the year through Borderlands/Ratchet through Freedom Wars/Minecraft over the holiday season etc.

This year has had nothing like that. It's just had niche releases and LEGO games and absolutely most shops only get a selected number of games - but that's because there's no sales potential in the vast majority of Vita games releasing at retail. It's not like shops are really ignoring stuff that they should be selling, it's just what Vita's getting is relevant to only a tiny tiny audience.

And like I keep saying, that's only going to get worse next year, unless we see some kind renaissance across AC/XCOM, but even with those two it's not going to make much of a dent.

You can justify it however you want, but those really are some shocking physical sales numbers for Vita in October, which is a real shame.

Massa

I don't think that's surprising at all, the Vita never really did well at retail, its had a stronger bias towards digital than home consoles from day one and Sony's been pushing exclusively digital content for years now. So yeah, it won't get a B-team budget version of a AAA franchise, but it just got Nuclear Throne on day 1 so there's that. Awesome indie games and Japanese localizations is what does well on the system, and not in numbers to make a profit for retailers.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
But that's what I was saying before. Vita isn't getting a constant stream of relevant releases for the western markets. Last year, I'd argue it had it - at least from Final Fantasy/God of War at the start of the year through Borderlands/Ratchet through Freedom Wars/Minecraft over the holiday season etc.

This year has had nothing like that. It's just had niche releases and LEGO games and absolutely most shops only get a selected number of games - but that's because there's no sales potential in the vast majority of Vita games releasing at retail. It's not like shops are really ignoring stuff that they should be selling, it's just what Vita's getting is relevant to only a tiny tiny audience.

And like I keep saying, that's only going to get worse next year, unless we see some kind renaissance across AC/XCOM, but even with those two it's not going to make much of a dent.

You can justify it however you want, but those really are some shocking physical sales numbers for Vita in October, which is a real shame.

Again what's the problem? What's really changed?

I stopped caring about retail games very long time ago, at retail there are mostly lego games and usually at d1 price even if they are really old, if i really want something retail i buy it from internet, but i don't do it because psn is faster, more comfy and cheaper too with frequent sales and price cuts.

It's a loop, retailer don't pick games i'm interested in so and the ones they have are always at full price so i don't buy retail games hence shops don't pick retail games.

It's not about games relevance or not, it's like that and will be always like that no matter what.

I'm sure i'm not the only one being almost all digital, to be honest i think that vita owners that really care about retail games may be a vocal minority, vita was never a console for retail game lover, now more than ever and in the future even more.

Are you worried that Vita is going to get less relevant games? But what relevant games did vita get apart the ones developed or funded by sony?

You saw those numbers and panicked but vita was probably never healthier than now, it's getting some western games like Civilization, xcom and ac chronicles, world of final fantasy, dragon quest builders, saga and that other game from square enix alone, there are the trails games, digimon and many other promising and relatively big games, so again what's the problem?

VLiberty

Ok, now that I've seen all the live footage and demos from psx I have to make a most anticipated PS4 games (that will be awesome to be playing on remote play with the recently announced L2 R2 grip for OLED Vitas).

The witness
Firewatch
Headlander
Bound
Ratchet & clank remake
Psychonauts 2
Tomorrow children
No man's sky
Mass effect:andromeda
Mirror's edge catalyst
Rime
This war of mine
Invisible inc
Adrift
Miegakure
Dreamfall chapters
Tacoma
Unravel
DQ 11
Gravity rush
Persona 5
Ni no kuni 2
TLG

I'm also convinced that I'll buy PSVR day 1 if it got a RIGS bundle. I'm not interested in sports, competitive games or FPS games and still that game completely has me under it's spell (No, I have not tried it). Mainly because of how good the movement looks.

Adding 100ft robot golf, a standalone Psychonauts game (leading in to Psychonauts 2) and Eve: Valkyrie, ace combat 7 and golem to the mix it's a nobrainer to me.

Judging from your list and the various 3d platformers on it, I think you should take a look at Hob. It's a 3d platformer-adventure. My only gripe is the fixed camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrqPVAzmaDI

I stopped caring about retail games very long time ago, at retail there are mostly lego games and usually at d1 price even if they are really old, if i really want something retail i buy it from internet, but i don't do it because psn is faster, more comfy and cheaper too with frequent sales and price cuts.

It's a loop, retailer don't pick games i'm interested in so and the ones they have are always at full price so i don't buy retail games hence shops don't pick retail games.

It's not about games relevance or not, it's like that and will be always like that no matter what.

I'm sure i'm not the only one being almost all digital, to be honest i think that vita owners that really care about retail games may be a vocal minority, vita was never a console for retail game lover, now more than ever and in the future even more.

Are you worried that Vita is going to get less relevant games? But what relevant games did vita get apart the ones developed or funded by sony?

You saw those numbers and panicked but vita was probably never healthier than now, it's getting some western games like Civilization, xcom and ac chronicles, world of final fantasy, dragon quest builders, saga and that other game from square enix alone, there are the trails games, digimon and many other promising and relatively big games, so again what's the problem?

I don't understand your logic at all. You don't care about retail titles seems to be your argument? But it's not about your personal tastes?

What I'm saying is - in 2014, at retail, Vita got some titles that retailers stocked. In 2015, Vita shelves in retail stores still stocked these titles (for example, the three games my Tesco still stocks are Borderlands/LittleBigPlanet Marvel and Minecraft). But as you can see, those titles alone can't really sustain the console having a presence at retail (i.e. 65% down YoY vs. last year).

Once Vita starts disappearing from store shelves that's it really, it won't be coming back. And I'm just saying that's a shame, especially since it wouldn't have taken

There's no real problem and I don't know why you're making such a fuss about this, but I'm glad you believe the console is "never healthier than now" - but that's definitely not a sentiment I can agree with.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't understand your logic at all. You don't care about retail titles seems to be your argument? But it's not about your personal tastes?

What I'm saying is - in 2014, at retail, Vita got some titles that retailers stocked. In 2015, Vita shelves in retail stores still stocked these titles (for example, the three games my Tesco still stocks are Borderlands/LittleBigPlanet Marvel and Minecraft). But as you can see, those titles alone can't really sustain the console having a presence at retail (i.e. 65% down YoY vs. last year).

Once Vita starts disappearing from store shelves that's it really, it won't be coming back. And I'm just saying that's a shame, especially since it wouldn't have taken

There's no real problem and I don't know why you're making such a fuss about this, but I'm glad you believe the console is "never healthier than now" - but that's definitely not a sentiment I can agree with.

Open your eyes!

Where did you live until now? Vita was never on the shelves like the other consoles not even at d1 and since the d1 the number of retail games was always decreasing, but that never stopped vita owners from buying lots of games and developers from making games, in fact unlike what you think some people like square and 2k find vita more appealing now than before.

So again what's the problem? You want a retail collection? Sorry but vita it's not for you.

EDIT:
games-wise 2016 is going to be a good year for vita so i doubt that vita won't get games in 2017, but let's say that vita dies in 2017(something i really doubt), 5 years(if we exclude the ps360 generation it's the duration of a standard generation, think of the wiiu on the other hand...) + many good games are a good achievement for a console that many people(some sony people included) wanted dead since d1.

Open your eyes!

Where did you live until now? Vita was never on the shelves like the other consoles not even at d1 and since the d1 the number of retail games was always decreasing, but that never stopped vita owners from buying lots of games and developers from making games, in fact unlike what you think some people like square and 2k find vita more appealing now than before.

So again what's the problem? You want a retail collection? Sorry but vita it's not for you.

I have a bigger retail collection for Vita than I do for PS3/PS4, and the shops where I live still stock a number of games (even Tesco, like I mentioned). So Vita really has been the console for me up until recently.

But anyway, you keep saying "what's your problem?" and I keep telling you the point of my post and then you say "what's your problem?" again, so I feel like the sanity of the thread we should probably leave this discussion alone now unless you have something different to say :p

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have a bigger retail collection for Vita than I do for PS3/PS4, and the shops where I live still stock a number of games (even Tesco, like I mentioned). So Vita really has been the console for me up until recently.

But anyway, you keep saying "what's your problem?" and I keep telling you the point of my post and then you say "what's your problem?" again, so I feel like the sanity of the thread we should probably leave this discussion alone now unless you have something different to say :p

Then your problem is exactly that you want a retail collection like i said :p
You are lucky to have shops with vita games but it's not like that everywhere.

The fact that you have more retail games for vita than ps3 and 4 doesn't mean that ps3 and 4 always had and will always have way way more retail games than vita.

Again the number of retail games never related to the actual number of vita games and it never stopped developers from making games(because they know their market), so in the case of vita the number of retail games it's completely irrelevant for everything but those like you that want retail games.
Vita isn't going to die because of the lack of retail games.

PSTV compatibility of games from PSX. All of them are unlisted on the PSTV store.

Bastion -> Yes
Bit Trip Collection -> No
Nuclear Throne -> Yes

Just a quick one guys:

Dungeon Hunter Alliance or Silent Hill Book of Memories? They're both £10 in CEX and I have £5 store credit.

I've only ever played SH1 which I didn't particularly enjoy. My only experience with this genre is Diablo 3 PS4 which I really loved.

Just a quick one guys:

Dungeon Hunter Alliance or Silent Hill Book of Memories? They're both £10 in CEX and I have £5 store credit.

I've only ever played SH1 which I didn't particularly enjoy. My only experience with this genre is Diablo 3 PS4 which I really loved.

Dungeon Hunter Alliance was good fun for 5 hours of fun before I got bored of it. Super simple and generic. I am not really into grinding loot games like Diablo tho. Really haven't given much time to Book of Memories but it seemed much more interesting.

RK128

Just a quick one guys:

Own both and they are decent enough Diablo Clones.

DHA is more in line with what you expect out of Diablo but it is a port of the iOS game (with little changes); do not expect the best game ever made :l.

Book of Memories is solid enough, as it takes the elements of Silent Hill (breakable weapons, visuals style and music, character designs, ect) but turns it into a Diablo clone. Its a solid one and stronger than DHA but not amazing or anything sadly. Still enjoyable though and one of the earlier games I got for my Vita :).

Saphirax

Just a quick one guys:

There's a demo for BoM. I've tried it and it wasn't my cup of tea. Just felt like a repetitive slog.

Takao

Banned
Rayark Con was this weekend and SCEJA have officially announced Deemo's physical release:

rTrjnzV.png

All regular print copies are supposed to come with volume 1 of the digital soundtrack.

rUiBmfi.png

The Premium Edition comes with the above, plus some trinkets that were previously only available in Japan:

15simwa.png

Deemo IC Card Sticker

gHceCcK.png

Deemo Pins

IFI2csw.png

Metal Bookmark

grv4CpR.png

Alice Keychain

Taiawan is getting an exclusive PS Vita 2000 bundle (8GB MC included):
3rnLSEn.jpg

Includes all of the Premium Edition's content plus 3 stickers:
J7xehxV.jpg

All preorders (only in Taiwan?) will also receive a Deemo keychain:
vCrW8Fu.jpg

Text is listed as supporting English/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Japanese. Release date for all versions is set for January 14th.

https://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=4138
https://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=4137

Play-Asia has the regular release up for pre-order. They had the Premium Set too, but are currently sold out.

autoduelist

Just a quick one guys:

Personally, I'd go with DHA. DHA is a budget Diablo -- it is far from perfect, but you get exactly what you think you're going to get. It's sort of like Asphalt -- budget feeling in every way, but fun.

Silent Hills BoM is... well, it almost sounds fantastic. A roguelike Silent Hill. You traverse dungeons, find weapons, push forward. BUT... in practice, there is some sort of magic missing and it gets boring fast. Some love it; I couldn't find that love.

SNIP

Pretty much this.

I've read your posts too, and honestly, I'm not really sure what 'your point' is either. From what I can tell, your concerned Vita will lose even more retail presence and then never be able to get it back... and as 2+2=5 has repeated... so what? That's always been the problem of the Vita. Even when Vita did get retail space it was for a limited number of titles that generally didn't represent the Vita well anyway (Legos, etc) and sat on store shelves till it got clearanced.

The Vita losing retail presence is a non-factor for the very reasons it is losing store presence -- it wasn't selling via brick and mortar anyway.

The small percentage of Vita owners buying through brick and mortar will switch to Amazon and other online retailers, or move digital, just like the vast majority of Vita users already have. Really, nothing is changing...

Now, if Vita was doing spectacularly in b&ms, and it lost shelf space, then sure, it would be bad. But that has never been the case. Losing a rack at Best Buy, Target, etc, is just not a big deal.

SNIP
Again the number of retail games never related to the actual number of vita games and it never stopped developers from making games(because they know their market), so in the case of vita the number of retail games it's completely irrelevant for everything but those like you that want retail games.
Vita isn't going to die because of the lack of retail games.

Agreed. The reason the b&m stores are getting rid of vita sections is precisely because they are effectively irrelevant. Sure, some here desperately want physical, but even those people will simply shift to online retailers where expensive retail floor space becomes relatively cheap shipping warehouse space.

I've read your posts too, and honestly, I'm not really sure what 'your point' is either. From what I can tell, your concerned Vita will lose even more retail presence and then never be able to get it back... and as 2+2=5 has repeated... so what?

And I'm just saying that's a shame, especially since it wouldn't have taken much to sustain it.

It's not a problem. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "my point", but sheesh, I was just thinking out loud really and I'm met with a chorus of "what's your problem?", "so what?" etc. Genuinely regret bringing this up now.

I guess if I were making a point, it would be that in my country, Vita has kept a brick & mortar retail presence. I get that it's clearly not like that wherever you & 2+2=5 are from, but that's how things are here. And I like that and find it impressive that in spite f dismal hardware sales, there's still games on shelves. I cannot see how it can keep that presence, however, given nothing notable releasing this year and nothing lined up for next year.

And I find that a shame. That's literally the whole of "my point" if I had one. Nothing worth getting worked up over and really not worthy of this level of discussion.

I'm happy the majority of people in this thread are happy with a digital only or online/digital only presence for games, because you're certainly all going to be happy with Vita's next year or two. That's cool. I enjoy taking an occasional lunchtime trip to look at games and picking up discounted stuff that's cheaper than online once in a while. For me, it's disappointing that (looks) to be disappearing, especially since it was kept alive with so little effort which has now changed to 0 effort.

But that's that. Again, just thinking out loud!

Sondar

Rayark Con was this weekend and SCEJA have officially announced Deemo's physical release:

rTrjnzV.png

All regular print copies are supposed to come with volume 1 of the digital soundtrack.

rUiBmfi.png

The Premium Edition comes with the above, plus some trinkets that were previously only available in Japan:

15simwa.png

Deemo IC Card Sticker

gHceCcK.png

Deemo Pins

IFI2csw.png

Metal Bookmark

grv4CpR.png

Alice Keychain

Taiawan is getting an exclusive PS Vita 2000 bundle (8GB MC included):
3rnLSEn.jpg

Includes all of the Premium Edition's content plus 3 stickers:
J7xehxV.jpg

All preorders (only in Taiwan?) will also receive a Deemo keychain:
vCrW8Fu.jpg

Text is listed as supporting English/Traditional Chinese/Korean/Japanese. Release date for all versions is set for January 14th.

https://asia.playstation.com/hk/en/newsdetail?id=4138
https://asia.playstation.com/tw/cht/newsdetail?id=4137

Play-Asia has the regular release up for pre-order. They had the Premium Set too, but are currently sold out.

Yum! Hoping a kind friend will be able to help me out with the limited edition.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just a quick one guys:

I have always wanted a diablo clone so i always wanted to like DHA, but no matter how many times i play the demo i don't like it, maybe i should just buy it...

At the time i really loved SH:BOM but i guess i'm one of the very few, it's not a pure diablo clone, a diablo clone has huge inventory with lots of equipment, weapons, items etc, SH:BOM is different, it's more a survival, it has a very tiny inventory and weapons broke after a certain number of uses.

I think that the best way to describe SH:BOM is a top down survival horror with randomized dungeons, or a horror rouguelike with a very limited inventory and loots.

It's not a problem. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "my point", but sheesh, I was just thinking out loud really and I'm met with a chorus of "what's your problem?", "so what?" etc. Genuinely regret bringing this up now.

I guess if I were making a point, it would be that in my country, Vita has kept a brick & mortar retail presence. I get that it's clearly not like that wherever you & 2+2=5 are from, but that's how things are here. And I like that and find it impressive that in spite f dismal hardware sales, there's still games on shelves. I cannot see how it can keep that presence, however, given nothing notable releasing this year and nothing lined up for next year.

And I find that a shame. That's literally the whole of "my point" if I had one. Nothing worth getting worked up over and really not worthy of this level of discussion.

I'm happy the majority of people in this thread are happy with a digital only or online/digital only presence for games, because you're certainly all going to be happy with Vita's next year or two. That's cool. I enjoy taking an occasional lunchtime trip to look at games and picking up discounted stuff that's cheaper than online once in a while. For me, it's disappointing that (looks) to be disappearing, especially since it was kept alive with so little effort which has now changed to 0 effort.

But that's that. Again, just thinking out loud!

Don't stop thinking out loud just because of this discussion!
Maybe we all should have been clearer but we are here to share our thoughts right? ;)

Top Bottom