• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

ZeroAKA

It's not a problem. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "my point", but sheesh, I was just thinking out loud really and I'm met with a chorus of "what's your problem?", "so what?" etc. Genuinely regret bringing this up now.
Nah, you're fine. I'm not sure why people are arguing about your perspective when you clearly live in a place that (used to) have more of a Vita presence than wherever they live.

You want a retail collection? Sorry but vita it's not for you.
...Wow.

So again what's the problem? You want a retail collection? Sorry but vita it's not for you.

Piss off man, lol.

Who are you to tell someone they can't want retail presence for a system they really enjoy?

Christ if you fall off a horse that high you'll break into pieces.
Don't stop thinking out loud just because of this discussion!
Maybe we all should have been clearer but we are here to share our thoughts right? ;)
If you actually believe this you gotta learn how to make your point in a way that doesn't a) make people defensive and b) come off as dogmatic "my way or the highway" drivel. What a load.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Nah, you're fine. I'm not sure why people are arguing about your perspective when you clearly live in a place that (used to) have more of a Vita presence than wherever they live.

...Wow.

Piss off man, lol.

Who are you to tell someone they can't want retail presence for a system they really enjoy?

Christ if you fall off a horse that high you'll break into pieces.

If you actually believe this you gotta learn how to make your point in a way that doesn't a) make people defensive and b) come off as dogmatic "my way or the highway" drivel. What a load.
I want retail games too, i would like vita to have as many retail games as possible but the truth is that unless you are in japan vita never had a big presence in retail and will be always worse, i'm just being realistic.
Luckily retail presence doesn't affect the number of upcoming games.

EDIT:
the whole discussion happened because it looked like(to me at least) that there was a "point" that it wasn't really there, misunderstandings happen.

I want retail games too, i would like vita to have as many retail games as possible but the truth is that unless you are in japan vita never had a big presence in retail and will be always worse, i'm just being realistic.

Being realistic? Man you're telling someone how to feel about something. That ain't realistic, that's needlessly condescending. Not to mention hilarious since your realism isn't even relevant to his point.

Not replying to this again. I'm irritated as hell by your tone but I have to leash myself at some point.

ZeroAKA

Are you using retail stores, retail games, and physical copies of games interchangeably under the single umbrella term of retail? I don't see why the Vita isn't for someone who want to build a retail collection when they can easily buy physical copies of games from online stores.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Being realistic? Man you're telling someone how to feel about something. That ain't realistic, that's needlessly condescending. Not to mention hilarious since your realism isn't even relevant to his point.

Not replying to this again. I'm irritated as hell by your tone but I have to leash myself at some point.
Aren't you telling me how i should feel? :p
Maybe i should have said things differently but you are reading too much into my posts.

Are you using retail stores, retail games, and physical copies of games interchangeably under the single umbrella term of retail? I don't see why the Vita isn't for someone who want to build a retail collection when they can easily buy physical copies of games from online stores.

At this point you can even buy japanese games online, that's not the point, an hardcore gamer buys games from wherever he wants but buying a big part of your collection online is not what i consider friendly or convenient for the average guy, and in any case there's not a big choice of games compared to other consoles.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Pretty much everything is physical, though. Maybe you're just excluding the games you don't care about.
Everything?!?!?!?!?
Am i crazy or what?
This is the preorder page of video game plus, an online store that has a very good number of vita games, imo one of the best online stores for vita owners.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/pre-orders-vita-c-370_588.html?osCsid=ff80c559fc03418b87a5b9d3f899cc79

It has 9 games! Are you telling me that only 9 games are coming to vita?

EDIT:
And in Europe the number of retail games is usually even smaller.

Prelude.

ZeroAKA

At this point you can even buy japanese games online, that's not the point, an hardcore gamer buys games from wherever he wants but buying a big part of your collection online is not what i consider friendly or convenient for the average guy, and in any case there's not a big choice of games compared to other consoles.
The average guy probably will neither want a large collection of games nor a Vita, so I'm not sure what your point is. The only barriers to building a Vita collection that I can think of would be lack of internet access or no permanent mailing address.

The average guy probably will neither want a large collection of games nor a Vita, so I'm not sure what your point is. The only barriers to building a Vita collection that I can think of would be lack of internet access or no permanent mailing address.

It's a struggle to import games for my Vita, using a PO Box mailing address is a pain the ass. I remember my imported red Vita slim ended up being shipped to another home in another town because fedex doesn't ship to PO BOX's and they just chose a random home to ship it to.

Also I'm playing Lost Song, such a good game. Looks great on the Vita and haven't experienced any frame drops.

I have always wanted a diablo clone so i always wanted to like DHA, but no matter how many times i play the demo i don't like it, maybe i should just buy it...

At the time i really loved SH:BOM but i guess i'm one of the very few, it's not a pure diablo clone, a diablo clone has huge inventory with lots of equipment, weapons, items etc, SH:BOM is different, it's more a survival, it has a very tiny inventory and weapons broke after a certain number of uses.

I think that the best way to describe SH:BOM is a top down survival horror with randomized dungeons, or a horror rouguelike with a very limited inventory and loots.

Is there a demo of Dungeon Hunter? I went into the demos part of the store and it was there, but it seemed to be the full game, because it was trying to charge me £14.99 for it, lol.

Leaning more towards Silent Hill atm.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why exactly are you ignoring Amazon and going first to a Canadian website that's used mostly for imports from Europe and NA?
Amazon is a mess presentation wise imo, but here you go:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_d...011,k:vita&qid=1449515356&sort=date-desc-rank

10 upcoming games, all the rest are already released games.

my points are:

1)the average guy usually wants to buy physical games at a physical shop with a wide variety of choices, things that vita doesn't really have.

2)as you said a vita owner is usually an hardcore gamer, this means either:
a)it's not afraid to buy games digitally, and in fact most of the games are dd only
b)or it's rather willing to buy retail games on internet, but between some kind of card requirement, internet data security, shipments costs, accidents, times etc buying from internet would not be the first choice if there were more options.

For me a "collection-friendly" system has most of its game released in retail form and they are available in almost all shops, on the other hand being almost absent in shops but being able to buy a small selection of games on internet it's really far from being "collector-friendly" imo.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Is there a demo of Dungeon Hunter? I went into the demos part of the store and it was there, but it seemed to be the full game, because it was trying to charge me £14.99 for it, lol.

Leaning more towards Silent Hill atm.
I don't know now but both used to have demos(or trial and unlock i don't remember)

EDIT:
sorry for the DP

EDIT2:
Don't expect SH:BOM to be scary.

ZeroAKA

b)or it's rather willing to buy retail games on internet, but between some kind of card requirement, internet data security, shipments costs, accidents, times etc buying from internet would not be the first choice if there were more options.
So what you're basically saying now is that Vita owners are able to build a retail collection as long as they're willing to buy it online. I'm glad we finally agree.

Honeslty ALBW is pretty short. I beat it in 1 sitting and change (did the intro and 1 dungeon I believe, and then beat the rest in a single day of traveling). If you're the type that likes to minimize backlog, it might be easier to knock it out.

Saphirax

These damn sales aren't helping me trim my backlog at all. Ar nosurge for 11 pounds is tempting, but I already have it on my ps3 (Been eyeing Re;Birth 3, Sly trilogy and R&C Trilogy as well).

Then there are the recently released PS2 games...I'm slowly turning into one of those people who just buys games and doesn't play them.

So, what are people playing?

About to wrap up Tearaway Unfolded.

It's a weird experience. The first half of the game feels like a slogging mess of a tutorial with occasional bright spots, with the DS4 not at all feeling right in the same way the Vita hardware did. Then all of a sudden, just like the Vita version, once you reach The Lab the game finally tries to do a bunch of fun things with the tools it gives you. Finally, halfway through, the game feels like it starts.

Real shame so much of it is so thin because the back half is a good to great puzzle platformer that I'd fully recommend to anyone. Even the DS4 finally feels like it fits in the back half. As it stands though, it's so hard to recommend someone play a 5 hour tutorial to get to the good stuff.

Other than that, I have:

Fallout 4 which I basically played for 35 hours and then dropped like a hot rock like I do with basically every Bethesda game not named New Vegas, although I like it a lot more than Oblivion, Skyrim, or Fallout 3.

Still like halfway through Stretchmo, a game which will be in my top 10 this year with no doubt.

Atelier Shallie and Xenowhatever X are on their way from Gamefly :p

And then somewhere in all this, I have to fit in finishing Pillars of Eternity which I stopped playing for no apparent reason months ago and never got back to.

Gonna have a lot to finish before the end of the year.

Edit: Forgot I bought Lara Croft GO for $2 the other day also. Too much on my plate.

Xenoflare

Man that Deemo bundle looks so nice.

I know this is still very early but is Xcom Vita getting a physical release?

My 16 GB card can't catch up anymore, might have to ask friends overseas to find me a 64 one

autoduelist

...Wow.

All debate is a discussion of different perspectives. He appeared to think the loss of physical presence spelled doom for the vita, and we were simply pointing out it doesn't mean that, and that the vita has long survived without a physical presence in major areas. I'm not sure why he was so hurt by opposing opinion nor why people are jumping to his defense - the entire point of a forum is discussion, and discussion often involves opposing viewpoints.

I don't think that's what 2+2=5 was saying, at all. The discussion, to me, did not seem like anyone was talking about what we might want at retail, but rather, what it means for the vita's future.

Obviously, everyone here wishes the Vita had a vibrant retail presence. That's a pretty much a given. Nobody takes issue to 'wanting' that.

I don't remember you talking anything about Dead star, I thought it had your name written all over it, am I wrong?

It's got my name ALL over it.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Coming this week... "Guns, Gore, & Cannoli".

Is this like Cash Guns Chaos? Which, I've now realized, is so forgotten in the mists of time that it doesn't even have a MobyGames page. Weird.

Finishing up Plague Knight expansion of Shovel Knight
Trying to beat last boss on NG+ of Bloodborne DLC (hahahaha!!!)
Dipping my toe back into Destiny with friends
Getting ready to fire up Bastion on Vita
Sprinkling in some Rayman Origins on Vita too (more once Plague Knight is done)

All debate is a discussion of different perspectives. He appeared to think the loss of physical presence spelled doom for the vita, and we were simply pointing out it doesn't mean that, and that the vita has long survived without a physical presence in major areas. I'm not sure why he was so hurt by opposing opinion nor why people are jumping to his defense - the entire point of a forum is discussion, and discussion often involves opposing viewpoints.

I'd suggest maybe going back to read my posts again if that's what you took from them.

Which is the main reason I got defensive, I suppose - I kept re-iterating the same things (which were not "loss of physical presence spell doom for the Vita") but I seemed to be getting a load of responses that were to do with that.

For me, the tone got a bit accusatory too ("so what?" "what is your problem?!") which was probably just me being soft, although I'm slightly grateful someone else thought so too.

Anyway, it's done now. Let's move on.

Should probably answer this while I'm here. Hollow Fragment; EDF 2017; InFAMOUS 2.

So the email hack to get things off the Vita whitelist doesn't work and now I can't send out email from my Vita anymore. Tried lots of things. I gotta hook up a cable to my PC like a caveman to get screenshots.

Impression dump:

AdbSKNX.jpg

Organ Trail Vita - The name also implies there will be bad jokes and cutesy wordplay but thankfully there is none of this. The game actually sticks faithfully to the Oregon Trail formula and has you traveling across America to escape zombies. The developers basically redid the original Oregon Trail with a zombie setting. Gameplay is the very similar. Hunting is a frustrating experience where you have to aim backwards to a normal twin stick shooter. To be fair it would probably break the game if you could just do a standard twin stick shooter controls. This is the greatest weakness where hunting is the least favorite task where in Oregon Trail it was everyone’s favorite. Overall the game is a lot of fun and not as dumb as you think it would be. Get it.

wle1Rt2.jpg

Penarium PS4 - Really fun arcadey one screen platformer reminiscent of Whoah Dave. Suprisingly keeps things fresh by changing a lot during the campaign. It gets really hard. Get it.

rIHMTwU.jpg

Godzilla PS4 - This game is total crap. Worst game of the year. Destroying cities might have been fun if it wasn't clunky and unresponsive to control. Repetitive missions. Grinding to get bigger. Nothing is good about this game. Shit no.

vO5hqiD.jpg

King's Quest - Charming but puzzles too easy so far.
Battlefront & BLOPS 3 - No more words need to be said about these games but they are excellent.

Working GOTY

1. Rocket League
  2. Helldivers
  3. Black OPS 3
  4. Codename STEAM
  5. Adventures of Pip
  6. Mad Max
  7. Geometry Wars 3 Vita
  8. Whoa Dave!
  9. Transformers Devastation
  10. Battlefront
  11. Shovel Knight
  12. Super Time Force
  13. Olli Olli 2
  14. VVVVVVV

Worst of the year:
  1. Godzilla
  2. Mastercube
  3. Damascus Gear: Operation Tokyo
  4. Yorbie - Episode One: Payback's a Bolt
  5. Ubisoft board games (Risk, Boggle, Trivia Pursuit, Risk)

It's nice to see how different we all are even though we all share the same interest. It breaks my heart though to see that noone is playing BigFest as it's one of my greatest surprises this year.

Top Bottom