• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

Flandy

CV1ixMhUwAAXdsX.png:large

D:

Just saw the tweet, very cool! They really are making it a holiday game!

Now it's just The Banner Saga needing a date! They mentioned console development and milestones two days back, so I'm hoping it's this month.

And XCOM!

Edit:after watching a couple of episodes of Steins;Gate I knew that it would be amazing, so I stopped watching it and started to pray for a localization of the game. Even with that high expectations the game is one of the best game experiences that I have ever had and one of few games that I never grew tired of even though it took me well over 30 hours to finish. Had I never played the PS4 version of Wasteland 2 (my GOAT)It would easily have been my GOTY 2015.

I have now seen a couple of psycho pass episodes and that was enough to make me stop and wait/hope for a Vita port(maybe we'll hear something during jump festa december 21st :)

The same goes for attack on titan.

Ashhong

Sorry this isn't a PSN question but I don't know where else to ask:

I just got a new PS4 and immediately swapped out the harddrive with a spare 750gb that I had taken out of a Macbook. I forgot to restore it before putting it in the PS4. Do I need to?

I did a "Full System Install" and it said I would lose all content etc etc. I check my system storage and I have a max capacity of 634GB. Is that about right? Do you guys have about 100GB less than your HDD capacity?

Sorry this isn't a PSN question but I don't know where else to ask:

I just got a new PS4 and immediately swapped out the harddrive with a spare 750gb that I had taken out of a Macbook. I forgot to restore it before putting it in the PS4. Do I need to?

I did a "Full System Install" and it said I would lose all content etc etc. I check my system storage and I have a max capacity of 634GB. Is that about right? Do you guys have about 100GB less than your HDD capacity?

A "750GB" hard drive only gives a maximum of ~698GB of usable space. Subtract from that anything needed for the system and marginal rounding errors and there you have it.

Ashhong

A "750GB" hard drive only gives a maximum of ~698GB of usable space. Subtract from that anything needed for the system and marginal rounding errors and there you have it.

Yea I know it doesn't actually give 750gb, just wanted to make sure the Macbook partitions got deleted correctly without opening the PS4 again.

Yea I know it doesn't actually give 750gb, just wanted to make sure the Macbook partitions got deleted correctly without opening the PS4 again.

Well I'm not 100% that you've got the entirety of the hard drive if it was partitioned as I'm not completely sure how the PS4's format utility handles that. If you're missing any space though it's ~50GB or less (likely less).

shmoglish

I agree, not as deep as something like Themepark but to me the theme and gameplay makes bigfest a really fun "go to" game.

The only thing that I miss are some indie Christmas music and the ability to regrow trees to further make your festival visually unique.

Some mor themed songs were nice. At least you can plant bushes when you unlock them.

Something like an endless mode would be cool. Start in the beginning with no name bands and create a huge festival.

But one question. How can I upgrade my stores? There is a mission in the second row, but I have no idea how it works.

Some mor themed songs were nice. At least you can plant bushes when you unlock them.

Something like an endless mode would be cool. Start in the beginning with no name bands and create a huge festival.

But one question. How can I upgrade my stores? There is a mission in the second row, but I have no idea how it works.

The tents above the VIP tent will let you upgrade your stalls :)

Do you know how to change your visitor's outfits, is this only done by having different merchandise stalls?

shmoglish

The tents above the VIP tent will let you upgrade your stalls :)

Do you know how to change your visitor's outfits, is this only done by having different merchandise stalls?

Thank you very much. Tried everything.... but not those tents. Having a big fest stage level 5 but only level one shops...

Sorry, I have no idea and think the merchandise stalls are the only way to change their outfits.

I should stop using VIP Tickets. Got over 100 already, because it is to easy to get them.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I said that because Amazon has everything (in due time), VGP doesn't.
Also I'm not saying it's a good console for collectors, my point is that almost everything is physical and easily found anywhere online unless it's a LE.
But who the fuck calls himself a collector and doesn't buy online when even soccer moms buy their stuff on Amazon?

Agreed, if you can't do basic research or buy it online.. how does one call himself a collector? You can't find limitedrungames at gamestop.

It makes no sense.

Wait wait i was always talking about more "casual" people who usually buy retail games in physical stores, after so many posts i thought it was clear i was talking about them so i called them "collector"(opposed to those who don't "collect" retail games because buy digitally) for brevity.

Well at least we agree that vita isn't ideal for whatever "collectors"(but this is a bad thing).

Is there no sandbox mode in BigFest? It's not a dealbreaker for me, but I much prefer the whole "do whatever you want" aspect to games like that than mission-based.

Then again, Theme Hopsital is my favourite sim game ever, and that didn't have sandbox, so I can certainly get over it.

So I finished Bastion on Vita earlier, and damn what a good game. I prefer to play on Vita, so this was my first experience with it - but judging solely from that, here are some brief thoughts on the Vita version.

It's a perfect mix of exploration and action; with a consistently interesting design in the "it builds around you" bits, some awesome weapons (the
machete
is my favourite), some really interesting and detailed locales (
especially post-core collection when you get the darker areas
), and lots of unique enemies to take on (
fucking anklegators
).

I sat down to play "just a few minutes" at least a few times and looked up to see an hour or two had passed - so it's definitely addictive and attention-holding as well.

Here are the only issues I encountered (both of which could very possibly be fixed via a patch);

• some items don't get explained when you talk to the people in the Bastion (it just shows the picture and plays music)
  • There are minor frame rate issues, though it doesn't seem to dip much (or the effects mask it)
Still, Bastion was a great way to spend a couple hours - and if you were on the fence or wondering about the Vita version there you go. ;)

RK128

There's a PS4 TMNT game releasing in 2016 at the latest.
It's from Platinum.

And considering the Platinum game is likely coming out alongside the upcoming film or a little latter, Bibop and Rocksteady likely are going to appear in the game in some form :).

The trailer looked really good; had a light hearted tone, greater focus on the Turtles and the new characters look great. Getting the Arrow guy to play Casey Jones is a good pick for example (as he was great in Arrow).

Is there no sandbox mode in BigFest? It's not a dealbreaker for me, but I much prefer the whole "do whatever you want" aspect to games like that than mission-based.

Then again, Theme Hopsital is my favourite sim game ever, and that didn't have sandbox, so I can certainly get over it.

I don't know how long the game is but I haven't seen a sandbox mode yet, that being said your festival is persistent throughout the game and the fact that you can choose your own background music makes every poster feeling like a progression.
It's also impossible to play the game from start to finish and collect three stars without replaying stages (but you can play earlier posters and the visitors will still "level scale" and tell you that you need more of x).

kunnikuman

Neo Member
Wait wait i was always talking about more "casual" people who usually buy retail games in physical stores, after so many posts i thought it was clear i was talking about them so i called them "collector"(opposed to those who don't "collect" retail games because buy digitally) for brevity.

Well at least we agree that vita isn't ideal for whatever "collectors"(but this is a bad thing).
What are you talking about? And I most definitely haven't agreed.

So I finished Bastion on Vita earlier, and damn what a good game. I prefer to play on Vita, so this was my first experience with it - but judging solely from that, here are some brief thoughts on the Vita version.

It's a perfect mix of exploration and action; with a consistently interesting design in the "it builds around you" bits, some awesome weapons (the
machete
fucking anklegators
).

I sat down to play "just a few minutes" at least a few times and looked up to see an hour or two had passed - so it's definitely addictive and attention-holding as well.

Here are the only issues I encountered (both of which could very possibly be fixed via a patch);

• some items don't get explained when you talk to the people in the Bastion (it just shows the picture and plays music)
  • There are minor frame rate issues, though it doesn't seem to dip much (or the effects mask it)
Still, Bastion was a great way to spend a couple hours - and if you were on the fence or wondering about the Vita version there you go. ;)
Saw you beat it. I think that 2nd issue might actually be intended. For example, I don't think
Zulf is supposed to have lines about the crest, since part of the job of those on the wall was to look out for enemy Ura.

I'm about half way through but I'm making an effort to 100% everything since its been while since I've played the game without speed running

RK128

machete
fucking anklegators
).

Didn't beat Bastion yet but I really am enjoying my time with it :).

Glad you had a great time with the title :D! Looking forward to Vita Lounge's review on the game :).

Saw you beat it. I think that 2nd issue might actually be intended. For example, I don't think
Zulf is supposed to have lines about the crest, since part of the job of those on the wall was to look out for enemy Ura.

I'm about half way through but I'm making an effort to 100% everything since its been while since I've played the game without speed running

If it's intended then it's a poor design of the system that you can choose things to talk about and not even get a response. Something like "I have no idea what that is." from a character who's uninformed on the subject would've been much more clear.

I tried to get a lot of the stuff on my first playthrough, and even backed up my save at the choices near the end to make sure I saw all the endings. I got a lot of the trophies aside from the statue ones and the ones you pretty much need NG+ for. Going for those now.

Didn't beat Bastion yet but I really am enjoying my time with it :).

Glad you had a great time with the title :D! Looking forward to Vita Lounge's review on the game :).

Good to hear others are enjoying it as well. I won't be reviewing it, but Paul is and I'm sure he'll do a great job (even if I have to poke him into it - haha).

EVE Burst Error R is coming to PS4 and Vita next year in February. Don't know if this means in the West or in JP, but the info is from Rice Digital so it might be coming to the west? I don't know haha

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/eve-burst-error-r-coming-to-vita-and-pc/

It's in Japan and it's only on Vita and PC.

What Prelude said; no Western announcement (yet) and just recently announced for Japan.

KanameYuuki

Now that Freedom Wars is free I been having this need to get me a Vita and what I find funny is that not even the game itself sold me to get it, it was the song Ibara Lullaby, I really like it haha.

But I'be been at 6 different malls and none of the have one, I'm seriously speechless, not even the official Sony store has stock in my country, Did I miss anything? Is there a new bundle coming out? Was it selling so badly the even stopped manufacturing it?

And I also wanted to check, the only cards they sell are 4-8GBs, it more than enough for any game? as soon as the dollar stops being so expensive I'll buy a 16-32 one.

If it's intended then it's a poor design of the system that you can choose things to talk about and not even get a response. Something like "I have no idea what that is." from a character who's uninformed on the subject would've been much more clear.

I tried to get a lot of the stuff on my first playthrough, and even backed up my save at the choices near the end to make sure I saw all the endings. I got a lot of the trophies aside from the statue ones and the ones you pretty much need NG+ for. Going for those now.

i think you're looking at it the wrong way. It's not that you show someone the item and they don't know how to respond, it's that they're deliberately not wanting to respond/ignoring you. With
the crest and zulf, as mentioned prior, he has a bias against the kid because of that crest, so he rebuffs you when you try to get his opinion on it.
Maybe they could've handled it better but i don't think it's as jarring as you make it out to be.

The trophies seem more sparse than I expected. Haven't taken a proper look at the list but I'm surprised at how few trophies I've gotten thus far. will probably get the plat in due time, though.

Now that Freedom Wars is free I been having this need to get me a Vita and what I find funny is that not even the game itself sold me to get it, it was the song Ibara Lullaby, I really like it haha.

But I'be been at 6 different malls and none of the have one, I'm seriously speechless, not even the official Sony store has stock in my country, Did I miss anything? Is there a new bundle coming out? Was it selling so badly the even stopped manufacturing it?

And I also wanted to check, the only cards they sell are 4-8GBs, it more than enough for any game? as soon as the dollar stops being so expensive I'll buy a 16-32 one.

There's no new bundle we know of. It's possible you just have bad timing, either with regards to restocking or because Christmas is coming.

Minimum size memory card I'd get is an 8GB, which can sustain you if you sync to PC/PS3 and will hold any single game fully patched.

i think you're looking at it the wrong way. It's not that you show someone the item and they don't know how to respond, it's that they're deliberately not wanting to respond/ignoring you. With
the crest and zulf, as mentioned prior, he has a bias against the kid because of that crest, so he rebuffs you when you try to get his opinion on it.
Maybe they could've handled it better but i don't think it's as jarring as you make it out to be.

The trophies seem more sparse than I expected. Haven't taken a proper look at the list but I'm surprised at how few trophies I've gotten thus far. will probably get the plat in due time, though.

It's not jarring, just seems weird that they allow you to ask with no response but a time wasting animation. Counterproductive and illogical IMO.

Nuclear Throne is so fucking good. World 5 boss is fucking hard. I've had some really poor ammo luck every time I get there, too.

I wish the game had more control options, and I wish it recorded way more stats (I want to know how many times I've been blown up by cars). Other than those things, though, it's pretty flawless.

Hey all, my account finally got activated, so now I can stop lurking!

Hope you can find one, I absolutely love my Vita, though I admittedly haven't played Freedom Wars yet. For memory cards, it might be worth looking at importing a 64 GB. They yen's pretty weak at the moment, maybe there's some decent prices out there? It's probably overkill, but unless you're a serious digital hoarder (as I know some people are), it means you'll almost never have to deal with shuffling games around. I'm definitely happier with mine than the 16 gig card that I was using before. Heck, maybe look into importing the Vita, too. Then you can get one of the nice colors that they never bothered to bring to the west.

Welcome!

Re: memory cards, I'm still of the mind that 32GB is the sweet spot for folks who don't want to pay so much for a 64, and who aren't totally digital (or otherwise don't mind shuffling their games). You can get one on sale or via some import/marketplace site for a pretty decent price these days.

KanameYuuki

Hope you can find one, I absolutely love my Vita, though I admittedly haven't played Freedom Wars yet. For memory cards, it might be worth looking at importing a 64 GB. They yen's pretty weak at the moment, maybe there's some decent prices out there? It's probably overkill, but unless you're a serious digital hoarder (as I know some people are), it means you'll almost never have to deal with shuffling games around. I'm definitely happier with mine than the 16 gig card that I was using before. Heck, maybe look into importing the Vita, too. Then you can get one of the nice colors that they never bothered to bring to the west.

I wish I could import it : ( my credit card for international shopping is completely full thanks to a shopping spree I did recently in dollars and then bit me in the ass, so I'll have to do it with the other one just for national stuff, I think I found a retailer so I'll check it this weekend (fingers crossed) and it would be for like $215 BL2 bundle so I guess that's fine, I love that game.

And welcome to the forum!!!

yaffi

Welcome!

Re: memory cards, I'm still of the mind that 32GB is the sweet spot for folks who don't want to pay so much for a 64, and who aren't totally digital (or otherwise don't mind shuffling their games). You can get one on sale or via some import/marketplace site for a pretty decent price these days.

I still feel really lucky I got a 32GB card for free when I bought the Vita 2 years ago.

Agram

Guys, should I buy Destiny or wait (and hope) for The Witcher 3 to be on sale?
Destiny's price in EU is amazing.

Tizoc

Guys, should I buy Destiny or wait (and hope) for The Witcher 3 to be on sale?
Destiny's price in EU is amazing.

You mean Amazingly ridiculous? I say go for $10 or bust, $15 at the most.
Witcha 3 is liable to go on sale.
It usually does :p

Top Bottom