• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

incpdo

I think people say that due to not knowing the reality of the situation of the Vita. Despite selling badly in the west (and slowly losing sales in JP), the Vita got a LOT of games across indie titles, PSN games and full retail/digital titles.

But most on NeoGaf likely to pick on the Vita due to it being an easy target, so their loss I guess :l.

2020 or 2021 will be the year the Vita offically ends I think and considering the life-cycle of the console (first party support from 2012/2013-2015/indie support from 2013-Present/JP support from 2012/2013-Present), the system should be fine.
I have around 40 games already released that I want to buy and around 30 announced titles that I'm looking forward. Considering I have around 250 games including Psp and psone. I have plenty to play till 2021 and beyond. So yeah Vita is the new game gear a console that I loved personally and suffered from similar issues the last child of Sony brought to us.

Edit top of the page: please do yourself a favor and buy Dracula x chronicles, gurumin, tactics ogre and Jeanne d'arc . for Vita native games give a chance to borderlands 2 if you find it cheap, also resident revelations 2 and buy xcom when the game finally releases.

RK128

I have around 40 games already released that I want to buy and around 30 announced titles that I'm looking forward. Considering I have around 250 games including Psp and psone. I have plenty to play till 2021 and beyond. So yeah Vita is the new game gear a console that I loved personally and suffered from similar issues the last child of Sony brought to us.

Edit top of the page: please do yourself a favor and buy Dracula x chronicles, gurumin, tactics ogre and Jeanne d'arc . for Vita native games give a chance to borderlands 2 if you find it cheap, also resident revelations 2 and buy xcom when the game finally releases.

Own Dracula X and Gurumin, so I got them buddy :). They are both great games (though I got further in Gurumin; suck at playing Classic Castlevainna :().

autoduelist

Vitagaffers! Just some simple questions:
What are your predictions regarding the end of the Ps vita life cycle ? When is going to be the last drop of third party support? Who will be the last big-medium size company in launching a game for the console? How many games will you have at the end? What game from wester seas companies is going to be the last game?
I just find interesting to know what do you think about this topic.

My prediction is , Vita is dying on 2018 but the last game for it will be on 2020 , its going to be some Japanese only awesome game but made by indie devs. Probably a shooter ala Dreamcast style.
The last not indie company in launching a game will be tecmo koei.
I'll have more than 350 games .
The last game from western seas companies its going to be yet another assasin s creed chronicles.

I don't know that Sony is ready to commit to leaving the handheld market. I mean, I know they don't want to release a Vita 2 soon or anything, but they are, first and foremost, a gadget company. Add to that they also have the dominant console 'gaming ecosystem' on the planet. So leaving an entire market that is tailor made for them is actually counter-intuitive.

Now, it makes perfect sense for them to wait till the market is ready for a new device. That can mean many things -- a shift in how we use technology, for example [ie, tape to cd, cd to mp3 -- mp3 allowed completely new players to dominate the market]. And I think they 'want' to make a new device in a general sense.. that is, they may not want to make it now, at all, but in theory they'd love to control handheld gaming [even if that means something different in 10 years, like an evolved psnow on tablets or some new device entirely].

And if they want to control handheld gaming, they need to leave that door open a little bit. They know they've got a dedicated and loyal fanbase on vita and I'm sure they understand abandoning us completely would likely close that door forever.

Also important to remember is many vita owners/faithful don't have an exit strategy. We're invested in the ecosystem, we're content with the graphics quality, and we don't really want to shift to nintendo. As long as we're getting some amount of attention, we'll stay.

So. I think they'll keep vita on life support as long as they can -- encouraging indies, localizations, third parties in Japan, etc. So I don't think you're far off in your predictions... I think we'll be getting games at about the current pace for several years. Obviously, the pure quantity will begin to dry out eventually, but not today -- as we're seeing, if anything, we've been getting more localizations lately, not less. Vita is a niche, sure, but it's a niche that has a community that is willing to spend money, and as long as we buy games, someone will make them.

RK128

I don't know that Sony is ready to commit to leaving the handheld market. I mean, I know they don't want to release a Vita 2 soon or anything, but they are, first and foremost, a gadget company. Add to that they also have the dominant console 'gaming ecosystem' on the planet. So leaving an entire market that is tailor made for them is actually counter-intuitive.

Now, it makes perfect sense for them to wait till the market is ready for a new device. That can mean many things -- a shift in how we use technology, for example [ie, tape to cd, cd to mp3 -- mp3 allowed completely new players to dominate the market]. And I think they 'want' to make a new device in a general sense.. that is, they may not want to make it now, at all, but in theory they'd love to control handheld gaming [even if that means something different in 10 years, like an evolved psnow on tablets or some new device entirely].

And if they want to control handheld gaming, they need to leave that door open a little bit. They know they've got a dedicated and loyal fanbase on vita and I'm sure they understand abandoning us completely would likely close that door forever.

Also important to remember is many vita owners/faithful don't have an exit strategy. We're invested in the ecosystem, we're content with the graphics quality, and we don't really want to shift to nintendo. As long as we're getting some amount of attention, we'll stay.

So. I think they'll keep vita on life support as long as they can -- encouraging indies, localizations, third parties in Japan, etc. So I don't think you're far off in your predictions... I think we'll be getting games at about the current pace for several years. Obviously, the pure quantity will begin to dry out eventually, but not today -- as we're seeing, if anything, we've been getting more localizations lately, not less. Vita is a niche, sure, but it's a niche that has a community that is willing to spend money, and as long as we buy games, someone will make them.

I don't know, everything they've been doing so far indicates to me they are done with handheld gaming and will be happy investing resources into other ventures like PS VR (note how Guerrilla Cambridge, a Vita dev, is making a likely launch title for the project).

I would honestly be surprised if they made a Vita 2, PSP 2 or whatever; as Sony showed and stated many times they are done supporting first party releases for the console, calling it a legacy console and officially stated by Shu that first party studios halted development on Vita projects.

Its also worth noting that they canceled Vita projects; Sony Bend was making another Uncharted game for Vita but that got scrapped by Naughty Dog, they wanted to make an Infamous Vita game but that was scrapped too. They were also making an original IP for the Vita but, yet again, that got scrapped. So, now they are making a PS4 project, which entered full development this January.

What does that tell you about their commitment to the Vita? They don't care about it, their studios see the console as an afterthought and something not worth working on.

They will still support indies and localizations for the Vita due to it being cheaper than investing money into first party projects to the Vita. But that is to just keep us happy, people buying games on the platform and ensuring they don't get backlash.

I will defend Sony's moves in courting indies and JP publishers/developers to the Vita, as that was a great move by them. I will also commend them for making really great exclusives in the first two/three years of the consoles life cycle. But that's it; I will not say 'Sony's doing a great job!' when they clearly aren't.

They don't care about handheld gaming and the ONLY reason they would make a Vita 2 or another handheld would be to appease the JP developer that profit off of Vita sales in JP and Asia, as its doing well there.

What are your predictions regarding the end of the Ps vita life cycle ? When is going to be the last drop of third party support? Who will be the last big-medium size company in launching a game for the console? How many games will you have at the end? What game from wester seas companies is going to be the last game?

Didn't have time to answer this earlier, but here goes.

I'm predicting end of life be 2019/2020. We have games for sure not coming into 2017 that're announced right now, and tons of games that could well be localized as well. Being that 2017 is already "busy" in my mind, I can see that trickling down to 2018 as well and 2019 being stragglers.

Third party support won't dry up 'til the end, I can see someone bringing out games right 'til the "last stand" just because the community is so strong and being the last one bringing them games would guarantee they sold well as it's all people would be getting of high acclaim.

I'm predicting that I have ~250+ native PSVita titles by the end, and I'm sitting just over half that right now.

I can't predict a last Western game or "the last big-medium size company in launching a game for the console" as I doubt the last Western game has even been announced yet and am unsure what exactly that other thing means.

RK128

Didn't have time to answer this earlier, but here goes.

I'm predicting end of life be 2019/2020. We have games for sure not coming into 2017 that're announced right now, and tons of games that could well be localized as well. Being that 2017 is already "busy" in my mind, I can see that trickling down to 2018 as well and 2019 being stragglers.

Third party support won't dry up 'til the end, I can see someone bringing out games right 'til the "last stand" just because the community is so strong and being the last one bringing them games would guarantee they sold well as it's all people would be getting of high acclaim.

I'm predicting that I have ~250+ native PSVita titles by the end, and I'm sitting just over half that right now.

I can't predict a last Western game or "the last big-medium size company in launching a game for the console" as I doubt the last Western game has even been announced yet and am unsure what exactly that other thing means.

The last western game could be either a 3rd Party Productions port (not likely) or Activision/2K Games porting some smaller game to the console.

The last western game could be either a 3rd Party Productions port (not likely) or Activision/2K Games porting some smaller game to the console.

Western game means a game made in the West. As much as someone might not want to count them (for whatever ridiculous reason) indies, ports, and cross-buy titles are a good percentage Western-developed. We'll be set on those for a while.

RK128

Western game means a game made in the West. As much as someone might not want to count them (for whatever ridiculous reason) indies, ports, and cross-buy titles are a good percentage Western-developed. We'll be set on those for a while.

I'm sorry if I insulted Indie developers; love a lot of their output on the Vita :D.

I guess by that logic.......it could mean that the last batch of western games could be a bunch of indie games that are Vita-Cross Buy.

autoduelist

I don't know, everything they've been doing so far indicates to me they are done with handheld gaming and will be happy investing resources into other ventures like PS VR (note how Guerrilla Cambridge, a Vita dev, is making a likely launch title for the project).

I would honestly be surprised if they made a Vita 2, PSP 2 or whatever; as Sony showed and stated many times they are done supporting first party releases for the console, calling it a legacy console and officially stated by Shu that first party studios halted development on Vita projects.

Its also worth noting that they canceled Vita projects; Sony Bend was making another Uncharted game for Vita but that got scrapped by Naughty Dog, they wanted to make an Infamous Vita game but that was scrapped too. They were also making an original IP for the Vita but, yet again, that got scrapped. So, now they are making a PS4 project, which entered full development this January.

What does that tell you about their commitment to the Vita? They don't care about it, their studios see the console as an afterthought and something not worth working on.

They will still support indies and localizations for the Vita due to it being cheaper than investing money into first party projects to the Vita. But that is to just keep us happy, people buying games on the platform and ensuring they don't get backlash.

I will defend Sony's moves in courting indies and JP publishers/developers to the Vita, as that was a great move by them. I will also commend them for making really great exclusives in the first two/three years of the consoles life cycle. But that's it; I will not say 'Sony's doing a great job!' when they clearly aren't.

They don't care about handheld gaming and the ONLY reason they would make a Vita 2 or another handheld would be to appease the JP developer that profit off of Vita sales in JP and Asia, as its doing well there.

A couple things -- not making AAA games is not the same as abandoning it. I don't blame them for scrapping AAA games -- they weren't selling. Scrapping those projects has nothing to do with 'commitment' to me, it was a sane decision. While we, as fans, may want Sony to throw good money after bad, i can't fault them for not doing so.

Two -- they never called it a 'legacy' system. Andrew House was in an investment meeting and was talking about writing off specific components of units (think OLED screens). The entire slideshow and his speech are available online. If you watch it, it's crystal clear he wasn't just taken out of context, the entire 'legacy system' was practically made up. He didn't say it, he didn't mean it, and it required active, intentional misinterpretation for journalists to report that he did.
here's the slideshow/presentation:
http://www.irwebcasting.com/20150527/4/affbb60304/mov/main/index.html
The actual pertinent part is actually pretty early, slide 5.

And finally, nobody is saying you [or I] need to say "Sony is doing a great job!" Clearly, the Vita did not sell to expectations -- in fact, it was a failure. Where we differ is that it doesn't upset me that Sony stopped making AAA games because most companies would have completely dropped Vita as a failure. I'm happy Sony spent the time and resources to reposition Vita as what it is now -- indies/localizations. Yes, Sony gave up on making the Vita a huge hit, and sure, it's easy to play backseat driver and say 'they should have done this, or should have done that'.. but at the end of the day, they did what they thought would work, it didn't, and instead of abandoning us they saw what we were actually buying and supported us. I'm okay with that.

And of course they care about handheld gaming. You're talking about the company that brought us the Walkman. Sony wants to rule electronic handheld entertainment... but they also need to be realistic and don't have endless money. Don't confuse a confusing time in the industry (what with mobile phones, tablets, etc) with Sony not wanting to dominate the industry. Just because they may be trigger shy after the vita's failure to release a new gaming device into a confusing, restricting market doesn't mean they don't want to come up with the next big thing.

RK128

A couple things -- not making AAA games is not the same as abandoning it. I don't blame them for scrapping AAA games -- they weren't selling.

Two -- they never called it a 'legacy' system. Andrew House was in an investment meeting and was talking about writing off specific components of units (think OLED screens). The entire slideshow and his speech are available online. If you watch it, it's crystal clear he wasn't just taken out of context, the entire 'legacy system' was practically made up. He didn't say it, he didn't mean it, and it required active, intentional misinterpretation for journalists to report that he did.
here's the slideshow/presentation:
http://www.irwebcasting.com/20150527/4/affbb60304/mov/main/index.html
The actual pertinent part is actually pretty early, slide 5.

And finally, nobody is saying you [or I] need to say "Sony is doing a great job!" Clearly, the Vita did not sell to expectations -- in fact, it was a failure. Where we differ is that it doesn't upset me that Sony stopped making AAA games because most companies would have completely dropped Vita as a failure. I'm happy Sony spent the time and resources to reposition Vita as what it is now -- indies/localizations. Yes, Sony gave up on making the Vita a huge hit, and sure, it's easy to play backseat driver and say 'they should have done this, or should have done that'.. but at the end of the day, they did what they thought would work, it didn't, and instead of abandoning us they saw what we were actually buying and supported us. I'm okay with that.

And of course they care about handheld gaming. You're talking about the company that brought us the Walkman. Sony wants to rule electronic handheld entertainment... but they also need to be realistic and don't have endless money. Don't confuse a confusing time in the industry (what with mobile phones, tablets, etc) with Sony not wanting to dominate the industry. Just because they may be trigger shy to release a new gaming device into a confusing, restricting market doesn't mean they don't want to come up with the next big thing.

I will always be bitter with Sony for not trying harder with the Vita (more advertisement, push the AAA games you DO have....why in NA did we not get system bundles with Tearaway and Killzone, make memory cards cheaper, ect) but you are right; they don't have to make AAA games to show they want to make the system appealing to people.

Honestly, I agree with you regarding how they shifted focus on the platform; focus on courting indie and JP publishers/developers, which then take up the majority of the system's library output and then you can pull internal studios/developers onto the PS4 and PS VR. Considering how it could of went with the Vita (with 3rd parties not supporting it), this was the better option for everyone.

Will agree with you on the last point when I see something that proves it to me. They may want to push in the mobile market, but not the handheld one. Until we get a new Vita announcement or when they start putting the Vita within Press Conferences, I will sing a different tune. Until then though, will see Sony as someone who gave up in the mobile market.

The Walkman and other media players are NOT video game consoles, so while Sony the electronic company wants to make mobile devices, Sony the Game Company does not want to.

You bring up great points so thank you for sharing them with us man :).

autoduelist

I will always be bitter with Sony for not trying harder with the Vita (more advertisement, push the AAA games you DO have....why in NA did we not get system bundles with Tearaway and Killzone, make memory cards cheaper, ect) but you are right; they don't have to make AAA games to show they want to make the system appealing to people.

Honestly, I agree with you regarding how they shifted focus on the platform; focus on courting indie and JP publishers/developers, which then take up the majority of the system's library output and then you can pull internal studios/developers onto the PS4 and PS VR. Considering how it could of went with the Vita (with 3rd parties not supporting it), this was the better option for everyone.

Will agree with you on the last point when I see something that proves it to me. They may want to push in the mobile market, but not the handheld one. Until we get a new Vita announcement or when they start putting the Vita within Press Conferences, I will sing a different tune. Until then though, will see Sony as someone who gave up in the mobile market.

The Walkman and other media players are NOT video game consoles, so while Sony the electronic company wants to make mobile devices, Sony the Game Company does not want to.

You bring up great points so thank you for sharing them with us man :).

Oh, it's fair to be bitter. And I bet if we, the gaming public, actually bought Tearaway or Killzone: Mercenaries Sony might have kept investing in a couple games [although if that happened, the vita might be dead now since they wouldn't have repositioned to indies and AAA].

I don't think spending advertising dollars would have done a damn thing. I'm quite happy they spent that on indies/localizations. I also don't think bundles would have changed anything -- the issue is that people weren't going into Target and Best Buy and wherever to even look for Vitas... it's not like new bundles would have gotten them into stores.

As for needing proof, the only thing i'm pointing out is that Sony is synonymous with a couple things: 1) handheld gadgets. I was alive when the Walkman came out. They -owned- music -- and now apple is eating their lunch in that realm. They want that again. 2) Playstation -- the dominant gaming brand on the planet. They don't just want our tv gaming, they want our handheld gaming.

Now, wanting and getting are two different things. I'm not saying they're just going to invest millions 'just because'. They need a good idea, they need to be fairly confident it'll be successful, etc. Vita burned them, they don't want to repeat that. Their next 'handheld gaming' attempt may not even look like handheld gaming... maybe it'll be in 10 years and be a wearable vr gaming device. All i'm really saying is that I am sure they want to remain relevant in gaming and devices, and are looking for openings.

kevin1025

Banned
It's all the MiniDisc's fault!

I think Vita will stick around for a couple more years. The kinds of games it's been getting will continue to come, which is a-okay with me!

Oh, it's fair to be bitter. And I bet if we, the gaming public, actually bought Tearaway or Killzone: Mercenaries Sony might have kept investing in a couple games [although if that happened, the vita might be dead now since they wouldn't have repositioned to indies and AAA].

I don't think spending advertising dollars would have done a damn thing. I'm quite happy they spent that on indies/localizations. I also don't think bundles would have changed anything -- the issue is that people weren't going into Target and Best Buy and wherever to even look for Vitas... it's not like new bundles would have gotten them into stores.

As for needing proof, the only thing i'm pointing out is that Sony is synonymous with a couple things: 1) handheld gadgets. I was alive when the Walkman came out. They -owned- music -- and now apple is eating their lunch in that realm. They want that again. 2) Playstation -- the dominant gaming brand on the planet. They don't just want our tv gaming, they want our handheld gaming.

Now, wanting and getting are two different things. I'm not saying they're just going to invest millions 'just because'. They need a good idea, they need to be fairly confident it'll be successful, etc. Vita burned them, they don't want to repeat that. Their next 'handheld gaming' attempt may not even look like handheld gaming... maybe it'll be in 10 years and be a wearable vr gaming device. All i'm really saying is that I am sure they want to remain relevant in gaming and devices, and are looking for openings.

Sony messed up by even advertising the Vita as a mature AAA handheld device. Reason why the 3DS became so appealing is because Nintendo, made AA games for it, they pushed it to the kids/mainstream. Sony pushed the Vita to a niche that was never interested in handhelds to begin with.

Sony should have pushed for AA games to begin with, Parapa the Rapper, Loco Roco, a small Star Wars game and some Japanese games. but oh well, I'm tired of arguing about how and what Sony could have done differently.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sony quite frankly messed up even bothering with the Vita in the first place. The market had moved on and it didn't even have the sorts of franchises nor the care to carve out a Nintendo sized niche for the thing.

I'm glad they did as it is a fun system to own with some pretty good games on it, but it's clear they were moving on from the thing mere moments after releasing it.

Omerta

Sony don't lose money on the Vita and companies that release games on the system benefit from an insane attach rate from a loyal fanbase.

As long as developers don't over commit and publishers don't expect too much (and there's not much chance of that), there's no reason for any of that to change.

It just doesn't make business sense to shut it down any time soon.

Takao

Banned
Surprising no one, Trails in the Sky 3rd Chapter Evolution has been confirmed for Vita: http://www.sora-evo-3rd.com/

For whatever reason Kadokawa was silent on platform selection during the quasi-announcement for the game.

I know Falcom's CEO expressed interest in redoing the Gagharv games. Maybe that's next.

And I bet if we, the gaming public, actually bought Tearaway or Killzone: Mercenaries Sony might have kept investing in a couple games

I don't believe that. Every 'major' first-party Vita game was in development before the console released - Killzone was known about before the console released and we even know that Freedom Wars was in development for about 3 years (released in 2014, so started in 2011).

I think Bend getting Uncharted out of the door by December 2011 and then all the stories about failing to get another project greenlighted after that back it up too.

That plug was pulled well before Killzone & Tearaway.

I personally think 2017 is going to be the last year of anything notable. Already it seems like indies are being announced for PS4 only whereas a year or two ago they'd nearly have all been PS4/Vita. I think localizations will keep up throughout the next year (where they'll be a mix of exclusives and PS4 multi-plats) and then through to 2017 the majority will be multi-plats.

After that it'll still get games for a year or two at least, so maybe 2019 for when it peters out.

Shizuka

Surprising no one, Trails in the Sky 3rd Chapter Evolution has been confirmed for Vita: http://www.sora-evo-3rd.com/

For whatever reason Kadokawa was silent on platform selection during the quasi-announcement for the game.

I know Falcom's CEO expressed interest in redoing the Gagharv games. Maybe that's next.

I'm not interested as long as XSEED doesn't want to bother with those, which is a shame, because I really wanted these. Degica worked with the same companies and got it to work, if only Falcom's relationship wasn't exclusive.

autoduelist

That plug was pulled well before Killzone & Tearaway.

Quite possible, but my point was more that if one of them had been a runaway success (tearaway being a kid icon, say, or kz:merc mp becoming huge) and it moved vitas... they would have reinvested. instead, people that owned vitas didn't even buy them.

I can't blame sony for pulling the plug if we didn't buy these games. Heck, if they pulled the plug beforehand that just means they knew the writing was on the wall are were nice enough to finish KZM and Tearaway anyway.

Quite possible, but my point was more that if one of them had been a runaway success (tearaway being a kid icon, say, or kz:merc mp becoming huge) and it moved vitas... they would have reinvested. instead, people that owned vitas didn't even buy them.

Well, they had nothing to follow up Killzone or Tearaway, so if one of them had been a runaway success... what then? Wait 2+ years for games to be developed for the same market from scratch?

I honestly don't know what would happen in that situation. If they'd been a runaway success then sure, Sony would have to do something about it, but what could they realistically do having pulled all resources from the Vita aside from a few HD Collection ports and Borderlands?

I feel that's been Vita's biggest problem throughout. It's just been massive droughts and uncertainty about the future since the very beginning, the same kind of thing that's affected WiiU. 2012 wasn't too bad but even then, while PS360 were being propped up by third parties, Vita would get a few and otherwise you'd be waiting for the Sony games or Sony moneyhatted games. 2013 didn't really have any of that and so things starting falling apart in the west then.

As much as I don't want to drag this back into the realm of the old retail argument... it's still an important factor in selling consoles to have desirable games on shelves in stores, and there's only so many copies of last year's titles you can sell while you wait for the next big thing to hit.

(And even the next big thing might not save the console - WiiU has proved that)

Takao

Banned

I can't blame sony for pulling the plug if we didn't buy these games. Heck, if they pulled the plug beforehand that just means they knew the writing was on the wall are were nice enough to finish KZM and Tearaway anyway.

SCE made it very clear years ago that they don't care about handheld gaming. You need to look nowhere else than Japan. That's a market where handheld gaming is the dominant format by a significant margin. That's the market where it would've made sense to double down on trying to make Vita a successful platform. That's the market where SCEJA's best selling game in 2015 is Minecraft ... on Vita (which let me add, is their only non-budget reprint physical release on the platform in calendar 2015). That's the market where publishers have been not only able to survive, but thrive off of selling games to as little as 40k-100k consumers. Yet that's the market where the last locally relevant game Sony developed for the platform was announced in 2013. That's despite that game going on to sell over 300,000 copies locally. There's been no attempt to build on that. No low budget projects contracted out to third party studios. There's been literally nothing.

I think you're giving SCEE and SCEA undue praise for localizations on Vita. Outside of a single game, is there any reason to believe they're involved in any of that? They love telling the world they're supporting a series the world has said "no" to five times, so I find it hard to believe they're not willing to pat themselves on the back for translating third party Vita games. XSEED, Atlus, Aksys, Gaijinworks, etc. have been releasing Japanese games long before Vita was around. In fact, most of them supported PSP even when SCE was negligent enough to let some of that platform's biggest releases stay Japan-only. The same can be said for Vita. SCEJA probably translates more third party Vita games into English for sale in Hong Kong/Singapore/Philippines/etc. than SCEE/SCEA do for North America and Europe.

Recompose

Neo Member
Took a bit of effort, but I think I'm finally getting into Bastion. Good times.

I got that years ago on PC, I didn't get too far though since I felt it was kinda boring, but I do remember the music being pleasant enough. I got it again very recently when I found out it was on sale (and on the Vita!!) for like, $2. Hopefully I'll like it a lot more than I did when I first played it way back then.

nampad

si2QH3W.jpg

Bombing Busters Vita - It is a not very subtle Bomberman clone. It plays alright. Doesn't do anything interesting or unique. Couldn't find anybody to play online. Pass.

The Vita version has online? I thought it didn't. MP mode is important for me and would put it back on my buy list.

Xenoflare

Oh Christ Kevin what did they do to you.

I actually didn't bother with Zero no Kiseki and completely removed myself from following the franchise after getting extremely disappointing with the character designs.

incpdo

I think it'll be much sooner depending on when the NX handheld launches/if it's any good.
IMO Vita will not be affected by the nx , the 3ds will. Vita manages to stay alive even when the 3ds monster of sales is the only one giving real profit at least hardware wise. I know lots of Vita fans that are not interested in the nx even when seems something totally different it could be also another wii U case. Idk.

Hikami

IMO Vita will not be affected by the nx , the 3ds will. Vita manages to stay alive even when the 3ds monster of sales is the only one giving real profit at least hardware wise. I know lots of Vita fans that are not interested in the nx even when seems something totally different it could be also another wii U case. Idk.

That's why I said, it depends if the NX is any good in the first place.

neoemonk

Kind of a weird question, but is there any way to get my cloud saves without PS+?

My PS4 decided it would stop outputting video a few weeks ago, and after a support call they had me send it in for repair since it was still under warranty. While it was gone my PS+ sub expired, and I had already decided I didn't want to pay for it any longer.

Unfortunately when my PS4 came back, they sent me a new machine (different serial number). All of my saves are now locked in the cloud. I'm pretty much screwed without a backup, aren't I?

Saphirax

Kind of a weird question, but is there any way to get my cloud saves without PS+?

My PS4 decided it would stop outputting video a few weeks ago, and after a support call they had me send it in for repair since it was still under warranty. While it was gone my PS+ sub expired, and I had already decided I didn't want to pay for it any longer.

Unfortunately when my PS4 came back, they sent me a new machine (different serial number). All of my saves are now locked in the cloud. I'm pretty much screwed without a backup, aren't I?

You could just pay for one month of PS+. It's worth it for the saves alone.

neoemonk

You could just pay for one month of PS+. It's worth it for the saves alone.

For some reason I thought three months was the minimum time you could pay for, but if I can pick up a month for five or six dollars I'll probably do that. I had a Bloodborne save all ready to go for the DLC and that's what I'm most interested in.

KanameYuuki

So I just got my Vita and I have a question regarding notifications, I unchecked everything from Party and Friends but those ones keep showing up on the notification list display from the blue ball at the top from time to time, Is it normal?

So I just got my Vita and I have a question regarding notifications, I unchecked everything from Party and Friends but those ones keep showing up on the notification list display from the blue ball at the top from time to time, Is it normal?

It's a known issue they never fixed, yes.

Saphirax

For some reason I thought three months was the minimum time you could pay for, but if I can pick up a month for five or six dollars I'll probably do that. I had a Bloodborne save all ready to go for the DLC and that's what I'm most interested in.

Yeah, I occasionally get a month of PS+ to play online/some of my PS+ games. Paying for a whole year is..a bit too wasteful :p.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Playing the PSP game Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on my Vita and this pops up whenever I try to save..

How large is your memory card? This happens too with Lego Star Wars 2 because the devs hardcoded the game to support max 4gb memory cards and anything beyond that makes the game act like there is no storage.

Hikami

How large is your memory card? This happens too with Lego Star Wars 2 because the devs hardcoded the game to support max 4gb memory cards and anything beyond that makes the game act like there is no storage.

I have a 64GB memory card. I've been playing the game just fine though before and making saves, it just started not letting me now.

Guns Up is now on PSN, its tons of fun

Check out some gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vMG-3tHOpI

Yea, I played a little yesterday, it seems neat! I think they maybe want to move a little further from the mobile style games for their future f2p offering, this feels very much like a phone game, whereas drawn to death and kill strain look like console games. It seems good though, hope to mess around with it a bit more.

Bought Fat Princess Adventures earlier, looking forward to digging into that :)

Also, I finished Freedom wars. Well, "finished" the main quest I guess, tons of content I haven't touched at all. Had to go online to get a free pass for the final boss, it was destroying me solo, but damn, really glad Sony put that one on PS Plus. The very definition of a game I overlooked at retail but gave it a chance via plus and was very pleasantly surprised.

VLiberty

I hope Insomniac keeps making R&C games for another 13 years

If they aren't gonna make something new in the 3d platforming genre, which I'd rather have them to, then yeah, I hope they'll keep delivering more R&C games.

More than anything, I hope they keep making fresh and colorful games. Sunset Overdrive looks amazing though I haven't got the chance to play it, but the VR game looks...eh.

autoduelist

Guns Up is now on PSN, its tons of fun

Check out some gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vMG-3tHOpI

I actually played both this and Gem Wars for a couple hours. My goal had been to play them both just enough to determine they were garbage so I could delete them for space.

Unfortunately, I enjoyed both.

Gun Wars has both offensive and defensive missions where you buy troops and defenses to march towards your enemy. There is an absolute shit ton to upgrade, and it's got all your standard p2play mechanisms to speed things up. So far, I haven't hit any real grind wall though. i debate deleting it just to avoid addiction before the inevitable grind wall pops up.

Gem Wars is the same as above, though more timer based. Basically Puzzle Quest, but everything costs gems. Again, no obvious early grindwall but i'm sure it's there somewhere. [I also have ps+ which gives me a lot of free currency which would delay any grindwall]

Top Bottom