• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
What are you talking about? And I most definitely haven't agreed.

Well yeah i should have been more specific, i was referring to prelude saying: "Also I'm not saying it's a good console for collectors"

In any case i'm really tired of this discussion, i'm out.

EDIT:
Top of the page for the 50ppp masterrace:
Buy Trails of cold steel!

Sondar

Any thoughts on those two new IdolM@ster Must Songs games that came out yesterday? (£30 each) I'm guessing as they're rhythm games they should be easy enough to navigate?

batrush

Any thoughts on those two new IdolM@ster Must Songs games that came out yesterday? (£30 each) I'm guessing as they're rhythm games they should be easy enough to navigate?

Highly recommended. I bought the red album. You should have no difficulty navigating. Check out the community thread or the Taiko V OT if you're new to the series or have more questions.

Prelude.

Well yeah i should have been more specific, i was referring to prelude saying: "Also I'm not saying it's a good console for collectors"

In any case i'm really tired of this discussion, i'm out.

EDIT:
Top of the page for the 50ppp masterrace:
Buy Trails of cold steel!
I wasn't saying that either, I was just pointing out I wasn't talking about it being a good or bad console for collectors, just that almost everything is physical.

Also, I'll buy Cold Steel next year when it comes out in Europe.
They should really plan these things differently. When NISA publishes games months after the US release, the marketing hype already died out and they don't do anything to make up for that other than putting a video on YouTube.
I bet a lot of people don't even notice when those games are released in Europe.

Saphirax

I wasn't saying that either, I was just pointing out I wasn't talking about it being a good or bad console for collectors, just that almost everything is physical.

They should really plan these things differently. When NISA publishes games months after the US release, the marketing hype already died out and they don't do anything to make up for that other than putting a video on YouTube.
I bet a lot of people don't even notice when those games are released in Europe.

It could be worse - it could be a 3DS game. Then we'd be waiting until 2017 with no way of importing the game. At least it's only a 5 week delay this time. Companies like Aksys/Atlus/XSEED really should get a EU branch and not always rely on NISA or other companies to bring things over. It's not as if EU is an insignificant market.

Bbbb but but I thought it would release the 22nd in EU as well :|

Now I'm really hoping for a banner saga pre Christmas delight!

Finished a playthrough of Shovel Knight's Plague of Shadows expansion.
latest

Looked at the other trophy available for it.... nope.
I liked that the expansion's gameplay was different and that resulted in different ways to traverse the same levels as the original game. But it was missing that spark of joy that playing the original Shovel Knight seemed to inherently have. The story and character of Plague Knight was well done too and not just an afterthought.

Now have moved on to Bastion on the Vita. Enjoying the game but it really just makes me want to play another Ys game for some reason...

RK128

I just hope we are not talking about 1 season per year or something like that . I'm seriously hoping more of a revelations 2 situation.

I feel that we will get either of the following:
-A part releasing once every year (with each part having 30-40 hours worth of story & gameplay content)
-The game as a whole is finished by 2017 and we get parts (three of them) released once every six months

Ryan95

29th January for EU.
Did NIS actually give us a EU release date for CS? I completely lost track of it.
If that's so, January is a very good month for me to get it, since I have no other relevant Vita releases,while on February I'll probably buy Cyber Sleuth

I feel that we will get either of the following:
-A part releasing once every year (with each part having 30-40 hours worth of story & gameplay content)
-The game as a whole is finished by 2017 and we get parts (three of them) released once every six months

I think 6 months is way too little. I still stand by late 2017 for part 1 (if we are lucky), part 2 in late 2018 and part 3 in late 2019.

EDIT: And this is all assuming that there will only be 3 parts of course.

19v95Uq.jpg

Taco Master Vita - Phone game of dragging stuff around with the touch screen to make tacos. Not the worse game but it feels like I am back working real fast food again with the tedium. Crazy Market is a much better game like this. Pass.

si2QH3W.jpg

Bombing Busters Vita - It is a not very subtle Bomberman clone. It plays alright. Doesn't do anything interesting or unique. Couldn't find anybody to play online. Pass.

Finished Final Fantasy 7 for the first time :D
3x speed in the PS4 version is based

I started it, but due to exams I haven't been able to put too much time into it. I never played the game until very far, so I'm going to reach a point soon in which everything is going to be new (even though the story has been spoiled for me because of the internet). x3 really is a great feature, whenever I see that I have to walk for a long time, or during battles I always turn it on.

No idea if anyone here is interested in this kinda stuff, but I asked a couple of devs whether they were planning on bringing their titles to Vita purely out of my own desire to see them on the platform.

Refract (devs of Distance, coming to PS4) said:

"No plans at the moment. It's mostly a performance concern, but we'll keep in mind as we continue to optimize."

So a 'maybe but probably not' I guess. Shame, because along with Drift Stage I'd have been well chuffed with that on Vita.

Vector Unit (devs of Riptide GP games) said:

"it's something we've discussed for all our games but there are no current plans"

That one was a bit more surprising given they're old phone devs who recently started working on consoles, but meh.

What I wouldn't give for Distance on Vita...

No idea if anyone here is interested in this kinda stuff, but I asked a couple of devs whether they were planning on bringing their titles to Vita purely out of my own desire to see them on the platform.

"No plans at the moment. It's mostly a performance concern, but we'll keep in mind as we continue to optimize."

So a 'maybe but probably not' I guess. Shame, because along with Drift Stage I'd have been well chuffed with that on Vita.

"it's something we've discussed for all our games but there are no current plans"

That one was a bit more surprising given they're old phone devs who recently started working on consoles, but meh.

I would love to see more racing games on Vita. Didn't play the Need for Speed one. Sonic Racing was a good game but didn't run very well. Not sure if the Vita hardware was the best for racing games.

autoduelist

So I came across a post tonight posted by somebody else and it's very troubling.

It claims that Sony will be locking down access to store items purchased outside of the region of the console itself?

Has anybody heard anything about this at all?

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/224226#comment-3287807

well, the relevant comments there are vote bombed out of existence so I can't actually read them.

That said, I seriously doubt the first place we'd hear about such a thing would be an australian deals site. I also seriously doubt Sony cares, and can't see them bothering, ever.

I wouldn't stress. At all. File under complete bullshit.

Dingotech

well, the relevant comments there are vote bombed out of existence so I can't actually read them.

That said, I seriously doubt the first place we'd hear about such a thing would be an australian deals site. I also seriously doubt Sony cares, and can't see them bothering, ever.

I wouldn't stress. At all. File under complete bullshit.

Yeah cheers for the response.
It just caught me out at the time and I wanted to check with GAF to see if you guys had heard anything.
Since last night nobody has backed up his comments, so I agree with you that it's bullshit.

It's super strange that some guy with 5 years post history on that site just decides to randomly troll about that in particular...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I think that both would need lots of efforts to run well on vita(i'm not saying that they wouldn't run on vita, just that for a indie developer could be hard).
Distance reminds me of POD, probably the racing game i loved the most(i wouldn't mind a port of POD, that's for sure), so i would gladly buy it.
Keep asking devs!

Yeah cheers for the response.
It just caught me out at the time and I wanted to check with GAF to see if you guys had heard anything.
Since last night nobody has backed up his comments, so I agree with you that it's bullshit.

It's super strange that some guy with 5 years post history on that site just decides to randomly troll about that in particular...

He may have legitimately received an email that said that. Could be someone trolling him, or maybe it's scammers, and there's a link to steal his psn password in the email, or something like that.

I am so excited for Towerfall Vita. I literally bought another PSTV when it was on sale at Best Buy just so it could be a dedicated, portable Towerfall box.

I think that both would need lots of efforts to run well on vita(i'm not saying that they wouldn't run on vita, just that for a indie developer could be hard).
Distance reminds me of POD, probably the racing game i loved the most(i wouldn't mind a port of POD, that's for sure), so i would gladly buy it.
Keep asking devs!

The Riptide GP games should be fine - I mean they're ports from phones originally after all. That said, I wasn't too fussed about those anyway, I was just kinda asking because I wanted a new racing game and that seemed an easy choice.

But Distance... man, that'd be awesome. If you want to tweet the devs about it, the one I sent was here, I got a few people from reddit to reply:

https://twitter.com/refractstudios/status/675415404609593344

Another one I was really interested in was Power Drive 2000, but it seems a bit early yet as the game isn't even out on PC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWnXQL3B4KY

Still, the devs are easily tweetable if anyone wants to (I did a long while ago, probably shouldn't ask again so soon):

https://twitter.com/MegacomGames

I always find it disappointing that Vita had a decent year of arcadey/futuristic racers in its first year across Ridge Racer; WipEout; NFS & Sonic, and then we've had literally nothing since. It's a gap in the market and although I know Vita's market is tiny in the west anyway, I still thought indie devs might've stepped in to fill the gap. I guess I should count my blessings that we're getting Drift Stage but still, you don't get by not asking!

I'm not the one who usually pick on games but I have to warn those of you who are thinking about buying handball 16 for the Vita.

It has no tutorial what so ever, so it's impossible to know when you're supposed to do what. Another thing that is frustrating is that in many cases when you block a shot the AI who just shot picks up the ball a lot faster than you do and are able to get another shot. This would have been ok if the game ran well but unfortunately it has a choppy framerate and before each match the sound stutters.

I haven't completely given up on the game and I would be delighted if someone here have tips on how to play this game :)

VLiberty

That moment when your cat drops your 20th anniversary Dualshock 4.

Also, my PS4 that I just bought is already OoS, had to delete things to install Until Dawn, which arrived today.
Space is a serious problem, I'm still torn between 500 and 1tb. I'm afraid I'll have to upgrade to 2tb either way, so I might save now and get a 500gb. Though now is not cheaper, there's a number of ps4 1tb + game or 2 DS4 at 329€, while 500gb is locked at 299 without any extra. We'll see next month

incpdo

Vitagaffers! Just some simple questions:
What are your predictions regarding the end of the Ps vita life cycle ? When is going to be the last drop of third party support? Who will be the last big-medium size company in launching a game for the console? How many games will you have at the end? What game from wester seas companies is going to be the last game?
I just find interesting to know what do you think about this topic.

My prediction is , Vita is dying on 2018 but the last game for it will be on 2020 , its going to be some Japanese only awesome game but made by indie devs. Probably a shooter ala Dreamcast style.
The last not indie company in launching a game will be tecmo koei.
I'll have more than 350 games .
The last game from western seas companies its going to be yet another assasin s creed chronicles.

Massa

Does anyone here play Helldivers on Vita? How is it? I bought the PS4 version on disc but I'm thinking of playing it exclusively on Vita.

Prelude.

What are your predictions regarding the end of the Ps vita life cycle ? When is going to be the last drop of third party support? Who will be the last big-medium size company in launching a game for the console? How many games will you have at the end? What game from wester seas companies is going to be the last game?

My prediction is , Vita is dying on 2018 but the last game for it will be on 2020 , its going to be some Japanese only awesome game but made by indie devs. Probably a shooter ala Dreamcast style.
The last game from western seas companies its going to be yet another assasin s creed chronicles.

There's still some psp games coming out (mostly otome) so 2020 as the "last" game might be a little too soon. The Vita will die in 2013 btw, that's what gaf told me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Imo we should wait for the NX reveal before any prediction, if the NX handheld will really be 540p(hence not that more powerful than vita) like many gaffers expect then there could be some multis and ports... Well those there could be even if it's 720p or even 1080p, after all vita got and is still getting multis and ports from ps3 and ps4.

I think that the Vita was a good way to introduce indie games to the playstation family, now that indies are more acceptable on home consoles I think we're going to see less and less of these games coming to the Vita (this has already happened with games like galak-z, hand of fate, nomnom galaxy, road not taken etc. and I think we should be prepared for even more disappointments like these).

Don't get me wrong, this is not what I WANT but what I think might happen.

I don't care much about western 3xA shooters/action games so I have no interest in getting a bioshock, assasins creed or resident evil game unless it's a smaller spinoff (like that bioshock SRPG that never was). That being said I do still want XCOM!
If I would try to predict something I would say that next year is the last year that we'll get "bigger" western games.

Last but not least we have Japan. I hope and think that we'll keep on getting Japanese games for a couple more years, so maybe we'll see the last Japanese game somewhere between 2018-2021.

When it's all over I think I'll have 300-350 games for the V.

Does anyone here play Helldivers on Vita? How is it? I bought the PS4 version on disc but I'm thinking of playing it exclusively on Vita.

It's not pretty with a nice glossy coat like the PS4 version, but I've played it quite a bit and it works on Vita fairly well.

RK128

My bet is the following:
-2017 is the final year we get 'big' Indie support on the console and it lines up with announcements made already (Ex: Bloodstained got a Vita version and that is coming in 2017). We will still get indie titles on Vita but they will be far less common then they were in the past.
-JP support will remain consistent, as a lot of publishers like XSeed, Falcom, Idea Factory, Marvelous and more love working on Vita and a number of their games really don't fit on a Nintendo handheld. I could not see the Neptuina appear on the NX handheld, as Nintendo would likely say 'No' to those games appearing on Nintendo systems. I could be wrong, but that is my stand point.
-Big JP publishers (Bamco, Sega, Square Enix, Atlus) will support the Vita until 2019 and after that, we will get the odd port or late release down the line.
-The Vita in JP will be fine until 2020; JP games will keep on coming to the console and JP indies might consider bringing there projects to the Vita. The question on localization on those games really hinges on Sony allowing digital releases to appear on Vita if they keep the PSN Store in 2020.
-Overall: Vita will live with the current support it gets until 2018, then we will start seeing the trickle of releases slowing down with indie developers migrating to PS4 and bigger JP games missing Vita releases (already seeing this with Azure of Night). 2019-2021 will get support with few indie games and JP titles from publishers that can only find a home on Vita/PlayStation (Marvelous, Idea Factory, ect).
-Important Fact: Sony is not making a Vita 2; they are DONE with handheld systems. So that alone ensures JP developers will support the console likely longer then they did support the PSP. What that says about western indie games or localizations is up in the air but JP will still get Vita support for a very long time.

Shizuka

My bet is the following:
-2017 is the final year we get 'big' Indie support on the console and it lines up with announcements made already (Ex: Bloodstained got a Vita version and that is coming in 2017). We will still get indie titles on Vita but they will be far less common then they were in the past.
-JP support will remain consistent, as a lot of publishers like XSeed, Falcom, Idea Factory, Marvelous and more love working on Vita and a number of their games really don't fit on a Nintendo handheld. I could not see the SK series or Neptuina appear on the NX handheld, as Nintendo would likely say 'No' to those games appearing on Nintendo systems. I could be wrong, but that is my stand point.
-Big JP publishers (Bamco, Sega, Square Enix, Atlus) will support the Vita until 2019 and after that, we will get the odd port or late release down the line.
-The Vita in JP will be fine until 2020; JP games will keep on coming to the console and JP indies might consider bringing there projects to the Vita. The question on localization on those games really hinges on Sony allowing digital releases to appear on Vita if they keep the PSN Store in 2020.
-Overall: Vita will live with the current support it gets until 2018, then we will start seeing the trickle of releases slowing down with indie developers migrating to PS4 and bigger JP games missing Vita releases (already seeing this with Azure of Night). 2019-2021 will get support with few indie games and JP titles from publishers that can only find a home on Vita/PlayStation (Marvelous, Idea Factory, ect).
-Important Fact: Sony is not making a Vita 2; they are DONE with handheld systems. So that alone ensures JP developers will support the console likely longer then they did support the PSP. What that says about western indie games or localizations is up in the air but JP will still get Vita support for a very long time.

Senran Kagura started as a 3DS game, it's where the series began.

incpdo

Well I'm surprised to see people saying Vita will die in 2018 as I read all the time people saying next year is the last year.

2021 I wonder how big the Vita catalogue will be, considering there is like a 1000 games already .yeah Vita has no games , seems those guys were right (nope)

RK128

Well I'm surprised to see people saying Vita will die in 2018 as I read all the time people saying next year is the last year.

2021 I wonder how big the Vita catalogue will be, considering there is like a 1000 games already .yeah Vita has no games , seems those guys were right (nope)

I think people say that due to not knowing the reality of the situation of the Vita. Despite selling badly in the west (and slowly losing sales in JP), the Vita got a LOT of games across indie titles, PSN games and full retail/digital titles.

But most on NeoGaf likely to pick on the Vita due to it being an easy target, so their loss I guess :l.

2020 or 2021 will be the year the Vita offically ends I think and considering the life-cycle of the console (first party support from 2012/2013-2015/indie support from 2013-Present/JP support from 2012/2013-Present), the system should be fine.

Top Bottom