• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

ryseing

I want to get Shovel Knight but its the prototypical free Plus game, same goes for Axiom Verge.

Not coming to Plus anytime soon, at least while the free DLC is coming out.

Same with Axiom Verge. It's a value thing and an attempt to make their games worth something, which I completely respect.

autoduelist

I'm having such a hard time talking myself out of a huge flash sale purchase. Ugh. I don't want to spend this much, but I really want some of these games [to add to my backlog].

Not sure if this is the right place for this but, any good inexpensive headsets? I'm hearing less than great things about turtle beach and gold set.

If it's for a PS4, I use a standard [mine's nice, but most will work] pair of headphones with a mic extension [it's a 6 inch 'wire' extension with a really nice mic attached.... so it goes controller -> headphone wire -> mic extension -> comfy headphones. The mic extension is recognized by the ps4, has easily accessible volume controls, and a firm but bendy/moveable mic, like you might see a telephone operator using. The mic extension I use was like $30 or so? And I believe it works with any headphones, though I've only tested mine. I can get the details if someone is interested.

I haven't thought to test the mic on vita, but that's because i don't really play mp games on the vita.

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

My Christmas present didn't arrive :(
Well I never expected the Cold Steel LE to arrive so soon but i hoped for a beautiful surprise.

Santa may not be real but the goddamn Grinch is!

Seriously. Missed out copies of Miracle Girls Festival from a local shop.

What annoys me the most is the fact that I've asked them (both in their FB page and in their physical shop) if they will sell MGF, to which they said they're not sure. I even left my number for them to contact me (part of their service, BTW) once/if they arrive. The ironic part is I last inquired about it on the 22nd. And they advertised it on FB on 23rd, which I missed due to the mass of Xmas posts.

What makes this goddamn annoying rather than disappointing is the fact that I didn't receive ANY text message/call at all.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

On a sub-note...

The shop's copies are R2, which suggests they're imported by the shop itself rather than the usual Region 3 channels (usually imports HK and/or Sony as distributor).

I really REALLY wish that they consolidate Japan-Asia region better since they're now SCEJA.

When I was on Asia PSN, it's like "JP + English with sprinkles of Chinese titles. Kinda, sorta, maybe". With an emphasis to the "kinda, sorta, maybe" part. Some sales on the JP side make it to the Asia side, but not all. Not sure of the reverse. And from what I heard from friends, Asia PSN don't get US sales either. Some JP titles don't make it to Asia PSN at all, like PhotoKano/duckroll's post (and MGF currently, I guess?). And the whole DLC and/or update problems (Soul Sacrifice IIRC), too.

I have yet to find good racers outside of Wipeout 2048. Let alone 60fps

NFS MW is too lackluster for me

Yeah, pretty much where I'm at. It's stunning to me there isn't a good 60fps racer on the sytem. Even if it isn't a GT-esque graphical showcase, I'd expect there to be something. Maybe Japan is tired of racers.

Shopto have £10 off pre-orders of Neptunia; Stranger of Sword City & Trillion. Not sure how long they'll last but £20 is a solid price to get these games day 1 for, especially since IFI & NISA games don't normally drop much lower than that during their lifespans anyway.

And buying day 1 to shop support really doesn't hurt either.

Site is banned, but you can access it through the Vita pre-orders page.

Got SOSC and Trillion. 31€ with shipping each, but I doubt I'll find these cheaper before release, and Trillion probably won't ever drop lower. Thanks!

Also lets me avoid this

81tQdzbXYhL._SL1475_.jpg

Powwa

Shopto have £10 off pre-orders of Neptunia; Stranger of Sword City & Trillion. Not sure how long they'll last but £20 is a solid price to get these games day 1 for, especially since IFI & NISA games don't normally drop much lower than that during their lifespans anyway.

And buying day 1 to shop support really doesn't hurt either.

Site is banned, but you can access it through the Vita pre-orders page.

Thanks for this, preordering both Sword City & Trillion. Price is quite nice.

Actually pre-ordered AC: Chronicles as well, normally don't like AC games but 2.5D style interests me.

Nobunaga's Ambition for the PS4, yay or nay? I've read many reviews and I'm a fan of Crusader Kings and Total War, so I know what to expect, but I want to ask here first.

Is there a 60 fps racer on vita? Everything seems to be 30fps...

Even the PS4 is lacking 60fps racers, fucking lame to be honest.

VLiberty

Is there a 60 fps racer on vita? Everything seems to be 30fps...

A) Is there any new 60 fps racers on any system?
B) Is there any 60fps 3d game on Vita?

sigh ç_ç

I have yet to find good racers outside of Wipeout 2048. Let alone 60fps

NFS MW is too lackluster for me

Motorstorm RC is great. Though it's not a traditional racing game, I guess

Montezuma 4 is pretty great!

I still play TOMB every now and then. I might get this one when it goes on sale

I don't think it's out on EU PSN yet. Same goes for Towerfall.

EDIT: my Vita says that TxK is taking less than 2mbs. I'm pretty sure it's around 100mb...
The game boots and works fine. What the...

DRAE and SW4 are mine.

Is it just me or is the DL speed of PSN incredibly slow today?

I'm also very psyched to buy Persona 3 Portable down the line, loving P4G.

LMN

Quick question Vitagaf, I just bought a PS vita slim aqua from EBgame. There no dead pixel. However I noticed five feint dark spots on the bottom part of the screen, is this normal? It only noticeable when there is one big color on the screen like red or blue, but nothing when I play game.

Vuze

Is it just me, or is their mailserver down or sth? I just signed up for a new PSN account and have verified the mail adress I entered and see on the "verification" screen multiple times now, but the mail hasn't showed up 30mins after I decided to let it re-send. Lame...

And yes, I have checked all my mail folders (gmail btw)

batrush

Is it just me, or is their mailserver down or sth? I just signed up for a new PSN account and have verified the mail adress I entered and see on the "verification" screen multiple times now, but the mail hasn't showed up 30mins after I decided to let it re-send. Lame...

Yeah I had the same problem.

Quick question Vitagaf, I just bought a PS vita slim aqua from EBgame. There no dead pixel. However I noticed five feint dark spots on the bottom part of the screen, is this normal? It only noticeable when there is one big color on the screen like red or blue, but nothing when I play game.

Try getting a static single-color image on it and view that.

LMN

Try getting a static single-color image on it and view that.

What do you mean? I did that when I check for dead pixel, which is also when I notice those feint spot. I just search through Vita slim thread, and it something like this

2014-05-06_173318.jpg

mine is on the bottom of the screen as well, but its a lot less then that screenshot though.

zorbsie

I'm having the same issue. I thought it was my mail. Sucks we are having the problem. But at least now I know it's not just me. :) Hopefully they will have it sorted out shortly. I've been trying since yesterday.

I'm having the same issue. I thought it was my mail. Sucks we are having the problem. But at least now I know it's not just me. :) Hopefully they will have it sorted out shortly. I've been trying since yesterday.

I'm still receiving emails from the JP PSN for demos I downloaded yesterday, it's way behind. haha

zorbsie

I'm still receiving emails from the JP PSN for demos I downloaded yesterday, it's way behind. haha

So maybe I'll get a bunch of verification emails in the coming days. lol. I'm sure there are just tons of folks trying to do the same thing as me and it's just really slow. I'll keep trying throughout the day, hopefully something happens soon.

So maybe I'll get a bunch of verification emails in the coming days. lol. I'm sure there are just tons of folks trying to do the same thing as me and it's just really slow. I'll keep trying throughout the day, hopefully something happens soon.

I'm thinking you'll end up with an inbox full by tomorrow.

Are both the Trails sequels Vita native?

If by Trails, I'll assume you mean Falcom's Kiseki games, then yes.

In fact, Vita is the only platform where you can get everything* released so far "natively". PS3 doesn't have Zero/Ao, while PC has yet to receive Sen I/II/III.

Well, except Nayuta no Kiseki (PSP, playable on Vita). But there's Tokyo no Kiseki in exchange for it so there's that. LOL

Oh, if you wanna go hard core, then there's also Ys vs Sora no Kiseki game for PSP (also playable on Vita).

*Sora no Kiseki the 3rd Evolution still isn't out but I expect it to be in some 6 months given the pace between the Sora Evo release so far.

Prelude.

It's normal, yeah. You're almost never gonna notice that, though.
It's more noticeable when there's a white screen so it's pretty damn rare.

I'm having such a hard time talking myself out of a huge flash sale purchase. Ugh. I don't want to spend this much, but I really want some of these games [to add to my backlog].

If it's for a PS4, I use a standard [mine's nice, but most will work] pair of headphones with a mic extension [it's a 6 inch 'wire' extension with a really nice mic attached.... so it goes controller -> headphone wire -> mic extension -> comfy headphones. The mic extension is recognized by the ps4, has easily accessible volume controls, and a firm but bendy/moveable mic, like you might see a telephone operator using. The mic extension I use was like $30 or so? And I believe it works with any headphones, though I've only tested mine. I can get the details if someone is interested.

I haven't thought to test the mic on vita, but that's because i don't really play mp games on the vita.

Thanks, I unfortunately don't even have a pair of headphones, but if I get some before I pick up a headset I'll look into it.

pariah164

It's storytime, VitaGAF.

Lets rewind time back a bit, to Christmas Eve. I had a simple wish: to get a physical copy of Trails of Cold Steel, even though I forgot to preorder it (that, plus I wouldn't have money till the day after Christmas anyway). I called up my local GameStop, but no dice. They gave me the number for another GameStop that did have it, and I called them next. Was told they didn't have the collector's edition, but they had the standard edition. Fine by me. However, they could only hold it till the end of that day, which was impossible for me due to family and all. I crossed my fingers and hoped that it would stay in stock for the rest of that day.

Cut to today. Called them back again, they still had it, so I put it on hold. Got there an hour later, and I looked down to get my wallet out. When I looked back up...

That was sitting on the counter. I was just like, '... what.'. I don't know what I was more shocked by, the fact GameStop had managed to surprise me in a positive way, or that there were still CEs of Cold Steel in the wild that hadn't been snatched up via preorder. Regardless, I bought it and got the fuck out of there before someone realized they made a mistake.

I just feel like this right now:

RK128

It's storytime, VitaGAF.

Lets rewind time back a bit, to Christmas Eve. I had a simple wish: to get a physical copy of Trails of Cold Steel, even though I forgot to preorder it (that, plus I wouldn't have money till the day after Christmas anyway). I called up my local GameStop, but no dice. They gave me the number for another GameStop that did have it, and I called them next. Was told they didn't have the collector's edition, but they had the standard edition. Fine by me. However, they could only hold it till the end of that day, which was impossible for me due to family and all. I crossed my fingers and hoped that it would stay in stock for the rest of that day.

Cut to today. Called them back again, they still had it, so I put it on hold. Got there an hour later, and I looked down to get my wallet out. When I looked back up...

That was sitting on the counter. I was just like, '... what.'. I don't know what I was more shocked by, the fact GameStop had managed to surprise me in a positive way, or that there were still CEs of Cold Steel in the wild that hadn't been snatched up via preorder. Regardless, I bought it and got the fuck out of there before someone realized they made a mistake.

That is a great holiday surprise :D! Glad you was able to get Trials of Cold Steel and I hope you really enjoy the title :).

Happy holidays!

RK128

Hello guys :).

I decided to make a blog and will write about a bunch of stuff; games, movies and more.

Will first talk about impressions on a few games (Cash Twinsanity, Brandish, Ar No Surge Plus) first then move on to other stuff.

Here is the Link and feel free to ask me to talk about anything else. Open to suggestions :D. Link: https://rk564.wordpress.com/

LMN

It's normal, yeah. You're almost never gonna notice that, though.
It's more noticeable when there's a white screen so it's pretty damn rare.

I see, that is a big relieve then, don't wanna hassle with exchange cause dunno if the next one will be worse or better. Anyhow, Thanks Prelude for the information and answer, really appreciated.

Xenoflare

It's storytime, VitaGAF.

Yeah that might been mine :p haha

Congrats and enjoy!

RK128

Thanks to teflontactics and The Vita Lounge, writing my first review :D! Its on Summon Night 5 and I want to post my early impressions on the title so far.

The game's story seems to be very interesting and it reminds me of Persona a little bit; the character interactions, the character-still style, and the witty dialog really reminds me of Persona 4 at times.

Presentation for the game is strong, as the character models are very detailed, the battlefields look great and the music is awesome so far. The battle theme is really good for example :D.

The combat system is something I really am impressed by. This is my very first SRPG that I really want to dive into, so the fact its mechanics aren't that alienating really surprises me. You have a lot of options early on and I like how based on how you tackle battles, you get more rewards and items after the fight ends. It gives you a lot of verity during fights and gives you a lot of ways to tackle them; are you going to only do the basic goal of fighting X amount of guys or are you going to do everything on the mission list to get every item? Like this risk/reward system and I look forward do seeing this open up more latter in the game.

Overall, really enjoying this so far and will post about this again when i'm closer to the end :).

Top Bottom