• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | December 2015

I'm really in a state of wonder for what will be on sale on Tuesday since the only thing I want from this week is Toukiden: Kiwami and I am 5.00 short of getting it. I hope there are some games from my wishlist next week. I would get Neptunia Re;Birth 3 but I just picked up 2 and haven't gotten far enough into that to justify the purchase of 3.

Edit:
Top of the page - Buy Trails of Cold Steel. I hear its great.

Xenoflare

I'm really in a state of wonder for what will be on sale on Tuesday since the only thing I want from this week is Toukiden: Kiwami and I am 5.00 short of getting it. I hope there are some games from my wishlist next week. I would get Neptunia Re;Birth 3 but I just picked up 2 and haven't gotten far enough into that to justify the purchase of 3.

Edit:
Top of the page - Buy Trails of Cold Steel. I hear its great.

Yes more Toukiden love. Yes yes yes.

On topic of cold steel, if you absolutely value the portability I recommend getting the PS3 version over the Vita one or to deal with battle load times and squinty fonts

Edit: With all these Tecmo Koei sales, I really hope DOA Last round gets a sale on PSN next week. I really can't justify the 30 dollar price for a game that has a nerfed ps3 version

Yes more Toukiden love. Yes yes yes.

On topic of cold steel, if you absolutely value the portability I recommend getting the PS3 version over the Vita one or to deal with battle load times and squinty fonts

I loved the demo for Kiwami. Only wish it was in my budget this time. As for Cold Steel I'll be playing it on Vita when I get it since its the only PS system I own at this time.

Xenoflare

I loved the demo for Kiwami. Only wish it was in my budget this time. As for Cold Steel I'll be playing it on Vita when I get it since its the only PS system I own at this time.

I completely understand, I had to buy a 20 dollar card for the <$3 Bastion, only to find that the Nightmare Princess went on sale for $20 the week after I bought Bastion.

Then I had to get Cold Steel on PSN and now I have a remainder of $21 and then the Nightmare Princess's sale is over.

incpdo

Hey guys! Im late but ill say it anyways : happy holidays to all of you posters and lurkers! So this year there was no gifts for me so i decided to give myself a nice treat.
I bought the physical versions of:

Freedom wars
Superbeat xonic
Blaz blue chrono phantasma
Operation abyss new Tokyo legacy

Superbeat xonic was a little expensive here in Argentina but for the time I already put and the quality it was totally worth it.

Freedom wars: already had this digital but I need more space and I have a problem to erase games from the memory card( just a mental problem hehe) I like to be able to choose immediately without having to download the entire game specially when it comes to big size games , so I'm starting to buy the physical version of those games whose size is big on my memory card. A shame I didn't get revelations 2,That baby alone is like 2 g plus 1 giga more of dlc updates.

Blaz Blue cronophantasma : this game was a big surprise , as I suppose it was just one more fighting game and that's all. I had play only blaz blue continuum shift on the Psp. I thought it was awesome but the controls were hard to learn for me.
This version of the game is so underrated and brings so much content and modes. Plays incredible and the 3d backgrounds are really nice on the oled. I judged this game for being more of the same but having played only the first iteration I can see all the improvements. I didn't think I was ever going to say this but for me is a better game than even guilty gear xx accent core plus.

Operation abyss: another game that surprised me , looks awesome and plays nice. I just bought it because I didn't know the game at all . I only knew it was a dungeon crawler but besides that I just read all the comments saying how disappointed you guys were etc. But I bought it to discover a game from 0 without knowing anything like when we bought games in my childhood. We didn't know anything about those games , only the photos shown on magazines like club Nintendo ( Nintendo power) or hobby consolas ( a Spanish magazine).
I'm kinda tired of knowing every single detail of the game sometimes. So it worked! I'm surprised and I like it so far.

So those were the games I gave as a present to myself this year , what about you guys?

Xenoflare

Heh, thats what I am hoping for on Tuesday. Something else from my wishlist hitting under $15.00 wallet amount.

I'm waiting to see what next weeks offers are as well.

Both my vita card and PS3 HDD is filling up, I already did a clean out for the former. I just hope I can get my hands on a 64gb card by next year.

RK128

Hey guys! Im late but ill say it anyways : happy holidays to all of you posters and lurkers! So this year there was no gifts for me so i decided to give myself a nice treat.

So those were the games I gave as a present to myself this year , what about you guys?

Man, I got to many games XD!

Ar No Surge Plus, Tetris Ultimate, Minutes, Flyhunter Origins, and a number of PSP/PS1 games.

Ar No Surge Plus is quite a meaty game and I really want to play more that once I get a lot of Summon Night 5 complete :).

I bought the physical versions of:

Freedom wars
Superbeat xonic
Blaz blue chrono phantasma
Operation abyss new Tokyo legacy

Great pick-ups. As for myself, I received nothing, heh. I put all my funds into Christmas for my boys. So nothing for me but worth it.

I'm waiting to see what next weeks offers are as well.

Both my vita card and PS3 HDD is filling up, I already did a clean out for the former. I just hope I can get my hands on a 64gb card by next year.
I picked up a 32GB before Thanksgiving, it was full the day it arrived. Still playing the Content Manager shuffle but not as much now.

incpdo

Man, I got to many games XD!

Ar No Surge Plus, Tetris Ultimate, Minutes, Flyhunter Origins, and a number of PSP/PS1 games.

Ar No Surge Plus is quite a meaty game and I really want to play more that once I get a lot of Summon Night 5 complete :).
Is it good? I only have played the summon night gba games but those are quite different ( i have finish them and I loved them) do you need to play the previous ones to understand this one?

BTW is the Vita version of God eater 2 a physical release too?

@xenoflux
Well that's actually nice and probably your children's happiness when you see their faces is totally worth it. There will be time for gifts to yourself . I have spend Christmas alone because I had to work and it sucks so that's something great to have the ability to enjoy Christmas with family.

Xenoflare

Great pick-ups. As for myself, I received nothing, heh. I put all my funds into Christmas for my boys. So nothing for me but worth it.

I picked up a 32GB before Thanksgiving, it was full the day it arrived. Still playing the Content Manager shuffle but not as much now.

I'm using a 16GB now and I avoided buying digital games for the longest time, but finding Vita physical games in general is extremely difficult now so it's inevitable that I would go digital.

I have plus so it's not that hard to delete the games, but still I'd like to not redownload stuff to manage space

I was full physical with my launch vita but when I got my current one digital was much more appealing. I was stuck with an 8gb card from the borderlands 2 bundle until that 32gb card. That was rough for sure.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From the upcoming vita games thread
I just saw on Twitter that Dust: An Elysian Tail could come to Vita if Sickhead Games (a diligent Vita port studio) was available to do it. Consider tweeting them if you're interested.

@NoogyTweets is the game creator.
@Sickhead is the port studio.

I have always wanted this game on the Vita.

I also tweet about a Valiant Hearts port every few months. I'll never give up on that. Here's this month's tweet if you want to show some love: https://twitter.com/ffireworker/status/680949223781744640

Benedict

are there 2 different versions of the 20% discount code?
I'm quite sure the last date of use was December 31st when I got it with the Star Wars pack on Gamedealdaily but now when I check on their site it says 2/28/16.

shmoglish

Already got that but yeah, good Game. Finished it a few months ago.

Mad max and The two dmcs (played The dmcs on pc/ps3) are also interessting.

incpdo

So
God eater remake
God eater 2
World of final fantasy
Dragon quest builder
Dragon quest heroes 2
More gundam games
Digimon cyber sleuth
Digimon world next order
Danganronpa 3
Zero escape 3
Bloodstained
Mighty n9
Saga
Exist archive

If only half of this games comes out in na I'll be happy as hell. ( I'm pretty sure almost half of them are confirmed to come)
I just wanted to ask you guys what games you are hoping for a localization? ( I know we hope all of them, but in reality we will have some of them)

Shizuka

So
God eater remake
God eater 2
World of final fantasy
Dragon quest builder
Dragon quest heroes 2
More gundam games
Digimon cyber sleuth
Digimon world next order
Danganronpa 3
Zero escape 3
Bloodstained
Mighty n9
Saga
Exist archive

If only half of this games comes out in na I'll be happy as hell. ( I'm pretty sure almost half of them are confirmed to come)
I just wanted to ask you guys what games you are hoping for a localization? ( I know we hope all of them, but in reality we will have some of them)

It's your lucky day, more than half of them have been confirmed or are a lock for western release!

Ended up getting Nobunaga and the two Wolfenstein games (TNO+OB) using Amazon's price match, spent more money on PSN than on the Steam Sale.

Shame that I'll only be able to play the games I got in January when I get back home to my (kinda) stable internet.

demonkaze

So I have a problem that I have no idea how to fix. My nephew got a new PS4 for Christmas but for some reason, there is no PS Store icon on his start menu, I literally have to go through "Whats New" and then find a link from there to it. I have 2 PS4's in my house and have never had this problem, it's always appeared on the far left but on his one, its nowhere to be seen.

New Danganronpa V3
Net High

We'll more than likely get NDRV3 (DR1 and DR2 were great successes) but I don't know about Net High. I don't know Japanese so I talked about it with a friend and he apparently pulled an all-nighter that day just to finish the demo.

redcrayon

So
God eater remake
God eater 2
World of final fantasy
Dragon quest builder
Dragon quest heroes 2
More gundam games
Digimon cyber sleuth
Digimon world next order
Danganronpa 3
Zero escape 3
Bloodstained
Mighty n9
Saga
Exist archive

Lots of those are confirmed already!

I think the last big localisation that I'm hoping for will be Ys 8, which, with any luck, we should see in 2017 along with Bloodstained.

RK128

Is it good? I only have played the summon night gba games but those are quite different ( i have finish them and I loved them) do you need to play the previous ones to understand this one?

BTW is the Vita version of God eater 2 a physical release too?

Sorry this is a bit late of a response but Summon Night 5 appears to be its own stand alone story, likely being built of the world/location from prior games. I never played any Summon Night before this one and I understood everything that was going on :).

Regarding God Eater's physical release, not long after the announcement Bamco confirmed retail prints of the Vita versions for both games (Resurrection and 2 Rage Burst), so don't worry about that :).

So
God eater remake - Announced; releasing summer 2016
God eater 2 - Announced; releasing summer 2016
World of final fantasy - Announced; releasing world wide (if it being announced at E3 means anything)
Dragon quest builder - Not Announced; has slim chance at coming over but who knows
Dragon quest heroes 2 - Not Announced; has stronger chance at coming over due to Heroes 2 very likely getting localized
More gundam games - Gundam Vs. Announced; likely releasing before June
Digimon cyber sleuth - Announced; coming Feb 2016
Digimon world next order - Not Announced; chance at coming over hinges on success of the western version of Cyber Sleuth
Danganronpa 3 - Not Announced; very likely to come over either Fall 2016 or Early 2017
Zero escape 3 - Announced; will come over Summer 2016
Bloodstained - Announced; will release worldwide sometime in 2017
Mighty n9 - Announced; will release Summer 2016 on Vita, Spring 2016 on everything else
Saga - Not Announced; likely will be localized late Summer 2016
Exist archive - Not Announced; very good chance at being localized by NISA or XSEED for either Fall 2016 or Summer 2017

My responses to those localizations are within your Quote :). Most, if not all of them, will come to the west by 2017 the latest :D. Ys 8 is one we have no real idea on but when it releases in Japan next year, the Western version will likely release six months-year after that versions launch. Ys MoC likely did well for XSEED so they want to continue localizing games in that series :D.

RK128

Does anything release this week? Or there will only be week four of the sale and PS+ announcements?

I'm not really sure honestly but I expect week four sales and the PS+ announcements to be announced this week.

Speaking of PS+ announcements, what do you guys thing we're getting for Jan?

I'm guessing we will get the following:
-PS4: Retail Game, PS2-to-PS4 Title (Ape Escape 2 or 3)
-PS3: Retail Game, Cross-Buy PSN Title (PS3/PS4/Vita)
-Vita: Digital PSN Game, Retail Game/Cross-Buy PSN Game (PS4/Vita)

Considering everything, I feel the releases will be this:
-PS4: Tearaway Unfolded or Order 1886, Ape Escape 2/3
-PS3: Older Retail Game, Resident Evil 4 HD
-PS Vita: Grim Fandango Remastered, Tearaway or Soul Sacrifice Delta

deadfolk

Help me Gaf...Ultra Despair Girls or Omega Quintet for €20?

I know there are a few NepNep games on the sale, but I've not even started the first one yet, so there's no point getting any others at the moment.

RK128

Help me Gaf...Ultra Despair Girls or Omega Quintet for €20?

I know there are a few NepNep games on the sale, but I've not even started the first one yet, so there's no point getting any others at the moment.

It depends if you are in the mod for a RE4-style game with a strong story, or a traditional JRPG that mirrors the gameplay style of the other Neptuina games.

I would say Ultra Despair Girls is the stronger game but both are interesting, so watch some gameplay of each game and then make your choice then :).

deadfolk

Thanks guys. I might watch some footage of OQ. The idea interests me, but it fear it may be too shallow.

I'm leaning towards Ultra Despair Girls, but I'll see what YouTube has to say on the subject.

Shizuka

Thanks guys. I might watch some footage of OQ. The idea interests me, but it fear it may be too shallow.

I'm leaning towards Ultra Despair Girls, but I'll see what YouTube has to say on the subject.

Be careful of spoilers, that's why I didn't suggest looking for videos on YouTube in the first place.

deadfolk

Be careful of spoilers, that's why I didn't suggest looking for videos on YouTube in the first place.

I'm not going to watch videos for Ultra Despair Girls, just Omega Quintet. That should be okay, right? Not really a story driven game, as I understand it.

Shizuka

I'm not going to watch videos for Ultra Despair Girls, just Omega Quintet. That should be okay, right? Not really a story driven game, as I understand it.

That should be okay, yes. Just don't try to do any research on UDG, you're bound to find spoilers that'll likely ruin the story for you.

Hupsel

Ugh got hacked and recovered my password, but it seems the motherfucker deactivated my second PS4 and activated his console as primary. I can't even deactivate his console now since Sony tells me to wait 6 months (LOL) to do that. Live chat didnt help me much but I completed a form and sent to Sony so hopefully they will deactivate my account there.

Also, is there a way to force people to input the password every time they login on my account? The guy probably has my account on his console, how do I block it from him? I see no way to force people to input passwords when you login or even when you make a purchase, wtf...?

deadfolk

Went with Ultra Despair Girls. I watched a couple of videos of Omega Quintet, and it looks like more of a traditional JRPG than I expected. I have enough of those in my backlog already!

For some reason, I expected it to have an idol management aspect to it, like Producing Perfection.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Ugh got hacked and recovered my password, but it seems the motherfucker deactivated my second PS4 and activated his console as primary. I can't even deactivate his console now since Sony tells me to wait 6 months (LOL) to do that. Live chat didnt help me much but I completed a form and sent to Sony so hopefully they will deactivate my account there.

Also, is there a way to force people to input the password every time they login on my account? The guy probably has my account on his console, how do I block it from him? I see no way to force people to input passwords when you login or even when you make a purchase, wtf...?
I think I've seen a couple threads on this. Might google around for them, though I can't remember what the titles were like. Didn't seem to be a great solution offered, but nonetheless.

There's a way to require password at checkout, and a way to change your password so he can't login - but you can't force him to input a password to login once he's logged in and chosen to save it IIRC.

Changing the pass will lock him out as it won't verify on his end, and going to PSN/Account Management > Account Information > Wallet > Purchase Settings can make you require password at purchase from a PS4.

I'm unsure of additional methods.

kevin1025

Banned
Did someone who works for Playstation mention that there won't be a store update this week, or did I misread that? I'm hoping there's a new PS2 game incoming *cough*Dark Cloud 2*cough*

Top Bottom