• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

In amongst all the many frustrations of being a Vita owner, awesome looking exclusive Japanese games being announced left right and centre may actually be the biggest. In a time where it seems the console is dwindling in the west, seeing all this stuff announced that looks exactly like my cup of tea in Japan and having to play the agonizing waiting game of "will it come to the west?" is really difficult, haha.

Hero Must Die; Uppers; Caligula. This has possibly been one of the best years for smaller, Vita-exclusive titles being released in Japan that just look nuts and I want all of them :p

edit: TOTP - pre-order Stranger of Sword City so we get lots more stuff from NISA :p

RK128

In amongst all the many frustrations of being a Vita owner, awesome looking exclusive Japanese games being announced left right and centre may actually be the biggest. In a time where it seems the console is dwindling in the west, seeing all this stuff announced that looks exactly like my cup of tea in Japan and having to play the agonizing waiting game of "will it come to the west?" is really difficult, haha.

Hero Must Die; Uppers; Caligula. This has possibly been one of the best years for smaller, Vita-exclusive titles being released in Japan that just look nuts and I want all of them :p

edit: TOTP - pre-order Stranger of Sword City so we get lots more stuff from NISA :p

With how well JP games do on Vita in the West, don't worry man! The market shows that they do well here, so its more of a matter of 'when', not 'if'.

Remember when we all didn't expect God Eater to be localized? Same with Digimon? And now both are coming over XD!

Asia will be our saviour. We just need more companies localizing for that market

If I have to import everything, eh okay. I did it during the PS2 gen as well because of PAL bullshit

Saphirax

Trillion gameplay overview trailer

Odin's Sphere skills and combat trailer

KXWFhZB.gif

With how well JP games do on Vita in the West, don't worry man! The market shows that they do well here, so its more of a matter of 'when', not 'if'.

Remember when we all didn't expect God Eater to be localized? Same with Digimon? And now both are coming over XD!

I sometimes wonder if I should stop following Japanese gaming news. I get hyped for all these games, knowing full well that it'll take 9+ months for them to release in the west. Case in point, I was hyped for Tokyo Xanadu last September but it's died down a bit now (I'm sure it'll pick up again when it gets announced for the west though). Same thing with Utawarerumono; Exist Archive etc.

Saphirax

I sometimes wonder if I should stop following Japanese gaming news. I get hyped for all these games, knowing full well that it'll take 9+ months for them to release in the west. Case in point, I was hyped for Tokyo Xanadu last September but it's died down a bit now (I'm sure it'll pick up again when it gets announced for the west though). Same thing with Utawarerumono; Exist Archive etc.

If Atlus does Exist Archive, I hope they'll bring Utawarerumono as well. One of the games I want the most.

Prelude.

You shouldn't read too much into an intern's tweet. A few hours ago the PS youtube account uploaded a PS4 Trillion trailer.

18-Volt

Someone from NISA responds about Uta no Prince Sama Repeat, for anyone interested. Says it's on the radar and it "could very well be another successful Western franchise for us", but notes that a lot of their decisions come down to resources.

The title that should be on their radar is Kancolle Kai, right now leading weekly sales list with 140k. I think it could mirror its success in west too. Prince-sama was a PSP otome series, they just recently announced that they're getting Vita ports sometime in 2016. I think it's early for that.

I really want their "review" to have positive results. It got higher Famitsu score than any other recent NISA published titles, if it helps.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
You shouldn't read too much into an intern's tweet. A few hours ago the PS youtube account uploaded a PS4 Trillion trailer.
You shouldn't read too much into what sony uploads on their youtube channel and compare it to Bandai Namco's twitter.

Not to mention that one of their studio are just thieves.

UPDATE: Summon Night 6: Lost Borders will NOT be releasing with English subtitles or text in the Asia region. Previously announced versions with Chinese and Japanese language options are not affected. We apologize for the spread of misinformation, and will be more diligent with our fact checking in the future.

This correction is only for Summon Night 6 Lost Borders and does not affect other recent announcements.

Oh....ok. PlayAsia just updated their announcement.

RK128

Oh....ok. PlayAsia just updated their announcement.

Or.......they announced it too early and Bamco told them to say "That is not the case!", so they retracted their statement for now, with Bamco saving it for a future announcement date.

You don't make a mistake like that, at least, I don't think this happens to often. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong saying that.

Clive

Double-pack? That's interesting.

The games are 3GB+ each though and no one has done a double-pack with two cartridges before. I could see Resurrection be a "first print bonus" download on both the PS4 and Vita though if Bamco is generous enough to sell them as one package.

I kind of expect Resurrection to be PSN-only or in a double-pack. I don't think these would sell as two separate $60 games. Especially not if they are to come out within the same year.

Clive

Media.Vision already had a strong track record with Digimon: Cyber Sleuth. Now how about some Wild Arms 6 on the Vita?

...oh wait. I remembered there is that one Japanese publisher who refuses to make Vita games. They're the ones who own the Wild Arms franchise, right? :(

Takao

Banned
...oh wait. I remembered there is that one Japanese publisher who refuses to make Vita games. They're the ones who own the Wild Arms franchise, right? :(

There's three big Japanese publishers that release nothing on Vita*. Unfortunately Wild Arms is owned by the one that makes the least sense to have ditched the platform.

*I'm discounting Konami because they release almost nothing on almost everything.

RK128

O_O!

Talk about a massive upgrade over Summon Night 5! Amazing orchestrated soundtrack, visuals that pop off the screen, more units to control in the battle field, grid system in place but movement is 3-Dimensional, animations looking really smooth........

I enjoyed my time with Summon Night 5 a great deal but it wasn't the best game in the world. But seeing THIS......I really am happy they fixed issues I had with SN5 (limited amount of units on the field....I think; looks to be more then five units for the player's screen).

Really hope we get this localized now, as it would be a shame if it was trapped in Japan :(. But I see this being a great Early 2017 or a Fall 2016 game for the Vita if Bamco localizes it.

Shinriji

I'm surprised to still see stocks for the PSV R1 Escha and Lodgy Plus LE here in my local stores

I didn't bought it yet. Good to know that there still some copies out there.

And I have to change my account to grab the free Taiko DLC, so I'm gonna download the latest JP demos (and grind some more on Gundam Conquest LOL).

I don't generally like themes, but that lock screen is gorgeous.

The title that should be on their radar is Kancolle Kai, right now leading weekly sales list with 140k. I think it could mirror its success in west too. Prince-sama was a PSP otome series, they just recently announced that they're getting Vita ports sometime in 2016. I think it's early for that.

You're the second person I've seen say something like this recently. The first was a post on NISA's forums saying "KanColle outsold Street Fighter V 3.5:1 in Japan. Why haven't you picked it up for the west?"

I mean, I just don't get it. I'm sure KanColle will do fine if it released over here. But just because it's selling "okay" in Japan (and I would clarify that it's only okay for what the game is - the IP is capable of more if the development hadn't been such a clusterfuck) doesn't mean it'd do gangbusters over here.

grid system in place but movement is 3-Dimensional..

I'm happy to see that you too noticed this. Such a small detail but to me the free movement inside each square somehow makes a huge difference.

I think it's the correlation between art direction/world building and mechanics.

Another recent example of this, that works, is Hitman Go. In Hitman Go though, they have choosen to simplify movement and at the same time stylised the visual design (made it look like a board game).

This, I think, is why I ended up liking natural doctrine, Wasteland 2 and lost dimension so much and the reason to why I didnt like games like FF Tactics and devil survivor as much.

Anyone heard any updates on Attractio for Vita?

Was supposed to be coming in February, but it's the 25th and we haven't heard anything. I'd hate this one to get lost in the ether of late Vita ports, though I can't help but feel the lukewarm PS4 reception hasn't helped things.

Ephidel

From that youtube vid a few up the SN6 demo looks freaking awesome visually, and while the semi-free-yet-within-grid-movement thing looks kind of irritating I'm loving the fact it actually has non-flat level design. I enjoyed SN5 but it was a little disappointing on that front.

I saw the PS4 english subs thing was retracted which is a shame, but I'll still be crossing my fingers we see it at some point.

Top Bottom