• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | February 2016

Seems Liam's campaign worked for that at least. Fantastic news. I'd gotten worried since we hadn't heard anything in a while.

Pleased with AoM, hoping the campaign moves on to bigger and better things!

TOTP: Pre-order Trillion God of Destruction

Pata

Has Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls been officially announced for localization yet? I don't remember so...

But IFI's Spanish distributor seems to think it will be out in Spain this year (tweet in Spanish ofc). That is as close as an (unofficial) announcement you'll get for now.

Just in case anyone wonders what says in the tweet:
User is asking if Badland Games (the distributor) is bringing MegaTagmension and Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls to Spain. The answer given is that both are planned to be released in Spain this year.

Prelude.

https://twitter.com/VitaVote/status/695648321122234369

Has Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls been officially announced for localization yet? I don't remember so...

But IFI's Spanish distributor seems to think it will be out in Spain this year (tweet in Spanish ofc). That is as close as an (unofficial) announcement you'll get for now.

User is asking if Badland Games (the distributor) is bringing MegaTagmension and Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls to Spain. The answer given is that both are planned to be released in Spain this year.
Well, that's a fair assumption. Blanc is out in April so they still have 8 months to release Seha.

Li Kao

Has there been words about a Flash sale this week end ?
Didn't follow PSN for some months but I'm catching up the Vita virus again big time.

Sondar

Grand Kingdom will be available in Europe on 17th June for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita! However this title will be available on the NISA EU Online Store in 3 very awesome editions: Grand Edition, Limited Edition, and Standard/Launch Edition!

Exclusive to the NISA EU Online Store is the Grand Kingdom Grand Edition which will be available for the PlayStation®Vita and the PlayStation®4.

Will certainly be preordering the Vita Grand Edition.

Takao

Banned
M44A5Pj.jpg

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/689459511132696577

With how well Neptunia sells over here, it's not really a matter of "if" it comes over or even "if" one of the games will get an eventual PC port. We'll see it by the end of the year even if there's not a current localization announcement and we'll very likely see it on PC next year as well, as long as the next few spinoffs (Action U/Noire) do even a fraction of what a mainline game sells on Steam.

Takao

Banned
DramaFever got a random Vita app this week. Where you at Twitch, Funimation and PlayStation Vue?
Not like I'd be able to use that last one.

PlayStation Store Sneak Peek: February 9th 2016

PS4 Games
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: Russia
Dying Light The Following Enhanced Edition
Firewatch
Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
Mop: Operation Cleanup
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Rugby Challenge 3 (February 10th)
Siralim
Unravel

PS3 Games
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

Vita Games
Breath of Fire 3
Siralim
We Are Doomed

Christian

Vita Games
We Are Doomed

I'm sorry, but I found the irony of this hilarious.

Anyway, you're all welcome re: Adventure of Mana. I went to all that trouble yesterday and it looks like we'll be getting the game after all. So now that I have my Japanese accounts, what the story with the Chaos Rings games? I'd prefer to get physical copies, but do both the Asian and Japanese games only have the third game on the cartridge? And the Asian version never got the English patch, right?

Prelude.

Btw it seems HeavyArm is the only guy that has copies of Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika , FFX HD and etc and the price and shipping is extremely cheap. So if you ever want to complete your collection of physical Vita games, email him.
The website? SSD is not in stock.

RK128

Happy Friday everyone :D!

Been a long day for me (walking in a snow storm for a 2 & Half Hour Class) but looking forward to the weekend. Playing through a lot of Sonic games, going back to the Vita and trying to play through a few games (Ar No Surge Plus, Oddworld, ect) and happy about some of the news coming out recently about Adventures of Mana (the Vote Vita campaign did help :D!).

For anyone interested, made a thread covering Sonic Colors, one of my top-five favorite games in the entire series :D. Hope you all enjoy it if you give it a look. Its a shame we never got this on Vita; would of been great on the handheld (as the Vita is more powerful then the Wii).

RK128

Don't worry about this buddy :D!

Idea Factory brings over every Neptuina game they make, so bring over Vs. Sega Hard Girls is not a 'if' but more so a 'when'.

We have to get the Blanc game to release first, then they can release Sega Hard Girls for August/Fall (to space out the games better; Victory II for Jan/Feb, Blanc for May/June, Sega Hard Girls for August/September).

Pata

Don't worry about this buddy :D!

Idea Factory brings over every Neptuina game they make, so bring over Vs. Sega Hard Girls is not a 'if' but more so a 'when'.
I know it was an almost certain localization as you all seemed confident that Idea Factory would bring this over to the West, I was merely pointing the fact that there seems to be a semiofficial confirmation that it's coming even before Idea Factory officially announces it.

Happy Friday everyone :D!

Been a long day for me (walking in a snow storm for a 2 & Half Hour Class) but looking forward to the weekend.

Heh been there done that my friend. Not this year though. Toronto has been blessed with the warmest winter in recent history. Barely any snow.

Heh been there done that my friend. Not this year though. Toronto has been blessed with the warmest winter in recent history. Barely any snow.
Same in Germany. Mildest winter I can remember. Had snow once or twice and temps rarely even drop below 0C, which is rare

Not complaining though

Pata

Same in the region of Spain where I live, we haven't had rain for over 90 straight days in the city I live (which is bad because pollution is stuck there in the sky), now broken because it has rained a little a few days ago, and temperatures while normal for winter, they have been on the warmer side.

Same in Germany. Mildest winter I can remember. Had snow once or twice and temps rarely even drop below 0C, which is rare

Not complaining though

Same in the region of Spain where I live, we haven't had rain for over 90 straight days in the city I live (which is bad because pollution is stuck there in the sky), now broken because it has rained a little a few days ago, and temperatures while normal for winter, they have been on the warmer side.

Global warming is very real. We had 15C degrees. That's FIFTEEN positive. Usually around this time of the year we get -20 or worse.

Just glad class wasn't canceled when I got there :'). Would of been felt stupid if campus was closed XD!

Ah over here there could be the worst storm ever and lectures still wouldn't be cancelled ahaha. High school on the flip side, just a bit of snow would be enough to close down. I did a lot of gaming on those snow days aha. Good times.

RK128

Global warming is very real. We had 15C degrees. That's FIFTEEN positive. Usually around this time of the year we get -20 or worse.

Ah over here there could be the worst storm ever and lectures still wouldn't be cancelled ahaha. High school on the flip side, just a bit of snow would be enough to close down. I did a lot of gaming on those snow days aha. Good times.

Memories flooding back of me playing through Sonic Generations and many other PS3 games during my time in high school during storms :').

High school was great for snow days but college is good with this sometimes too. Remember my 2014 year got a lot of snow days due to the bad weather for example. I wouldn't be surprised if campus wasn't closed due the snow storm being too sudden (didn't know about it until I opened my front door XD! Glad I bundled up just in case or I would of been a Popsicle :D).

pLb7OdW.jpg

Not a Hero PS4 - This game is a cross between Elevator Action and Hotline Miami. It is a lot of fun in short sessions but it is a little too repetitious. It won't be a classic like Roll 7's other game Olli Olli because it lacks the depth and the urge to master the game for a higher score. It is a little to easy to slowly cludge your way through levels by mastering a few skills and just repeating it over and over. Still a great game that is tons of fun.

XffrgIY.jpg

AIPD PS4 - AIPD is a good twin stick shooter with a terrible name. Not much variety but does a few new things to keep it interesting. Geometry Wars 3 and Super Stardust are better and gives you more content for your buck but this is not bad. The option to choose how the game gets harder is a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY9xCD4lRGY

RChhFha.jpg

Gemini: Heroes Reborn PS4 - I could not get past the first chapter because it wants to download the second chapter but it never seems to finish downloading. Who wants to wait to download after each chapter even if it worked? This game is broken. Do not buy. Here is a video demoing how it is broken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1vbyBy6D4

Somebody thought I wasn't contributing with a post I made three days before and two days after the thread was locked so I am going to stick to this thread. I am glad people review old posts for quality. Not going to discuss it here but PM for details if you want them.

I have been playing Guitar Hero Live which is my new favorite plastic instrument game ever. Returning to Battlefront and BlazeRush. Had my fun with Tharsis but I am throwing in the towel with my 0-20 record.

CU6qEUK.jpg

Is Escha and Logy accessible to someone who never played an Atelier game?

If you don't have very high expectations, sure. I went into it as my first Atelier game and it left a lot to be desired. It's not that it was bad or anything, it's just character development (in a game where the characters are the main focus) and pacing weren't nearly as good as I had hoped.

If you want something that is the most light hearted thing in the world and doesn't rely on fanservice to pull you in, it's not that bad. Just don't expect an epic story or fleshed out characters.

Xenoflare

If you don't have very high expectations, sure. I went into it as my first Atelier game and it left a lot to be desired. It's not that it was bad or anything, it's just character development and pacing weren't nearly as good as I had hoped.

If you want something that is the most light hearted thing in the world and doesn't rely on fanservice to pull you in, it's not that bad. Just don't expect an epic story or fleshed out characters.

Damn,

That doesn't sound like something I'd want to drop 40 dollars on. Thanks.

Granted things could change when I go through Logy's route here in a month or 2, it's just if Escha's route is anything to go by, the character development is definitely lacking and the story is about as light hearted as can be until 2/3rds of the way through where it gains any kind of traction.

Also while I haven't gotten the email yet, PlayAsia shows my order for Digimon has shipped. Nice that they were able to get that out right before taking their holiday break.

RK128

Hello guys :). Considering this got a PSN Release and its playable on PS3, its PSN related. As some of you guys know, going back through the Sonic series and made a few threads the past week covering a few games (Heroes, Sonic 1, Riders, Sonic R) but now.....tackling the big one: Sonic Adventure 2.

Link to the thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1180559. Have fond memories of this growing up and while it has many issues, I still find enjoyment in the game :).

Yoooo is Sleepy Doge worth the $10 price tag? I know that framerate's iffy and that does annoy me but would you think it's a good tradeoff for the price tag? I've already beaten the PS3 version and enjoyed it and I'm sort of kind of wanting to jump back into it possibly.

I also saw that it was $10 on amazon but I didn't see any expiration date for that price point.

RK128

Is Teslagrad supposed to be free? I just grabbed it on UK PSN for nothing...

Its a cross-buy game, so you likely own the PS3 version through PS+ or from getting it on a sale. Then when the Vita version came out in Nov. 2015, it was listed as 'free' if you own the PS3 version.

RK128

Yoooo is Sleepy Doge worth the $10 price tag? I know that framerate's iffy and that does annoy me but would you think it's a good tradeoff for the price tag? I've already beaten the PS3 version and enjoyed it and I'm sort of kind of wanting to jump back into it possibly.

I also saw that it was $10 on amazon but I didn't see any expiration date for that price point.

It has some performance hiccups but otherwise it appears to be a decent port of the original PS3 game. I enjoyed my time with the PS3 version, so if you like that, recommend getting the PS4 version while on sale :).

cjp

Its a cross-buy game, so you likely own the PS3 version through PS+ or from getting it on a sale. Then when the Vita version came out in Nov. 2015, it was listed as 'free' if you own the PS3 version.

Didn't realise it had been on Plus, that'll be why. Thanks.

RK128

Thanks for nothing everybody!

I missed this post, so sorry if I didn't help :(.

You can order them online but not sure where honestly. I got a normal Vita 1000 grip (the NIKO one) and that was enough for me personally.

I think this link has it: http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-black/13/709ikh

Edit: I'm sure you guys know I'm on a Sonic Binge lately, playing through the series XD! Next ones I have lined up after Heroes and SA2 (which I made threads on already), is Sonic 2 and the Rivals series. I own both and....bearly even played them for some reason :l. Tried playing Riders 2 and it really didn't click with me at all :(. Hopeful that playing through both could give a second impression.

Sonic 2 is awesome :D! Love this game so it should be a lot of fun talking about this game soon :).

I have been thinking. I'm waiting for Xcom to get announced and thought that the most logical thing to do is to announce it after the civ rev release. Today it just hit me that civ rev was announced and released in Japan a couple of months ago and that we haven't heard anything about Xcom (except for that trophy list).

On top of that someone here said that it's probably made by 2k china and that they no longer are in business.

Am I seeing patterns that don't exist, what do you all think about the future possibility of playing Xcom on the vita?

Massa

I'd be more concerned with the future possibility of playing Civ Rev on the Vita at this point. Clearly there's something else going on here.

On top of that someone here said that it's probably made by 2k china and that they no longer are in business.

Am I seeing patterns that don't exist, what do you all think about the future possibility of playing Xcom on the vita?

I think that was me. I think it's highly likely it'll have been made by 2K China given that they worked on Bioshock for iOS and then did Civ Rev 2 for both phones and Vita. They also did loads of porting to PSP.

Having said that, it seems they didn't handle XCOM for phones and tablets, so you never know.

I'd be more concerned with the future possibility of playing Civ Rev on the Vita at this point. Clearly there's something else going on here.

It was mentioned in Take-Two's recent earnings call as an upcoming title:

CaUecEaW4AA6Xii.png:large

That was only from a few days ago and suggests it's releasing before March 31st.

I wouldn't worry. The game exists, fully in English, running on Vita. If you're that bothered import the Asian-English version like I did. No problems with it so far, been really enjoying it.

It's XCOM I'd be more worried about, like I mentioned earlier. And the Bioshock iOS port that I dreamed of when Civ/XCOM were leaked might be a pipe dream at this point :(

Takao

Banned
My 2K pipe dream were the PS2 GTAs getting Vita ports. They did a native version of GTA SA on PS3 last year, so stranger things have happened.

Li Kao

I'm trying to organize things a ittle on my end but fuck this download list.
Just trying to make an excel file is more annoying than it should, between the game demos listed as full game when they are not and PSDLE who don't mark my PS+ games anymore (maybe because I'm not subbed at the moment ?)
I would really like to exactly know what I bought, thank you Sony.
Grmbl...

pariah164

I picked up Velocity 2X when it went on sale a couple weeks back, and I have been engrossed in it since. Now, I am rapidly approaching the end (two stages left), and I have to ask - are there other games like this? And if not, is there a sequel coming? I need more. I have not fallen in love with a game like this in a long time.

RK128

I picked up Velocity 2X when it went on sale a couple weeks back, and I have been engrossed in it since. Now, I am rapidly approaching the end (two stages left), and I have to ask - are there other games like this? And if not, is there a sequel coming? I need more. I have not fallen in love with a game like this in a long time.

You can play the original Velocity, which is on PSN for Vita :).

Not sure if we are getting a Velocity X3 in the future but there is DLC for Velocity X2 that adds in new levels and a challenge run mode (where you are in a 2D Section and have to get to the end of the goal).

The original is just the space ship sections but that still is great.

I loved Velocity X2 too, as it was the closest the Vita got to a 2D Sonic title, next to Rayman Origins/Legends.

Oh! If you love the 2D portions in X2, then give Legends a shot; the Invasion Levels really feel like great Sonic levels to me.

Massa

The first Velocity game was a PSP mini, later remade as Velocity Ultra on the Vita and still very much worth playing (I believe it's been ported from Vita to PS3 and PC as well).

pariah164

Thanks guys, I'll definitely look into Velocity Ultra. I usually dislike space shooters, but Velocity 2X clicked with me for some reason.

Top Bottom