• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

This "bundling games with random merch" is just what PQube does. They do it for all their games and even for ones that aren't theirs on ricedigital, which is the same company.

No idea what it means about SGs sales, but it doesn't have to mean it sold badly.

Got bad news for you. You can't activate new devices on PSM, just games on previously activated devices.

Well, it looks like you were right. Goodbye, MUSYNC.

I guess I could play it on my PSTV but I don't want to deal with input lag. At least Superbeat Xonic is in the mail to soften the blow.

autoduelist

Until Dawn is awesome so far. It's sort of a teen horror movie choose your own adventure, well done. Lots of little choices have butterfly effects throughout the story, and it's got a great feedback mechanism where can find out why some early choice you made caused some future event to happen. I'm still early on, but while i normally hate vns and narrative based games, this one is right up my alley and done [so far] perfectly. Everything is subtle, choices are tense, the whole game is tense so far [in a good way]. Loving it.

My email clearly says it's a "new device activation method and implementation period". I guess I'll find out soon enough.

It's not '[new device] [activation method] and implementation period', it's a '[new] [device activation method] and implementation period'.

I was tricked by the wording in the PSM extension as well. When I went to activate my system it was already too late. RIP Fragment's Note

It's not '[new device] [activation method] and implementation period', it's a '[new] [device activation method] and implementation period'.

I realize that, but there was nothing that said it wouldn't work on new devices. I figured if I had the game on my memory card I would be able to activate it using this method.

Shizuka

I was tricked by the wording in the PSM extension as well. When I went to activate my system it was already too late. RIP Fragment's Note

I went straight for the iOS version when I saw they were discounting all versions, I'm glad I didn't get the PSM version back then.

I went straight for the iOS version when I saw they were discounting all versions, I'm glad I didn't get the PSM version back then.
Yeah I didn't pay much for it so it's not too bad. Looks like its 50% off on the Play store right now so I might try it on my cheapo Android tablet.

TsuWave

guys I need help; I only have one PS4 and for some reason it is saying that it is not activated as my primary ps4, it says I already have another device activated as such, which is impossible because this is the only ps4 I ever had, so I went into the sony network entertainment website to try and deactivate it from there to see if i could then activate it again and the website keeps saying that you can only deactivate it from the device itself but my ps4 is not registered as primary so it won't let me deactivate it, so now i'm in a situation where i can't activate/deactivate my ps4 as primary. I don't know what to do.

shmoglish

You can deactivate all your PsSystems at once via Pc. Deactivating a single system only works when you use the system you want to deactivate.

TsuWave

You can deactivate all your PsSystems at once via Pc. Deactivating a single system only works when you use the system you want to deactivate.

I did some research and I found that out, I went to the website to do it but it says that I can't do it because it can only be done once every 6 months, which I clearly didn't do since I only just found out about it. I changed my password because i'm assuming someone got hold of my account details. I'm gonna call support tomorrow but i'm doing some heavy searching and there's countless people with this same problem, and supposedly, sony used to deactivate your consoles if you called support with this issue but seemingly they killed that phone support option, so i'm looking at the possibility of sitting 6 months without being able to use important features for my system

shmoglish

Man, that sucks... And you never shared your account (maybe on Ps3)?

You can still use the account and all/most of the features, you "just" need to be online.

T-Rex.

Banned
The anime is a bit weird, it's much gorier than the game simply because you get an actual anime instead of little sprites, but the game is more atmospheric. The anime is almost like Saw in terms of how quick the characters die.

I'm not sure what you are looking for, but Corpse Party is a spooky game and you kinda have to work for it to obtain the true ending, I'd say get it.
Sounds good. I finished the anime last night and thought it was really good so I'll just go ahead and pick it up.

I enjoyed it a lot. It's not super scary, but it definitely hit some good creepy notes at times. I'm waiting for a sale on the second one, though. They both went on sale a couple months ago for $10 each (which is when I got the first one), and I have a hard time justifying paying full price with all the other games I have in my backlog I can play in the meantime.
I just recently bought a Vita and have: Danganronpa 2, Ultra Despair Girls, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Persona 4 to get through. Never mind all the PS+ titles. Corpse Party is £8.99 on the UK store I think which is a decent enough price so that's one more to add to my backlog.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yeah! My Cold Steel is finally in Italy! This was me after reading that
giphy.gif

I think i'll be like that until it arrives lol.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Sounds good. I finished the anime last night and thought it was really good so I'll just go ahead and pick it up.

I just recently bought a Vita and have: Danganronpa 2, Ultra Despair Girls, Ys: Memories of Celceta and Persona 4 to get through. Never mind all the PS+ titles. Corpse Party is £8.99 on the UK store I think which is a decent enough price so that's one more to add to my backlog.

To be honest, I didnt like corpse party. you sure you like these types of games?

Zhao_Yun

At least you have tracking on yours. Who knows where mine is :(.
I'll just keep telling myself it'll be this week.

Mine hasn't arrived either, dispatched 16 December to the UK, though that's only about 11 working days when you take out the holidays. On average it's about 14 days from VG+ to the UK, so fingers crossed it arrives safely.

Still waiting for mine as well... Hope it arrives this week!

To be honest, I didnt like corpse party. you sure you like these types of games?

Honestly, I've not played another game like it, what "types of games" do you mean? And really, there are worse ways to find out you don't like a game/genre than paying 9 pounds and giving it a go. It's not like it's a full price brand new game.

TsuWave

Man, that sucks... And you never shared your account (maybe on Ps3)?

You can still use the account and all/most of the features, you "just" need to be online.

All good now, I called and spoke to a really helpful lady, she said she could deactivate it this time as a "goodwill gesture" as I'd never done it before, she deactivated w/e device was registered as primary to my account over on their side and i managed to activate mine. thanks for the help.

Massa

All good now, I called and spoke to a really helpful lady, she said she could deactivate it this time as a "goodwill gesture" as I'd never done it before, she deactivated w/e device was registered as primary to my account over on their side and i managed to activate mine. thanks for the help.

Make sure you change your password too, someone may have it.

Trails of Cold Steel was kinda slow at the start, and the abilities your character had a bit underwhelming. Glad I stuck to it. It did take 10hrs for it to get moving for me, but things are falling in place and I'm starting to appreciate the game more and more.

Trails of Cold Steel was kinda slow at the start, and the abilities your character had a bit underwhelming. Glad I stuck to it. It did take 10hrs for it to get moving for me, but things are falling in place and I'm starting to appreciate the game more and more.

Didn't take me that long but the first 5 hours didn't grab me either. But I'm really hooked now and it's as enjoyable as TitS for me. Can't believe we got two of these games in a matter of months.

Didn't take me that long but the first 5 hours didn't grab me either. But I'm really hooked now and it's as enjoyable as TitS for me. Can't believe we got two of these games in a matter of months.

For me it was after the first field study trip, which isn't that far into the beginning as I make it seem. That's when I understood how the game works with its cycle. My characters started getting more Arts, and Links helped with the flow of battle. I'd say my main complaint is that the battles sometimes take a bit too long for my liking, even with small enemies.

For me it was after the first field study trip, which isn't that far into the beginning as I make it seem. That's when I understood how the game works with its cycle. My characters started getting more Arts, and Links helped with the flow of battle. I'd say my main complaint is that the battles sometimes take a bit too long for my liking, even with small enemies.

Yeah I think everyone should finish Ch1 before forming an opinion. It's definitely a slow start. But I really like the military academy setting and the game flow now. Probably my only complaint is the simplified Orbment system, I prefer how Trails in the Sky did it. But it has some cool elements as well, like Master or Rare Quartz.

RK128

Speaking of RPG's, got up to Chap. 11 in Summon Night 5 and man did the game get harder :(. Already had to restart the whole game due to badly getting stuck on Chap. 9 (Normal) but even on easy the game puts up quite a challenge :).

The thing I really like about the game is how smart you feel after winning a fight; all that time, energy and planing all coming together playing off. Its a nice feeling :D.

Honestly my only issue with the game is two things; the lack of JP VA and the difficulty. The former isn't distracting to me, but I can clearly see people getting annoyed with it. The latter is an issue but it might just be me; this is my first SJRPG (outside of VC2 but that plays very differently compared to this; this is more like, say Advance Wars or Fire Emblem than that game).

Will likely have the game finished by Friday and will write my first review :D!

Shinriji

Yeah I think everyone should finish Ch1 before forming an opinion. It's definitely a slow start. But I really like the military academy setting and the game flow now. Probably my only complaint is the simplified Orbment system, I prefer how Trails in the Sky did it. But it has some cool elements as well, like Master or Rare Quartz.

The Sky series and Cold Steel 1 take forever to reach enjoyable levels. Zero, Ao no Kiseki and Cold Steel 2 are a wild ride from start to finish.

Benedict

According to the EU blog there will be new titles added to the January sale tomorrow.
But they won't mention them on the blog and recommends users to check directly on the PSN store instead.

The Sky series and Cold Steel 1 take forever to reach enjoyable levels. Zero, Ao no Kiseki and Cold Steel 2 are a wild ride from start to finish.

Looking forward to that. But I don't always need a wild ride, so far I'm enjoying doing odd jobs and talking to the NPCs in Cold Steel. Never had a problem with TitS pacing either.

Hikami

Weird that it took you guys that long to find Cold Steel enjoyable. I've been enjoying it the whole time, the first few hours included. Such an improvement over Trails in the Sky's gameplay. Which is a shame since I've been playing CS and TitS SC together and going back to SC is such a pain when you can't skip long animations, there's no map for dungeons, etc.

Weird that it took you guys that long to find Cold Steel enjoyable. I've been enjoying it the whole time, the first few hours included. Such an improvement over Trails in the Sky's gameplay. Which is a shame since I've been playing CS and TitS SC together and going back to SC is such a pain when you can't skip long animations, there's no map for dungeons, etc.

RPGs are a slow burn at the start for me always, and these days only something really special will grab me. I actually put the game down for a few days, with no intention of playing it anymore due to how slow the story was at the start. However I ended up giving it a second chance and kept trotting along up to where I am now.

RK128

It just takes a while for some games to click with people Hikami :). I know that I got stuck on a few games at times before I started fully enjoying them :D.

Summon Night 5 fits that bill for me as the first hour or so really frustrated me due to being so new with the game genre the game resides in but after that, I got a clear idea on how the game works :).

Hikami

RPGs are a slow burn at the start for me always, and these days only something really special will grab me. I actually put the game down for a few days, with no intention of playing it anymore due to how slow the story was at the start. However I ended up giving it a second chance and kept trotting along up to where I am now.
Eh, I don't remember it being a slow burn. It even puts you in an action packed scene before flashing back to the start of the school year. You could test out all these advanced arts, crafts, and specials to get a taste of what's to come. If anything's a slow burn, it's Trails in the Sky FC/SC.

It just takes a while for some games to click with people Hikami :)
Yeah, I guess so. Just found it weird that it happened with this game specifically.

I'm about 40 hours into Trails of Cold Steel and already thinking of changing it to my 2015 GOTY (Sorry, Oreshika), just depends on how it ends now.

ryseing

Somewhat funny/sad story I thought y'all might enjoy. My apartment was broken into last week. I got back today and did my inventory check, and it turns out they took the PS4, my roommate's X1, and all of our games... with the exception of Tearaway Unfolded.

Tearaway bombed so bad even thieves don't want it.

sobs

On a related note, they also left the Vita and Wii U.

RK128

Somewhat funny/sad story I thought y'all might enjoy. My apartment was broken into last week. I got back today and did my inventory check, and it turns out they took the PS4, my roommate's X1, and all of our games... with the exception of Tearaway Unfolded.

sobs

I'm sorry that happened to you man :(. At least your Vita and Wii U are okay and not stolen. Did you figure out who stole you and your roommates stuff or call the cops about it? I'm sure with how online-focused the PS4/X1 are, MS/Sony have a way to track consoles down if needed.

I hope you find the ones who took your stuff and get everything back man :(.

sobs

Poor Tearaway :(

Do you have renter's insurance?

ryseing

I'm sorry that happened to you man :(. At least your Vita and Wii U are okay and not stolen. Did you figure out who stole you and your roommates stuff or call the cops about it? I'm sure with how online-focused the PS4/X1 are, MS/Sony have a way to track consoles down if needed.

I hope you find the ones who took your stuff and get everything back man :(.

No worries, everything can be replaced. Insurance is taking care of most of it. Just grateful that no one was hurt, and I thought this thread in particular would appreciate the story. Thanks for your kind words.

My roommate passed along the serial numbers to the police so we're keeping an eye out. Not terribly optimistic though. The thieves were fairly competent- lockpicked a tough door, etc. so I doubt they'd be stupid enough to connect either console online anytime soon.

Poor Tearaway :(

Do you have renter's insurance?

Yes, but the deductible is stupid high. My roommate isn't even bothering putting in a claim because his X1 plus physical games (he's mostly digital) was less than the deductible.

I had a fair amount of physical games taken as well as some personal items so my claim is currently working its way through.

Zephyx

Happy New Year!

I think I'll only be getting the Atelier Escha & Logy for this month. Still have to play through SC (Chapter 2) and CS (Bought a LE).

sobs

Man this sucks. I'm sorry to hear this.

The L2/R2 grip for the Vita 1000 (OLED) is nothing short of amazing (IMO)!

Edit:the only problem now is playing the PS4 games that don't use the standard layout(and instead map the "buttons" to the front touchscreen). We really need to tell sony that we need to be able to remap all buttons from the Vita or PS4 OS.

ryseing

Man this sucks. I'm sorry to hear this.

It's all good man. Thanks for the thoughtful words. I'm just grateful my brother wasn't there since he had been crashing at my place.

It's given me some perspective actually. Yeah, I'm bummed that my stuff's gone and my home was violated, but at least my family and my dog weren't there. If something had happened to them that would have been a real tragedy.

It's all good man. Thanks for the thoughtful words. I'm just grateful my brother wasn't there since he had been crashing at my place.

It's given me some perspective actually. Yeah, I'm bummed that my stuff's gone and my home was violated, but at least my family and my dog weren't there. If something had happened to them that would have been a real tragedy.

Never had this happen to me, but I'm sure I'd feel the exact same way as you. Consoles and games are replaceable but our loved ones aren't. I do wish you luck though, I hope that they find those bastards.

Top Bottom