• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

So I've heard that the 3.57 update borked vita

I can confirm this. I had it on sleep mode 2 days ago and it's completely drained from fully charged, first time I've seen my 2000 getting the flashing screen due to critically low battery. I had nothing running beforehand

JFC
It's not happening to me at least
There seems to be another factor

Xenoflare

It's not happening to me at least
There seems to be another factor

Many said that it's probably tied to WiFi. I'm having flight mode on until this gets resolved

Again this is the first time I've seen this degree of power drain and I am definitely not alone.

I can visit the store without a problem though

Yep I even checked both Japanese and Chinese forums. Lots of people waking up to their vita dead in the morning

I am on the latest firmware. Vita-1000 in glorious red (I miss my old Vita T__T). Had WiFi turned on since this morning so that's about 9 hours now. Still showing the "full" battery. No game running and never played anything during that time.

Axiom Verge is something that I feel will be on PS+ in the not-so-distant-future, but I have to support such a polished one-man effort on day one. I played it a lot at PAX East last year, and have been waiting (impatiently) to play it on Vita.

Worth sharing here too:

KTE's community manager shared this on his blog:

https://inspchin.wordpress.com/2016/...log-something/

Nights of Azure (PS4)
– Developed by Gust (Producer is Keisuke Kikuchi who worked for Tecmo’s Fatal Frame, etc).
– English sub, Japanese dub.
– Out 1 April 2016 (EU release date).
– No censorship.
– Limited Edition available via NISA EU Store, costs £74.99.
– No PS3 and PS Vita releases, will persuade the team to look into PS Vita version again (the quality doesn’t look that nice though – personal opinion.)
– Website URL: http://www.koeitecmoeurope.com/nightsofazure (to be launched)

Shizuka

Worth sharing here too:

Nights of Azure (PS4)
– Developed by Gust (Producer is Keisuke Kikuchi who worked for Tecmo’s Fatal Frame, etc).
– No censorship.
– No PS3 and PS Vita releases, will persuade the team to look into PS Vita version again (the quality doesn’t look that nice though – personal opinion.)

We know it doesn't, we'll buy it anyway.

magawolaz

I need a little help. Not sure what happened, but after installing a Firefox extension (HTTPS Everywhere) I found myself logged out of the PSN Web Store. I since removed the extension but now, when trying to log back in, I get this line of text:
Code:
{"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"Bad client credentials","error_code":4102,"parameters":[]}
What should I do? I tweeted @AskPlaystation but didn't receive any response.

EDIT: turns out you need to set third parties cookies to "Always"

CZ6fHUeUsAAiWyH.jpg:large

thought i was buying a knockoff glass screen protector for my vita. got a hori one for like $8 shipped back on boxing day and fiiiiinally got it

edit: it's a fat screen protector. they sent me the wrong one. :|

Looks original enough, except that it says 1000 and the image is a 2000.

that's a sticker, actually. it's covering the 2000 :/

Picture is working for me, btw.
shizuka probably has me blocked on twitter then

They are, but 1000 skins usually cover the entire front instead of just the screen, so it doesn't fit the 2000.
It's a screen protector though, not a skin. Unless I'm interpreting it wrong.

the protector for the 1000s from HORI cover just the screen, while the 2000 protectors also cover the black bezel.

18-Volt

Worth sharing here too:

Nights of Azure (PS4)
– No censorship.

Well that doesn't sound too promising. He acknowledges fan demand but sees no point in it. Gust probably will do some additional work on the game but I think the base game is not that bad like he implies. Sure, it has some resolution and framerate dips but so do every other Vita game.

Surprising thing is, where is Attack on Titan? They said western release would come soon after Japanese release, but can we expect it in Q1/Q2? We still haven't seen any AoT Vita footage either.

Akif

Anyone else having trouble viewing their recent activity on PS4? Only a few games and apps show up on my activity - most games never show up, and it's been like this for some months now. The weird thing is, I just found out today that other people can see my activity for all games just fine. Any ideas?

Well that doesn't sound too promising. He acknowledges fan demand but sees no point in it. Gust probably will do some additional work on the game but I think the base game is not that bad like he implies. Sure, it has some resolution and framerate dips but so do every other Vita game.

Surprising thing is, where is Attack on Titan? They said western release would come soon after Japanese release, but can we expect it in Q1/Q2? We still haven't seen any AoT Vita footage either.

The movement in AOT looks so good, however I remember reading about a meter for the gas in the footage that I've seen. Can you really stay in the air forever?

On another note, do you know what people said in Japan about the story in Digimon?

Guys, don't sleep on Medal of Honor: Warfighter. It's worth the space, especially for free, and it's a great multiplayer albeit with some sound and UI deficiencies.

It'd be great to get a community on there again. It's definitely one of the most lovable ugly ducklings of last generation.

The Division is incredibly fun. It has become my most anticipated upcoming title for the next few months and all it took was a beta. Now let's hope February goes by fast enough!

RK128

My bet is that Gust is really busy; they were working on adding in the NA/EU translation into the original games coding and they only have time to do that for one platform (PS4) considering they are working on other projects right now.

I hope we see something about the Vita version in the future but I'm content, with......well, getting the PS4 version now. It will be another game to get on my future PS4 down the line and if the game comes to Vita, will support that and get that version too. I'm getting a PS4, so I shouldn't feel 'forced' into not getting a game even though its not coming out on Vita. Might have this mindset now too with Gravity Rush 2 after being bitter about the game for the past few months as well. Positive mindset working already it seems XD!

Regarding Attack on Titan, we will hear about that within the next few months (likely around or at E3 2016) with it launching before the end of summer on all three consoles (PS3/PS4/Vita). Tecmo-Koei is a great publisher, so they will ensure the game comes out soon. The fact they announced the localization with the initial announcement speaks volumes with how they care about the game in western markets.

The Division is incredibly fun. It has become my most anticipated upcoming title for the next few months and all it took was a beta. Now let's hope February goes by fast enough!

Saw all your tweets on the game and I'm glad you are enjoying it so much :D! Looks fantastic and I love winter weather being shown off in games :). Hope it makes everyone happy when it comes out latter on.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't get why psn keeps giving me Invalid Credit Card Number error, I was able to use my VISA for purchases just fine during christmas and now this shit. I tried to edit my card info but I keep getting the same fucking error.

I would like to avoid customer service, if anyone has gone through this and found a solution please help me.

Saw all your tweets on the game and I'm glad you are enjoying it so much :D! Looks fantastic and I love winter weather being shown off in games :). Hope it makes everyone happy when it comes out latter on.

I'm no stranger to the snow or Winter, I live in Toronto after all (although this year we haven't really had it, haven't even gone below -10C so it isn't that cold), and this game just nails it in terms of ambience. Just walking around the streets of NY and seeing the flurries come down makes me feel like I'm actually outside. Also the fact that I went to NY myself not too long ago and seeing landmarks that I myself passed by is just awesome. Heck I was able to go to the street where my hotel was and everything.

Still waiting for a game that gives me a legit representation of my beautiful city in the 6ix though. We have tons of movies shot up here, we need some games now.

RK128

Did anyone get Lego Marvel's Avenges on Vita here yet? Interested in picking it up and review I saw of it look positive :).

Personally love the MCU films and despite Spider-Man/Guardians of the Galaxy/Fantastic Four/X-Men characters not being in this game, the open world + levels based on MCU films sorta make up for that for me :D.

Any impressions on the game are much appreciated :D! Also, happy weekend everyone! Hope the next two days are relaxing and peaceful for everyone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't get why psn keeps giving me Invalid Credit Card Number error, I was able to use my VISA for purchases just fine during christmas and now this shit. I tried to edit my card info but I keep getting the same fucking error.

I would like to avoid customer service, if anyone has gone through this and found a solution please help me.

My solution was to go out and buy a points card.

Sound Shapes on Vita is very disappointing, so far the tunes are not good and the game isn't as fluid as it should be.

Any good review or gameplay of Knytt Underground?

RK128

Sound Shapes on Vita is very disappointing, so far the tunes are not good and the game isn't as fluid as it should be.

Man, haven't played Knytt since....I think a good bit after my purchase of the Vita (Early 2014).....I remember it being a interesting puzzle platformer and its mechanics started opening up latter in the game.

Not a good first-impressions kinda game but it gets a lot better as you play it.

Here is the Vita Lounge Review of Knytt: http://thevitalounge.net/2013/09/16/knytt-underground/

nampad

WTF? The music is superb. Did you already get to the Beck levels?

About Knytt Underground, I thought it was pretty boring.

VLiberty

Man, haven't played Knytt since....I think a good bit after my purchase of the Vita (Early 2014).....I remember it being a interesting puzzle platformer and its mechanics started opening up latter in the game.

Not a good first-impressions kinda game but it gets a lot better as you play it.

Here is the Vita Lounge Review of Knytt: http://thevitalounge.net/2013/09/16/knytt-underground/

I usuaòòy agree with TVL reviews but

Platforming is also a mixed bag.

Nope. I just can't deal with this.

If you don't mind getting spoiled a secret stage, take a look at this:
https://youtu.be/c2fkbVpLLQ8?t=67

Top Bottom