• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | January 2016

RK128

It's a domino effect. "Oh those guys pulled out and they managed to do just fine on the main platforms". I agree with those saying that this, and maybe a bit of 2017 too, will be the last years of the Vita. Until then, if a game that I want comes to it, I'll play it there. But in no way shape or form am I as attached to the device as I was a year, two, three ago. I've already let go and moved on. No point arguing of making a fit, Vita gave us some great games but it's time final days are coming slowly but surely.

I'm in the same boat man; love my Vita a lot but my library for the system is too big to care about if it dies or not in the future. I will always have something to play and in the coming year, so much stuff is coming out I want. Will get that and tell developers "Thank you for releasing your games on Vita" :).

At this stages, its impressive stuff still is coming to the Vita (its in its fourth year and it looks to go out strong with its great localization line up). I'm happy with its present 2016 line up and very happy with my collection of games for the system :).

PS+ February. Vita in bold.

Grid Autosport, PS3
Helldivers: Democracy Strikes Back , PS4, PS3, PS Vita
Lemmings Touch, PS Vita
Nom Nom Galaxy, PS4
Nova-111, PS Vita
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, PS3

I said this in the PS+ Thread but I am very happy with this line up :D!

All three consoles have three games to play (thanks to Hell divers and Nova being cross-buy), the PS3 line up rocks (can't wait to download P4: Arena Ultimax) and the Vita line up is great thanks to the cross-buy titles.

For those upset with Energy Hook Vita being scrapped, sent a tweet to the developer and Gieo (Third Party Relations) so hopefully we get the game on Vita in the future :D.

Link: https://twitter.com/RK1283/status/692391848686555136

Did it as soon as I learnt about the cancellation.

Shahid was originally involved in getting the game on Vita though, I think. If you check the tweet from September about it running on Vita, he tagged Shahid in it:

https://twitter.com/happionlabs/status/640984640635797504

So maybe you need to approach the Strategic Content team, too.

I genuinely swear I'm not doing this on purpose, lol, but I just noticed this and thought it was worth sharing.

I was browsing Twitter and saw "Organic Panic" was coming to PS4 in March, and thought "wasn't that coming to Vita?" So I checked and there was a Kickstarter that was funded and:

UPDATE!!! We will be releasing on PC, XBOX, Mac, IOS, Linux, Android, Ouya, Wii U, PS3, PS Vita. See our FAQ for expected release dates.

So I googled it and yeah, Vita version is cancelled:

Console Challenges – Some more hard news is that we\’re not going to be launching on Xbox 360 and PS3/Vita! – Instead we’re porting to Xbox One and Playstation 4, Sorry to all our backers who backed those systems. We don't have the resources, support and time to logistically make this happen right now, and it’s quite possible we won’t make those ports, it all depend on the launch success.

This one I wasn't too fussed about, and in their defence they cancelled multiple versions. Seemingly not WiiU/iOS/Android though.

Benedict

I genuinely swear I'm not doing this on purpose, lol, but I just noticed this and thought it was worth sharing.

I was browsing Twitter and saw "Organic Panic" was coming to PS4 in March, and thought "wasn't that coming to Vita?" So I checked and there was a Kickstarter that was funded and:

This one I wasn't too fussed about, and in their defence they cancelled multiple versions. Seemingly not WiiU/iOS/Android though.

So they will refund the people who supported them for those platforms?

Edit: I wish I never ever have to see Invokers DLC on the PSN store again. It shows up all the time, taking up space.

So they will refund the people who supported them for those platforms?

It was in the part that I thought I linked but turned out it was from a banned site, but in short yes:

If you want to change your platform of choice from the Xbox 360 and PS3/Vita to any other platform (Xbox One, PS4, Mac, Linux, PC, Wii U or IOS/Android) please let me know through the Kickstarter message system. If there are any backers of the Xbox 360 and PS3/Vita that want a refund please contact me through the Kickstarter message system, and we’ll work that out with you.

RK128

Well, at least they didn't just scrap the Vita version. Its a shame but if it makes the game better or allows them to ensure other versions are better, then good on them.

I also picture this as a indie developer saying "Okay!" to a Vita port without knowing the strengths/hardware/power levels of the system, so the Vita version being scrapped is more from bad planning rather then just "Yah, we don't care about the console anymore."

Edit: And as you pointing out, they didn't even make a big fuss about refunding people that backed the scrapped versions, so kudos on the developers :). I am getting a PS4 at some point this year and if this is a good price, will get that to support them being cool developers (explaining why the other versions got scrapped and offering refunds without being pricks to backers).

autoduelist

I've stopped arguing about this. If the other Vita users are fine with that, or if they just can't see what's happening among the indie devs, I'm happy for them.

The negativity is just so strong with some of you. Yes, some games got cancelled at the end of the year. Big freakin' deal. We're still getting tons of games.

Seriously, the non-vita owners seemingly have finally stopped saying vita has no games so now some of you are jumping at the opportunity to fill their role.

Again, there isn't some 'indie developer' club where they're just waiting for one to cancel so they can all cancel. Each game is its own project, and yes, sometimes they realize the time and financial investment wouldn't be worth the return. That's especially true if a game comes out on other platforms first and doesn't sell to expectations, or if they simply didn't realize the amount of effort to release on so many platforms.

Maybe I have a different view on it all because my career was in software development, but the doom and gloom is uncalled for. Sure, some games get cancelled. and sure, eventually vita will be relegated to the past. Obviously. But it takes a certain about of pessimism to look at the ridiculously full release schedule the vita has coming up in 2016 and focus on a small handful of end-of-year cancellations.

Seriously. We used to say how it sucked to enter threads in 'gaming' about vita because so many people took the opportunity to shit on vita. Well you know what? that's what this thread has felt like lately, with all the ridiculous pessimism based on a couple of games getting cancelled.

RK128

The negativity is just so strong with some of you. Yes, some games got cancelled at the end of the year. Big freakin' deal. We're still getting tons of games.

Seriously, the non-vita owners seemingly have finally stopped saying vita has no games so now some of you are jumping at the opportunity to fill their role.

Again, there isn't some 'indie developer' club where they're just waiting for one to cancel so they can all cancel. Each game is its own project, and yes, sometimes they realize the time and financial investment wouldn't be worth the return. That's especially true if a game comes out on other platforms first and doesn't sell to expectations, or if they simply didn't realize the amount of effort to release on so many platforms.

Maybe I have a different view on it all because my career was in software development, but the doom and gloom is uncalled for. Sure, some games get cancelled. and sure, eventually vita will be relegated to the past. Obviously. But it takes a certain about of pessimism to look at the ridiculously full release schedule the vita has coming up in 2016 and focus on a small handful of end-of-year cancellations.

Seriously. We used to say how it sucked to enter threads in 'gaming' about vita because so many people took the opportunity to shit on vita. Well you know what? that's what this thread has felt like lately, with all the ridiculous pessimism based on a couple of games getting cancelled.

That could explain why the thread has been moving slower lately too :l.

People have the right to get bitter over accepting reality of the situation; the Vita will likely stop having new games released by the end of 2017/early 2018.

I don't mind talking about these cancellations as its interesting to find out 'Why' projects get shut down. Developmental issues, technical challenges, and the like are all interesting to learn more about.

Japanese Games still are coming out on Vita (and 2016 looks amazing on that front) and some high profile indie games still are landing on Vita (Axiom Verge for example). I feel that 2016 is a good year for the Vita and if it really is the Vita's final year, its shaping up to be one hell of a send off year.

I wish Sony would comment on Vita support for 2016. If we get an official statement on how indie support is from their mouths, then people might feel a bit better.

To lighten the mood I guess, I made a few posts on a Sonic anniversary thread about hypothetical Trophy lists for Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06. Considering how horrid both are and how I beat both of them, it was a blast making this XD! I could explain some of these trophies if any of you never played these two games but for those that did, hope you get a good laugh :').

Sonic 06:
"Empty Flame" - Platinum
"S-Speed of Sound" - Beat Wave Ocean as Sonic
"That's not how Loops Work...." - Walk through a Loop in Wave Ocean as Sonic
"Goal Ring in the Ocean" - Fling yourself off the final Loop in Wave Ocean
"Some Flame Shield" - Walk over the Sand in Dusty Desert but run out of energy
"Its No Use!" - Lose to Silver one time
"That Train was Radical!" - Complete Mach Speed Section without dying or loosing Rings
"Hiding Place Achieved!" - Stop moving when snowboarding in White Acropolis
"Riding Up Hill!" - Turn around using the snowboard in either White Acropolis or Crisis City
"That Tornado is Carrying a Car!" - Do not get hit with Cars during Mach Speed section in Crisis City
"Water Dash" - Do not die in Kingdom Valley's Mach Speed Section
"Drawing the Line in the Sand" - Knuckles climbs the wall in Flame Core for 5 minutes
"Aquatic Monkey Balls" - Water Ball doesn't get hit during Aquatic Base
"The Princess Is Always in Another Castle" - Beat All Eggman Boss Fights
"Strange Love Triangle" - Complete Third Mission of Trials of Solenana
"Walk the Dog?" - Complete Dog Side-Mission in Solenana
"I AM the Hero" - Complete Chase the Kids Mission in Solenana
"You Serious?" - Complete Find the Captain Mission in Solenana
"My Bros are With Me" - Complete all Tails/Knuckles Tag-Team Missions in Solenana
"Sonic B---Outch!" - Use Blue Gem and hit a wall
"Sling Shot" - Use Sky Blue Gem
"Mini Me" - Use Purple Gem
"The Edge Comes Back!" Complete White Acroplis as Shadow
"Meh, Guns Aren't my Thing Anymore" - Use Chaos Spear 20 Times
"This is my Kind Of City" - Ride the Buggy in Crisis City for 2 Minutes
"Auto-Pilot" - Do not move the analog stick during Hang Gliding section in Wave Ocean
"Sticky Fingers" - Climb on Walls as Rouge for five minutes
"Robotic Flight" - 'Hover' as Omega for one minute
"My Darkside Rises!" - Beat Mephlius Fights
"All Hail Shadow" - Beat Shadow's Story
"Math is Fun....." - Beat Math side-mission as Shadow
"Some Race" - Beat Racing side-mission as Shadow
"Days of Future Past" - Complete Aquatic Base as Shadow or Silver
"Hedgehog Trunks" - Beat Crisis City as Silver
"Gotta Go Fast" - Walk through the entire hub of Solenena as Silver
"Lovely Forest Jog" - Walk through the entire hub of Solenena Forest as Silver
"Desert of Fustration" - Beat Dusty Desert within 10 minutes
"This.....Works?!" - Beat Ball Puzzle in Dusty Desert in 1 minute
"Its NO USE!!!!!" - Fight Sonic and hold him in place for 2 minutes
"Dark Sonic?" - Fight Shadow and hold him in place for 30 seconds
"Times is a mess" - Beat Silvers Story
"Fire Speed" - Beat Wave Ocean as Blaze
"This looks similar...." - Beat Wave Ocean as Tails
"Its not over yet?!" - Unlock Last Story
"We are all coming" - Beat End of the World
"Fairy Tale Kiss" - See cut-scene before final Fight
"Its Over!" - Beat Last Story
"Wasting Time is Fun" - Collect every silver metal
"I hate myself" - Beat Hard mode for the three characters
"Amego Mayhem" - Beat Amigo Mode

Shadow:
"Ow the Edge" - Get the Platinum Trophy
"Explosive Temper" - Use Chaos Blast 20 Times
"Time Hopper" - Use Chaos Control 20 Times
"The Power is MINE!" - Shoot 1000 Bullets when in Chaos Mode
"I see EVERYTHING!" - Have Doom's Eye Follow you in every Dark Mission he's in
"Sayanora, Shadow the Hedgehog" - Turn the game off
"Up Your Arsenal" - Use every weapon in the game
"At the Speed of Sound" - Beat Westopolis in 2 minutes
"Get that DAMN Emerald" - Complete Circus Park Hero Mission
"Cracking that Egg" - Get Dark Ending for Egg Dealer Boss
"Lost In Space" - Spend 40+ Minutes on Lost Impact'
"This is the REAL Ending ;)" - Unlock the Last Story
"What are you Waiting For?" - Spend 15 Minutes during the Final Boss
"Watch Where You're Aiming!" - Shoot a Hero Character when they are following you
"Player 2" - Sync up a second controller and play as the partner character for any stage
"Blue Blur, Huh?" - Beat Sonic in Crazy Gadget
"This isn't Phazner Dragoon..." - Beat The Ark Stage
"That Egg Fleet Really is Final Now" - Beat Dark Mission in Sky Troops
"Karate Chop Action!" - Defeat every version of the Egg Dealer
"I'm Complicated Guys...." - Beat a Hero Mission during Stage 6 of a Pure Dark or Semi-Dark Playthrough
"This is MY Game Sonic" - Beat the Dark Mission & Boss for Final Haunt
"Computer Room Found" - Beat Hero Mission for Comic Fall
"Haunted Chao Garden" - Beat Hero Mission in Cryptic Castle
"Cyber Hacker!" - Beat any Mission in Mad Matrix or Digital Circuit
"Escaping the City" - Beat Westopolis in Story Mode 20 Times
"Opps" - Shoot Gun Troops when Sonic Follows you in Westopolis
"Sorry Doom, my Aiming is Off" - Shooter Black Arms Creatures during Westopolis
"I follow my OWN Rules" - Complete Westopolis Neutral Mission when only having 1 foe left to kill for Hero/Dark Mission
"All Hail Shadow....." - Complete every level in the game with an A Rank
"Live and Learn" - Die 50 times
"Oh God, why?" clear all 326 routes
"Chaotix Confusion" - Beat Hero Missions with Knuckles, Charmy, Espio and Vector
"I'm not Sonic..." - Let Amy follow you in Hero Mission for Cryptic Castle for 4 minutes
"Eggman Empire" - Beat every Dark Mission with Eggman
"My, that is a big gun you have" - Have a gun equipped for the entirety of GUN Fortress
"Killing is not my style" - Beat any stage without killing any foe

Pata

Hello there VitaGAF/PSNGAF. It's Pata.

Some of you may already know me (or posted the links I posted somewhere here), some may not.

I'm a regular poster at the TVL forums and occasionally on reddit. I'm a big Vita fan, but I don't play it too much due to Rocket League (my weakness) on my PS4. i recently got my GAF account approved, so I'm happy to be here and finally discuss things and post links directly here ;)

--------------------------------------------------

I was browsing Twitter and saw "Organic Panic" was coming to PS4 in March, and thought "wasn't that coming to Vita?"
[...]

The game was originally one of the launch titles for Midnight City (Majesco's indie division) which was signed a bit after the KS. When Majesco reestructered some of these indie projects were seemingly abandoned (like this one) or refocused (like Gone Home which was going to be published for Wii U, but the port was cancelled, now released for PS4/X1).

It seems they needed some additional funding as they have signed with another publisher, GameMill, so maybe this publisher has imposed other conditions like not allowing them to port the game to other consoles. That's probably wild speculation, but I always wondered how the game could have run on Vita as this is seems a physics intensive game and Vita is known to have problems with physics-intensive games (that's if they have tried, of course)

RK128

Some of you may already know me (or posted the links I posted somewhere here), some may not.

I'm a regular poster at the TVL forums and occasionally on reddit. I'm a big Vita fan, but I don't play it too much due to Rocket League (my weakness) on my PS4. i recently got my GAF account approved, so I'm happy to be here and finally discuss things and post links directly here ;)

--------------------------------------------------

The game was originally one of the launch titles for Midnight City (Majesco's indie division) which was signed a bit after the KS. When Majesco reestructered some of these indie projects were seemingly abandoned (like this one) or refocused (like Gone Home which was going to be published for Wii U, but the port was cancelled, now released for PS4/X1).

It seems they needed some additional funding as they have signed with another publisher, GameMill, so maybe this publisher has imposed other conditions like not allowing them to port the game to other consoles. That's probably wild speculation, but I always wondered how the game could have run on Vita as this is seems a physics intensive game and Vita is known to have problems with physics-intensive games.

Welcome to Vita Gaf :D! I think I remember you from the Vita Lounge Forums, so its great to see you pay a visit here buddy :).

Thank you for explaining some more info behind the development of Organic Panic; gives us some more insight on what happened to the game throughout its development.

kunnikuman

Neo Member
I know all about situation because that was my job and how dare you not be able to understand since mine is based on experience and clearly its the same thing.

Who are the WE again? (Oh, just me).

Im not a apologist but here I am apologizing Just look the other way around and pretend it's all good. It's also really is interesting to see it all happening in action, really an monumental.

I know all about situation because that was my job and how dare you not be able to understand since mine is based on experience and clearly its the same thing.

Im not a apologist but here I am apologizing Just look the other way around and pretend it's all good. It's also really is interesting to see it all happening in action, really an monumental.
???????????

SiDCrAzY

XazsO97.gif

Again, there isn't some 'indie developer' club where they're just waiting for one to cancel so they can all cancel. Each game is its own project, and yes, sometimes they realize the time and financial investment wouldn't be worth the return. That's especially true if a game comes out on other platforms first and doesn't sell to expectations, or if they simply didn't realize the amount of effort to release on so many platforms

It baffles me that someone who understands that each indie project is evaluated and cancelled separately is suggesting that we're "jumping at the opportunity" to say the Vita has no games.

In fact, I don't remember any of this current discussion being about "no games" at all?

Cancellations in a vacuum don't bother me. In fact, cancellations in general don't bother me. When it's been stuff I've been looking forward to playing on a certain console literally since 2014, though, it starts to bother me. Especially when it's the latest in what seems to be a trend, whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

I mean yes, I agree with you, there's certainly loads left to look forward to in 2016. My 2016 should be filled with Vita stuff just like 2014 and 2015 were, so I'm not too worried because I know stuff will come. But two of the games I was looking forward to have gone. It's probably dramatic, but how do I know the other stuff I'm looking forward to that isn't Japanese won't get cancelled because the devs "can't afford to spend the time optimizing"? (a new, direct quote regarding Energy Hook)

I'm glad people can stay optimistic. Good for you. But I don't see why you need to moan about discussion regarding cancellations? Isn't that just making the atmosphere in the thread even worse (if it's as bad as you say it is?)

Welcome to GAF and the thread. Hope you enjoy it :)

Christian

So, how quickly do the Limited Run Games sell out? I want to pick up Saturday Morning RPG on Friday, but I'd like to know in advance how cutthroat the ordering is going to be.

So, how quickly do the Limited Run Games sell out? I want to pick up Saturday Morning RPG on Friday, but I'd like to know in advance how cutthroat the ordering is going to be.

I would set an alarm. Last time it was gone much quicker than anyone anticipated

But if you show up at the time they go online you'll definitely get one

autoduelist

It baffles me that someone who understands that each indie project is evaluated and cancelled separately is suggesting that we're "jumping at the opportunity" to say the Vita has no games.

In fact, I don't remember any of this current discussion being about "no games" at all?

I didn't mean to imply that's what some of you were saying. I was saying that now that detractors have finally stopped screaming that in every gaming thread, this thread has becomes full of woe. This thread used to be the place to avoid that endless negativity. Now it feels like the source of it.

Cancellations in a vacuum don't bother me. In fact, cancellations in general don't bother me. When it's been stuff I've been looking forward to playing on a certain console literally since 2014, though, it starts to bother me. Especially when it's the latest in what seems to be a trend, whether you want to acknowledge that or not.

As has been mentioned before, the end of year is a common time to cancel projects.
There are many valid reasons projects get cancelled-
1) The game did poorly on initial release, so continuing to put it out on other platforms is a waste of money.
2) The kickstarter put up vita and wiiu and other things to grab as much money as they could, not realizing how much work it would actually be.
3) Technical issues.
etc.

Those reasons explain cancellations -FAR- better than 'oh, that other developer cancelled their game, now we can too!'. In other words, this idea that there is a 'trend' is toxic. It was a small handful of games at the end of the year.... and we're going into a year full of releases.

Obviously, it's 2016 and the vita gets older every year. Obviously we're going to start getting less games. All that's obvious. What isn't required is the endless doom and gloom in this thread, with posts like:
"It's a domino effect."
or
"More and more indies being scrapped on Vita......at least JP localizations will fill the void as more indies get canceled throughout the year"

There's this constant toxic idea being posted that suddenly all these indie devs are going to cancel, and that's pretty much the definition of negativity. These cancellations haven't happened yet, but people are acting as if they are a given, as if these future possible cancellations are reasons to be upset and give up on the vita. It's absurd.

It's ugly and toxic.

I mean yes, I agree with you, there's certainly loads left to look forward to in 2016. My 2016 should be filled with Vita stuff just like 2014 and 2015 were, so I'm not too worried because I know stuff will come. But two of the games I was looking forward to have gone. It's probably dramatic, but how do I know the other stuff I'm looking forward to that isn't Japanese won't get cancelled because the devs "can't afford to spend the time optimizing"? (a new, direct quote regarding Energy Hook)

It's not 'probably' dramatic, it is dramatic. A small handful of games got cancelled at the end of the year. That's the long and short of it. We can talk again in 3 months if 5 games a month get cancelled, but for now, it's just a small handful of games that got nixed. That happens all the time, on all platforms.

You don't know that other stuff won't get cancelled. There's no guarantee. But that doesn't mean you need to worry about it -- worry won't do anything but age you needlessly.

I'm glad people can stay optimistic. Good for you. But I don't see why you need to moan about discussion regarding cancellations? Isn't that just making the atmosphere in the thread even worse (if it's as bad as you say it is?)

If my post is 'moaning', then boy do I have news for you about this thread. I'm trying to put a fucking heart defibrillator to some of the people in this thread that seem to have fell down some dank dark hole of pessimism [I'm not really talking about you here]. I mean, people can't even mention games without adding some negative spin or sentiment.

Enjoy what we have. If we get 5 cancellations a month for 3 months, sure, we have a trend. Right now? We have a year full of vibrant releases.

This thread used to be our bastion. If you all have given up on that, and want it to be a place to constantly group worry about things that haven't happened under the self-defeating guise of 'being realistic', that's fine, but I'll find another forum. Because the only thing that's 'realistic' is that yes, some games got cancelled, and yes, we have lots of upcoming releases. Everything else is bias.

The existance of a trend does not mean that there's a causal link between the events. How you possibly could write an essay trying to refute peoples' points and say something so wildly misrepresentative of one such point is beyond me.

Massa

I didn't mean to imply that's what some of you were saying. I was saying that now that detractors have finally stopped screaming that in every gaming thread, this thread has becomes full of woe. This thread used to be the place to avoid that endless negativity. Now it feels like the source of it.

As has been mentioned before, the end of year is a common time to cancel projects.
There are many valid reasons projects get cancelled-
1) The game did poorly on initial release, so continuing to put it out on other platforms is a waste of money.
2) The kickstarter put up vita and wiiu and other things to grab as much money as they could, not realizing how much work it would actually be.
3) Technical issues.
etc.

Those reasons explain cancellations -FAR- better than 'oh, that other developer cancelled their game, now we can too!'. In other words, this idea that there is a 'trend' is toxic. It was a small handful of games at the end of the year.... and we're going into a year full of releases.

Obviously, it's 2016 and the vita gets older every year. Obviously we're going to start getting less games. All that's obvious. What isn't required is the endless doom and gloom in this thread, with posts like:
"It's a domino effect."
or
"More and more indies being scrapped on Vita......at least JP localizations will fill the void as more indies get canceled throughout the year"

There's this constant toxic idea being posted that suddenly all these indie devs are going to cancel, and that's pretty much the definition of negativity. These cancellations haven't happened yet, but people are acting as if they are a given, as if these future possible cancellations are reasons to be upset and give up on the vita. It's absurd.

It's ugly and toxic.

It's not 'probably' dramatic, it is dramatic. A small handful of games got cancelled at the end of the year. That's the long and short of it. We can talk again in 3 months if 5 games a month get cancelled, but for now, it's just a small handful of games that got nixed. That happens all the time, on all platforms.

You don't know that other stuff won't get cancelled. There's no guarantee. But that doesn't mean you need to worry about it -- worry won't do anything but age you needlessly.

If my post is 'moaning', then boy do I have news for you about this thread. I'm trying to put a fucking heart defibrillator to some of the people in this thread that seem to have fell down some dank dark hole of pessimism [I'm not really talking about you here]. I mean, people can't even mention games without adding some negative spin or sentiment.

Enjoy what we have. If we get 5 cancellations a month for 3 months, sure, we have a trend. Right now? We have a year full of vibrant releases.

This thread used to be our bastion. If you all have given up on that, and want it to be a place to constantly group worry about things that haven't happened under the self-defeating guise of 'being realistic', that's fine, but I'll find another forum. Because the only thing that's 'realistic' is that yes, some games got cancelled, and yes, we have lots of upcoming releases. Everything else is bias.

Bravo. This thread used to be THE place to read about Vita games on GAF, now it's the complete opposite.

RK128

You know, if I ever was negative about stuff in the past or caused issues for this thread, I am sorry to bring that toxic vibe into the thread. This IS the thread for the Vita and....we need to ensure it stays positive.

It is very, very easy to bring toxic vibes when talking about the Vita, so all of us as a community need to ensure this thread stays positive. I brought toxic vibes when a mod had to come in after that mess I made regarding the VoteVita thread happened for example and that was not what this thread needs.

You are completely right and thank you for trying to be the wake up call for this thread.

I'm pretty sure this thread always had cynics. What it didn't have before is people writing long winded posts telling people to get over it whenever there's bad news. Let people be bummed, let them vent. You'll get a more positive thread by proxy of not telling people how to think.

RK128

I'm pretty sure this thread always had cynics. What it didn't have before is people writing long winded posts telling people to get over it whenever there's bad news. Let people be bummed, let them vent. You'll get a more positive thread by proxy of not telling people how to think.

That is a good point NormalFish. Its healthy when people can vent there frustrations out and then talk about stuff with a clear mind latter.

Xenoflare

I am looking forward to that for sure :D! A ton of great stuff is coming and with Axiom Verge hopefully releasing next month, it will be a great month of gaming for me XD!

I wish I had more money this quarter. So many things to import.

Axiom Verge has a vita release date now?

Well Fire Emeblem Fates is going to make me dry, that and digimon are the only purchases I'm making before summer.

Unless there are sure steep sales on the PSN that'll be it for me.

RK128

Axiom Verge has a vita release date now?

Well Fire Emeblem Fates is going to make me dry, that and digimon are the only purchases I'm making before summer.

Unless there are sure steep sales on the PSN that'll be it for me.

Axiom Verge has no release date yet, but the developers said something along the lines of "Its coming out very soon" this month. So, that means logically, it should come out next month :).

Not getting Fates (still have to get Awakening at some point X() but the Smash DLC and PKM Yellow will be my 3DS games for the month XD!

PSN Sales will always eat my wallet alive :').

will get axiom verge on release. gotta support that. Will import oreshika and digimon sometime in the near future, hopefully. Darkest Dungeon i think should also be on its way pretty soon, but i havent followed it too closely.

Oh, also skullgirls.

RK128

will get axiom verge on release. gotta support that. Will import oreshika and digimon sometime in the near future, hopefully. Darkest Dungeon i think should also be on its way pretty soon, but i havent followed it too closely.

Oh, also skullgirls.

Didn't know Darkest Dungeon and Skullgirls were so close to release (know the later went gold but still....); going to get three great indie games if those two + Axiom Verge release next month XD!

You mean the retail copies of Oreshika and Digimon, right? Hope you got them at a good price and enjoy them in your collection :D.

Takao

Banned
I guess Gundam Extreme Vs. Force is exiting beta soon:

Gundam Extreme VS Force getting major free updates: Free Battle mode, Course Battle, new suits
The update adds a VS. Extend option to the main menu, which when you select leads to a Free Battle option. There, you can select from any of the units and do 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 battles on any stage with whatever music you want. You can adjust the time limit, damage level, and all the sorts of stuff you’d expect from a Free Battle mode.

Bandai Namco also announced that in the next free update, Ver.1.03, they’ll be adding six new playable suits to the game:
  • Mac Knife from G-Reco
  • Gundam Physalis from Mobile Suit Gundam 0083
  • Master Gundam from G Gundam
  • Turn X from Turn A Gundam
  • Strike Freedom Gundam from Gundam Seed Destiny
  • Double 0 Gundam from Gundam 00

In addition, the update will add a Custom option to key configuration that’ll allow folks to customize their controls in both Extreme Force and Extend modes.

Course Battle mode will also be added to the game, allowing players to choose a course based on difficulty and play through a series of battles against the CPU.

Free Battle will be updated to Ver1.01, which will add a VS menu to the moment before battle starts.

Finally, Extreme Force mode will be updated to allow you to go back to completed missions and use whatever mobile suits you’d like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=224cFIIDHNA

RK128

I'm playing Darkest Dungeon on my PC, if you don't already own it there definitely get it on your Vita. Game is quite grindy, but I'm pretty sure that those who go into this game already know it. I've had some of the most intense turn based battles in quite a while.

RK128

I'm playing Darkest Dungeon on my PC, if you don't already own it there definitely get it on your Vita. Game is quite grindy, but I'm pretty sure that those who go into this game already know it. I've had some of the most intense turn based battles in quite a while.

Saw some footage of that online. The fights can get really intensive :(. Looking forward to giving this a shot when the Vita version comes out :). Nice that more western indie RPG's are coming out on Vita recently (been happening since mid-2015) so I hope this continues :D.

Takao

Banned
That is a great post :D! This is (I think?) the Vita Gundam game they are bringing over this year, so hopefully they talk about the NA/EU release date soon :).

That update looks to have a lot of content (playable characters, modes, ect) so that is really cool.

Yeah, it's the one we're getting in North America and Europe. Have to hope our versions will have this content included from the get go.

RK128

Yeah, it's the one we're getting in North America and Europe. Have to hope our versions will have this content included from the get go.

I think the NA/EU versions are releasing after the Asia/JP release so......I could see all the content they are rolling out be bundled with the NA/EU versions or becomes launch-day free DLC.

Top Bottom