• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Did you guys forget XSEED's huge announcements?

TOTP: Pre-order Trails of Cold Steel.

I sure haven't but we talked about those already, and that's stuff that won't be at the conferences. Maybe in the montage that I mentioned, but that's it.

And I would if it was up on Amazon!

RK128

I have a few things that I think will be on lock for the conference:

- Uncharted 4 Gameplay (we will see more characters that we know and love like Sully and Elena)
- More Until Dawn gameplay
- We will see the new IP Guerrilla has been working on:
guerrilla-games-new-ps4-ip-horizon_0.jpg

- PS4 and Vita will both get price drops.
- Morpheus and games that support it
- Persona 5 (I'm going knee deep on this one, they know how much value the franchise has, it is a Sony exclusive, and you better believe they will bring it up there)
- Vita won't see much action, maybe we will see Severed again, and other indie stuff and maybe a quick montage of stuff that's coming to it, either at the start or at the end of the conference

I hope for Persona 5 as well; loved both P4G and P3P, so I can't wait to see more of the project. My bet is that Sony will show off a trailer of the game, the main theme song will be playing and hopefully, announce a fall 2015 release date for NA/EU.

With the earlier reports of PS4, Vita and PS TV price drops, that is almost expected to happen. The Vita 2000 being sold for 99 bucks and PS TV being sold at 49 bucks would fit nicely with a PS3 price (199 or 149) and a PS4 price drop latter in the year (as they have to sell those Batman bundles this month :l).

An indie reel for the Vita alongside announcing a small handful of Vita ports (like they did with Child of Light, Tales of Hearts R and Tales of the Borderlands I think at some point...) is likely.
Will not expect anything more from them on the Vita front; all that leads to is disappointment and I want to enjoy this E3

Did you guys forget XSEED's huge announcements?

TOTP: Pre-order Trails of Cold Steel.

I didn't forget, just didn't list them due to those being announced already (and it seems that everyone is getting a lot of their announcements, well, announced already so that way they are not clouded out by the bigger conferences/directs.

Can't pre-order Trails of Cold Steel as I still have to play Trials in the Sky first alongside finishing some of my large backlog (to many games to play honestly XD).

Edit: Thank you for the fix regarding my mistake Shizuka :D. Must have forgot about last years E3....

I hope for Persona 5 as well; loved both P4G and P3P, so I can't wait to see more of the project. My bet is that Sony will show off a trailer of the game, the main theme song will be playing and hopefully, announce a fall 2015 release date for NA/EU.

With the earlier reports of PS4, Vita and PS TV price drops, that is almost expected to happen. The Vita 2000 being sold for 99 bucks and PS TV being sold at 49 bucks would fit nicely with a PS3 price (199 or 149) and a PS4 price drop latter in the year (as they have to sell those Batman bundles this month :l).

An indie reel for the Vita alongside announcing a small handful of Vita ports (like they did with Disney Infinity and Wolf Among Us I think at some point...) is likely.
Will not expect anything more from them on the Vita front; all that leads to is disappointment and I want to enjoy this E3

I didn't forget, just didn't list them due to those being announced already (and it seems that everyone is getting a lot of their announcements, well, announced already so that way they are not clouded out by the bigger conferences/directs.

Can't pre-order Trails of Cold Steel as I still have to play Trials in the Sky first alongside finishing some of my large backlog (to many games to play honestly XD).

Yeah don't expect anything for the Vita really. Go into it expecting to see the latest in tech and what to look forward to for the consoles. The Vita will get some love in 3 weeks from the God Eater Event, and Anime Expo.
Remember 4infinity in 3 weeks too. Aksys be a doll do us a favour, announce VLR3.
Then we will have Gamescom, and although Sony won't be there we will have a ton of great stuff. There's also the Playstation event to look forward to too.

incpdo

It would be nice to get love for the vita this year on e3 but I expect that to be a fact in Tokyo game show. We know vita is underrated in western seas but in Japan is actually strong enough to get some attention. Don't expect anything. You will enjoy more the show.

Last year, the Vita reel was three games: Child of Light, Tales of Hearts R and Tales of the Borderlands.

I bought a Vita last year just because of Ys: MoC and Danganronpa 2, now I'm waiting for Both of the Trails games(I'm so excited), Corpse Party, EDF, everything Experience related, banned travelers 2, Dancing all Night, Danganronpa AE, Tokyo Xanadu... and probably more shit I'm forgetting about.

I can't

Last year, the Vita reel was three games: Child of Light, Tales of Hearts R and Tales of the Borderlands.

Yeah, what happened to this?

XSEED + Atlus is gonna gobble my money till the end of the year so any E3 annoucement will be a cream on top of the the JRPG icecream.

Unless Aksys suddenly releases ZE3, or NISA decides to release some VNs or more Experience games.

Yeah, what happened to this?

XSEED + Atlus is gonna gobble my money till the end of the year so any E3 annoucement will be a cream on top of the the JRPG icecream.

Unless Aksys suddenly releases ZE3, or NISA decides to release some VNs or more Experience games.

I was under the impression tales from the borderlands vita was cancelled but I can't actually recall why I think that...

I was under the impression tales from the borderlands vita was cancelled but I can't actually recall why I think that...

Well considering how we didn't get all the DLCs for the Borderlands vita game, sales of that might have been the deciding factor for them.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'm actually hoping that the Gran Turismo PS4 drops in either the E3 or TGS. Its been awhile since I played on a home console.

I loved the music too. Everything looks great, now to wait for it to release in Japan. Hopefully we will hear some news on our side shortly after.

Takao

Banned
It would be nice to get love for the vita this year on e3 but I expect that to be a fact in Tokyo game show. We know vita is underrated in western seas but in Japan is actually strong enough to get some attention. Don't expect anything. You will enjoy more the show.

TGS 2014 was horrible for Vita and I see little reason for that to change.

Didn't have an issue with what I played of them personally.

That doesn't mean those ports don't have issues.

I'm suspecting that Capcom might release those last 2 on US PSN for PS3/Vita owners to play. I've been waiting for them this long anyways :V

If they haven't done them now, I don't see why they'd do them later.

Well I'm triple dipping anyway so if I'll end up dropping an extra USD 12 on the last PSX classics, ain't a biggy in my eyes.

That's great for you and Capcom's wallet. Most will find that it's unfair that if they want to play the games on their preferred platform they have to pay more for worse ports made 20 years ago.

It's already known the 3DS is the more popular of the 2 handhelds, and really when was the last time Capcpom announced a Vita game?

You're right that Capcom couldn't care less about Vita, but this is a small handful of NES games being ported to a supposedly versatile engine.

Wonder if Capcpom cleared up the Megaman Poweredup licensing nonsense and can release that on US PSN already...

Capcom has said that wasn't a licensing issue but a problem with the game's actual programming.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
IT LIVES (and already seems to look exactly like IGA's vision on the prototype images!):

Mqp8yqT.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-NF6SJxps
It looks really good and faithful to the artwork, it looks 2d, not 2.5d!

I am actually surprised that they already have this running. UE4 really does wonders with development time. Just look at how close it looks to these:
]

Wasn't it stated by Epic that Unreal Engine 4 is much easier to work with? If those clams are true, then development should be much easier for developers then :). I am very impressed with that demo; looks really polished and mirrors the concept are very well.

This must be why games like KH3 are moving to UE4; because it is very easy to work with. If the Vita version runs on UE4....that would really be something!
Honestly i dn't think they started from 0, and in any case they had lots of time to do this since the start of the campaign, expert programmer and artists can do wonders in a short time.

Yeah it looks awesoe... but i'm still pissed for the lack of attack animations.

maouvin

Grand Knight History sort of spiritual successor Grand Kingdom announced for ps4 and vita
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/grand-kn...ounces-tactical-rpg-grand-kingdom-ps4-ps-vita

Online multiplayer is supported (it’s actually listed as an “online RPG,” but also supports offline) against players belonging to any of the four major powers. There is also a system to expand your territory through repeated invasion and defense.

[...]

Our source notes that although the game is similar to Grand Knights History, there is no direct relation, story and system-wise.

So the only thing in common would be the faction thing?
Will keep an eye on it since it was an interesting concept, but I'd be lying if I said that the Vanillaware art, which isn't on this one, didn't take part at my enjoying of GKH.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
So the only thing in common would be the faction thing?
Will keep an eye on it since it was an interesting concept, but I'd be lying if I said that the Vanillaware art, which isn't on this one, didn't take part at my enjoying of GKH.

From that little scan the it looks similar to gkh, from the title to the artstyle to the genre developers are blatantly trying to advertise this as gkh spiritual successor.

Grand Knight History sort of spiritual successor Grand Kingdom announced for ps4 and vita
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/grand-kn...ounces-tactical-rpg-grand-kingdom-ps4-ps-vita
You are opening some old wounds of mine. Here's hoping this one makes it over one day, looks great.

Also, more great news from Siliconera here, about Hollow Fragment:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...gment-will-let-you-make-a-female-protagonist/
Additionally, he previously talked about if Hollow Fragment sells more than 200,000 copies, they would make a sequel, but Futami said that there are still no details on that front to share. However, he did confirm that they will make a sequel to Hollow Fragment, and asked for fans to wait just a little longer for more details.

FF Type-0 will get a patch to fix the camera and blur today and FFXV Duscae gets an update as well. Awesome that SE listened.

FF Type-0 will get a patch to fix the camera and blur today and FFXV Duscae gets an update as well. Awesome that SE listened.

Too bad, it's a bit too late now for me. I sold Type-0 a while back precisely because of how nauseating the whole camera effect thing was. And the Duscae update, is it rolling out via a patch? I thought it was just to be shown through videos to the public

Too bad, it's a bit too late now for me. I sold Type-0 a while back precisely because of how nauseating the whole camera effect thing was. And the Duscae update, is it rolling out via a patch? I thought it was just to be shown through videos to the public

Oh no, the whole Duscae 2.0 stuff will be up via patch ~2-3 hours from now. Sounds like they made some significant changes. I didn't mind the blur too much, but the camera control was atrocious. Only got 2 hours in before I dropped it for something else, but I'll definitely go back to it now.

Oh no, the whole Duscae 2.0 stuff will be up via patch ~2 hours from now. Sounds like they made some significant changes.

Excellent, looking forward to seeing it all run. The tech demo showed a lot of great stuff but actually being able to play and get a feel for the changes is a great way to go about it. Good job S-E, maybe you can redeem yourselves by the time the game launches.

Ponn

Banned
Was their a flash sale last year during E3? I'm getting some PSN cards for Batman and wondering if I should hold onto extra for a possible good flash sale.

Tizoc

Oh no, the whole Duscae 2.0 stuff will be up via patch ~2-3 hours from now. Sounds like they made some significant changes. I didn't mind the blur too much, but the camera control was atrocious. Only got 2 hours in before I dropped it for something else, but I'll definitely go back to it now.

Awesome!
I got my new HDTV all set up and my brother will be here next week to try it out too =D

Now to get Last of us, Type-0 and Driveclub installed and updated.

Gonna confirm with my brother one last time if he wants FIFA 15 or PES 2015 and then trade that last one off if need be.

SerTapTap

I guess I don't have to worry about selling my CE/disk anymore. I hope it's properly fixed though and not way too minor to matter.

I got a 2DS with Mario 3D Land and immediately regretted it. I didn't think I'd use 3D, but there are sections of that game that simply don't work in 2D and you have to guess your way through them. Even if you plan to play in 2D 95% of the time, I still think the 3D is a must have on this platform for situations like that.

If you want it on the cheap you can probably find a slightly used / barely new OG 3DS, I'd recommend that instead. It's what I wish I'd bought instead of the 2DS. I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 3DS XL this month.

It really, really isn't. 3D Land is the most blatantly absurd game when it comes to "needing" 3D (3D spelled out in coins...really? Really.) but if you just watch your shadow and realize a room is trying to pull some stupid 3D bullshit on you it's not too bad. There's a few puzzle rooms where you'll have to do some guesswork is all. And I've never seen another game try and use it in that manner. 2D depth cues are always enough in other games. I've played less than 5% of my 3DS time in 3D, even on the new 3DS I usually ignore it because Super Stable 3D™ is more like "Yeah that kinda works I guess if you don't move Stable 3D"

IT LIVES (and already seems to look exactly like IGA's vision on the prototype images!):

Hard to tell exact details from low res offscreen footage, but yeah that already looks better than "awful" which is more or less what I expected the moment I read 2.5D. I think it's going to be important for these kickstarters to be able to actually show something of at least this quality when announcing they're not going to be doing 2D art but showing good quality concept art.

Still probably going to back off on the KS, only things I would want are the physical stuff and it's all reaaaal pricy. I'm assuming there will be a "non-backer edition" $30 physical version for PS4 and I'll jump on that.

maxcriden

Hey, got my PS3 and exploring Classics. Lots of good stuff there. Is the PS1/2 port quality decent?

Any hidden gems in the service or a good list of recommendations to check out, somewhere (or from you all)? Only interested in stuff I can't get on Nintendo's VC service.

Thanks!

SerTapTap

Hey, got my PS3 and exploring Classics. Lots of good stuff there. Is the PS1/2 port quality decent?

Any hidden gems in the service or a good list of recommendations to check out, somewhere (or from you all)? Only interested in stuff I can't get on Nintendo's VC service.

Thanks!

There's minor input lag but it doesn't matter too much for most titles. Definitely play Fatal Frame 1 &2 (I bought 3 but haven't gotten around to it) as far as PS2 classics on the store. There's a wide variety of great PS1 games. Tron Bonne should be a first stop though you might want to find a copy of Legends (and cry because you'll never own a copy of legends 2) first if you haven't.

SerTapTap

I know hetero dating sim/VNs seem to do well in the west/on steam lately, but have many Otome games come over? Is Amnesia from IFI one of the first "big" one to come over? Interested in the potential of more niche stuff coming over even if it isn't my niche.

I know hetero dating sim/VNs seem to do well in the west/on steam lately, but have many Otome games come over? Is Amnesia from IFI one of the first "big" one to come over? Interested in the potential of more niche stuff coming over even if it isn't my niche.

Everyone just announced their Otome localizations at once for some reason. Norn9 (?), Code:Realize and Amnesia I think. Sweet Fuse is on PSN and there are a few on Steam, but I don't know anything about them or their success. Seems to be a bit of excitement for the titles though, so I hope they do well.

It's all the Idea Factory stuff that's coming over at the moment. Stuff like Bakumatsu Rock (Marvelous) and anything by nicher publishers doesn't seem to come out.

This is Spike Chunsoft, so who knows. But if we can't even get mainline Kenka Bancho games, I doubt it.

maxcriden

There's minor input lag but it doesn't matter too much for most titles. Definitely play Fatal Frame 1 &2 (I bought 3 but haven't gotten around to it) as far as PS2 classics on the store. There's a wide variety of great PS1 games. Tron Bonne should be a first stop though you might want to find a copy of Legends (and cry because you'll never own a copy of legends 2) first if you haven't.

Fatal Frame is probably a bit creepy for me, lol. Thank you for the recommendations, though.

Fatal Frame is probably a bit creepy for me, lol. Thank you for the recommendations, though.

Fatal Frame is the scariest game I have every played, so you definitely should avoid it if that's not your thing.

EDIT: Bloodstained looks good so far. Very Castlevania. Still, I'll get a copy when it's out. A lot can happen in 2 years (to me or the game)

Cha

So, E3 is a week away already. I wonder if we'd get an official PSVita 64GB memory card announcement for the west this year at E3? Here's to hoping for a massive price cut for all memory cards too. I do feel like there are a few localization announcements incoming, but not even gonna bother asking for new Vita games. That will come at TGS.

Mqp8yqT.gif

Cool. Glad that they're looking at changing the animation as the walk looks a bit "stocky" right now. Hope that the characters on the Vita version aren't too tiny. Too early to say much, but a good start.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Cool. Glad that they're looking at changing the animation as the walk looks a bit "stocky" right now. Hope that the characters on the Vita version aren't too tiny. Too early to say much, but a good start.

These games were on GBA and were great. So it should be fine.

SerTapTap

Haha, yeah, *definitely* not for me, then. Thank you.

Heh, they're classics but if you're squeamish yeah they're not for you. Not sure what other PS2 classics there are, I haven't dove in too deep. There's Gradius V, and while there'll be a bit of input lag, it's by far the cheapest way you'll get to actually play the game.

Top Bottom