• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Limited edition ps4 for mgs:tpp is coming to europe(together with a standard bundle)!
MGS5-PS4-Bundle-EU-Ann.jpg

new details and videos for deception4 nightmare princess
http://gematsu.com/2015/06/deception-iv-the-nightmare-princess-details-new-stages-deception-studio

Hikami

Also, more great news from Siliconera here, about Hollow Fragment:
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/0...gment-will-let-you-make-a-female-protagonist/

Futami said that instead of Ad-hoc, there will be a new online mode
welp, they're actually getting me to buy it again.
An online mode is exactly what I was asking for

Interesting bit about being able to create a female character.. wonder if the characters will still call you Kirito in this one even when you chose a different name.

Edit; Gematsu has the same thing but with different information.. "And now not only can you edit Kirito, but you can also edit the female characters.” here instead of creating a female protagonist though. (Which I'm guessing means being able to edit Asuna, Lisbeth, etc.)
Huh, so which is it?

Takao

Banned
... whyyyyy. Would've really loved an original KB title (or even a port of the 3DS game) which would at least be somewhat import-friendly.

Just be patient.

Ugh those character designs are shit.
Look at this-
kenka-site.jpg

THIS is what Banchous should look like, not your average magazine male model, FFS Japan...

Otome games are aimed at women. Feminine men are a big thing in Asia.

Besides, none of those characters have pompadours. They're inferior compared to previous MCs.

Prelude.

So, did anyone here ever use Shipito to ship something to Europe? If I use it to buy the Ar Nosurge LE ($55) how much would I end up paying in total?

autoduelist

We're getting so many great announcements for the Vita. Doesn't bother me if they don't spend much time on it at E3... they're trying to sell PS4s, and I don't blame them.

Just be patient.

So, are you suggesting a port of KB6 or a new game here?

So, did anyone here ever use Shipito to ship something to Europe? If I use it to buy the Ar Nosurge LE ($55) how much would I end up paying in total?

I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing to get the game in Europe. I'm really beginning to wonder if it's worth paying so much for a physical copy though.

Tizoc

Square Enix sale on US PSN this week it seems
Don't expect the usual JP stuff though :V

EDIT: Legacy of Kain and TR Ann. PSP on sale though, def. get those as they transf. from PS3 to Vita.

RK128

Square Enix sale on US PSN this week it seems
Don't expect the usual JP stuff though :V

EDIT: Legacy of Kain and TR Ann. PSP on sale though, def. get those as they transf. from PS3 to Vita.

Going to wait to the sale goes live for everything, then I will pick up Legacy of Kain and Darksiders II :D. Wanted to get the latter after enjoying my time with it from PS Now but if the sale price is under 10 bucks (around the 11-12$ price of a used copy of the game), I will gladly pick that up :).

Agree with you on TR Ann. though, as it is a great action/adventure game that looks and plays great on the Vita. CD did a great job porting the game over to the PSP, as it still looks great, runs really well and controls are very solid. Highly recommend that :).

Heard great things about Legacy of Kain, so I look forward to trying that out latter.

Tizoc

Heard great things about Legacy of Kain, so I look forward to trying that out latter.

Damn son, how have you not played LoK and at least gotten lost in it 1 hour from playnig it :V

Play it, beat it, then we'll let you know about its development history.

RK128

Damn son, how have you not played LoK and at least gotten lost in it 1 hour from playnig it :V

Play it, beat it, then we'll let you know about its development history.

Like a I said a few times here, I didn't grow up with the PS1 :l. So, the Vita is a way to catch up on all that I missed (and I missed a lot X(). This is yet another game to get in 'experiencing' some of the PS1 greatness :D.

And...I heard about this games development history. The game is fantastic from what I heard but so much was cut/unfinished/ect in the final product, leading to a great game that mirrors a lot of 3D Zelda but at the same time, you feel bad for what was cut from the final product.

Either way, looking forward to playing this and Darksiders II tonight :D.

joe2187

Banned
I got 90% weapon and upgrade nodes and 94% map completion in Axiom verge.

I promised myself I would hold off for the Vita version, but I picked up the controller yesterday and didnt put it down until I found all the abilities and beat the final boss.

I should stop playing and platinum it when the Vita version drops.....but....I have to .....find all the things....

RK128

Heads up for anyone interested; Darksiders II is 10 bucks on PSN right now and if you also want the first game, pick up the bundle (which is 20 bucks right now), as it includes the first game alongside all the DLC for Darksiders II :D.

Loved the original Darksiders and it feels like the perfect 'dark' Zelda game for anyone interested :). If you don't want to get both games, you could just get the original game for 5 bucks (which is the stronger, focused game of the two).

The second game mixes in Diablo alongside its Zelda and God of War roots, with the world being open-ended and filled with gear to find. This leads to the story suffering, as it is very bland and 'meh', but for gameplay and design, it makes up for that in spades I find :). In a way, Darksiders II is the Zelda 1 to Darksiders I's OoT/MM roots; more open and filled with things to find but doesn't have a strong focus on story.

Tizoc

Darksiders 1>2
2 is still good but get it on Steam in the upcoming sale, or from gog or wherever.
60 FPS goodness+mods yo.

Also I expect to see Last Guardian in this E3.
If not next year's E3~

RK128

Darksiders 1>2
2 is still good but get it on Steam in the upcoming sale, or from gog or wherever.
60 FPS goodness+mods yo.

Also I expect to see Last Guardian in this E3.
If not next year's E3~

Don't have a powerful computer though :l. Still, I loved what I played of Darksiders II on PS Now, so it feel nice to own the game now :).

While I am not excited about Last Guardian (mainly due to its 'ghostly' status in the gaming world, but I would be happy if it is finally announced on PS4 this year :).

Takao

Banned
So, are you suggesting a port of KB6 or a new game here?

Both, I guess. I fully expect them to port the 3DS game to Vita since it's the lowest selling mainline entry. If that and this otome game go well, I wouldn't be surprised to see KBs designed for Vita.

Hasn't this thing been playable on a Vita with CFW for like 2 years?

Dunno, maybe. Probably not entirely relevant to SCEA's stuff, though. Their UMD rips are often different than what the homebrew community does.

omg_mjd

Picked up the PSone Tomb Raider games. Good stuff, enjoying TR 1 so far. The controls feel better than Assassin's Creed, if that's a fair comparison to make. Too bad I don't have a PS3 so I can't get the other games.

Also, I've been wanting to play Mega Man 2. Should I go ahead and get the PSone port from PSN (I know it's in Japanese), or is the 3DS VC version somehow better?

RK128

Picked up the PSone Tomb Raider games. Good stuff, enjoying TR 1 so far. The controls feel better than Assassin's Creed, if that's a fair comparison to make. Too bad I don't have a PS3 so I can't get the other games.

Also, I've been wanting to play Mega Man 2. Should I go ahead and get the PSone port from PSN (I know it's in Japanese), or is the 3DS VC version somehow better?

Got the first Tomb Raider myself and I look forward to checking that out. Interesting that you say that TR1 controls better then AC1, as the former has more streamlined controls while the latter has more complicated controls (that got fixed in latter games in the series).

Regarding MM2, I recommend the 3DS version honestly; while the D-Pad on the Vita feels better to play games with, the PS1 version has issues (I think? Not sure honestly :l) and you have more options with the 3DS version (suspend/resume feature for example). Its cheaper by a dollar or two as well.

Edit: Been playing more of Legacy of Kain: Soul Raver and man is it impressive O_O. The game looks fantastic, as the models are detailed and the world seems very big, notably so with the dark world/light world mechanic they have going on where the level design changes depending on which 'world' you are in (and the combat system changes with this too; dark world's combat is simple but light worlds combat has you playing around with the environment). The music is good so far and I like the VA for the characters. Overall great game and I'm looking forward to playing more of this on Vita :D. For those interested in getting this, you should map the L2/R2 buttons to the right stick and D-Pad to the Left Stick; leads to the game playing better (as the game has its camera mapped to the L2/R2 buttons like many other PS1 games).

RK128

Guys:

Skullgirls 2nd encore pre-orders are live

Apparently the Vita version will be coming a bit later since it needs optimization, but if you pre order now, not only do you get a PS+ discount (from $24.99 to $19.99, that's 20% off), you also get access to both versions of the game plus a sweet looking PS4 theme. If you are remotely interested in this, I'd say pre-order this now.

That's cool they are having cross-buy for this version; makes that 19.99 price a complete steal if you are interested in the game :).

Still have the PS3 version to play, so I will wait to get it latter on. That 24.99 price is a great deal considering the cross-buy anyway and I would want to play the Vita version first anyway (as I don't own a PS4 yet).

Chuy

More than okay, it's the best spot to jump after Trails in the Sky FC.
Beautiful. Probably preorder it soon but if not I'll try to get it soon after launch. Fall is going to decimate the little funds I have. :'(

I just traded an NES with 3 cheap games for this

I think I came out on top
Nice. I know that feeling too and it's great. Recently went to the pawn shop and found the white ps4 gold edition headsets for $10 basically new.

Beautiful. Probably preorder it soon but if not I'll try to get it soon after launch. Fall is going to decimate the little funds I have. :'(

Nice. I know that feeling too and it's great. Recently went to the pawn shop and found the white ps4 gold edition headsets for $10 basically new.

White is such a beautiful colour/shade/whatever for electronics.

incpdo

Thread moves fast enough now.
So gathering some of the news regarding new games on the vita I'm seeing that we cannot complain, I mean:

Upcoming games

New games announced:

Super meatboy coming to vita!

Skullgirls 2nd encore.

Bloodstained

The legends of heroes: trails of cold steel

Superbeat xonic only on vita( this is big for me) will come out as a retail release on western seas which is odd and awesome.

Kenka bancho otome.

Grand kingdom a rpg from the director of grand knights history

Hatoful boyfriend 2

News or Updates regarding games announced some time ago:

Neptunia rebirth 3
DT 2 banned game or next to be banned
Mighty n9
Senran kagura estival versus
Ray giant
Tokyo xanadu
Deception :nightmare princess
Persona 4 dancing game