• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

The vita has the A / AA games I ain't complainin' for the lack of AAA games. I'm glad it found its niche so as a vita owner, I'll keep opening the wallet for it as a support.

Top of the page: Play your games! Wait for the E3 annoucements / themed sales before buying something!

Ventara

Thread moves fast enough now.
So gathering some of the news regarding new games on the vita I'm seeing that we cannot complain, I mean:

Upcoming games

New games announced:

Super meatboy coming to vita!

Skullgirls 2nd encore.

Bloodstained

The legends of heroes: trails of cold steel

Superbeat xonic only on vita( this is big for me) will come out as a retail release on western seas which is odd and awesome.

Kenka bancho otome.

Grand kingdom a rpg from the director of grand knights history

Hatoful boyfriend 2

News or Updates regarding games announced some time ago:

Neptunia rebirth 3
DT 2 banned game or next to be banned
Mighty n9
Senran kagura estival versus
Ray giant
Tokyo xanadu
Deception :nightmare princess
Persona 4 dancing game

Did not know Superbeat Xonic was getting a physical release. Will definitely buy. Maybe even 2 copies. I really want to support the guys behind DJMax Technika Tune.

Oh, and the first Hatoful Boyfriend is coming this summer.

Guys:

Skullgirls 2nd encore pre-orders are live

Apparently the Vita version will be coming a bit later since it needs optimization, but if you pre order now, not only do you get a PS+ discount (from $24.99 to $19.99, that's 20% off), you also get access to both versions of the game plus a sweet looking PS4 theme. If you are remotely interested in this, I'd say pre-order this now.

EDIT:

Video of the theme running

That's a nice theme and a good deal. I'll probably end up getting this. I've been wanting to try the series for a while now, and this is clearly the best time to jump in.

That's a nice theme and a good deal. I'll probably end up getting this. I've been wanting to try the series for a while now, and this is clearly the best time to jump in.

Cross-play with PS4, PS3 and PSV + PS4/PSV cross-buy with a 20% off discount is a huge deal too. No matter where you are, you can play with everyone.

JJP12

When you search for Trails of Cold Steel on Amazon lol
3ehRRCr.png

Any of you who also own a PS4 and could assist:

Sivnc3Y.jpg

My PS4 started showing the above. I turned it off, and now it won't do anything. I tried unplugging and restarting. I tried booting into safe mode. Nothing works. It turns "on" but nothing shows on the TV. Dunno what to do now.

VLiberty

I wish those "particular" japanese games weren't released at all on Vita. I'm referring to the ones that got banned here on gaf.

I'm starting to get tired of those "vita is for pedophiles/people who like pedophile simulators/only has moe games" posts, like the ones in the 3ds lifecycle thread , despite those games are just a handful.

I wish those "particular" japanese games weren't released at all on Vita. I'm referring to the ones that got banned here on gaf.

I'm starting to get tired of those "vita is for pedophiles/people who like pedophile simulators/only has moe games" posts, like the ones in the 3ds lifecycle thread , despite those games are just a handful.

I hate this line of thought. Why would you ever wish that a game doesn't exist? It's easy enough to ignore the games or comments. PC has games that are 100x times worse and no one calles PC gamers anything. People are just idiots.

Vylash

why would you care about what ignorant internet nerds think?

I can't wait for one of those banned games, so noooo thanks.

Just ignore the haters, they are ignorant about the system and you shouldn't worry about it.

Danneee

Might as well post this here too:
Söldner-X2 doesn't seem to be available for download any more on the EU store. Might be a bug as the expansion is buyable but not the base game or the complete pack.
Can't find them when searching the store either.
Bummer as I was hyped about playing this on my new Vita.

Might as well post this here too:
Söldner-X2 doesn't seem to be available for download any more on the EU store. Might be a bug as the expansion is buyable but not the base game or the complete pack.
Can't find them when searching the store either.
Bummer as I was hyped about playing this on my new Vita.

It has been like this for a while and eastasiasoft is aware of it. It's just Sony being Sony.

quabba

Well I decided to try playing some ps plus games while waiting for steins gate. I tried kick and fennick and then monster bag but decided they weren't my time (or I wasn't enjoying them much) and I realised I stopped playing p3p after 20hours so I've gone back to that... Now to re,ember what I going on plot wise.
I'm at a trip to the beach

There's a few decent indie discounts on EU PSN

Hotline Miami 2 and Titan Souls are both 25% off
Aqua Kitty is 40% off (for PS+)
Batsion (PS4) 50% off (not sure if future cross-buy with Vita) EDIT: Looks like it's supposed to be.

EDIT: Lumines Vita is 4,99€. HOT

Poor form. I don't have any interest in them myself, but wishing the games don't exist is extreme.

zychi

Banned
I put it in the B/S/T with no bites.

Anyone want to buy a $20 PSN card for $19 paypal? I forgot I ordered it from Best Buy and had already bought what I wanted off PSN

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

I'm sorry to say this, i usually don't generalize and i'm not this harsh against someone, but after all these years i'm not afraid to say that imo many(not everyone obviously, but many) 3ds fans(and maybe nintendo consoles fans in general) are a bunch of insecure hypocrites.

I remember at the time of the psp that for ds owners monster hunter was shit and psp was bad because "home console" games shouldn't have been on a handheld, now monster hunter, re:r and others are perfect for handhelds and best games ever.

Or what about when 3ds owners despised vita for ports and remakes? They didn't even count, now that the 3ds are getting those not only they count but the ones on the 3ds are the best ever.

Or what about when they used to think that sales were a sign of quality, but now that the wiiu doesn't sell, quality is not related to sales?

Or what about when someone tries to say that a nintendo game is bad? Look at the thread about the kotaku impression on xenoblade chronicles, it's all a "kotaku is shit" and similar.

That kind of nintendo fan would say anything to despise the concurrent and every one who is seen as a danger for the "mommy"(as nintendo was used to be called in another forum).

That said i don't want lewd games too.

Tizoc

I'm sorry to say this, i usually don't generalize and i'm not this harsh against someone, but after all these years i'm not afraid to say that imo many(not everyone obviously, but many) 3ds fans(and maybe nintendo consoles fans in general) are a bunch of insecure hypocrites.

I remember at the time of the psp that for ds owners monster hunter was shit and psp was bad because "home console" games shouldn't have been on a handheld, now monster hunter, re:r and others are perfect for handhelds and best games ever.

Or what about when 3ds owners despised vita for ports and remakes? They didn't even count, now that the 3ds are getting those not only they count but the ones on the 3ds are the best ever.

Or what about when they used to think that sales were a sign of quality, but now that the wiiu doesn't sell, quality is not related to sales?

Or what about when someone tries to say that a nintendo game is bad? Look at the thread about the kotaku impression on xenoblade chronicles, it's all a "kotaku is shit" and similar.

That kind of nintendo fan would say anything to despise the concurrent and every one who is seen as a danger for the "mommy"(as nintendo was used to be called in another forum).

It's like I said but everyone ignores it cuz I'm a crazy person mang:
There's a Nintendo Bias (for one thing)
Hell these 'banned' and overdone fanservice games can release on consoles like PS4 and no one would complain.

I just want Oneechanbara to outsell Bayo 2 just to see the outcry and meltdown.

Valkyria

Banned
Do you guys believe that superbeat Xonic would be available at EU? I would like to support the localization, but now been a retail release I might import it day 1 from Asia.

RK128

Honestly, is sad how right you are :(. What the Vita initially tried to accomplish is what the 3DS has been doing for a while; bringing home console Nintendo tittles to the portable world, shown time and time again (KI: Uprising, LM: Dark Moon, Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and more show this).

Then that doesn't even come into the discussion of remakes and ports (DKCR3D, LoZ:OoT3D, LoZ:MM3D, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D) and the backlash at negative scores on Nintendo games (which....I am guilty of myself a few years back; was very upset at GameSpots Twilight Princess review score of 8.8 when I though it should of been a 9....despite the fact Twilight Princess isn't the best game in the series (though it still is a great one :)).

Nintendo is an interesting topic to discuss, as its very complicated regarding how people react to them; some people are very loyal to them (from growing up with them), not that interested in them, or are completely indifferent to whatever they do. Oh well honestly :l.

Their might be a double standard with them regarding handhelds but I love my Vita way more then I love my 2DS :).

Sivnc3Y.jpg

My PS4 started showing the above. I turned it off, and now it won't do anything. I tried unplugging and restarting. I tried booting into safe mode. Nothing works. It turns "on" but nothing shows on the TV. Dunno what to do now.

I would try another HDMI cable and port and make sure it isn't you TV.

Zhao_Yun

Sivnc3Y.jpg

Hm.. so even in safe mode you can't do anything? :( Never encountered this problem before. I would have advised rebuilding the database but safe mode needs to work for that.

There's a few decent indie discounts on EU PSN

Hotline Miami 2 and Titan Souls are both 25% off
Aqua Kitty is 40% off (for PS+)
Batsion (PS4) 50% off (not sure if future cross-buy with Vita) EDIT: Looks like it's supposed to be.

EDIT: Lumines Vita is 4,99€. HOT

Might grab Hotline Miami 2. How is Lumines on Vita compared to the PSP title? I remember loving the PSP game.

omg_mjd

Finally got Senran Kagura. It was relatively cheap so I couldn't resist!

Got the first Tomb Raider myself and I look forward to checking that out. Interesting that you say that TR1 controls better then AC1, as the former has more streamlined controls while the latter has more complicated controls (that got fixed in latter games in the series).

The controls are more complex but they feel more precise, especially when it comes to platforming. AC (I've only played AC II and Liberation) feels "assisted".

Regarding MM2, I recommend the 3DS version honestly; while the D-Pad on the Vita feels better to play games with, the PS1 version has issues (I think? Not sure honestly :l) and you have more options with the 3DS version (suspend/resume feature for example). Its cheaper by a dollar or two as well.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably end up getting both then.

RK128

The controls are more complex but they feel more precise, especially when it comes to platforming. AC (I've only played AC II and Liberation) feels "assisted".

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably end up getting both then.

Hope you enjoy the game :D! Not the type of game I would try out, but I hear it is a great action tittle for the Vita :).

Glad to hear that TR's controls are solid, that should make the platforming feel a lot more fun and rewarding to nail. AC's controls feel like you are on auto-pilot a lot of the time and while that works well with tittles like Ubi's Prince tittles (as they 'auto' move when you are running on walls and such), it makes exploration feel less rewarding in a way. I don't know if I think that honestly, as the most fun I had with the AC series was just running around collecting crap in ACII but who knows :).

Glad I can help you with Mega Man; either way you will be playing a great tittle no matter which version you pick up.

Aaaand dem E3 leaks continue! Everyone grab an umbrella! Hide your kids, hide your wife!
Sony leaks when :p

We did get Dark Souls 3 leaked and the best news from Sony is that Ratchet and Clank PS4 is a thing :D!

Here is the trailer for tittle and it looks amazing :'); pure Pixar quality matched alongside the series trademark timeless action/platforming/shooting gameplay.

They even released a 8 minute gameplay online if you guys want to see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5KCB99ZLhY

Ratchet looks mighty incredible, slowly we are getting to a Pixar quality standard in graphics which is exciting in games that arent supposed to be realistic like Ratchet. If you had shown this to 8 year old names, which was when I played the series for the first time, and told him "This is what the future holds for you", I probably would have cried tears of joy.

Prelude.

Show them the new ps4 killer app. (NSFW)
It's a cat's tail clipping through the dog.

But yeah, you shouldn't care, it's pretty clear they have no idea on what they're talking about and they're just showing their ignorance.

Show them the new ps4
It's a cat's tail clipping through the dog.

But yeah, you shouldn't care, it's pretty clear they have no idea on they're talking about and they're just showing their ignorance.

I really wouldn't post that pic here, especially without a NSFW warning..

SerTapTap

Ratchet lookin' great

Hope you enjoy it! Looking forward to the english release of Estival. Already had an import impression post and might have a review if I can get a pre-release copy of the localization.

Sivnc3Y.jpg

I would definitely suggest rebuilding the database if you haven't. What do you mean safe mode doesn't work, it won't even show the safe mode menu or that booting into that didn't fix the issue? Do you get the beeps indicating it will boot into safe mode? Also try a different TV/HDMI cable if you can, or remoteplay to make sure it's not a cable/display/port issue. If it's actually entering safe mode you can probably have someone help you navigate blindly to rebuild DB (or failing that, reinstall OS)

Hng I need that theme. I'm not sure how much I'll play it. Want to support Lab Zero anyway. SG thought me to play fighting games but I'm still not great. Can only really play Valentine and Cerebella.

Prelude.

I really wouldn't post that pic here, especially without a NSFW warning..
You're right about the warning but I hope we're not at a level where a pic like that can't even be linked. Or at least until the game's not banned on gaf.

What the fuck is going on in that picture?
It's kind of a photo mode you unlock after you beat the game.
But I don't know too much about the game since it reeks of kusoge from a mile away and not because of that "content".

What the fuck is going on in that picture?

Natsuiro highschool as a free mode where you can pose character models in any way you want. Japanese players are.. creative
You're right about the warning but I hope we're not a level where a pic like that can't even be linked. Or at least until the game's not banned on gaf.
I personally don't mind, but it's hard to be sure what is acceptable on GAF these days

VLiberty

I know we shouldn't hope to get less games and I definitely agree, but it's really tiring to read some things...

oh well...at least I feel great after watching that R&C trailer :O

Felt a bit worse after seeing the sales section. I want:

- Sly 2
- Far Cry Blood Dragon
- POP Trilogy
- Hotline Miami 2
- Titan Souls
- Stealth inc 2
- Rock Boshers DX

and I've still got a day to decide to buy AC3L...

Top Bottom