• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
General question....

I know you can't change your PSN ID name, but is there a work around to sort of do it?

I am selling my PS3 to a co-worker and I was thinking of just giving him my PSN account as well since it has years and years of games on it since I have had the account since the start.

At the last minute, I thought if/when I buy a PS4, I would probably want my same PSN ID (Stuggernaut of course ;P).

There is no way around this is there?

Would have been a nice thing to offer...heh.

SerTapTap

Woah, the operation Abyss LE is big! Was expecting the same size as the Firefly Diary. The Neptunia box it's next to is the same size as any other Blu Ray case.

CHAvUsdWoAEc2G7.jpg

Now to start not-playing it

autoduelist

General question....

I know you can't change your PSN ID name, but is there a work around to sort of do it?

I am selling my PS3 to a co-worker and I was thinking of just giving him my PSN account as well since it has years and years of games on it since I have had the account since the start.

At the last minute, I thought if/when I buy a PS4, I would probably want my same PSN ID (Stuggernaut of course ;P).

Hmm.
Someone should confirm, but you should be able to:

1) He creates a brand new primary account. (NOTE -- I think this requires wiping your ps3, but if so, that's okay.) This way he can buy his own games on his own account and you keep your account.

2) Once that primary account is there, add your account to his PS3. Obviously, don't have your password or cc details on there.

Now he can play all the games on your account. However, he is taking up a 'slot' on your total number of consoles on the account, so if you ever hit that limit (doesn't sound like you will) you'll need to remove him (either by request or sony's website).

NOTE: Since you won't be giving him your password (don't), you'll need to install everything for him since he won't be able to log into your account - he'll just be able to play your games on his primary account. Or, if you trust him, I suppose you could give him your password then change it in a week or two after he's had time to download stuff. Though giving he's a new ps3 owner you may want to just do it for him.

You're effectively gamesharing your account, although since you don't have a ps3 the ps3 games remain single user.

When you get a ps4, just put your account on like normal. It already being on his account won't matter.

wilflare

And SMB isn't THAT simple, it's a brutal game where a frame dropped could kill you. Also Nicalis could fuck up a port of Pong if they tried.

I hate House just for ensuring there will be yet another insufferable inaccurate Vita meme now.
on SMB - you mean they don't have to try to mess up a port :(

on House/Sony - blame the company, not the poor man :(

As much as I'm enjoying Operation Abyss, I have to admit that it'll be a strong year and it might not be my GOTY.

it's a difficult game Shiz :( I'm so lost at times (most of the time)

Tizoc, stop being intentionally dense.

1) Some of those ports are busted.
2) Two of those ports are only available in Japan.
3) Buying them individually costs significantly more than this new collection.
4) 3DS having access to MM 1-6 NES hasn't prevented it from getting a Legacy Collection release.

Takao delivering the megaton on Tizoc -thumbs up-
and bleh, Vita doesn't get it?

Woah, the operation Abyss LE is big! Was expecting the same size as the Firefly Diary. The Neptunia box it's next to is the same size as any other Blu Ray case.

RIP to my shipping fees

Tizoc

Tizoc, stop being intentionally dense.

1) Some of those ports are busted.
Didn't have an issue with what I played of them personally.

2) Two of those ports are only available in Japan.
And various GAFfers have a Japanese 3DS/N3DS.
I'm suspecting that Capcom might release those last 2 on US PSN for PS3/Vita owners to play. I've been waiting for them this long anyways :V

3) Buying them individually costs significantly more than this new collection.
Well I'm triple dipping anyway so if I'll end up dropping an extra USD 12 on the last PSX classics, ain't a biggy in my eyes.

4) 3DS having access to MM 1-6 NES hasn't prevented it from getting a Legacy Collection release.

And DQ8 is releasing on the 3DS but not the Vita despite it originally being a PS2 game.
It's already known the 3DS is the more popular of the 2 handhelds, and really when was the last time Capcpom announced a Vita game?

I want this collection on the Vita as much as the next self proclaimed privileged VitaGAFfer, but I got most of those games ready for play on the go and they're getting the job done for me.

Wonder if Capcpom cleared up the Megaman Poweredup licensing nonsense and can release that on US PSN already...

AsfaeksBR

Serious question: Where do you guys store your Vita games? Like, it seems a good bunch of people in here like to buy Collector's Editions and Physical, biulding a huge collection.
Do you intend to keep'em forever?

After going almost-all physical with the PS3 and seeing those boxes that I'll probably never use again, I decided to go all-digital with the PS4 and Vita. So far so good.

Tizoc

I just shove all the vita games I ain't playing atm in a drawer :p I don't have any SEs.
I wanted to get the DR AE one but...the NISA page is just not cooprating with me =_=

Serious question: Where do you guys store your Vita games? Like, it seems a good bunch of people in here like to buy Collector's Editions and Physical, biulding a huge collection.
Do you intend to keep'em forever?

After going almost-all physical with the PS3 and seeing those boxes that I'll probably never use again, I decided to go all-digital with the PS4 and Vita. So far so good.

A bookcase works perfectly :)

quabba

I'll post this once if anyone is interested, here's the review I wrote for Operation Abyss.

50ppp TOTP: Buy Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy (Vita).

Well I guess I should play Demon Gaze before looking at this.

I need to choose a vita game to play while I'm waiting for steins gate to arrive but I have so many to choose from.

Also Shiz
there's a few mistakes in the last paragraph of your review, sentences that don't make sense.

I actually bought a Kindle to avoid this problem. I think I'm the problem in this scenario...

Haha, if you're going digital on something you simply avoid the physical space and replace it with digital space - you can still run out of room, but now there's nothing to "display".

I prefer physical for books, and will get whatever's cheap for video games - so it likely depends on your preference, and the medium and/or price of collection.

AsfaeksBR

Haha, if you're going digital on something you simply avoid the physical space and replace it with digital space - you can still run out of room, but now there's nothing to "display".

I prefer physical for books, and will get whatever's cheap for video games - so it likely depends on your preference, and the medium and/or price of collection.

If I remember right, the only service that really lacks space is the PS+ Cloud Storage and it's 1Gb.
Other services are either Unlimited Space or Steam with it's 1Gb of Storage Space for each game.

Shizuka

Well I guess I should play Demon Gaze before looking at this.

I need to choose a vita game to play while I'm waiting for steins gate to arrive but I have so many to choose from.

Also Shiz
there's a few mistakes in the last paragraph of your review, sentences that don't make sense.

I'll review the review, thanks for the mention.

If I remember right, the only service that really lacks space is the PS+ Cloud Storage and it's 1Gb.
Other services are either Unlimited Space or Steam with it's 1Gb of Storage Space for each game.

Well, yes and no. If you're going digital and like your library at your fingertips you're SOL - I've got over 100GB of Vita games, and they won't all fit on my memory card(s).

Not only that, but if you're like me and live somewhere with a data cap, you can't just redownload games willy-nilly and will have to use PC/PS3 backup to keep your games as handy as possible. Hard drives fill up too, and if you've got a ton of games (read: more than me) you could run out of space there too.

That 1GB is only good for PS+ member save storage, and is irrelevant if you back up to PC anyways as it backs up all the data for your game, including the save. I couldn't care less about the PS+ save storage tbh, and it's not a factor for me.

Shizuka

Orgarhythm got hit by the customs and I was only buying it to cover for my collection... That's another hit my wallet couldn't take this month.

Oh wow, that looks good for being this early in to development
Was having my doubts but glad I backed it now

Put $93 down, 65 for the PS4 physical and 28 for the digital PC version, that gives you access to development betas until launch. No regrets. I may even buy the Vita version when the time comes.

incpdo

Didn't have an issue with what I played of them personally.

And various GAFfers have a Japanese 3DS/N3DS.
I'm suspecting that Capcom might release those last 2 on US PSN for PS3/Vita owners to play. I've been waiting for them this long anyways :V

Well I'm triple dipping anyway so if I'll end up dropping an extra USD 12 on the last PSX classics, ain't a biggy in my eyes.

And DQ8 is releasing on the 3DS but not the Vita despite it originally being a PS2 game.
It's already known the 3DS is the more popular of the 2 handhelds, and really when was the last time Capcpom announced a Vita game?

I want this collection on the Vita as much as the next self proclaimed privileged VitaGAFfer, but I got most of those games ready for play on the go and they're getting the job done for me.

Wonder if Capcpom cleared up the Megaman Poweredup licensing nonsense and can release that on US PSN already...
I change that legacy collection for power up and legends 2 . i know it wont happen

Tizoc

I change that legacy collection for power up and legends 2 . i know it wont happen

I personally feel we'll get those games down the line.
...and who knows maybe they can add cross-buy for PS4 or announce a digital vita release months later.
Has anyone even asked the dev working on the Megaman Collection about a Vita cross-buy possibility?

autoduelist

Argh. I just discovered when I pre-ordered Operation Abyss from Amazon it was set to 'no rush' shipping. So I don't get it till the 16th. Dammit.

Massa

General question....

Your co-worker will be able to create as many users on the system as he wants, each with their own PSN account, and all accounts will be able to play your content. Just disable auto-login and remove your password, as long as your games are installed on the system he should be able to play them. If he deletes them he'll need your password to redownload them.

Ideally you should only do this if you really trust your co-worker, it's always recommended to format and deactivate your PS3 before selling it.

I'm sure it'll make it's kickstarter, which is fantastic. I doubt it'll be ported to anything, though. Wasteland has the Fallout connection, so has a lot of hype behind it. Bard's Tale doesn't have that, so needs to thrive on the people, like me, who grew up on the series [alongside stuff like Wasteland, Wizardry, Ultima, etc].

But you never know. If it's an easy port than sure, might as well.

I don't have a 3ds... I did, but sold it. I had originally bought it for Fire Emblem, Etrian, and some other stuff like that [shiren, etc]... and I'm sure I'd like to try Dark Spire.

But... I never used it. Ever. Fire Emblem got some time, but... Vita always won out, and when I did pick it up, the battery was always dead [and to be honest, it was really hard for me to go from vita to 3dsxl visually]. So I sold it. I sort of regret selling it, because I still want to play games like Etrian... but I resist buying one because I fear it'll never get played.

i debate getting a 2ds, since that's cheaper and would serve the purpose. anyone here have one? sucks that it can't play xenoblade chronicales, another game i want to try... but i'm not about to put that much money out.

I got a 2DS with Mario 3D Land and immediately regretted it. I didn't think I'd use 3D, but there are sections of that game that simply don't work in 2D and you have to guess your way through them. Even if you plan to play in 2D 95% of the time, I still think the 3D is a must have on this platform for situations like that.

If you want it on the cheap you can probably find a slightly used / barely new OG 3DS, I'd recommend that instead. It's what I wish I'd bought instead of the 2DS. I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 3DS XL this month.

RK128

IT LIVES (and already seems to look exactly like IGA's vision on the prototype images!):

Mqp8yqT.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU-NF6SJxps

Wow that looks good :D! Nice speed of movement and it looks very similar if not the same to the concept art. Great that they got a gameplay demo together this early on; ensures that they have a core vision for the project from the start :).

Will buy the PS4 and Vita versions when they come out :D.

Wow that looks good :D! Nice speed of movement and it looks very similar if not the same to the concept art. Great that they got a gameplay demo together this early on; ensures that they have a core vision for the project from the start :).

Will buy the PS4 and Vita versions when they come out :D.

I am actually surprised that they already have this running. UE4 really does wonders with development time. Just look at how close it looks to these:

bloodstained-concept-art.png

Mqp8yqT.gif

autoduelist

Y
I got a 2DS with Mario 3D Land and immediately regretted it. I didn't think I'd use 3D, but there are sections of that game that simply don't work in 2D and you have to guess your way through them. Even if you plan to play in 2D 95% of the time, I still think the 3D is a must have on this platform for situations like that.

If you want it on the cheap you can probably find a slightly used / barely new OG 3DS, I'd recommend that instead. It's what I wish I'd bought instead of the 2DS. I'm thinking of upgrading to the new 3DS XL this month.

I would never play anything like Mario 3D Land... I'm just not into Nintendo games whatsoever.

If I got one, it would be for Etrian and maybe other drpgs, rougelikes (shiren, etc), and maybe srpgs. Would a 2ds suffice for that?

To keep this on topic, amazon rep seems to think I'll get Op Abyss by friday. So... that's good, at least.

EDIT -- what's the name of that other DRPGish game getting released soonish? Not the unmentionable one. The other one, it had some sort of unique trial mechanic or something?

JJP12

Danganronpa Another Episode english preview by Siliconera. Impressions seemed good from Japan, but it's always good to see more people write good things about the game. With this, the new FF XV Tech Demo, the Bloodstained off-screen alpha footage, and Operation Abyss on its way to my place, I couldn't have asked for a better monday.

The more I read about Danganronpa, the more I want it now. I can't wait to experience all the despair outside of a school setting. I just wish it didn't release the same day as Metal Gear Solid V. I also hope I can finish the Witcher by then lol

RK128

I am actually surprised that they already have this running. UE4 really does wonders with development time. Just look at how close it looks to these:

bloodstained-concept-art.png

Mqp8yqT.gif

Wasn't it stated by Epic that Unreal Engine 4 is much easier to work with? If those clams are true, then development should be much easier for developers then :). I am very impressed with that demo; looks really polished and mirrors the concept are very well.

This must be why games like KH3 are moving to UE4; because it is very easy to work with. If the Vita version runs on UE4....that would really be something!

I would never play anything like Mario 3D Land... I'm just not into Nintendo games whatsoever.

If I got one, it would be for Etrian and maybe other drpgs, rougelikes (shiren, etc), and maybe srpgs. Would a 2ds suffice for that?

EDIT -- what's the name of that other DRPGish game getting released soonish? Not the unmentionable one. The other one, it had some sort of unique trial mechanic or something?

As a 2DS owner myself, the system works great for all kinds of games; KH3D works very well on the system and my limited time with FE: Awakening Demo showed me that stratage games work very well on the system. I'm sure other genre's work well on the 2DS, due to the thing being much more comfortable to hold compared to other 3DS models; it feels like a modern Game Boy if that makes since. Point is, the system should work with many types of games (even shooter work well, if KI: Uprising proved me anything :D). Hope this helps you somehow autoduelist. I highly recommend a 2DS, as it is the best of both worlds; access to DS and 3DS tittles alongside a large line-up of NES/Game Gear/GB/GBC tittles and E-Shop games (highly recommend Shantae and the Pirates Curse on the system; great Metroid-esc game).

A 2DS would be enough, but the N3DSXL is pretty nice.

And yes do it for Etrian.

The bigger 'fuck' will be when you realize it's not enough for all your games :V
FFFFFFFFFFF

you've done good. very good
I know, I needed one already but it still hurts.

Wasn't it stated by Epic that Unreal Engine 4 is much easier to work with? If those clams are true, then development should be much easier for developers then :). I am very impressed with that demo; looks really polished and mirrors the concept are very well.

This must be why games like KH3 are moving to UE4; because it is very easy to work with. If the Vita version runs on UE4....that would really be something!

I'm interested in seeing how they will make UE4 run on the Vita and Wii U since it isn't officially supported. Some black code magic most likely. Heck, if they manage to do it, it might help in developing new titles for both consoles
out before anyone tells me no one would want to develop for Vita or Wii U because "legacy".

RK128

I'm interested in seeing how they will make UE4 run on the Vita and Wii U since it isn't officially supported. Some black code magic most likely. Heck, if they manage to do it, it might help in developing new titles for both consoles
out before anyone tells me no one would want to develop for Vita or Wii U because "legacy".

It would be a very interesting experiment I think, as it would allow indie developers having an easier time porting their tittles to Vita (as by next year, more of them might play around with UE4, leading them to find ways in making that work with PS3 and Vita). Armpature being the one to charge in head first into UE4 on Vita is very interesting, as it would pave the way for indie developers and even some JP developers to getting more software on Vita :D.

It would be a very interesting experiment I think, as it would allow indie developers having an easier time porting their tittles to Vita (as by next year, more of them might play around with UE4, leading them to find ways in making that work with PS3 and Vita). Armpature being the one to charge in head first into UE4 on Vita is very interesting, as it would pave the way for indie developers and even some JP developers to getting more software on Vita :D.

Exactly my thoughts. And as we can see, they were able to whip up (no pun intended) and IGAvania level in such a short amount of time. It would make developing titles less complicated and not as expensive, more time efficient and still great looking. This would mean more games and ports could make their way to the handheld.

RK128

Exactly my thoughts. And as we can see, they were able to whip up (no pun intended) and IGAvania level in such a short amount of time. It would make developing titles less complicated and not as expensive, more time efficient and still great looking. This would mean more games and ports could make their way to the handheld.

Maybe we can see this in the coming week, as Sony normally gives a good 5-10 minutes of their conference dedicated to the indie games landing on PS4/PS Vita/PS3; I could easily see one or two of those games being a UE4 game coming to both systems.

Next week in general is going to be great for gamers and games, as so much is going to be coming, like the news of another Platinum game being announce has me really excited...as it could be MGR 2 :D! Loved the original game, so I can't wait to see what they can do with a full development cycle and powerful tech on the PS4 and X1 :D!

Massa

To keep this on topic, amazon rep seems to think I'll get Op Abyss by friday. So... that's good, at least.

Ah, for me it's pretty much only Nintendo games. I don't think I played a single third party release on it.

I never needed to use 3D mode with Mario 3D Land to get past any stages or segments...

I went for full completion and there were several puzzle rooms designed for 3D. I did them in 2D anyway but it was so obviously poorer that way. The game itself was clearly made with 3D in mind I thought.

Maybe we can see this in the coming week, as Sony normally gives a good 5-10 minutes of their conference dedicated to the indie games landing on PS4/PS Vita/PS3; I could easily see one or two of those games being a UE4 game coming to both systems.

Next week in general is going to be great for gamers and games, as so much is going to be coming, like the news of another Platinum game being announce has me really excited...as it could be MGR 2 :D! Loved the original game, so I can't wait to see what they can do with a full development cycle and powerful tech on the PS4 and X1 :D!

Yeah E3 is going to be a great time. The fact that this year I have no classes during the conferences makes me real happy. Can't wait to see what the wind will bring us

RK128

Yeah E3 is going to be a great time. The fact that this year I have no classes during the conferences makes me real happy. Can't wait to see what the wind will bring us

Looking through all the new announcements in just the past few days....so much as been announced:
-Uncharted Collection
-Fallout 4
-Mega Man Legacy Collection
-Super Meat Boy coming to PS Vita and PS4 through PS+ this fall
-Rumors of Soul Calibar 6
-Nintendo having a Smash Bros. Direct this Sunday
-And the hype all over Gaf about E3

So much is coming and I can't wait to see it. My big personal hope is seeing gameplay of the new Ratchet, some kind of new Sonic game on PS4/X1, and surprise Vita ports (the Shantae series, Freedom Planet, Sonic 4 Episodes, Sonic Adventure 2, ect).

I have a few things that I think will be on lock for the conference:

- Uncharted 4 Gameplay (we will see more characters that we know and love like Sully and Elena)
- More Until Dawn gameplay
- We will see the new IP Guerrilla has been working on:
guerrilla-games-new-ps4-ip-horizon_0.jpg

- PS4 and Vita will both get price drops.
- Morpheus and games that support it
- Persona 5 (I'm going knee deep on this one, they know how much value the franchise has, it is a Sony exclusive, and you better believe they will bring it up there)
- Vita won't see much action, maybe we will see Severed again, and other indie stuff and maybe a quick montage of stuff that's coming to it, either at the start or at the end of the conference

Top Bottom