• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

I was expecting that games like Net High, Valkyrie Drive and Tokyo Xanadu would be out by summer and for fall XSEED could focus on Ys 8 or Story of Seasons 2 (and now Fate/Extella). I guess that won't happen for now.

The other games I can see as expectations for this year, but it's crazy to think that we'd get Ys 8 or SoS2 this year. I mean "maybe" Xseed has been working with Marvelous to make sure it's not going to take forever for SoS2 to come over here, but it's been said time and time again that the same can't be done with Falcom releases.

It's been stated multiple times now that Falcom is not open to letting localization companies have at their games until after they release in Japan, which with how much text and possibly voiced dialogue this Ys game will surely have, there is no chance the game could be flipped in a matter of 3-4 months. I mean the PS4 version being delayed should be evidence enough that we won't see it here until next year, because Xseed has more to gain by waiting for that and releasing both at once, than they do by having 2 separate launches.

18-Volt

The other games I can see as expectations for this year, but it's crazy to think that we'd get Ys 8 or SoS2 this year. I mean "maybe" Xseed has been working with Marvelous to make sure it's not going to take forever for SoS2 to come over here, but it's been said time and time again that the same can't be done with Falcom releases.

It's been stated multiple times now that Falcom is not open to letting localization companies have at their games until after they release in Japan, which with how much text and possibly voiced dialogue this Ys game will surely have, there is no chance the game could be flipped in a matter of 3-4 months. I mean the PS4 version being delayed should be evidence enough that we won't see it here until next year, because Xseed has more to gain by waiting for that and releasing both at once, than they do by having 2 separate launches.

So, it would be 3 new releases for the rest of the year for XSEED. Compared to what they did for last 2 years, this year is pretty abysmal. Wonder if they really have passed on Luminous Arc and if they intend to continue bringing D3 Publisher games (again both possible D3 titles are for Vita: Bullet Girls 2 and Omega Labyrinth).

So, it would be 3 new releases for the rest of the year for XSEED. Compared to what they did for last 2 years, this year is pretty abysmal. Wonder if they really have passed on Luminous Arc and if they intend to continue bringing D3 Publisher games (again both possible D3 titles are for Vita: Bullet Girls 2 and Omega Labyrinth).

"3 new unnanounced releases" on top of CS2 and the 4 PC games they currently have announced (which is probably 5 if the EDF 4.1 Steam leak ends up being true). I'm sure there's others as well, but we won't know anything until Xseed starts making announcements, which will likely be soon since they don't have anything dated for their current announcements either.

I would also hope that they could work on something better than the bottom of the barrel that is Bullet Girls 2 and Omega Labyrinth. Also don't understand why anyone would continue to think that Luminous Arc has passed it's chance since it only came out in Japan last August. I mean is there some kind of cutoff point between when a game is released in Japan and when a localization announcement is made? Because if that's the case then I guess Tokyo Xanadu could probably be thrown out as well since it's almost just as old as LA.

18-Volt

"3 new unnanounced releases" on top of CS2 and the 4 PC games they currently have announced (which is probably 5 if the EDF 4.1 Steam leak ends up being true). I'm sure there's others as well, but we won't know anything until Xseed starts making announcements, which will likely be soon since they don't have anything dated for their current announcements either.

I would also hope that they could work on something better than the bottom of the barrel that is Bullet Girls 2 and Omega Labyrinth.

Yeah, there are PC releases but they don't do any localization/translation work for them. Localization of brand new games are still their main attraction.

Pending Marvelous games are:
- Luminous Arc Infinity
- Net High
- Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni
- Fate/Extella (out in july in Japan)
- Uppers (out in July in Japan)
- Story of Seasons (out in June in Japan)

I think Marvelous's summer lineup is much better than "bottom of the barrel" D3 games. I know it's hard to do, but I wish for a fall 2016 release for at least one of them. Uppers maybe, an easy to localize game. Have they done a loclization that fast before? Not that fast but Lords of Magna was launched in west just 7 months after its Japanese release. It's possible.

incpdo

Hello :D!

This is great news, Legends 2 got rated by the ESRB and its coming out on PS3, Vita and PSP in the future :D.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201860

Loved my time with Legends and Misadventures of Tron Bone, so can't wait to get this game when it lands on PSN :).

Might make a short retrospective on the Legends series leading up to Legends 2 PSN release if people are interested; been wanting to sit down with the games again :).
One of my favorites games from my chilhood. I love this one and didnt expect capcom to do something like this. Very well played capcom you know how to make me spend money for sure.

Bowl0l

If i open PSN store through PSN app or a mobile browser, the images won't load. Instead of seeing game images and prices, i see blank box. Seems to happen when there is plenty of games listed.

Any way to fix?

RK128

There's this Star Ocean 5 thread you totally should check out. :p

Man, that is thread is nuts :l. The change is quite minor but people's reactions to that.....its a bit sad :(. The Japan comments about the issue are priceless though XD!

Takao

Banned
Not sure about the facebook post, but for twitter at least it was a post saying that Civ Rev 2 is on PSN in the US, when it's not yet.

Yes it is. Both the Facebook post and the Tweet were advertising it. I found it strange given their total silence regarding Xcom, but now they've both been deleted. ಠ_ಠ

I'd be perfectly okay if 2K stealth launched Vita ports of Bully, GTA PS2, Max Payne, Bioshock, 2K Drive and an updated NHL 2K.

RK128

Yes it is. Both the Facebook post and the Tweet were advertising it. I found it strange given their total silence regarding Xcom, but now they've both been deleted. ಠ_ಠ

I'd be perfectly okay if 2K stealth launched Vita ports of Bully, GTA PS2, Max Payne, Bioshock, 2K Drive and an updated NHL 2K.

Wow, so two stealth launches back-to-back........

Really nice that both games are 20 bucks :D! Hope people have fun with this and Xcom :).

graycut

Neo Member
Hi everyone, I like to know what are the known dying symptoms of vita?

I feel like my oled vita is going to bite the dust soon, first time encountered a crash after using it for 2 years earlier this month during gameplay, then it kind of happen more frequently until I did the rebuild database and restore system in safe mode.

Now the crashes happen at random times, sometimes the game would straight up freeze leading to the blinking blue light, it's getting kind of annoying.

Clive

I feel like my oled vita is going to bite the dust soon, first time encountered a crash after using it for 2 years earlier this month during gameplay, then it kind of happen more frequently until I did the rebuild database and restore system in safe mode.

Now the crashes happen at random times, sometimes the game would straight up freeze leading to the blinking blue light, it's getting kind of annoying.

Are you playing any particular game? There are games more and less prone to freezing, the Borderlands 2 port in particular being known to have such issues. You could try backing up the memory card and formatting it after.

I haven't heard of Vita's dying like this.

incpdo

Maybe what is dying is your memory card i suggest you to restore your database.
Edit: oh you did! Yeah maybe instead of restoring you will need to backup and format your memory. Im pretty sure is the memory card and not the consolé what is dying

Thoughts on Chronicles of Teddy: Harmony of Exidus?

Since nobody replied to you yet:
I got this one yesterday and fell in love with it just after a few minutes in. I even created the first PS4 community for it! :D
My appreciation for this game is unprecedented, especially if you consider my slight distaste for "metroidvania" indie games. Usually, they just fail to recreate what made games like Metroid or Zelda 2(!) so great, thus playing more like a tribute than a game in true spirit of its inspirations. Not Harmony of Exidus. This one makes everything right, starting with sprite design, over level design up to the soundtrack (sometimes, less is more. This game embraces silence and it works perfectly!)

Btw.: I mentioned Zelda 2 (yes, the NES game) for a reason, because HoE takes a lot of queues from it.

Damn, I'd love to make an OT for this game but I'm drowning in work 'til at least Saturday.

Since nobody replied to you yet:
I got this one yesterday and fell in love with it just after a few minutes in. I even created the first PS4 community for it! :D
My appreciation for this game is unprecedented, especially if you consider my slight distaste for "metroidvania" indie games. Usually, they just fail to recreate what made games like Metroid or Zelda 2(!) so great, thus playing more like a tribute than a game in true spirit of its inspirations. Not Harmony of Exidus. This one makes everything right, starting with sprite design, over level design up to the soundtrack (sometimes, less is more. This game embraces silence and it works perfectly!)

Btw.: I mentioned Zelda 2 (yes, the NES game) for a reason, because HoE takes a lot of queues from it.

Damn, I'd love to make an OT for this game but I'm drowning in work 'til at least Saturday.

The game was originally known as "Finding Teddy 2" on PC and you can find tons of good impressions everywhere. I will definitely keep an eye on this.

I had an order to make on Amazon .jp anyway so I went and ordered the Valkerie Drive game. Impressions sound good

p9sjh1vbfdh7yz2dgm9v.gif

It's good.

autoduelist

So I've been playing Trillion for a bit... I can't give a full review by any means yet, but I can give impressions.

1) Story / writing seem good. It's got a sort of Disgaea feel to it, but a bit more serious. It's underworld based, with lots of demons talking to each other... not as pure 'goofy' as Disgaea but it certainly tries to have a sense of humor. I don't know the characters well enough to really say much, other than I really dig Cerebus.

2) The intro is looooooong. I'd know more about the game, but the intro [story, tutorials, etc] take quite awhile. Normally this is a huge turnoff for me but I'm engaged, so I guess that's better than shutting it off.

3) Concept is cool. Massive monster [Trillion] outside the gates of hell, and you need to beat him. You do this by 'training' your characters [there are 3 demons you can choose from at first, but I think several more unlock later]. I'm fairly certain I'll have the opportunity to switch between them a lot. Training seems to be twofold -- a non-interactive set of 'what stats do you want to try to improve' minigame thing, and then dungeoneering. It seems well designed, so far.

4) Combat seems to be single character, with something like Disgaea style combat. (ie, you might have an attack that hits two spaces ahead of you, and leaves you standing on the third space, etc)

Due to the excessive intro, I've only done a bit of actual gaming. But i'm glad i picked it up so far, for sure.

SerTapTap

Oh right, Trillion. I made a first impressions review here. I'm enjoying it, but it's certainly going to be divisive, mostly because of the VN/Raising Sim elements.

XSEED could announce the game for west any second now. I'm hoping for a summer release.

pls no

Really though, I doubt they'd be THAT up to date if they're a year behind on Senran Kagura which has already proven successful, and had a PS4 release to boot. I'm 99% sure it'll be localized but I doubt it's this year, and winter at the soonest IMO.

18-Volt

pls no

Really though, I doubt they'd be THAT up to date if they're a year behind on Senran Kagura which has already proven successful, and had a PS4 release to boot. I'm 99% sure it'll be localized but I doubt it's this year, and winter at the soonest IMO.

This year looks quite barren for XSEED, they need to fill it up. There are no XSEED releases between march's Estival Versus and (presumably) october's Cold Steel 2. Either Net High or Valkyrie Drive will fill up that spot.

Shizuka

This year looks quite barren for XSEED, they need to fill it up. There are no XSEED releases between march's Estival Versus and (presumably) october's Cold Steel 2. Either Net High or Valkyrie Drive will fill up that spot.

I'm betting they'll fill that spot with PC games.

Pata

Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics has been rated by PEGI for PS4 & Vita. It was rated by the Australian Classification Board a few weeks ago too, as noted by Gematsu.

Note: Just in case anyone asks again, the release date given there is not the release date of the title, it is of the rating itself

When did the store update with the new game pages we saw leak a few weeks ago?

Not impressed with auto-play trailers to be honest.

On another note, has anyone here purchased Unepic? If so, how is it on the Vita?

I actually had a very similar problem recently. What fixed it for me was backing up all my stuff and the do a complete clean format and factory reset. Haven't had an issue since.

RK128

Just a heads up for those following my Ratchet Retrospective I started over last weekend; I'm putting it on hold for a few days/weeks.

Between recent rumors and having interest with working alongside other Gaffers on them, feel its best to distance myself from Sony IP for a while. This rumor has me feeling very bitter and I don't want that bleeding into a Retrospective of a series I really love.

My other Sony platforming retrospectives are put on ice though for the year. Crash/Spyro, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper Retrospectives are not happening in 2016 by me. Not giving Sony any more attention then they deserve after recent rumors and I can shift gears into focusing on other IP. Will cover them in 2017, but not now.

Mega Man, Kirby and Super Mario will be the ones coming after I finish the Ratchet & Clank Retrospective and I hope that you all enjoy them :).

Saphirax

Just a heads up for those following my Ratchet Retrospective I started over last weekend; I'm putting it on hold for a few days/weeks.

Between recent rumors and having interest with working alongside other Gaffers on them, feel its best to distance myself from Sony IP for a while. This rumor has me feeling very bitter and I don't want that bleeding into a Retrospective of a series I really love.

My other Sony platforming retrospectives are put on ice though for the year. Crash/Spyro, Jak & Daxter, and Sly Cooper Retrospectives are not happening in 2016 by me. Not giving Sony any more attention then they deserve after recent rumors and I can shift gears into focusing on other IP. Will cover them in 2017, but not now.

Mega Man, Kirby and Super Mario will be the ones coming after I finish the Ratchet & Clank Retrospective and I hope that you all enjoy them :).

I don't understand your reasoning. I was under the impression you didn't have a PS4 yet. I'm not entirely sure why you'd be bitter about a new one.

Heck, I have a PS4 and while I'm not entirely fond of the idea, I'm not upset. Unless they start making exclusives for the new PS4 consoles. Then you can rage :p.

Am I alone getting hyped for Shadow of the Beast?

On another topic, if you have been complaining about how the vita don't have any "bigger" western games you shold buy Xcom and Civ rev 2 :)

Can't wait to download Trillion tomorrow (hopefully tonight at midnight)!

Am I alone getting hyped for Shadow of the Beast?

On another topic, if you have been complaining about how the vita don't have any "bigger" western games you shold buy Xcom and Civ rev 2 :)

80/90s's computer system remakes don't have a good track record. I didn't like Flashback, Superfrog, Karateka, Prince of Persia Classic and Shadow Warrior.

I got XCOM and getting a new memory card to put it on. I should get Civilization but not sure why 2K is dumping two very time consuming releases right after each other. Probably get it when it goes on sale.

graycut

Neo Member
Are you playing any particular game? There are games more and less prone to freezing, the Borderlands 2 port in particular being known to have such issues. You could try backing up the memory card and formatting it after.

I haven't heard of Vita's dying like this.

I was playing muramasa rebirth when the issue happened, finished playing the game but over the course had a few crashes happened. Currently, playing dynasty warriors next also experiencing the same issue randomly, it happened once today when i turn on the vita from sleep mode with the game still running. Ever since it happened I also noticed graphical errors in-game (DW next the environment texture would stretch like as if the game is bugged)

Maybe what is dying is your memory card i suggest you to restore your database.
Edit: oh you did! Yeah maybe instead of restoring you will need to backup and format your memory. Im pretty sure is the memory card and not the consolé what is dying

I never though the memory card would be the culprit because the thing itself is expensive and I though a faulty one would instead have issues like corrupt data.

I actually had a very similar problem recently. What fixed it for me was backing up all my stuff and the do a complete clean format and factory reset. Haven't had an issue since.

I think I will give the complete cleanup a try and see whether it's the system or the memory card dying. Thanks.

RK128

I don't understand your reasoning. I was under the impression you didn't have a PS4 yet. I'm not entirely sure why you'd be bitter about a new one.

Heck, I have a PS4 and while I'm not entirely fond of the idea, I'm not upset. Unless they start making exclusives for the new PS4 consoles. Then you can rage :p.

I'm bitter about the new one because it indicates that they want me to upgrade every 2 years and that the OG PS4 will run games badly within the next year or so.

Hate that idea and its pushing me away from PlayStation.

RK128

Nintendo's online presence / webshop is better and more functional that Sony's now

Nintendo

Nintendo is doing a lot better then Sony is in more ways then one right now :l.

Edit: Nintendo started this whole thing with the New 3DS anyway.....so my comment was dumb :l. Sorry everyone :(.

Nintendo is doing a lot better then Sony is in more ways then one right now :l.

The Wii U -> NX situation is VERY similar to the PS4 -> PS4K one. I'd even say worse, since they will drop Wii U support (pretty much already did), while PS4 will continue to be supported.

We don't even know if NX will be backwards compatible.

ryseing

FFXV is going to push you over the edge. I know it.

FWIW I don't think the PS4K is indicative of a refresh every two years. Seems like more of a midgen refresh with extra support for VR. I'm a tad upset myself but if a decent trade-in program is offered I'll deal. I just don't see this being more than a twice a generation thing.

RK128

FFXV is going to push you over the edge. I know it.

FWIW I don't think the PS4K is indicative of a refresh every two years. Seems like more of a midgen refresh with extra support for VR. I'm a tad upset myself but if a decent trade-in program is offered I'll deal. I just don't see this being more than a twice a generation thing.

Nah, Sonic was going to be the thing that pushed me to get a console (like my PS3 in 2011 for Generations) and that is likely going to land on the NX, which I'm seriously considering getting once Nintendo officially announces it; prefer handheld systems anyway and the NX will likely have a handheld version next year.

Will try to keep my mind open to this PS4K thing when E3 rolls around but not excited about it honestly.

The Wii U -> NX situation is VERY similar to the PS4 -> PS4K one. I'd even say worse, since they will drop Wii U support (pretty much already did), while PS4 will continue to be supported.

We don't even know if NX will be backwards compatible.

It is coming out this fall I assume, which is four years; the same way they did the GameCube too Wii launch (four years) and the Wii was completely different from the GC and had BC with GC games/controllers/memory cards.

The NX will likely have BC with Wii U/3DS games and the E-Shop will likely carry over in some form or another. Agree, we know nothing about the NX and it could not have BC. But Nintendo always has BC support, making me lean on the idea the NX might have it too.

Well, the biggest game on the system is much better on the new one, and there are even exclusive games. A growing number of exclusive games.

There is still only one exclusive game, unless you're talking about SNES classics

EDIT: I guess there are small eshop/indie games I didn't know about.. but that's not much of an incentive

Massa

Nah, Sonic was going to be the thing that pushed me to get a console (like my PS3 in 2011 for Generations) and that is likely going to land on the NX, which I'm seriously considering getting once Nintendo officially announces it; prefer handheld systems anyway and the NX will likely have a handheld version next year.

Will try to keep my mind open to this PS4K thing when E3 rolls around but not excited about it honestly.

It is coming out this fall I assume, which is four years; the same way they did the GameCube too Wii launch (four years) and the Wii was completely different from the GC and had BC with GC games/controllers/memory cards.

The NX will likely have BC with Wii U/3DS games and the E-Shop will likely carry over in some form or another. Agree, we know nothing about the NX and it could not have BC. But Nintendo always has BC support, making me lean on the idea the NX might have it too.

The PS4k is coming in 2017 which is 4 years after the first PS4. But what you're ignoring is that this isn't a transition to a new gen, both systems will be part of the PS4 platform and supported for years to come. The same OS, services, controllers, everything. Only games which aren't possible on PS4 to begin with would be exclusive to the new one.

Top Bottom