• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

Saphirax

Got excited for a split second thinking Utawarerumono was getting localized. Turns out it was just Aquaplus announcing the sequel.

The wait continues.

incpdo

Oh this is news to me.

I mean if you call that complaining, okay. But I am more surprised in this decision. Keep in mind I'm not against the idea of Sony going mobile but they abandoned Vita all together when it started to move some decent units in Japan and I assume in Asia since they've been making some investments there and also we see a lot of localizations specifically for Asian regions.

Yes in US Vita has failed but in some markets in EU and Japan it still manages to move some units. Games still mostly sell more on Vita when it's multiplat with PS4 in Japan, so there's that.

Lastly it's a ridicilous thing to say gamers are to blame, Sony has no one but to blame themselves for this situation. And of course I'm enjoying my system but I'm also free to talk about my dissatisfaction about the company.
We are probably going to miss the uncharted x candy crush mash up game so dont worry guys , this is the logical thing sony was about to do ,the first attempt being PSM and the xperia play.

The last point is actually a mix of things , i think both sony and gamers are to blame. Sony for the stupid expensive memory cards and the gamers for the non stop negativity over the console.

Shizuka

We are probably going to miss the uncharted x candy crush mash up game so dont worry guys , this is the logical thing sony was about to do ,the first attempt being PSM and the xperia play.

The last point is actually a mix of things , i think both sony and gamers are to blame. Sony for the stupid expensive memory cards and the gamers for the non stop negativity over the console.

Doing another game giveaway.

Senran Kagura (Vita) / Street fighter V (PS4) and Resident Evil HD collection (PS4)

https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1200540

Can I pay for the shipping if I live outside North America?

RK128

For my Sonic Retrospective, the next game on the list is the Sonic Rivals series! Finally get to play a few Sonic titles on Vita finally :D.

Will share the link to the Retrospective covering those games when I put it up and I hope you guys look forward to it :).

EmiPrime

Anyone know if Telltale patched The Walking Dead for cross platform saves ever? I would prefer to start playing it on Vita as long as I have possibility to carry my save over to PS4 if the Vita doesn't get Season 3.

I'm assuming the answer is no but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Anyone know if Telltale patched The Walking Dead for cross platform saves ever? I would prefer to start playing it on Vita as long as I have possibility to carry my save over to PS4 if the Vita doesn't get Season 3.

I'm assuming the answer is no but I thought I'd ask anyway.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...king-dead-season-3-will-be-out-this-year.aspx

They're looking into it.

Because many players have upgraded or otherwise switched platforms, Telltale recognizes that it needs to improve its save porting. Choice is important in Telltale games, and having to replay earlier seasons on new platforms to get things just right is a bit of a drag.

Thankfully, a solution might be on the way. "We've got a strategy to help Season 3 players ... collect all their data from the previous games,” CEO Kevin Bruner told Mashable. “[W]e didn't have the cloud services in Season 1 that we have now. So we're going to have a solution for everybody that we're not talking about it yet."

For my Sonic Retrospective, the next game on the list is the Sonic Rivals series! Finally get to play a few Sonic titles on Vita finally :D.

Will share the link to the Retrospective covering those games when I put it up and I hope you guys look forward to it :).

I hated Sonic Rivals 2, lol. Will be interested to see what you think of them, though.

RK128

I hated Sonic Rivals 2, lol. Will be interested to see what you think of them, though.

Thank you :). I sorta enjoy both games but they are far weaker then they have the right to be. The level designs are solid, its just that the rival system distracts too much and hinders the level design that could be played with :l.

So Sony didn't reveal the PSN PLus Instant Collection for this April? I bet they will give a game on sale this period that is why they didn't reveal the lineup yet, so more people will buy it before.

RK128

So Sony didn't reveal the PSN PLus Instant Collection for this April? I bet they will give a game on sale this period that is why they didn't reveal the lineup yet, so more people will buy it before.

Well, they don't announce it until the a week before, which would be next week then the following week for launching the games.

autoduelist

Well, they don't announce it until the a week before, which would be next week then the following week for launching the games.

Yup, RK. Specifically, they announce on the last Thursday of the month, which is the 31st, next week. They also don't put games on sale the week before they put them up on ps+. I don't understand why everything has to be absolute worst case scenario on the internet when a half second of research (or a question) would nip such speculation in the bud.

RK128

Yup, RK. Specifically, they announce on the last Thursday of the month, which is the 31st, next week. They also don't put games on sale the week before they put them up on ps+. I don't understand why everything has to be absolute worst case scenario on the internet when a half second of research (or a question) would nip such speculation in the bud.

People like to be angry about things man :).

I.....I fall for this sometimes too (like that PS4.5 rumor, I was really sour about that honestly) but I try to avoid getting to worked up over things.

Anyway, happy Good Friday everyone! Hope everyone has a killer Easter this weekend :).

RK128

Hello :).

Just wanted to let you know that I will be starting a new retrospective soon that relates to PlayStation; Ratchet & Clank!

Excited about covering the games in the series and will be posting links to them once I get to each game. This will be ongoing alongside my Sonic Retrospective and by next week, the Ratchet 1 thread should be up :).

Hope you all look forward to it :D!

autoduelist

Can someone who reads Japanese well help me out?

I'm working on the plat for Aegis of Earth, which I believe is called something like Metropolis Defenders elsewhere (or maybe Zettai Geigeki Wars)? Anyway, there is a trophy called:

We need more POWER!
-- Made a strike during a power shortage.

I have no idea what this means. You can't build structures if you don't have appropriate power, so I don't know how you'd have a 'power shortage'. I'm essentially done the game [last mission] and just don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do for it. If anyone can take a look at a Japanese trophy guide I'd much appreciate it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

I'm working on the plat for Aegis of Earth, which I believe is called something like Metropolis Defenders elsewhere (or maybe Zettai Geigeki Wars)? Anyway, there is a trophy called:

We need more POWER!

I have no idea what this means. You can't build structures if you don't have appropriate power, so I don't know how you'd have a 'power shortage'. I'm essentially done the game [last mission] and just don't have a clue what I'm supposed to do for it. If anyone can take a look at a Japanese trophy guide I'd much appreciate it.
Letting a power plant get destroyed on purpose puts you into an emergency power mode with a time limit. Do an interception within that time limit to get the trophy.

univbee

We need more POWER!

If your generator gets damaged a "time to shutdown" countdown gets initiated. Win the strike before that shutdown timer ends.

Seems like there's no Easter sale this year. Last year we got a bunch of games under $1. Picked up Katamari on PS2 and Surgeon Simulator for less than a buck each.

Clive

Seems like there's no Easter sale this year. Last year we got a bunch of games under $1. Picked up Katamari on PS2 and Surgeon Simulator for less than a buck each.

This year's March Flash Sale was last week. Plenty of games for between below a buck and a few bucks.

grimmiq

Anyone else unable to login to their account? Can't connect to PSN on my PS4, can't access store on PC.

Internet connection seems fine as I was able to login to and watch Netflix..Just no PSN, can't access profile, friends list or store. Testing connection shows internet is fine but error on PSN.

RK128

Just going to vent about something, as this is really bothering me.

Sony is going to pull a SEGA 32X/SEGA CD with the PlayStation for with the rumored PS4.5/PS4K and.....I just don't want to deal with that. Not getting a PlayStation 4 at all this year now and will get a Nintendo NX this fall, even more so if that rumored Sonic Anniversary game lands on that.

Just don't want to support a company that likes releasing new systems every 2-3 years when they could just support the one they have out on the market.

Sorry if this is a bit bitter, but just cannot support Sony doing that. Sorry if this is irrational or anything :(.

I will be playing Persona 5 on my PS3 this year and that will be my FFXV and KH3 instead :).

Sabas

Banned
I wouldn't fret over rumors. It's not worth the energy. The most likely change to the PS4 down the road is adding 4K Blu-ray support. (They're releasing their standalone 4K Blu-ray player next year, IIRC.)

RK128

I wouldn't fret over rumors. It's not worth the energy. The most likely change to the PS4 down the road is adding 4K Blu-ray support. (They're releasing their standalone 4K Blu-ray player next year, IIRC.)

My mind is made up with the PS4; unless Sony comes out and explains everything, not bothering getting one in the future.

Open to my mind being changed though, as I really want to play Ratchet and the massive amount of JRPGs coming out down the line.

autoduelist

Just going to vent about something, as this is really bothering me.

Sony is going to pull a SEGA 32X/SEGA CD with the PlayStation for with the rumored PS4.5/PS4K and.....I just don't want to deal with that. Not getting a PlayStation 4 at all this year now and will get a Nintendo NX this fall, even more so if that rumored Sonic Anniversary game lands on that.

Just don't want to support a company that likes releasing new systems every 2-3 years when they could just support the one they have out on the market.

Sorry if this is a bit bitter, but just cannot support Sony doing that. Sorry if this is irrational or anything :(.

I will be playing Persona 5 on my PS3 this year and that will be my FFXV and KH3 instead :).

I won't believe it till I see it. Iterative consoles are a terrible idea.

I think it's more likely it's just going to be some sort of PS4 with VR integrated or something, but I seriously, seriously doubt games will play differently.

Time will tell.

RK128

I think it's more likely it's just going to be some sort of PS4 with VR integrated or something, but I seriously, seriously doubt games will play differently.

Time will tell.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just overreacting to pointless rumors but right now, I'm done with Sony and consoles in general.

Hoping the NX impresses.

EmiPrime

If it's just an added 4K upscaler feature for games, native 4K Blu-ray and maybe the VR box integrated I won't mind.

If it's anything more than that I won't be happy.

It's not worth getting worked up over until we know what it is.

Grimalkin

I just discovered that the "new" PSN wishlist feature caps out at 100 games. I buy all of my Vita games digitally and all the PS4 indie games digital as well. A 100 game cap on the wishlist isn't acceptable! :p

Grimalkin

Time will tell.

I think the rumored "PS4K" is going to be the same theory as the New 3DS - slightly more powerful but the old 3DS is going to still be able to play all the new games. Your original spec PS4 is going to be able to play all PS4 games for at least the next few years.

I hate the idea of iterative consoles. The entire point of my switching from being a primary PC gamer to primary console gamer was that I buy one box (for about the cost of a single graphics card) and I'm done for 6 years or so. If they do switch to iterative, at some point my version of the console is going to be sent to the graveyard and I will bet it will be sooner than the historically 6 year cycle because why else do it, from a business perspective, than to try and force more console purchases?

It just doesn't make sense to me. It's a solution to a problem that doesn't exist for 99% of their consumer base. Average Joe Gamer who purchases 3-5 games per year doesn't care. The mother who purchases games and consoles for her children sure as shit isn't going to go in for a "monthly plan" or every 2 years or whatever scheme they could possibly cook up. And those 2 purchasers make up the vast majority of game buyers.

autoduelist

Letting a power plant get destroyed on purpose puts you into an emergency power mode with a time limit. Do an interception within that time limit to get the trophy.
If your generator gets damaged a "time to shutdown" countdown gets initiated. Win the strike before that shutdown timer ends.

Thanks! Got the plat.

If anyone has any questions about Aegis of Earth, let me know. Overall, I found it a very good game.

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just overreacting to pointless rumors but right now, I'm done with Sony and consoles in general.

Hoping the NX impresses.

Well, don't take it the wrong way, but you do seem to enjoy overreacting to rumor. Taking a deep breath and not getting upset about everything that might happen goes a long way towards being happy. I mean, you're literally saying you're 'done' with Sony because... of a rumor? That would be like someone saying they're done with Nintendo because someone put out a fake leaked controller... it's neither here nor there.

RK128

Well, don't take it the wrong way, but you do seem to enjoy overreacting to rumor. Taking a deep breath and not getting upset about everything that might happen goes a long way towards being happy. I mean, you're literally saying you're 'done' with Sony because... of a rumor? That would be like someone saying they're done with Nintendo because someone put out a fake leaked controller... it's neither here nor there.

Well, I am likely overracting.

Will stop commenting on this until E3. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

incpdo

Well, I am likely overracting.

Will stop commenting on this until E3. Sorry if I bothered anyone.
Dont go man you bring positive thoughts to this group and seeing the neogaf general tendency to be that of a negative poster you make some difference.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As a primary handheld gamer I have absolutely no problem with consoles doing the same thing. Hell last gen both the 360 and PS3 got significant upgrades with their slimline models without upping the processor/ram/graphics card.

The 360 is so old that the original model didn't even have an HDMI port. They sold a model without any form of storage on it. The original PS3 is half as big again as any model you'd buy today, had four times as many chips in it and ran hot as hell.

Actually getting spec upgrades along with those changes is a dream for me, especially as I'm a late comer to almost all non-Nintendo hardware.

Handhelds, well, the Lynx II was a dramatic improvement over the Lynx and that was 25 years ago. Then the Gameboy Pocket, with the black screen. Then the GBC, with the 4x clock speed and RAM (and you know, Color) The GBA SP with the clam shell and rechargeable battery, and so on.

Hell I can't stand the Vita 1000 but love the 2k. The PSP Go is the best version of that handheld, though there are actual tradeoffs between the three common versions of the UMD PSP.

incpdo

As a primary handheld gamer I have absolutely no problem with consoles doing the same thing. Hell last gen both the 360 and PS3 got significant upgrades with their slimline models without upping the processor/ram/graphics card.

The 360 is so old that the original model didn't even have an HDMI port. They sold a model without any form of storage on it. The original PS3 is half as big again as any model you'd buy today, had four times as many chips in it and ran hot as hell.

Actually getting spec upgrades along with those changes is a dream for me, especially as I'm a late comer to almost all non-Nintendo hardware.

Handhelds, well, the Lynx II was a dramatic improvement over the Lynx and that was 25 years ago. Then the Gameboy Pocket, with the black screen. Then the GBC, with the 4x clock speed and RAM (and you know, Color) The GBA SP with the clam shell and rechargeable battery, and so on.

Hell I can't stand the Vita 1000 but love the 2k. The PSP Go is the best version of that handheld, though there are actual tradeoffs between the three common versions of the UMD PSP.
What is it that you cant stand about Vita 1000 it's premium hardware , it's awesome oled or just the fact that it doesn't look as cheap as the 2000? Joke aside I think Nintendo over does it in regards to new and upgraded models of the same console. And I also think this rumor will be just a slim modem with maybe better RAM or something but nothing substantial

RK128

Dont go man you bring positive thoughts to this group and seeing the neogaf general tendency to be that of a negative poster you make some difference.

Wait a minute, I'm not going anywhere XD! Just not commenting on the PS4.5 thing until E3 rolls around.

Whatever happens, happens regarding that. Can't get upset over petty BS honestly.

kevin1025

Banned
Wait a minute, I'm not going anywhere XD! Just not commenting on the PS4.5 thing until E3 rolls around.

Whatever happens, happens regarding that. Can't get upset over petty BS honestly.

My thoughts on this is that it's going to be a little ways off from happening, if true. Plus I think it's going to be more that it's technically the Playstation 5, but it just continues on as a PS4+ basically, keeping the OS and games and everything as is, but with more powerful hardware to run the next batch of games. It's probably a good deal of time away from happening...I hope! I was definitely not impressed by the news, either, especially if it's soon rather than later, but there's so many awesome PS4 games that it isn't so bad!

If nothing is mentioned during E3, I'd say you're in the clear to pick one up!

I doubt this exists and I'm sure this probably isn't the right place to ask, but is there a website that tracks when certain games have been on sale in the past on PSN?

For example, if I wanted to know when was the last time MGS4 was on sale and for how much on PSN.

incpdo

great then ! n__n in about 2 minutes is my birthday( here in Argentina) due to being the end of month I will "sadly" celebrate it with my Vita alone in my flat hehe . Im going to meet my friends next week, salary in hand haha and that will be my real birthday party. I'm pretty positive lately which is a weird thing for me. I'm turning 31 and videogames gave me a new way to see things , that's maybe why sometimes I get kinda upset for some Vita news , I feel kinda connected with the system, I feel as well as the system no one gives a shit about me ( neogaf is no exception) but I continue going forward and fighting. Bringing some good experiences to some people. I struggle with my art ( I draw and make music and write in my native language some stories but is difficult for me to show it). But I'm improving. Reading you guys is helping managing anxiety and stress issues . but in resume I love this group there is a fair amount of negative and positive and I find that to be a perfect balance. So thank ya all! Hehe

RK128

My thoughts on this is that it's going to be a little ways off from happening, if true. Plus I think it's going to be more that it's technically the Playstation 5, but it just continues on as a PS4+ basically, keeping the OS and games and everything as is, but with more powerful hardware to run the next batch of games. It's probably a good deal of time away from happening...I hope! I was definitely not impressed by the news, either, especially if it's soon rather than later, but there's so many awesome PS4 games that it isn't so bad!

If nothing is mentioned during E3, I'd say you're in the clear to pick one up!

Like I said, not really going to comment on this rumor considering how it only fosters negativity for me. So, won't comment on this until E3 lands and they officially announce it.

Honestly not getting a PlayStation 4 until stuff on this is announced anyway, so I'm playing the waiting game now honestly :). Between the Sonic Retrospective, Ratchet Retrospective, and my massive PS3/Vita backlogs, will have a lot of stuff to play until I make my move about which system I'll get this fall :D.

After coming back from church with my mom and grandmother, having great time......realize its pointless to care over petty stuff. Will be far more lax about this subject in the future and whatever happens, happens :D.

RK128

great then ! n__n in about 2 minutes is my birthday( here in Argentina) due to being the end of month I will "sadly" celebrate it with my Vita alone in my flat hehe . Im going to meet my friends next week, salary in hand haha and that will be my real birthday party. I'm pretty positive lately which is a weird thing for me. I'm turning 31 and videogames gave me a new way to see things , that's maybe why sometimes I get kinda upset for some Vita news , I feel kinda connected with the system, I feel as well as the system no one gives a shit about me ( neogaf is no exception) but I continue going forward and fighting. Bringing some good experiences to some people. I struggle with my art ( I draw and make music and write in my native language some stories but is difficult for me to show it). But I'm improving. Reading you guys is helping managing anxiety and stress issues . but in resume I love this group there is a fair amount of negative and positive and I find that to be a perfect balance. So thank ya all! Hehe

I'm glad our posts are helping you :D! And happy birthday man XD! Hope you have a lovely time with your friends :).

kevin1025

Banned
Like I said, not really going to comment on this rumor considering how it only fosters negativity for me. So, won't comment on this until E3 lands and they officially announce it.

Honestly not getting a PlayStation 4 until stuff on this is announced anyway, so I'm playing the waiting game now honestly :). Between the Sonic Retrospective, Ratchet Retrospective, and my massive PS3/Vita backlogs, will have a lot of stuff to play until I make my move about which system I'll get this fall :D.

After coming back from church with my mom and grandmother, having great time......realize its pointless to care over petty stuff. Will be far more lax about this subject in the future and whatever happens, happens :D.

Good choice, plenty of awesome games to play in the meantime! I'm the same with PS3 and Vita backlogs, I keep promising myself to dig into them but this year is crazy with new releases. My JRPG pile has officially become Everest, haha.

Top Bottom