• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

autoduelist

Well, I am likely overracting.

Will stop commenting on this until E3. Sorry if I bothered anyone.

Reacting to rumors is pretty much overreacting by definition. It's just rumors. We can talk about them, discuss them, but actually acting on them is silliness until they're confirmed.

My guess is that they're going to do something like move some of the VR hardware into the PS4, that kind of thing, but not have -any- difference in gameplay. Basically, a hardware revision to bring it in line with VR.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they created two different game experiences. It just doesn't make sense on any level. I mean, just think about, say, the next CoD... what if people with the 4.5 get 60 locked during MP, but 4.0s have some frame drops? The user based would -freak-. Everybody would freak. Consoles are about unity of experience, and I have to believe Sony knows that.

So, I ordered Disney Infinity 2.0 for Vita. Go2games are selling it for £12 for anyone interested.

I really don't like the idea of having to own a lot of physical peripheral stuff to play it, but I figure I'll give it a try for that price.

jXkf2nG.jpg

Warhedz PS4 - This is a $5 unabashed clone of the board game Risk. Everything about it is poor quality but it does move a game along fast unlike Ubisoft's Risk. Might want to get it before it is sued off the store.

Gameplay impressions - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt75IrAurKU

OitaqMv.jpg

Trackmania Turbo PS4 - You would think just racing against ghosts would get boring but this game nails the controls, awesome crazy tracks and superb sense of speed. Multiplayer of racing against 100 ghosts is something I didn't know I needed. Surprisingly polished for a Trackmania game. Only criticisms are that the music sucks (you need to Spotify) and customizing your car into something that is not ugly is impossible. I haven't tried the track making tool but that isn't usually my thing. It will be on my GOTY list for sure.

Still having fun playing The Division. Need to give Salt and Sanctuary another shot.

Massa

Reacting to rumors is pretty much overreacting by definition. It's just rumors. We can talk about them, discuss them, but actually acting on them is silliness until they're confirmed.

My guess is that they're going to do something like move some of the VR hardware into the PS4, that kind of thing, but not have -any- difference in gameplay. Basically, a hardware revision to bring it in line with VR.

I'd be absolutely shocked if they created two different game experiences. It just doesn't make sense on any level. I mean, just think about, say, the next CoD... what if people with the 4.5 get 60 locked during MP, but 4.0s have some frame drops? The user based would -freak-. Everybody would freak. Consoles are about unity of experience, and I have to believe Sony knows that.

I don't think that would be the case, they wouldn't have to talk to developers if they weren't changing the specs available to them.

IMO multiplayer in different settings isn't a big deal. We've already have that with PS4 and Vita cross play games (most striking one was PJ Shooter, 30 vs 60fps). There was also Rocket League on PS4 and Steam, where at least initially the PS4 version ran worse than on a good PC. Street Figther V as well, apparently the PS4 version has some slowdown that the PC one doesn't. I don't think most people care.

Personally I'm excited for a PS4k, would get it day 1. There's certainly downsides to shorter generations but there's also many positives, for example the fact that generations aren't disruptive anymore. Remains to be seen how it works out but there are many problems with the current system that could be improved.

I wish they would do a test for the idea with the Vita. Release a new one with a 1080p screen and better CPU/GPU but on the same OS/brand/PSN.

Maligna

Banned
I've got a question about PS+ and the rights for free games. Specifically on my Vita.

So, after my year of PS+ runs out and I've resubscribed for another, the free games I have on my Vita seem to need to be opened at least once to "check" on my PS+ status to see if I'm allowed to use them.

So like, if I'm away from an internet connection and I want to play Gravity Rush which I got for free at one point, it won't work. But if I've opened it at least once and it's had a chance to check if I have permission to play it since resubscribing to PS+, then I'll be able to open it away from the internet for the next year.

Anyways, what I want to know is; is there a way to have my "rights" to use my PS+ games checked all at once? Otherwise I have to open each of my PS+ games one at a time while connected to the internet and that shit is tedious.

autoduelist

Nights of Azure and Trillion this week. Looking forward to checking those out.

I have Trillion preordered and I don't even know which game that is anymore. Is that the dungeon crawler with super long distance boss battles? If not, which game is that.

I just want me my SoSC.

Zhao_Yun

Nights of Azure and Trillion this week. Looking forward to checking those out.

Looking forward to both. Unfortunately won't be able to play either at launch :(
Is anyone even doing an OT for Azure? Game seems to completely fly under the radar here.

Clive

So, I ordered Disney Infinity 2.0 for Vita. Go2games are selling it for £12 for anyone interested.

I really don't like the idea of having to own a lot of physical peripheral stuff to play it, but I figure I'll give it a try for that price.

Thanks for this. They offer international shipping and customers outside Europe don't need to pay VAT so that's another £2 off. I paid £9.99 + £5.95 international shipping which is below $25 USD.

Phototropic

Neo Member
jXkf2nG.jpg

Warhedz PS4 - This is a $5 unabashed clone of the board game Risk. Everything about it is poor quality but it does move a game along fast unlike Ubisoft's Risk. Might want to get it before it is sued off the store.

Wow. That is one of the worst looking games I have ever seen visually.

Ephidel

I have Trillion preordered and I don't even know which game that is anymore. Is that the dungeon crawler with super long distance boss battles? If not, which game is that.

I just want me my SoSC.
Trillion is the Compile Heart SRPG where you and some incarnations of sin attempt to defeat a boss with 1Trillion hp.

I guess by dungeon crawler with long distance battles you mean this one?
That's Ray Gigant, the "Spring" localisation from Acttil, the company incapable of communication.

Thanks for this. They offer international shipping and customers outside Europe don't need to pay VAT so that's another £2 off. I paid £9.99 + £5.95 international shipping which is below $25 USD.

Welcome. Didn't realise international shipping rates were so good!

Haven't used them before, but they come up pretty regularly on HUKD (which is where I saw this). For that price, really can't not give the game a try :p

Powwa

Welcome. Didn't realise international shipping rates were so good!

Haven't used them before, but they come up pretty regularly on HUKD (which is where I saw this). For that price, really can't not give the game a try :p

Also bought it since the price was really good. I don't know much about the compatibility of the figures though. Does every 1.0/2.0 character,playset work on this?

QEEfyKl.jpg

Salt and Sanctuary PS4 - Many games are saying they are "inspired by Dark Souls" these days, but this game isn't saying that lightly. Everything from the mechanics, progression and aesthetics is a Souls game. I even don't like playing this game in all the same ways I don't like playing a Souls game. Quality game that isn't for me.

dpjEFvK.jpg

Tembo the Badass Elephant PS4 - Got this cheap in a flash sale. It is very Sonic in that it is fun once you have a lot of momentum and burning through the levels but once you mess up it is a slog and not fun. It is a good quality beautiful game. I do not like Sonic games in the same way I don't like this game.

JSOCWpm.jpg

Battlefront: Outrim DLC PS4 - Broke down and bought the season pass. The DLC isn't going to anybody's mind on the game. I find it fun and worth the money. The maps are radically different environments if that is what you were yearning for. There are a lot of little things in patches and DLC that are making this game better all the time. Yes I can now be Greedo and shoot Han Solo.

Can someone explain to me what is going here: https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/713712182651801600 and here: https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/714059409559650304 ?

There is no clue and nothing is explained. I don't know if this works like the topping up if last time (where you add 100 euros and get 20 euros later and many countries weren't affected last time) or if there are hidden 20€ codes hidden in the site like someone in the tweet comments pretends.

Honestly, it just reads to me like an advertisement "Put Playstation store gift cards in you Easter baskets this year!" I'm unconvinced there's any hidden meaning.

Honestly, it just reads to me like an advertisement "Put Playstation store gift cards in you Easter baskets this year!" I'm unconvinced there's any hidden meaning.

The tweet is mysterious. The pic has 'Wallet top up' written in purple which insinuates that a possible top up similar to the previous one is hidden this time (or that there are hidden PSN codes like someone mentioned). Also the tweet mentions hunting and a clue. We need more investigations.

Yeah that is all I comprehended it to be. I like that the first response is from a PS+ complainer. PS+ complainers are insufferable.

I want to test how PS2 games run on PS4, and as there is a sale, it is imho the perfect opportunity. Which one should I get - Dark Chronicle, Rogue Galaxy, Arc or Mark of the Kri ?

Funny thing is that I have all of these game on PS2 but never played them.

autoduelist

Trillion is the Compile Heart SRPG where you and some incarnations of sin attempt to defeat a boss with 1Trillion hp.

I guess by dungeon crawler with long distance battles you mean this one?

That's Ray Gigant, the "Spring" localisation from Acttil, the company incapable of communication.

Oh! Yes, I was thinking of Ray Gigant. It doesn't even seem to have a release date yet, unless I'm missing something. I guess I'll keep my Trillion preorder, it looks fun.

I want to test how PS2 games run on PS4, and as there is a sale, it is imho the perfect opportunity. Which one should I get - Dark Chronicle, Rogue Galaxy, Arc or Mark of the Kri ?

Funny thing is that I have all of these game on PS2 but never played them.

Sale? Oh, must be talking about EU I guess?

I've played all of those [original versions] but never completed any. My thoughts:

Dark Cloud/Chronicle -
I've only played the first, not the sequel. You go into dungeons... I found combat in the first to be a little underwhelming, but with potential. You then build out your 'city' in a nice, rewarding base-building way. I don't remember why I stopped playing. I've heard the second is a big improvement over the first, and I plan on eventually playing it.

Rogue Galaxy -
I want to love this game. I want to love this game so much I've tried to play it three times. I liked the sci-fi/pirate-y setting, I liked the different worlds, I liked the characters, I liked the combat system, I liked the upgrade system.
But while I don't have ocd in life, I do have gaming ocd, and this game just breaks me every time. You have hunting licenses to fulfill (kill 20 of these, 30 of those, etc)... but that includes rare monsters that only show up in small little areas of the map, so you end up running in circles hoping to spawn them. You have other collection minigames (bug combat, or something like that, iirc). You've got a huge crafting side game. Etc.
The first time, I broke down due to hunting licenses. The second time, iirc I broke down while exploring a rather large npc city. The third time, I finally unlocked yet another big minigame [factories for upgrading stuff] and I 'noped' out of it.
There's so much to like about this game, but then there is 100x more than that laid over the game. If this doesn't burn you out, you'll absolutely love the game. There's just so much to do, and the vast majority is well designed. It was just too much for me and as much as I want to beat the game, it's consistently burn out city for me. I dread the day I finally pick it up for ps4 and try for the 4th time.

Arc the Lad -- Twilight of the Spirits
I really like this game. Combat is a hybrid jrp / srpg thing that's done really nicely. On each characters turn, you can free move them based on how far they can go, and then every attack/spell can have a different 'zone of effect'... a slash might be a short cone, an arrow might be a long straight line, etc. There are lots of strategic concerns, especially against superior forces. I liked the story and character, though not as much as RG.
I'm actually very far in this game, and plan on completing it some day. I burnt out because there are [very optional] arena battles in some cities, with rare [and unneccessary] rewards for very long battles [like, dozens in a row iirc]... and that sets off my gaming ocd and I need to win them, and I burnt out... combined with finding out it was coming out on ps4 w/ trophies which made playing w/o trophies feel wasteful.

Mark of Kri ---
I only played a few levels of this. Watch some youtube of it. It's quite a good game, it's just not in my genre wheelhouse. But it's very good at what it is. Definitely feels like a ps2 game in that they don't really make games like this anymore, at least, none that i can think of.

I don't really think you can go 'wrong' with those 4. They're all different, and they all offer something good. Personally, I'd go with Arc or maybe DC2. But all of them are very good if not great.

Xenoflare

And clicking the links show they release tomorrow. Talk about stealth release if true

Nope I think that's actually the date where you accessed it on their server's end. It's past midnight in the GMT+1 time zone

When I found the XCOM vita on there I had the same thing happening, actually for me the "release date" said it was the day I found the PEGI link. Which was in September

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys XCOM+ is awesome, as i said in the thread i opened it has some minor issues but i'm having a blast, it' really enjoable and a very perfect fit for a handheld, buy it!

18-Volt

I'm pretty sure we'll see Ray Gigant either in April or May, you guys worry for nothing.

What really worries me is Marvelous games and XSEED's silence. For past two years, XSEED is trying to exceed itself by releasing more games than ever. This year they have lots of games in their plate yet they're very silent. Net High and Valkyrie Drive trophy list suggest that they are next in line but it seems XSEED will take its time announcing them for west. Luminous Arc on the other hand...

I was expecting that games like Net High, Valkyrie Drive and Tokyo Xanadu would be out by summer and for fall XSEED could focus on Ys 8 or Story of Seasons 2 (and now Fate/Extella). I guess that won't happen for now.

RK128

Hello :D!

This is great news, Legends 2 got rated by the ESRB and its coming out on PS3, Vita and PSP in the future :D.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1201860

Loved my time with Legends and Misadventures of Tron Bone, so can't wait to get this game when it lands on PSN :).

Might make a short retrospective on the Legends series leading up to Legends 2 PSN release if people are interested; been wanting to sit down with the games again :).

Top Bottom