• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

Try to go for that true ending, the story makes a little more sense with that.

Yeah, the 'normal' ending was just bizarre and a very weak conclusion. I gather that that was the point to make you play through again in NG+, but I'm not sure that's such a great tactic.

That aside, a review spoiler would be that I'm going to rate this pretty damn highly. I don't know why, but the game just clicks really well for me and I've had a fantastic time playing it through both times. It's cheaply made and repetitive, but there's just something about it which I think is great.

TOTP: Buy Lost Dimension if you haven't already! Lol.

(And maybe that'll make Caligula come west :p)

Shizuka

Yeah, the 'normal' ending was just bizarre and a very weak conclusion. I gather that that was the point to make you play through again in NG+, but I'm not sure that's such a great tactic.

That aside, a review spoiler would be that I'm going to rate this pretty damn highly. I don't know why, but the game just clicks really well for me and I've had a fantastic time playing it through both times. It's cheaply made and repetitive, but there's just something about it which I think is great.

TOTP: Buy Lost Dimension if you haven't already! Lol.

(And maybe that'll make Caligula come west :p)

Forcing a new game plus for story purposes only work when you have a killer story, like NieR, and even then, there will be people that'll settle with just the first playthrough.

autoduelist

Back I guess. I didn't play many vita games in Feb. Didn't follow this thread either so if any good drpgs or tactics games/etc got announced for localization lmk please.

I'm playing Nova-111 right now, and enjoying it -- it's a [mostly] turn based shmup, basically. Learning enemy maneuvers is key to victory. Fun so far, but it doesn't have a plat so I don't know if I'll fully get invested [this game seems suited to 'finding everything', but if i'm not going to get a plat for my efforts....].

Nekobura Cats or whatever it's called is pretty good, if you get it cheap. Interesting blockmatching tetris like game.

Tried to get into Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4 [ps1] but the interface was so archaic I couldn't do it.

And that's about it? I keep trying to put off starting any 'big' games because I'm waiting on upcoming games like Trillion and Stranger of Sword City. Also been investing some time into my tablet, though it's rare I find a game there that even comes close to engaging me as much as my vita does [though those games do exist].

RK128

Back I guess. I didn't play many vita games in Feb. Didn't follow this thread either so if any good drpgs or tactics games/etc got announced for localization lmk please.

I'm playing Nova-111 right now, and enjoying it -- it's a [mostly] turn based shmup, basically. Learning enemy maneuvers is key to victory. Fun so far, but it doesn't have a plat so I don't know if I'll fully get invested [this game seems suited to 'finding everything', but if i'm not going to get a plat for my efforts....].

Nekobura Cats or whatever it's called is pretty good, if you get it cheap. Interesting blockmatching tetris like game.

Tried to get into Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4 [ps1] but the interface was so archaic I couldn't do it.

And that's about it? I keep trying to put off starting any 'big' games because I'm waiting on upcoming games like Trillion and Stranger of Sword City. Also been investing some time into my tablet, though it's rare I find a game there that even comes close to engaging me as much as my vita does [though those games do exist].

Welcome back :D.

I didn't play much myself in Feb. on the Vita, as I was busy making a retrospective on the Sonic the Hedgehog series :). Its still on going, but I covered a lot of the classic era if you are interested: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1191020&highlight=

I don't think you missed much regarding localization's.....but God Eater games were confirmed for early summer games now if that matters to you :D.

Nice hearing good things about Nova-111; never got around to playing that. Thank you for the impressions :D.

Chuy

Anyone mention this US sale schedule for the next few weeks?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...and-movie-franchise-sales-with-resident-evil/

3/1/2016 Resident Evil Sale / Resident Evil Sale
3/8/2016 Assassin’s Creed Sale / Hunger Games Sale
3/15/2016 Naughty Dog Sale / Jurassic Park Sale
3/22/2016 Call of Duty Sale / Planet of the Apes Sale
3/29/2016 Metal Gear Sale / Transformers Sale
4/5/2016 Tom Clancy’s Sale / Harry Potter Sale
4/12/2016 LEGO Sale / LEGO Sale
4/19/2016 Grand Theft Auto Sale / Fast & Furious Sale
Seems like my wallet will be safe barring the flash sale/ unexpectedly good sale until golden week.

Why is Sony advertising Bandai Namco's handheld with a Square Enix game?
I laughed harder at this then I should've.

autoduelist

Almost forgot ... Hand of Fate is amazing. Deck building roguelike. Combat encounters have a Assassin's Creed combat thing going on [attack, counter, etc] but heavily dependent on your current loadout [weapons, spells, shield, armor, gauntlets, helm, rings, etc]. Encounter Cards have 'plots', and resolving a card [beating it] gains you that cards token, which at the end of that game unlocks new cards for future games [part 2 of that encounter, for example, or new equipment for future games]. It's hard to explain, but it makes for a very satisfying rpg/roguelike experience.

Nice hearing good things about Nova-111; never got around to playing that. Thank you for the impressions :D.

It's really more of a puzzle game than anything else. For example, a simple enemy might attack next turn if next to you. Another might have a 2 range weapon and attack next turn if you're in line of site. Another might drop a mine next to you, etc, etc. Lots of enemy types, each with different behavior, and you need to learn how to outmaneuver them. It's dressed up as a shmup, sort of, but it could easily be reskinned to be anything. Glad I finally got a chance to play it, but i'm also glad i didn't pay for it since the amount i almost spent would have been way too much.

It's really more of a puzzle game than anything else. For example, a simple enemy might attack next turn if next to you. Another might have a 2 range weapon and attack next turn if you're in line of site. Another might drop a mine next to you, etc, etc. Lots of enemy types, each with different behavior, and you need to learn how to outmaneuver them. It's dressed up as a shmup, sort of, but it could easily be reskinned to be anything. Glad I finally got a chance to play it, but i'm also glad i didn't pay for it since the amount i almost spent would have been way too much.

I had problems with Nova-111. 1) Long periods of 30-35 minutes between harddisc save points. 2) Really easy to brute force yourself through the game especially with the upgrades which break the game. 3) The real time elements are incongruent with the rest of the game. 4) The PS4 version will crash on you losing a lot of progress. It was very unique and I wanted to love it but felt disappointed.

Pata

After Denysoft I shouldn't be surprised by this, but I am. Why does Sony let PSM's thieves onto PS4?
This shouldn't be surprising, after all, Alien Shooter, which I heard was quite buggy when it released on Vita, has a PS4 version (at least in EU).

Welcome back my friend. Maybe you would like digimon?

On another topic, you were praising some older psp or psx game a couple of months ago. All I can remember is that it was some sort of rpg/strategy game. Do you know which game I'm thinking of?

Before Trails in the sky I didn't think I could get by older graphics, but it turned out to be a non issue, so now a new door is open!

Edit: oh wait, Siralim and crypt of the Necrodancer might be up your alley :)

autoduelist

Welcome back my friend. Maybe you would like digimon?

On another topic, you were praising some older psp or psx game a couple of months ago. All I can remember is that it was some sort of rpg/strategy game. Do you know which game I'm thinking of?

Before Trails in the sky I didn't think I could get by older graphics, but it turned out to be a non issue, so now a new door is open!

Edit: oh wait, Siralim and crypt of the Necrodancer might be up your alley :)

Digimon is on my radar but... i have so many games preordered right now i'm not sure i can add another one.

The game you're probably talking about is Growlanser Wayfarer of Time. I put it on the backburner but was very much enjoying it and will likely go back to it.

ryseing

Almost forgot ... Hand of Fate is amazing. Deck building roguelike. Combat encounters have a Assassin's Creed combat thing going on [attack, counter, etc] but heavily dependent on your current loadout [weapons, spells, shield, armor, gauntlets, helm, rings, etc]. Encounter Cards have 'plots', and resolving a card [beating it] gains you that cards token, which at the end of that game unlocks new cards for future games [part 2 of that encounter, for example, or new equipment for future games]. It's hard to explain, but it makes for a very satisfying rpg/roguelike experience.

I had fun with HoF for a few hours but then the encounters got way too repetitive. Cool game but I wouldn't pay full price for it. Got it on sale for $7 or something.

Well, the RNG gods in Lost Dimension screwed me over. I needed my first 3 traitors to be different from the first time I played through in order to get the true ending, but nope, one of them betrayed me twice.

Himeno, you silly bitch.

Now ive gotta go for a third playthrough, sigh.

Shizuka

Well, the RNG gods in Lost Dimension screwed me over. I needed my first 3 traitors to be different from the first time I played through in order to get the true ending, but nope, one of them betrayed me twice.

Himeno, you silly bitch.

Now ive gotta go for a third playthrough, sigh.

That's something I hated about the game. I had to pray that I wouldn't get the same traitors and luckily, I didn't.

Man, this thread has died down so much. I used to go away for a day and come back to pages of shit - now it's a few posts (if that). The trip to community has really killed the posting. :(

In other news, it looks like Futuridium EP Deluxe is getting the LimitedRunGames treatment at 2000 copies each for Vita and PS4. Anyone picking it up?

Man, this thread has died down so much. I used to go away for a day and come back to pages of shit - now it's a few posts (if that). The trip to community has really killed the posting. :(

In other news, it looks like Futuridium EP Deluxe is getting the LimitedRunGames treatment at 2000 copies each for Vita and PS4. Anyone picking it up?

I think it's more the fact that things on the Vita side are quiet for now. Once more games start popping, I think VitaGAF will be more active. The regulars just seem to be more off doing their thing for now. It's a busy time for those in school now as well.

I think it's more the fact that things on the Vita side are quiet for now. Once more games start popping, I think VitaGAF will be more active. The regulars just seem to be more off doing their thing for now. It's a busy time for those in school now as well.

It's more like everyone who posts has either been banned, or got lost in the move from Gaming. Last year's March thread was on page 4 (at this many posts) with only one day; it's the 5th and we're still on page 4.

It's more like everyone who posts has either been banned, or got lost in the move from Gaming. Last year's March thread was on page 4 (at this many posts) with only one day; it's the 5th and we're still on page 4.

Oh you mean in comparison with last year. Then yeah, some of the regulars from back then are still around, but some have left. We do have some new faces every now and then, but yeah I see what you mean. On the weekends usually this thread only gets 1 or two posts, while back then it just kept moving at a steady pace.

RK128

Between the move to the community tab, people leaving and people getting banned.....its no wonder why the thread is moving 'slower' then it used to.

It also doesn't help I haven't been posting a lot lately (due to not playing my Vita much; busy with college and other stuff); I tend to have a LOT of posts by the end of the month XD!

Maybe closer to E3 or when some new games get announced people will post more here :).

Oh you mean in comparison with last year. Then yeah, some of the regulars from back then are still around, but some have left. We do have some new faces every now and then, but yeah I see what you mean. On the weekends usually this thread only gets 1 or two posts, while back then it just kept moving at a steady pace.

I see what you mean; weekends are normally the slowest times of traffic for the PSN Thread.

I'm probably late but did anyone's Capcpom psn avatars vanish off the PS4? All my my marvel and asura's wrath avatars are missing.

I'm probably late but did anyone's Capcpom psn avatars vanish off the PS4? All my my marvel and asura's wrath avatars are missing.
Yep, I mentioned this about a month ago, but I didn't realize it was capcom specific at the time. My old SF2 Ken and Pocket Fighter Ibuki are gone. They still show up in my purchase history though.

Edit: Oh and my Resident Evil avatars are all gone.

incpdo

So ninja senki DX is not bad . it's actually very nice and well done I was expecting something cheaper but it actually surprised me.
Croixleur sigma is an addictive game but the localization is worst than to translate the original game with Google translator. The game looks really nice and has no frame drops at all. Not everyone's cup of tea tho.

Christian

So, I almost can't wrap my head around how awful getting the platinum in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is. I've been working on the game steadily for more than a month, and I still have quite a bit to go.

Not only do you have to get everyone's "Crew Level" to max to complete the gallery, which is a tedious process in and of itself, but you also have to collect every "rare" coin, which is pretty much completely random. You have to finish the game's "Dream Log" mode, and then constantly replay the "Strong Enemy" islands to get gold coins that are only available after clearing this mode. The catch - you may or may not get one of these coins for beating a strong enemy, and even if you do, you only get ONE at a time. I've probably gone through every strong enemy at least half a dozen times (you can reset them when they're all cleared), and I still haven't gotten all of the coins. Is there anything worse than relying on randomness for trophies like this? I mean, besides the obvious "Multiplayer" trophies. Geez...

Anyway, finally got all my games from Play-Asia, but still nothing from SuperUFO regarding my memory card. It's three weeks today, and panic is officially starting to set in a bit. :\

autoduelist

I had fun with HoF for a few hours but then the encounters got way too repetitive. Cool game but I wouldn't pay full price for it. Got it on sale for $7 or something.

Well, I mean, there are tons of multi-level encounters to unlock. And part of the point is 'learning' them -- it's a deckbuilding game, afterall. Do you put a risky card like Crucible in your deck because it allows you to potentially skip some hard enemies? Or do you put easy cards in your deck that have no penalties and little gain? Same with fights -- combat in the early game is pretty easy, but if you're up against the queen and king of scales + 8 rats...

I guess what I'm saying is you -want- the encounters to eventually be repetitive, because that means you're leaning the game and are capable of creating a good deck with a higher chances of success. Meanwhile, you're constantly unlocking new encounter cards and trying to decide what to leave in your deck [and in endless mode, all encounters, even the hardest, are fair game].

But even knowing that, I'd say that if you only played a couple hours you didn't scratch the surface of many multi-stage late game encounter sequences, like blacksmith and the kraken. So good.

It's a roguelike, so the game requires 'mastering'. Knowing it inside and out is critical to long term success.

I'd say it's one of the best designed games I've stumbled across in ages, overall. And that's surprising, because i thought the AC style combat was going to be a putoff (but even that provided a lot of fun and variety, once you open up lots of different equipment that completely changes play style).

The leap in graphics between Vita GR and the remaster is blowing my fucking mind.

Loving the 20th anniversary RE theme, so awesome to have that music while browsing the OS.

Uncharted 3 remaster looks like a current gen game, holy shit.

Resogun is incredible, should've tried it sooner.

VLiberty

I was mind blown by the Metro remaster. I've tried the 2033 demo and holy crap I can't believe this is a 2010 360 game.

That's something I hated about the game. I had to pray that I wouldn't get the same traitors and luckily, I didn't.

Lucky you :p

Now I have to sacrifice an innocent character (though it's Mana, who I don't particularly like) and then carry on with a traitor in my ranks AND then do another playthrough.

Lame. This has lowered it a bit in my estimations :p

Can someone recommend some JP Vita games that are good for learning kanji. The game I know that have repeatable line by line dialogue with sound, are Steins;Gate, but I don't feel like playing it again (got the eu plat). Any tips?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
LatestVitaGames has gone up with some footage of Extreme Vs. Force in English:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oagt-J94MEo

And AC Chronicles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2VTvCLhU4g

Vs. Force looks good to me. AC Chronicles... looks like they REALLY skimped on the textures. With that said, perfect framerate from what I saw, so *shrug*

I think that AC:C is a good port of a not so good looking game(but india and russia seems to look better than china though), the home version of AC:C looks almost the same.
large.jpg

Can someone recommend some JP Vita games that are good for learning kanji. The game I know that have repeatable line by line dialogue with sound, are Steins;Gate, but I don't feel like playing it again (got the eu plat). Any tips?

Can't directly help you, but pretty much every VN type game does have the option to repeat voiced lines. At least the ones I played. Neptunia for example has it as well. On PC I even know of a few VNs that allow you to display English and Japanese text at the same time (e.g. Nekopara), but I don't think that exists on Vita.

I think that AC:C is a good port of a not so good looking game(but india and russia seems to look better than china though), the home version of AC:C looks almost the same.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a looker on any platform. Just at some points during that Vita footage I was surprised how poor the textures were. Maybe I was just looking out for it more for Vita because I'm planning on buying it.

Either way, it runs well, which is all I'm really bothered about. Success for UE3 on Vita!

Can't directly help you, but pretty much every VN type game does have the option to repeat voiced lines. At least the ones I played. Neptunia for example has it as well. On PC I even know of a few VNs that allow you to display English and Japanese text at the same time (e.g. Nekopara), but I don't think that exists on Vita.

I see, thank you for the tips :)

RK128

Is Assault Android Cactus not coming out on Vita? I was under the impression that it was.

Kinda like a lot of PS4/Vita indie games, the PS4 version is releasing first with the Vita version releasing latter on.

I have a feeling the wait for the Vita version of AAC won't be nearly as long as, say, Axiom Verge (hope it releases this month) but I still think it won't release until the earliest sometime this June.

I find it weird that money isn't taken from the wallet when you make a preorder. Guess it makes it easier to cancel if no money has changed hands on order.

So ninja senki DX is not bad . it's actually very nice and well done I was expecting something cheaper but it actually surprised me.
Croixleur sigma is an addictive game but the localization is worst than to translate the original game with Google translator. The game looks really nice and has no frame drops at all. Not everyone's cup of tea tho.
Enjoying both of these too.

Ninja Senki really does feel like a MM clone I would have rented for my NES from the shady video rental store down the street when I was a kid in the 90s.

Croixleur Sigma has become my go-to game when waiting for something to download or microwave.

Well, I got the true ending in Lost Dimension, but unfortunately couldn't fight the final final boss because of Himenko's betrayal. Dammit.

Even with the true ending, story definitely wasn't one of this game's strong points. Good job the gameplay made up for it.

Ah well, will do another playthrough at some point to platinum it. Still really enjoyed playing it even with the frustrations.

incpdo

Enjoying both of these too.

Ninja Senki really does feel like a MM clone I would have rented for my NES from the shady video rental store down the street when I was a kid in the 90s.

Croixleur Sigma has become my go-to game when waiting for something to download or microwave.

Totally agree with you on these points.
But what surprises me of Ninja senki is something i dont see very often on these kind of indie games , the gameplay is actually a very tight one being as sharp as one of the megaman games in regards of what you feel when you are playing it. Is not something like Mutant Mudds with that floaty control and an innacurate feel of what was a retro-platform game(at least in my opinion)
In regards of Croixleur Sigma , i just wish this game had a more polished design because it actually is a really fun game and could be even better , i just hope there will be a second part in the future with more scenarios and characters as well as more items and customization options for such characters.

incpdo

Slow thread is slow ... Geeez.
So I bought 4 new physical games for my Vita . games I want to play eventually

I bought: killzone mercenary , resistance burning skies( I actually think is a an ugly but fun game), need for speed most wanted and silent hill. I just got them very cheap and are games I wanted to have in my collection. I was playing a lot of all of them except for silent hill, I'm kinda saving this one for later when I'll be buying the dlc.

So what are some old Vita games you still didn't buy but you want to? I might buy Sine Mora . I never bought it despite being the best version of that game . I have played the game on Android and iOS and its performance is awful.

So what are some old Vita games you still didn't buy but you want to? I might buy Sine Mora . I never bought it despite being the best version of that game . I have played the game on Android and iOS and its performance is awful.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2.

ryseing

Slow thread is slow ... Geeez.
So I bought 4 new physical games for my Vita . games I want to play eventually

I bought: killzone mercenary , resistance burning skies( I actually think is a an ugly but fun game), need for speed most wanted and silent hill. I just got them very cheap and are games I wanted to have in my collection. I was playing a lot of all of them except for silent hill, I'm kinda saving this one for later when I'll be buying the dlc.

Killzone and NFS are dope. Have fun.

Top Bottom