• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | March 2016

incpdo

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 & 2.

Even when it has some frame drops I think ninja gaiden sigma 2 is really good. Ninja gaiden sigma is a really good port and a great game.

Killzone and NFS are dope. Have fun.
Yeah I'm having a lot of fun with both games .

Totp recommendation: buy gundam extreme vs force when it comes out we need more gundam games! Also buy organ trail ,is great, and don't forget to get crypt of the necrodancer is just awesome!

mH3i0lG.jpg

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer Beta PS4 - I loved Uncharted 2 multiplayer but I couldn't get into the more complicated Uncharted 3. This seems like it is a lot simpler but not Uncharted 2 simple. Hard to judge because it is deathmatch only which is the worst way to play Uncharted multiplayer. Swinging rope mechanic seems interesting but it is a good way to die. The buying powerups seem balanced enough that they don't ruin the game. Maybe I haven't played Uncharted in a while but I found it hard to do what I wanted to do with lots of falling off cliffs. Players are bullet sponges and then there is almost always a knock down and then you have to kill them crawling around. Nothing here that will change people's mind on Uncharted multiplayer. I will probably play this for 10 hours after playing single player and never look back.

HKd0VlL.jpg

Hitman Beta PS4 - This is more Absolution. I liked Absolution but I don't think I need more of it. I am going to pass on this game.

I attempted the Smite beta but it made me start the tutorial over when I went into standby during the middle of it. Not cool. I'll maybe try it again but I am not a MOBA guy.

Slow thread is slow ... Geeez.
So I bought 4 new physical games for my Vita . games I want to play eventually

I bought: killzone mercenary , resistance burning skies( I actually think is a an ugly but fun game), need for speed most wanted and silent hill. I just got them very cheap and are games I wanted to have in my collection. I was playing a lot of all of them except for silent hill, I'm kinda saving this one for later when I'll be buying the dlc.

So what are some old Vita games you still didn't buy but you want to? I might buy Sine Mora . I never bought it despite being the best version of that game . I have played the game on Android and iOS and its performance is awful.

Funny enough, I have finally been getting around to playing older Vita games too. Just recently wrapped up Gravity Rush and I am a little over halfway through the single player campaign of Killzone Mercenary.

In between, I cleansed the palate with the more recent Saturday Morning RPG. If you are an 80's kid or really into 80's nostalgia, you will enjoy the quirks of the game. Otherwise, there may not be enough of other things underneath the hood to make RPG folks happy. The combat system has some neat ideas but did not feel varied/balanced enough for me to switch out of a few core combat skills. It was a nice short turn-based RPG alternative for folks who don't want to sink a lot time into one (though Child of Light is a better alternative).

RK128

I bought: killzone mercenary , resistance burning skies( I actually think is a an ugly but fun game), need for speed most wanted and silent hill. I just got them very cheap and are games I wanted to have in my collection. I was playing a lot of all of them except for silent hill, I'm kinda saving this one for later when I'll be buying the dlc.

So what are some old Vita games you still didn't buy but you want to? I might buy Sine Mora . I never bought it despite being the best version of that game . I have played the game on Android and iOS and its performance is awful.

Killzone and NFS are great fun, so have a blast with those :).

incpdo

Killzone and NFS are great fun, so have a blast with those :).
I already finish the single player campaign on killzone but with nfs I'll probably never finish the game , there is too much to do. But it's a great game and looks awesome.

I know some people will bash on me but even when the game is kinda crappy I'm having fun with resistance too.

SerTapTap

Late, but Senran Kagura is it for me this month. Which is plenty; dat Endless Summer edition.

It'll keep you busy. I've been playing the JP release off and on for months. There's sooo many levels due to the side stories and the free update content. Can't wait to like, actually understand it soon.

So, I almost can't wrap my head around how awful getting the platinum in One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 is. I've been working on the game steadily for more than a month, and I still have quite a bit to go.

I swear some devs DELIBERATELY make platinums painful, especially Japanese devs. The Katamari PS3 game is insanely cruel, you have to collect every item and there's no hints as to where any of the TWO THOUSAND items are until you get them, it's insanely easy to miss random its and bits even if you 100% the game otherwise.

So ninja senki DX is not bad . it's actually very nice and well done I was expecting something cheaper but it actually surprised me.
Croixleur sigma is an addictive game but the localization is worst than to translate the original game with Google translator. The game looks really nice and has no frame drops at all. Not everyone's cup of tea tho.

Not like the story is important. Just a cutesy friendship/adversity thing thrown in there in one of the modes. It's an arcadey action game at heart. Need to go back and platinum it, trophies for it are actually very fun

RK128

I already finish the single player campaign on killzone but with nfs I'll probably never finish the game , there is too much to do. But it's a great game and looks awesome.

I know some people will bash on me but even when the game is kinda crappy I'm having fun with resistance too.

Never played it.....how is the game anyway? Its one of the very few first party games Sony made (outside of Little Devants) I never bothered picking up.

SerTapTap

Resistance really bugs me, big waste of potential IMO. They had some really cool stuff going with R1, they graphically delivered with R2 but the series never really got much recognition and it seems toast now. I really liked how R1 mixed health regen + health pickups and the monster designs and guns were always awesome. FPSes don't focus enough on cool guns IMO.

Played the demo of the Vita game and wasn't into it, I guess I should pick it up some day just to complete the set though.

RK128

Resistance really bugs me, big waste of potential IMO. They had some really cool stuff going with R1, they graphically delivered with R2 but the series never really got much recognition and it seems toast now. I really liked how R1 mixed health regen + health pickups and the monster designs and guns were always awesome. FPSes don't focus enough on cool guns IMO.

Played the demo of the Vita game and wasn't into it, I guess I should pick it up some day just to complete the set though.

I enjoyed what I played of the original Resistance; it felt like a dark take on the FPS modes Ratchet 3 and Dreadlock offered.

The third game reportedly goes back to the style of the original but it might of been to late considering the damage R2 did was done :(.

Might just get the Vita Resistance when my backlog dies down a lot; might be a fun way to kill a few hours and 'complete' my first party collection on Vita.

SerTapTap

R3 definitely has a cult following (I really liked it) but yeah, R2 and 360 generally being the place for FPS games definitely did their damage.

It's a shame R2 is mostly remembered for the bog standard health regen and online vs, because it's online co op was a hell of a lot of fun IMO.

I kinda wish they took a break and tried again on PS4. I think a lot of underrated early-mid PS3 titles would have done better on PS4 now that the platform itself has less baggage, better sales and genre diversity is starting to proliferate again.

Christian

I swear some devs DELIBERATELY make platinums painful, especially Japanese devs. The Katamari PS3 game is insanely cruel, you have to collect every item and there's no hints as to where any of the TWO THOUSAND items are until you get them, it's insanely easy to miss random its and bits even if you 100% the

I have this platinum. Took me a while. Cowbear is the devil.

SerTapTap

I have this platinum. Took me a while. Cowbear is the devil.

I hate that level. I must have accidentally completed it a dozen times in one sitting. I gave up on it myself, I wanted the plat but without a proper guide the 100% item collection seemed like too much.

Then again I almost ragequit the Neptunia VII platinum because of a trophy that took less than an hour once I finally bothered to try. But I hate any "collect all the things" without an appropriate tracker. I'm stuck on the Neptunia vs Sega Hard Girls platinum for just such a reason. 1 random collectable in one of 42 maps and I hate everything

Benedict

There seems to be some hope for Monster Boy releasing for Vita in the future:

12+ mailman27 on March 4th, 2016 at 8:15 am said:
Any chance of this coming to Vita?
+ Thomas Kern on March 4th, 2016 at 8:18 am said:
Yes, there’s a chance for that. We have experience with the PS Vita hardware and it would be possible. If the game sells well enough on PS4, we’ll have the budget to keep working on it and port it to Vita. We love PS Vita!

+ Scaramanga1983 on March 4th, 2016 at 8:21 am said:
I’ve been waiting for this game for so long (since the Flying Hamster 2 kickstarter campaign). It’s sad that, when the game found a publisher, the Vita version was abandoned, but I’ll get it for steam and do my best to promote the game in the hopes of a later port.
+ Thomas Kern on March 4th, 2016 at 8:34 am said:
We received a warm welcome from the lovely people at SCEA/SCEE. I’m sure with their support for the PS4 release of Monster Boy we’ll be able to keep working on it and make a port for the lovely PS Vita – please keep your fingers crossed.

More replies for Thomas Kern, regardiing their hopes for a Vita release, are at the blog.

autoduelist

Pixel Dungeon releases tomorrow.

It's only $2 and supposed to be an excellent, well received, old school roguelike like brogue or nethack, complete with potion identification and everything else. instabuy for me.

I really enjoyed Sine Mora. It's a great game. Some very difficult trophies though.

Christian

Man, I would love me some Monster Boy on Vita. I'm definitely getting the PS4 version and I'm sure it'll be cross-buy, but I would double/triple/quadruple dip on digital and physical versions of it, if it came down to it.

Clive

The game that feels like the main inspiration for Monster Boy, Wonder Boy in Monster World, is just $4.99 on PSN for PS3. It's a pretty darn cool action-platformer with RPG elements.

A triple pack featuring 3/4 Monster World games is also available for $9.99. A damn shame Dragon's Trap isn't in there since it's one of the best 8-bit games of all time.

July 21st for Ys VII in Japan on Vita; PS4 version delayed to 2017.

Falcom giving Vita owners a little treat there, normally it's the other way around :p

pdk27

Hey guys, just picked up a PS4 this weekend. Subscribed to this thread and look forward to reading everybody's impressions/getting news.

Looks like Day of the Tentacle Remastered is dropping on PS4 and Vita on the 22nd, and supposedly pre-orders should be up today. Pre-order is 10% off and comes with a free PS4 theme. I'm definitely up for that. Source

RK128

Falcom giving Vita owners a little treat there, normally it's the other way around :p

Works very well for Falcom, as while they start work on the PS4 version post Vita version launch, they can start localization for both at the same time.

As I fell this will not release in the west until the PS4 version is ready; it will allow for the game to have the best shot at success (or in another case, make Ys a bigger name through the PS4 version or something). So, it gives them time to make sure the PS4 version is great while having plenty of time to localize both versions (assuming the PS4 version launches late summer 2017).

Edit: Made my point a bit clearer, so hope this clarifies what I was trying to say before everyone :).

hey weird question:

i was planing on getting Division through amazon US, download it on my US PSN account and then i want to play it on my main EU PSN account.

my friend ordered the game but it got delayed and he will get on thursday at the earliest.

so i wondered is there a way i can share the US account with him so we could both play the game together on our EU accounts until then. i know it works if you share your accounts but since i would share a US account we both would play on our EU accounts i wondered if it would work.

so basically:
one US account that owns the game
two EU accounts that want to play it, how can we set this up so we both can play the game.

maouvin

hey weird question:

i was planing on getting Division through amazon US, download it on my US PSN account and then i want to play it on my main EU PSN account.

my friend ordered the game but it got delayed and he will get on thursday at the earliest.

so i wondered is there a way i can share the US account with him so we could both play the game together on our EU accounts until then. i know it works if you share your accounts but since i would share a US account we both would play on our EU accounts i wondered if it would work.

so basically:
one US account that owns the game
two EU accounts that want to play it, how can we set this up so we both can play the game.

afaik you can't both use your EU accounts.

One of you will set the PS4 as primary to the US account. This PS4 will be able to run anything from the US account, no matter what's the active account or your online status.
The other one can only play while using the US account and being online.

18-Volt

I want to see XSEED's reaction to this. They have absoultely no PS4 game to localize right now. All potential games are for Vita and one for 3DS (the new Story of Seasons game). They still haven't announced anything for 2016, but I expect some of Marvelous Vita games to be ported to Steam.

afaik you can't both use your EU accounts.

One of you will set the PS4 as primary to the US account. This PS4 will be able to run anything from the US account, no matter what's the active account or your online status.
The other one can only play while using the US account and being online.

i thought that would be the case. shame. thanks tho.

As this will not come out in the west (sadly) unless the PS4 version lands over here. So, it gives them time to make sure the PS4 version is great while having plenty of time to localize both versions (assuming the PS4 version launches late summer 2017).

I don't think this is the case for XSEED. I know Anihawk has been suggesting it for NISA, but XSEED brought across Corpse Party (with a physical release) last year with no issues despite that being niche at best (even on Vita). They released TiTs 2nd last year. I think we're fine, even if it's just a Vita game (though it remains to be seen whether they pick up Tokyo Xanadu, I suppose).

I want to see XSEED's reaction to this. They have absoultely no PS4 game to localize right now. All potential games are for Vita and one for 3DS (the new Story of Seasons game). They still haven't announced anything for 2016, but I expect some of Marvelous Vita games to be ported to Steam.

Steam porting! But nah, I think they're bound to pick up at least some of this Vita stuff. I honestly believe they'll pick up the Vita version of Ys and just do the PS4 version as and when it releases.

SerTapTap

Why would XSEED react differently whether there are PS4 games to localize or not? They've been localizing Vita and 3DS only games for a few years and the situation isn't significantly different for either right now. I'm sure they'd love to loc some PS4 games, but shrug.

I am surprised at how few small/mid sized JP developers are keeping PS4 in mind though, anything safe to localize should be planning on hitting both IMO, you really want the PS4 version for the west even if it's not going to be a money maker in Japan.

I am surprised at how few small/mid sized JP developers are keeping PS4 in mind though, anything safe to localize should be planning on hitting both IMO, you really want the PS4 version for the west even if it's not going to be a money maker in Japan.

Does it make any difference for a company like Falcom that doesn't have a western publishing arm though? They sell the licencing rights for a fee whether it's on PS4 or Vita.

Tizoc

How is the PSP Butt Cream Bloodlines game? It has Altair and I wouldn't mind more stealth games on my OLED.

As this will not come out in the west (sadly) unless the PS4 version lands over here. So, it gives them time to make sure the PS4 version is great while having plenty of time to localize both versions (assuming the PS4 version launches late summer 2017).

Considering Tokyo Xanadu is Vita exclusive and there's a high chance we may be getting that around the end of the year or so, I highly doubt not having a PS4 version of something else right away will change much. Xseed isn't Nisa.

With no new Sony handheld in sight and PS3 sales dropping like a rock, I would hope that more and more companies see PS4 as a potential for growth. Even in Japan PS4 niche sales seem to be picking up, when several releases have kept up with Vita sales and PS3 doing less than half of the other platforms.

incpdo

How is the PSP Butt Cream Bloodlines game? It has Altair and I wouldn't mind more stealth games on my OLED.
It's fun , its kinda open world, it's ugly( certainly better than the DS one tho), the accent of the dude is so over the top that actually kills the character for me at least.
The gameplay is alright but it's kinda glitchy so I suggest seeing a few minutes of walkthrough just to see what you might encounter.

Edit: I don't understand why no one puts the tenchu games on the psn . I mean we could play 3 psx tenchu games: tenchu shinobi gaisen( the best first tenchu version), tenchu hyakusen and tenchu 2, plus in Psp we have actually 4 more games : kurenai, tenchu 3 portable, tenchu 4 and tenchu time of the assasins plus we have even a shinobido game (tales of the ninja)

VLiberty

I've played 3 last month and it jumped right in my top 3 FPS ever(the other two being the HL2 "trilogy" and Bulletstorm). It bombed hard and killed the franchise though, but that was to be expected between Sony's non existant marketing and Resistance 2 fucking up every hallmark of the first game. I can't help but feel that Retribution is the actual Resistance 2.

Burning Skies is just mediocre and uninspiring. It's not actually bad or broken but it's definitely the worst game in the series.

Jacqli

I bought a PS4 some days ago and have been wondering if there is a game that uses the touch pad. Not as a mimick, but as the main way to control the game. It feels like it could be used in adventure graphic games but I do not know if it is that reliable.

Good gadget by the way. The controller is really good, I could not believe the positive comments until I have actually tried it.

Time for my monthly moan (but it's coming from a slightly more positive place than my more recent ones).

I really wish Sony had pushed a little harder early on in the Vita's life to get a wider variety of multi-platform releases on it. There's a fair few 2011-2013 western and eastern games that would've been perfectly capable of running on it, stuff like Devil May Cry HD Collection; Ridge Racer Unbounded; Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Tekken Tag 2; XCOM Enemy Unknown etc.

By doing that push earlier, it may have been easier to get subsequent stuff on the console from some of these publishers.

But more than anything the one that hurts is SSX 2012. The producer even went on record saying they'd consider a Vita version. Man, if that game released on it I don't think it'd ever leave my console. I know it got railroaded for being too serious but once you got into the global events it was just unbelievably addictive and the same amazing series I remember from the PS2 era with tight controls and a great sense of exploration.

I'm lucky I managed to get On Tour on my Vita during the great compatibility glitch, but it's just not the same.

Chuy

Finally managed to finish Trails in the sky FC. I'm really glad I gave this game a shot because it's truly fantastic game and I definitely recommend it to anybody here that hadn't played it. I really feel bad for anybody that played this game when it launched and then having to wait so long for SC to finally get localized.

Vita thread needs more discussions. So I am here.

Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates (lit. Limit Erect Flag Seven Pirates) is sounding like Game of the Century material. The cast makes me think Pirates of the Caribbean but with more Otton.

This also explains why it's a Genkai Tokki game but not a Genkai Tokki game.

I am going to translate every instance of パイ to Pie. Just because.

■Prologue
 The young girl of a pirate brigade Parte(パルテ) was searching for Monspi Sea where treasures are said to lie. However, she was dropped into the ocean by a Monster "Son"* Otton who suddenly appeared and destroyed her brassier. She somehow drifted into the very Monspi Sea, etcetcetc.

*which is pretty much the Japanese equivalent to "my junior".

■Characters

●Parte Kairi パルテ・カイリ
 A young girl washed ashore in the Monspi Sea. Main character. Embarked to find the hidden treasures.

●Jewel ジュエル
 A squid type (?) monster girl that has a pirate ship but poor.

●Lind リンド
 Also a pirate and ship captain. Hobby is dueling.

●Poron ポロン
 A monster girl that has settled into a ghost ship.

●Succylla サキュラ
 Demon monster girl. Devastates pirate ships to become more demon-ish.

●Waffle ワッフル
 A monster girl treasure hunting in Monspi Sea.

●Clarret
 A pirate monster girl who attacks pirate ships.

Basically, design is extreme regarding whether one has Pie or no Pie.

■System

●Pie Development
&#12288;<purposely omitted>
&#12539;<omitted>
&#12539;<omitted>
&#12539;<omitted>
&#12539;<omitted>
&#12539;<omitted>
&#12539;<omitted> (this sounds painful)
&#12288;<omitted> touch action <omitted>. Might not be compatible with PS Vita TV.
&#12288;What happens if they (Pies) develop is unknown.

&#9632;Interview
&#12288;Interview to producer Kochiwa Yoshihisa (&#26481;&#39080;&#36650;&#25964;&#20037;&#27663;) is also on DPS.

&#12539;At first, we didn't mean to make the latest entry to the Genkai To__ series, but I was gazing at the bathtub and the idea of a sea-themed story where the Pirates are hoisting their Pies is born.
Oppai Banzai™?
&#12539;The developers this time is FELISTELLA which was involved in lots of RPGs so this time it's an RPG (READ: Not a DRPG)
&#12539;It's a new world, so while it may monster girls and Otton from the rest of the series, it's ok if you play this first.
&#12539;The reason for Mota-san as the character designer is because he was in charge of Chara Design for Monster Monpiece and Holy Sorcery Story (iirc it's english title is something like Great Curry God somethingsomething), and oversaw the chibi (SD) character and clothing's accessory. Also, I thought the Pies he draw were soft.
&#12539;The 3D models were wonderful (see Summon Night 6 demo, I guess...?)
&#12539;Deliberately planned to use lots of polygons for Pies. (Or something, this line is confuzzling me)
&#12539;Human male characters won't appear.
&#12539;The main is the seven girls, but there are lots of other monster girls
&#12539;The weird monsters are also 3D now and lively.

&#12539;Otton this time will guide the girls through the Pie Development.
&#12539;Pie Development is this game's growth system. Girls with face their own Pies and fondlemassage to grow.
&#12539;Massage will make the girl's status will go up and their Pie itself will grow.
&#12539;Not everyone will have a big Pie, it's possible for for it to remain small depending on the method of development.
&#12539;There are already lots of works which only shows Pies, I thought there were a missed opportunity.
&#12539;In that sense, we tried to squeeze everything into the Pies.
&#12539;We want to make the balance to revolve around the type which is determined by the size of Pie. We also want to make it so that Pie development won't feel like work.
&#12539;We're thinking of making it where you use extracts obtained from monsters in Pie Development.
&#12539;Otton also does other stuff aside from Pie Development. Like the OttonCannonGer(&#12458;&#12483;&#12488;&#12531;&#30770;&#12460;&#12540;) to finish off during boss battles.
&#12539;Who will be able to excite Otton will be important (?)
&#12539;We're also thinking of a system called Pheromone. Like in Moeru Crystal where the aura creates damage changes.
&#12539;It may look what it looks like but we're making an RPG thoroughly.

soosu

HOIST YOUR PIES, MATEYS!

Takao

Banned
Time for my monthly moan (but it's coming from a slightly more positive place than my more recent ones).

I really wish Sony had pushed a little harder early on in the Vita's life to get a wider variety of multi-platform releases on it. There's a fair few 2011-2013 western and eastern games that would've been perfectly capable of running on it, stuff like Devil May Cry HD Collection; Ridge Racer Unbounded; Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Tekken Tag 2; XCOM Enemy Unknown etc.

Kresnik pls

No one wants 30fps DMC and if it had been in development for more than 6 months, we would've gotten the last good Ridge Racer.

Harada says he likes Vita, but still (and forever) no Tekken.

Ventara

Works very well for Falcom, as while they start work on the PS4 version post Vita version launch, they can start localization for both at the same time.

What makes you think the Vita version won't come out if there were no PS4 version? This is Ys 8, not super indie unknown Japanese game #348.

Vita thread needs more discussions. So I am here.

Genkai Tokki Seven Pirates (lit. Limit Erect Flag Seven Pirates) is sounding like Game of the Century material. The cast makes me think Pirates of the Caribbean but with more Otton.

This also explains why it's a Genkai Tokki game but not a Genkai Tokki game.

I am going to translate every instance of &#12497;&#12452; to Pie. Just because.

HOIST YOUR PIES, MATEYS!

Going to need to see that eventual English Asia announcement, because that sounds amazing.

Top Bottom