• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

ZeroAKA

ioLaEmsVLudNj.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to PlayStation systems, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

ibbacOBIRJoBQD.png

May 5
  • Cosmophony (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PS4)
May 12
  • Color Guardians (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD (PS4)
  • Lost Orbit (PS4)
  • Project Cars (PS4)
  • Toren (PS4)
May 19
  • Farming Simulator 15 (PS4, PS3)
  • Hyperdimeniom Neptunia U: Action Unleashed (Vita)
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
May 26
  • Magicka 2 (PS4)
  • Ultra Street Fighter IV (PS4)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

iR7z1PS43GwsW.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Ether One (PS4)
  • Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4)
  • Hohokum (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Murasaki Baby (Vita)
  • Race the Sun (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • The Unfinished Swan (PS4, PS3, Vita)
    [*]Driveclub: PS+ Edition

ibubWXwd7NiO06.png

For the first time, the Game of the Month title went to a game that was not released in the previous month, but in the month before. Here are the reasons why you should play Toukiden Kiwami to our forum members:
Toukiden Kiwami is an expansion of one of the best hunting games ever released. The new weapons and story are excellent. Highly recommended especially if you haven’t played the first game.
It’s awesome, full of content and hopefully the start of a pretty successful series.

i5tvtlBN4att3.png

Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

ibo03GEHLJ77b0.png

It's the May thread!
B19uidP.gif

Only thinking of getting Neptunia U this month, and leaving the Witcher 3 for a later date, maybe once I finish Xenoblade. I was going to import SAO LS as a birthday present to myself, but I think I'd rather save the money and wait for the US announcement.

antibolo

Banned
I haven't played a video game in more than a month and yet I still charted in the April Hall of Shame. Oh my.

Shizuka

Images aren't working for me. Is it possible to change hosts, maybe one that isn't locked from restricted internet access like imgur?

SerTapTap

Shizukaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
HNfpfiA.png

Not that you're not always first.

Ugh, being sick has totally ruined my ability to do this Omega Quintet review on time. I'll just finish it before I beat the final boss I guess

Man, I'm gonna have to keep refreshing the page throughout next week if they don't give a date more precise than that. I really don't want to miss out on it.

IFI usually has an exact time and date when they announce their LE preorders which is pretty nice (and is only a few minutes late each time).

Sondar, Dallow, Galdius and myself. I wonder how many more Vita hoarders we have around here.

I collect but mostly just the indies or if something is super duper cheap. I briefly considered a nearly complete library for Vita and Dreamcast but uh, both are over several hundred unique retail games.

I haven't played a video game in more than a month and yet I still charted in the April Hall of Shame. Oh my.
I have done worse. I didn't even touch the Vita that much this month because of Xenoblade on the n3DS and I'm still there too lol.

Still, looking at the numbers, April was a quiet month.

Hikami

Nothing for me this month again.
June on the other hand.. can't wait to play op abyss.

Well, at least I have the games from the Golden Week sale to keep me busy.

SerTapTap

Just Neptunia for me I guess. I won't be suckered into a third purchase of FFX
because the US doesn't get the steel book

Shizuka

Operation Abyss is locked to be June's GotM. I'll probably vote for Moe Chronicle or Steins;Gate for May.

That's strange. Have the images in the previous threads worked?

Nope, they didn't work, but it's the first time I checked the first page of previous threads on my college.

Operation Abyss is locked to be June's GotM. I'll probably vote for Moe Chronicle or Steins;Gate for May.

Nope, they didn't work, but it's the first time I checked the first page of previous threads on my college.
Was there confirmation that this is dropping this month in the US? I remember you folks saying it was out on the 26th in EU I believe?

Shizuka

Was there confirmation that this is dropping this month in the US? I remember you folks saying it was out on the 26th in EU I believe?

It'll be released in Europe this month, we don't have any info regarding the NA release just yet.

Ah right, had forgotten about these since they weren't in the op. Guess I'm buying something this month after all.

That's because they're asian and european releases, both are TBA in NA.

I'll see what I can do after my final exams tomorrow. Remind me on Line if I forget.

Alright, thanks!

Shizuka

Just like I thought. So people are importing the LE to get the physical version I guess?

Rice Digital is selling both standard and limited editions with free worldwide shipping. I'll probably go for the limited edition, but I'll wait until close to the release in case they announce more info on the NA release, since Rice Digital charges upfront and I may want to cancel if we get more news soon.

Probably just Hyper Dimeniom for me.

guJb9zE.png

eFKac

Still on the fence with The Witcher on Day 1. I shouldn't spend any more money, but me and a couple of friends would really fucking like to play it :-/

Anyway subscribed!

Everyone but me is getting Moe Chronicles lol. And damn Shizuka I checked the price for Steins;Gate in CAD and it's $55, that's a bit too much... Hopefully they don't run out of copies, in case we don't get a physical version...

Shizuka

Everyone but me is getting Moe Chronicles lol. And damn Shizuka I checked the price for Steins;Gate in CAD and it's $55, that's a bit too much... Hopefully they don't run out of copies, in case we don't get a physical version...

European games are usually more expensive than north american ones, but with the free shipping, it's almost the same for me.

antibolo

Banned

Same here for Steins;Gate, I want a physical copy, but I don't think I want it that much.

And no I'm definitely not getting Moe Chronicle either lol

Takao

Banned
Oh yeah, I've been holding off on the console version of Disney Infinity 2.0. Assuming the port isn't completely awful, I'll get the Vita version.

The Vita port is being handled by the studio that did the current gen console port, so it shouldn't be awful.

ascii42

Rice Digital is selling both standard and limited editions with free worldwide shipping. I'll probably go for the limited edition, but I'll wait until close to the release in case they announce more info on the NA release, since Rice Digital charges upfront and I may want to cancel if we get more news soon.

guJb9zE.png

That was a great thread. I Hate Myself For It is going to be the OT subtitle, I hope.

PQube's site says May 2015, but if you click through the retailers listed they all have May 22nd as their release/ship date; http://www.pqube.co.uk/steinsgate/buy_now.html
Ah all EU I see. The fact that there's what seems to be a placeholder spot for North America has me kinda hopeful for a western physical release too. I'll wait and see!

That was a great thread. I Hate Myself For It is going to be the OT subtitle, I hope.
If anyone doesn't mind telling me the context behind this because I'm curious lol.

Li Kao

Hmm, not yet sure about my May purchases. I'm way behind on Witcher so it wouldn't make much sense to buy the new one immediately. I'm not a racer fan, so instead of Project Cars I maybe should try Driveclub.
Only things pretty sure is Wolfenstein as I quite liked the previous episode, and evidently Steins;Gate. And a fuckton or other things, no doubt :-/. (Golden week sale, Brandish, Disgaea 1, zhp, etc...)

Still I should consider buying a new Ps4 game, being a multiplat gamer I won't buy many titles on Sony platforms this month and it's begining to annoy me that I don't use the PS4 more. I mean it's a wonderful machine and there are game on it, but with too much hardware you inevitably get less and less time to play each one.

Ah all EU I see. The fact that there's what seems to be a placeholder spot for North America has me kinda hopeful for a western physical release too. I'll wait and see!

They've already confirmed that NA will get a physical release, but they haven't confirmed anything (like a release date) after that.

Baekshi, Takao, and I are playing Sonic Racing Vita online if you guys would like to join. :)
We're just in a normal online Racing lobby.

Ventara

IFI usually has an exact time and date when they announce their LE preorders which is pretty nice (and is only a few minutes late each time).

No, I meant RCR. They have another 330 copies to sell next week and I really want to nab one.

If anyone doesn't mind telling me the context behind this because I'm curious lol.

Shizuka misspelled Hyperdimension as hyperdimeniom when making the announcement thread, and everyone has been mocking him for it. Though we're laughing with him.

Tapejara

Happy New Thread!

Decided to finally give Freedom Wars a go earlier today. Only played the first civilian rescue mission, but I'm enjoying it. Is the online still active?

Can't wait for Steins;Gate!

By the way, apparently RCR Vita copies are being shipped right now but... Has anyone received an email from Fangamer yet? How are we supposed to track our packages with USPS? How long until it arrives?
I payed $35 USD for shipping, it better be here by tomorrow ¬¬

I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

They've already confirmed that NA will get a physical release, but they haven't confirmed anything (like a release date) after that.
Fuckin' A, this is what I wanted to hear. Thanks, I will wait then!

Shizuka misspelled Hyperdimension as hyperdimeniom when making the announcement thread, and everyone has been mocking him for it. Though we're laughing with him.
LOL. To be fair, my phone autocorrects all the time, and transforms Neptunia into Neptunian. Shit happens right aha.

Top Bottom