• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Takao

Banned
Who here has the physical copy of minecraft for the vita? I have a few questions.

So you get the Ps3 copy too?
I have a Japan 2K unit and will be getting the Japanese physical copy since I will be in Japan, will I able to use both on my us account?
Think they will get rid of the world limit since the mobile phone app no longer has one?

1) Yes, but you won't be able to use it on your US account.
2) See above. The cart will play fine (though, you won't be able to buy DLC on the US store) but the PS3 voucher won't work on a US account.
3) No. The PS4/XB1 versions don't have unlimited worlds due to file size limits. Presumably the same rings true about Vita.

Among Dragon Ball Raging Blast 1, 2 and Ultimate Tenkaichi, which one is the best?

None of those are good games, but I guess RB2 is the least bad.

VLiberty

2) See above. The cart will play fine (though, you won't be able to buy DLC on the US store) but the PS3 voucher won't work on a US account.
3) No. The PS4/XB1 versions don't have unlimited worlds due to file size limits. Presumably the same rings true about Vita.

Aw... :( compared to Tenkaichi 2 and 3 (which I quite liked), how worse is RB2?

Takao

Banned
Aw... :( compared to Tenkaichi 2 and 3 (which I quite liked), how worse is RB2?

If you liked the BT games for their massive rosters, you're not going to be pleased with any of the HD games. RB2's combat is a bit more simplified, it has a weird musical gimmick and the camera doesn't work all that well.

Vylash

yZeKpJs.gif

6sfOX9B.gif

MGrzp2p.gif

please buy Akiba's Trip, that is all

Sarcasm

Thanks guess not worth it than.

please buy Akiba's Trip, that is all

Gimme me money and I'll buy it. Promise it won't be spent on Conception 2 LOL.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I gotta stop this rhythm games schedule that I'm doing right now. Start with SK Bon Appetit, then go to pdf 2nd, now Djmax. I'm in rhythm game heaven but I stop before I grow sick of them.
giphy.gif

HALP.

Shizuka

I gotta stop this rhythm games schedule that I'm doing right now. Start with SK Bon Appetit, then go to pdf 2nd, now Djmax. I'm in rhythm game heaven but I stop before I grow sick of them.
giphy.gif

HALP.

I think you need even more rhythm games. Start Theathrythm, Orgarhythm, Rhythm Thief, Deemo, Musync, Cytus Lambda and pre-order Taiko V.

RK128

Happy May everybody :D.

This is going to be another great month for the Vita with lots of great games coming (stuff like Neptuina U looks fun :)).

Got a lot from last months sales across two flash sales, the spring fever indie deal and golden week I got so much stuff XD!
  1. Battlefront 2
  2. Silent Hill Origins
  3. The Warriors PSP
  4. One Piece Unlimted World Red
  5. Demons Gaze
  6. Rivara The Promised Land
  7. htoL#Ni! - The Firefly Diary
  8. Mega Man X5
  9. Pac-Man Champonsion Edition EX
And so much more :D. Gotta love PlayStation; the platform that you can put in 50-80 bucks, and walk away with to many games to hold :').

I started playing Firefly Diary, Rivara The Promised Land and Silent Hill Origins and they are all quite fun :).

Firefly Diary was really interesting, as it is a game that heavily used the Vita's touch screen/rear touch pad inputs....
but considering the top-down retro sections thrown around when you touch special flowers
, I find using the left stick and the face buttons work best. The visuals look amazing and the soundtrack is quite haunting as well. The game really surprised me, as it made me think my Vita crashed or something! I touched
one of the special flowers
and the game just froze up, making me think 'Did this break my Vita?!' then it went to
a top-down section
. Quite a great freak out moment I think :).

Rivara is cool, as I remember seeing reviews of the GBA version on X-Play, finding it to look interesting. I got it part of the golden week sale (for 2.50 a JRPG? Not a bad deal at all man :D) and I liked the few minutes I put into it. I found it really odd that I couldn't move my character in the field, but I just amuse this was the case for the early start of the game; to ensure that your player isn't confused or something. Like the item system, where you can only hold X amount of items (four I think) for battle, making things really interesting; you cant just chug down potions and keep hitting things, you have to be really careful on what items you bring into battle. Some creative combat I must say :).

Silent Hill Origins is awesome so far; it feels like a PS2-era Silent Hill in the palm of your hands :). The visuals look like classic Silent Hill, the music is really good, the new combat system in this game is okay, and the locations still evoke the haunting feeling the series is famous for. Even the VA is good, as your main character sounds good and I enjoyed his interactions with everyone in the first half hour so far. Overall, I'm having a good time with this game :).

Prelude.

When can we reasonably expect new info on SaGa 2015? TGS would be a bit too late unless it turns out to be SaGa 2016.

RK128

Nobody cares about my PSN problems :(

Well, what issues are you having with PSN? If its PS4 related, I don't think I can help, but if its PS3/Vita related I can help :).

Are getting errors when logging into the Vita PSN Store? Issues with remote downloading? Unable to play games online?

I would be happy to help if I know what you issue is man :).

Well, what issues are you having with PSN? If its PS4 related, I don't think I can help, but if its PS3/Vita related I can help :).

Are getting errors when logging into the Vita PSN Store? Issues with remote downloading? Unable to play games online?

I would be happy to help if I know what you issue is man :).

Can you help with PS+ ending prematurely and all services and games disapperaing from the PS4? :)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038673

RK128

Can you help with PS+ ending prematurely and all services and games disapperaing from the PS4? :)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038673

Mmm..... I think what you need to do is the following:
-Disconnect your PS4 from PSN
-Go into your PSN settings on the PSN Web store
-Go into 'registering systems' section on the Web store under your account
-See if your PS4 is listed their
-Un-register your PS4 from it
-Re-register your PS4 in it
-Turn on your PS4
-Go into your PS4 settings and make your PS4 the 'main' PS4
-Then either exit PSN and check if your games re-activate or re-download what went missing

I do not own a PS4, so I have no idea if this will help, but this should fix your issue if my information on the PS4 is correct :). Good luck with your PS4 issue man and if this doesn't work, please let me know.

PSVita copies for RCR can be bought on VGP now for $39.99 CDN. Not sure if that'a good deal but VGP is always great for importers since they're fast and try their best to avoid customs.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/retro-city-rampage-vita-p-23028.html
Mmm..... I think what you need to do is the following:
-Disconnect your PS4 from PSN
-Go into your PSN settings on the PSN Web store
-Go into 'registering systems' section on the Web store under your account
-See if your PS4 is listed their
-Un-register your PS4 from it
-Re-register your PS4 in it
-Turn on your PS4
-Go into your PS4 settings and make your PS4 the 'main' PS4
-Then either exit PSN and check if your games re-activate or re-download what went missing

I do not own a PS4, so I have no idea if this will help, but this should fix your issue if my information on the PS4 is correct :). Good luck with your PS4 issue man and if this doesn't work, please let me know.

Thanks for the help, but it's a bigger issue on Sony's side that is affecting many users. Their accounts are literally emptied out. I'm sure it'll be fixed but there's nothing that can be done right now.

RK128

PSVita copies for RCR can be bought on VGP now for $39.99 CDN. Not sure if that'a good deal but VGP is always great for importers since they're fast and try their best to avoid customs.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/retro-city-rampage-vita-p-23028.html

Thanks for the help, but it's a bigger issue on Sony's side that is affecting many users. Their accounts are literally emptied out. I'm sure it'll be fixed but there's nothing that can be done right now.

Then I hope my advice fixes your problem then; that sounds horrible losing access to all your games X(.

Sony support is really nice, so don't be afraid to call them up.....just keep in mind they take a while in fixing your issue (took me 3 weeks to get 10 bucks in PSN credit from Sony Rewards when my account didn't work :().

autoduelist

so used most of my free time while traveling to clear 90% of Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita. Have to do some cleanup, but all the hard races and trophies are out of the way (I already plat'd the PS3 version at release).

And... it was an incredible experience. absolutely loved revisiting it, and the fact that it was on a handheld was even more incredible. There was significantly less traffic, but if anything that made the game a bit easier... and any framerate issues (if there even are any) were unnoticeable to me. The most obvious downgrade besides traffic was that oncoming traffic headlights were pixellated, but whoopdedoo.

I wish this game sold like hotcakes, it's pretty amazing they got it so good on the vita.

I had wanted to clear a rpg, but... got to go with the flow.

so used most of my free time while traveling to clear 90% of Need for Speed Most Wanted Vita. Have to do some cleanup, but all the hard races and trophies are out of the way (I already plat'd the PS3 version at release).

And... it was an incredible experience. absolutely loved revisiting it, and the fact that it was on a handheld was even more incredible. There was significantly less traffic, but if anything that made the game a bit easier... and any framerate issues (if there even are any) were unnoticeable to me. The most obvious downgrade besides traffic was that oncoming traffic headlights were pixellated, but whoopdedoo.

I wish this game sold like hotcakes, it's pretty amazing they got it so good on the vita.

Good to know! I thought Most Wanted was great on PS3. The car collectathon aspect was really well done. If I ever feel like playing a racer on the Vita I'll try it out myself. It is the one that was given away for free right?

Ambitious

I'll wait for Steam ver. thanks~

Wait for the flash deal!

? Is this NG+ or normal mode? Cuz it's not that hard, especially if you have the fireball spell and are spamming the Pogo Shovel :p

Normal Mode, it's my first playthrough. But I was referring to the impossible to reach loot bag, not the room in general.

I've only played it on the Vita, and I went on to clear 100% of the single-player (except it won't acknowledge that I drove every car). It really is a perfect game to play in short bursts on a portable. Less frustrating than Wipeout, and far more options for just trying a different race when you get stuck on something.

I haven't even considered going for the platinum since I didn't know anyone else playing it for the multiplayer trophies. Did you do multiplayer on the Vita?

VLiberty

DAT Yooka Laylee kickstarter.
I can see them making an oldgen stretchgoal since they're going so strong and already have a Wii U version in the works.

If you liked the BT games for their massive rosters, you're not going to be pleased with any of the HD games. RB2's combat is a bit more simplified, it has a weird musical gimmick and the camera doesn't work all that well.

Ah...well, I'll look for a very cheap copy...thanks!

AsfaeksBR

Titan Souls looks so good on a big screen. And the bosses are really well designed. Really recommend it!

Bought Shovel Knight, should I play it now or wait to play it on Vita when I get one?
(Already played it on PC, but never finished it)

NFS Most Wanted on the Vita is indeed an excellent game. Platted it last year. Fast loading times too.

Bought Home last week, enjoyed it for what it was. Currently playing Wolf Among Us, about halfway.

Looking forward to next week's plus update. 4 Vita games that I don't have (Murasaki Baby and Unfinished Swan were at some moment in my cart, but didn't end up buying them).

Tapejara

Next month's Plus line up sucks for me, because I already own everything except Ether One. Oh well, glad more people will get to try out Hohokum.

v1perz53

Normal Mode, it's my first playthrough. But I was referring to the impossible to reach loot bag, not the room in general.

May sound dumb, but this is actually what made me stop playing the game the first time I tried it on Wii U. Shouldn't have been that hard to avoid impossible to reach bags, could've just done what Dark Souls did and had the bags spawn from where your body was ~2 seconds before you died or something. Just seemed like one bit of sloppy game design in an otherwise very carefully designed game.

Flandy

Titan Souls looks so good on a big screen. And the bosses are really well designed. Really recommend it!

Bought Shovel Knight, should I play it now or wait to play it on Vita when I get one?
(Already played it on PC, but never finished it)

Wait for PS4

So I FINALLY jumped in and got a Vita slim Borderlands bundle off Amazon. Thanks to the magic of clearance sales at Target I also picked up Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Little Big Planet Vita, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf and downloaded Jeanne D'arc. Game recommendations? I also prefer buying a physical copy of my games and was wondering if there is a list of the NA retail games released? Thanks for the help and putting up with my unbridled enthusiasm!

Shizuka

So I FINALLY jumped in and got a Vita slim Borderlands bundle off Amazon. Thanks to the magic of clearance sales at Target I also picked up Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, Little Big Planet Vita, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice, Wipeout, Hot Shots Golf and downloaded Jeanne D'arc. Game recommendations? I also prefer buying a physical copy of my games and was wondering if there is a list of the NA retail games released? Thanks for the help and putting up with my unbridled enthusiasm!

Demon Gaze, Danganronpa, Ys Memories of Celceta, Dragon's Crown.

ascii42

Wikipedia's list of Vita games is pretty good.

Top Bottom