• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | May 2015

Tapejara

5jhsClS.png

cf4.jpg

Thanks to the recent Golden Week sale, I'm one bubble from having a full page of girl anime faces. Unless I count either Flying hamster, danganronpa, malicious or one piece as a face bubble then I've already reach it.

SerTapTap

Thanks to the recent Golden Week sale, I'm one bubble from having a full page of girl anime faces. Unless I count either Flying hamster, danganronpa, malicious or one piece as a face bubble then I've already reach it.

The hamster is a dude. I've got over a page of female anime face now

SerTapTap

Well that's Omega finished, can finally finish my review. I will probably be avoiding reviewing JRPGs wow that took a while

Kudo

Peace Walker Co-op is lots of fun!
One negative thing I have to say is that all the areas are really small though so far and I assume they could have made the HD version more "Open" so there wouldn't be loading screen every 100 meters, but I can live with it.

Nudull

Banned
Peace Walker Co-op is lots of fun!
One negative thing I have to say is that all the areas are really small though so far and I assume they could have made the HD version more "Open" so there wouldn't be loading screen every 100 meters, but I can live with it.

I have the HD version of Peace Walker, too. I should go back and finish it.

Rizzi

Well, I've got $5.58 in my PSN Wallet.
Help me decide what Golden Week sale thing to buy for my Vita. :p

You can either get any of these titles since they are priced less (or equal to) 5 bucks:
Growlanser
Suikoden 2

Both are JRPGs. Both are time consuming. Their main difference is one is a PS1 classic while the other is a PSP game.

Kudo

If you have already played Suikoden 2, I could recommend Knights in the Nightmare. Been ages since I last played it but the battle system is really unique.

Tizoc

thinking if I should pick up Bon Appetit

what's that Trinity Souls game Tizoc was raving about?
Action rpg game
You explore areas difhting enemies and depending on the side quest or mission either collect items or defeat a set no of enemies or a boss.
Good characters story and a nice combat system.

Sarcasm

Who here has the physical copy of minecraft for the vita? I have a few questions.

So you get the Ps3 copy too?
I have a Japan 2K unit and will be getting the Japanese physical copy since I will be in Japan, will I able to use both on my us account?
Think they will get rid of the world limit since the mobile phone app no longer has one?

Li Kao

Well that's Omega finished, can finally finish my review. I will probably be avoiding reviewing JRPGs wow that took a while

Well, that would be a shame. Understandable, though. I won't go full hyperbole and praise your writing to hell and back, but I really liked your coverage of Omega Quintet. Just the good measure of coverage on the game's different sectors, gameplay, story etc... I feel you did a very good job of conveying how the game will play.
Kudos !

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Very thin release list this month, but un/luckily many release dates(especially for Vita games) are announced in the same month.

I bought Capcom Collection Remix and Alien Shooter... man how could Capcom fall so down from my grace? I loved Capcom arcade games so much(with the exception of the fighting games), Final Fight, 3 Wonders(i LOVED the first game of the three), Captain Commando and others... Where are other games like these? :(

Alien shooter has very imprecise controls :\ sometimes it seems to go a little down when i stop, auto aim is on by default and with that is playable, without that it's really hard to hit enemies, but auto aim always shoots at the closest enemy even if it's behind a wall. When there are no enemies is better to remove auto aim. At the moment i'm conflicted because i like these kind of shooters, i need to play it more to see if i can get used to controls.

Sondar

Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed Limited Edition pre-orders are live (in the UK). And...pre-ordered!

deadfolk

Tricky month for me.

I'm planning to pick up a Wii U at the end of the month (without affecting my usual gaming budget), so my plan is to save my gaming budget for a Wii U game or two.

But that means not buying any of:
Steins; Gate
Omega Quintet
Xenoblade (3DS)
Project Mirai (3DS)
A-Train (3DS)

Not looking like a massive month for Sony, so this might be the one month I can manage it. I'm not picking up The Witcher 3 because I need to finish the second one, which means I need to start it. Which means I need to finish the first one. And I'd probably go PC anyway.

I already have Moe(ro) Chron pre-ordered and paid for.

I need to be strong.

Edit: And Brandish. Sigh.

Xenoblade (3DS)
Y u no feeling it :'(

Jokes aside I kinda understand why. I got the day at launch, 20 days ago. I have put something like 45hrs into it and I think I'm only about halfway done.

So far the most invested I've been in a game's world since P3P.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Tricky month for me.

I'm planning to pick up a Wii U at the end of the month (without affecting my usual gaming budget), so my plan is to save my gaming budget for a Wii U game or two.

Steins; Gate
Omega Quintet
Xenoblade (3DS)
Project Mirai (3DS)
A-Train (3DS)

Not looking like a massive month for Sony, so this might be the one month I can manage it. I'm not picking up The Witcher 3 because I need to finish the second one, which means I need to start it. Which means I need to finish the first one. And I'd probably go PC anyway.

I already have Moe(ro) Chron pre-ordered and paid for.

I need to be strong.

Edit: And Brandish. Sigh.

Actually, since you have a WiiU, why not play xenoblade on it? It should be better in pretty much every way on the wii.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

Jokes aside I kinda understand why. I got the day at launch, 20 days ago. I have put something like 45hrs into it and I think I'm only about halfway done.

So far the most invested I've been in a game's world since P3P.

Almost makes me want to get a new 3DS, but one game really doesn't justify it for me.

Chuy

Yay new thread! I find it hilarious i could've made the wall of shame had i tried harder. Oh well i like my lurker and junior member status after 5 months too much apparently.

deadfolk

Names, you're not helping! :p

Actually, since you have a WiiU, why not play xenoblade on it? It should be better in pretty much every way on the wii.

I'm probably far more likely to see it through on the 3DS, to be honest. I can't see myself playing an epic RPG to the end on the big screen.

Until P5 comes out.

I've not long started both Persona Q (which has me reluctant to go back, after a one-hit full party wipe) and SAO, so I'm all epic'ed out for a while anyway. I'm hoping that will keep me from hitting the button on Xenoblade for now.

It's probably Steins; Gate or Project Mirai that will do me in if it's any good.

I'd say there is a good chance Mirai DX is delayed in EU anyway. No store has heard of it, amazon doesn't list it and its supposed to be out in 4 weeks. Sega is quiet on that front as well. amazon.es has it listed for some time in August. :/

SerTapTap

Well, that would be a shame. Understandable, though. I won't go full hyperbole and praise your writing to hell and back, but I really liked your coverage of Omega Quintet. Just the good measure of coverage on the game's different sectors, gameplay, story etc... I feel you did a very good job of conveying how the game will play.
Kudos !

Thanks! I hope the formal review will be even better, but JRPGs do eat up a lot of time, can't believe I got it like 3 weeks early, focused on it and still didn't finish before release date though. I hope to keep doing impressions/reviews for games on my site though, just really need to get my butt in gear and actually produce content.

Is Neptunia U going to have any kind of story DLC?

It's already out in Japan, anyone know if it has DLC? CH usually doesn't do story DLC, but Senran Kagura often does.

Phototropic

Neo Member
Thanks! I hope the formal review will be even better, but JRPGs do eat up a lot of time, can't believe I got it like 3 weeks early, focused on it and still didn't finish before release date though. I hope to keep doing impressions/reviews for games on my site though, just really need to get my butt in gear and actually produce content.
Please post when the review is live. I've also enjoyed your impressions and am on the fence.

Kudo

Wonder if there is games with legs icons on Vita, could try forming the human body with those.

quabba

Getting a page full of anime girl faces is considered a rite of passage around these parts. Good work so far!

Finally bought and installed Demon Gaze and saw to my horror it has an anime girl bubble... What have I done...

I don't care that much but I don't like this icons or anime girls in general

Finally bought and installed Demon Gaze and saw to my horror it has an anime girl bubble... What have I done...

I don't care that much but I don't like this icons or anime girls in general

Demon Gaze might not be the right game for you in that case lol

Top Bottom