• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | November 2015

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Either way I'm probably gonna be one of those scrubs that restarts the game once he loses a character, unless that would mean losing too much progress lol.

Esp if you have a custom made character, that decision will be pretty heavy. What makes things harder too is considering the amount of time you might lose with progression esp if you went deep with a dungeon and brought back some good loot. So thats the thing which at least puts a slight pause to really wanting to reload or not lol.

But yeah most def if you have a character that has class changed more than twice, that is a huge time investment depending on how far you went with obtaining certain skills for the class to use with your final change back to the class you will be using as the main base.

Hikami

Today Nippon Ichi Software America has announced that the DRPG by Experience Inc Stranger of Sword City has been announced for release in the West in March 22nd for US and 25th for Europe - 2016.

Nice to see NISA finally did the announcement. Am guessing this was part of what was supposed to be announced at AX.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=184939217&posted=1#post184939217

Nice, I'll try it out. Not gonna get hyped like I did for Operation Abyss though.. That's the only game I actually ended up selling back this year.

Christian

Any friends across the pond willing to help a fellow VitaGAFfer out? I want physical copies of Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, J-Stars, and One Piece PW3 for Vita. Anyone in Europe willing to pick them up and ship them for retail or near it for me? Please PM me if you'll help.

Any friends across the pond willing to help a fellow VitaGAFfer out? I want physical copies of Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z, J-Stars, and One Piece PW3 for Vita. Anyone in Europe willing to pick them up and ship them for retail or near it for me? Please PM me if you'll help.
Why not buy them yourself on amazon.co.uk? At least J Stars and PW3 are both available and not expensive

Prelude.

You can buy J-Stars and One Piece from Videogames Plus, it's probably the cheapest option.

Last time this happened to me, my credit card info had been stolen so the card itself was taken down by my bank.

My CC was actually compromised last week, so I cancelled it and had a new one reissued.. That's why I'm updating my info. Humorously I suspect it was Sony's data breach that led to my information being compromised, since I can't think of anywhere else that lost it within the last year. When I go to sony's account page I get the following page in chrome:

3Kwu3qe.png

But it seems to load in IE. I also confirmed from someone else the page loads fine for them. Which makes the error message look like a lie since there doesn't appear to be any actual maintenance. Anyway, in IE I confirmed my address and details are a 100% match with what's in record with the CC company. I even had a CC rep confirm it to me. Still fails. I'm going to try again at work tomorrow but I am really getting tired of this crap. Giving Sony any money in the last 3 months has been impossible because they keep failing.

autoduelist

Finally got a chance to try out Dead Star for bit: It looks great, plays great and i definitely recommend it to anyone interested in the game or just stick shooters in general.

That isn't out yet is it? i didn't think it was, and a search of the store didn't turn anything up... but that search is goofy sometimes.

It makes me happy to see Kadokawa games announce another SRPG

What game?
I saw God Wars(the srpg), root letter(the vn), demon gaze 2 and trails in the sky 3rd evolution, what did i miss?

HHmmmm.. God Wars looks nice.

Stranger of Sword City, God Wars, Demon Gaze 2... Vita thriving for me.

The main reason why this game is considered

Everything about SoSC sounds awesome to me.

My CC was actually compromised last week, so I cancelled it and had a new one reissued.. That's why I'm updating my info. Humorously I suspect it was Sony's data breach that led to my information being compromised, since I can't think of anywhere else that lost it within the last year. When I go to sony's account page I get the following page in chrome:

Depending on where you are, the Target breach is more likely. Very little usable info was actually lost during the Sony breach. Target, however...

Depending on where you are, the Target breach is more likely. Very little usable info was actually lost during the Sony breach. Target, however...

Never shopped at target, and it was my Sony card that was compromised. I only really use it for PSN/sony purchases since it gets reward multipliers.

v1perz53

Is PSN having issues once again for adding funds? I'm, once again, getting the "Please enter a valid credit card number" issue.

I've been having this issue intermittently for like 2 weeks now. I know it is not just a credit card issue, because I get the exact same "enter a valid credit card" when trying to use paypal or a different credit/debit card. Also, it will randomly work for one or two purchases then give that error for the next few days. Very mildly irritating having to buy codes from Amazon instead of directly from PSN occasionally.

BTW for me it is the same problem with a different error message whether trying to check out directly from the store or add wallet funds through the account page.

Chuy

That isn't out yet is it? i didn't think it was, and a search of the store didn't turn anything up... but that search is goofy sometimes.
It's not. I got a beta code for it from ZeroAKA a few days ago and just posted a small impression about it.
I do recommend it though when it does actually come out though.

It's not. I got a beta code for it from ZeroAKA a few days ago and just posted a small impression about it.
I do recommend it though when it does actually come out though.

Yeah I couldn't get into a game the couple times I tried. Did the tutorial and it seems like it is like Helldivers.

redcrayon

But it seems to load in IE. I also confirmed from someone else the page loads fine for them. Which makes the error message look like a lie since there doesn't appear to be any actual maintenance. Anyway, in IE I confirmed my address and details are a 100% match with what's in record with the CC company. I even had a CC rep confirm it to me. Still fails. I'm going to try again at work tomorrow but I am really getting tired of this crap. Giving Sony any money in the last 3 months has been impossible because they keep failing.
I've just had that page appear when trying to add funds from my paypal account to my wallet. Which is bizarre when it managed to deduct the required funds automatically from my paypal account at the checkout when I bought a game a few minutes later anyway.

I usually use the PSN cards but haven't been near a shop that sells them in a while.

yaffi

Hm, buying ar nosurge+ for $20 digitally or the PS3 version physically for the same price? Decisions.

Tizoc

Hm, buying ar nosurge+ for $20 digitally or the PS3 version physically for the same price? Decisions.

Look at this way-
Option A is a game you can't trade off and it takes like 1+ GB on your Vita mem. card, and you can play it on the go

Option B would allow you to sell off the game if you had your fill of it, but you'd be playing at your residence

Look at this way-
Option A is a game you can't trade off and it takes like 1+ GB on your Vita mem. card, and you can play it on the go

Option B would allow you to sell off the game if you had your fill of it, but you'd be playing at your residence

The Vita version also includes a few more features and doesn't have some bugs that are in the PS3 version. But it has worse performance.

yaffi

Look at this way-

That's exactly why I can't decide. :D

I mean, the + version only has a few extra events/costumes. I don't think it's really worth it for that alone.

I guess I'm going with the PS3 version.

The Vita version also includes a few more features and doesn't have some bugs that are in the PS3 version. But it has worse performance.

Nothing game breaking I assume?

Worse performance? are we talking about arland vita ports framedrops or even worse?

It has a similar performance to the Arland games.

That said, I felt Ar no Surge on PS3 had awful performance too. Chugged in the very first town. So I was used to it by the time I got to the PS3 version.

Toukiden or Ayesha (Vita for both)? I only have money for one. Make my choices for me GAF

They're too different to really recommend one over the other. One is a good hunting game; one is a good slice-of-life JRPG. I prefer the Atelier games but it would be up to you.

yaffi

You can't use costumes period in the PS3 version, or fight the secret boss.

Too bad there's no physical version for Germany. Importing makes it impossible to trade in.

On the other hand the trade in value should be pretty low anyway (PS3 version).

Should we buy lost song to be sure to get hollow realization localized?

From what I've seen in videos LS looks empty and repetitive but I tried a demo of the ps4 version a couple of weeks ago and I really liked flying around in the world.

How are the enemy variations, level design, quest structure?

Does it contain crafting and loot?

Are there things to find through exploration or is it pretty much just a couple of big but empty terrains?

Does the game have the same mechanics as HF (as in stun, switch, block, buffs)?

Bowl0l

i always get Error code, C0-10932-5 if i download >1GB files...
is this a limitation of a 4GB MMC? The MMC is empty when i start downloading. FW is 3.55.

i always get Error code, C0-10932-5 if i download >1GB files...
is this a limitation of a 4GB MMC? The MMC is empty when i start downloading. FW is 3.55.

No, it's not - apparently that error is a DNS issue.

You could try rebooting your router then attempting another download, or you could switch to Google's DNS server as most people end up having to do.

Massa

I don't know where else to ask this: what's the consensus on Watchdogs? Worth the $10?

I'm in the minority but I like it better than GTA. If you approach it like a Batman with guns sort of game, where you play a predator stealthly taking out enemies, it's a ton of fun. People that just go in trying to shoot everything have a miserable time.

autoduelist

I don't know where else to ask this: what's the consensus on Watchdogs? Worth the $10?

I found it rather devoid of personality. It has some cool ideas, i just didn't like the 'feel' of it. Some of the sub-quests/challenges are straight up crazy, like one where you're basically tripping through a super-psychedelic city hopping from mushroom to mushroom. For $10 I guess it's worth checking out, but I'd rather play most other open world games.

RK128

Should we buy lost song to be sure to get hollow realization localized?

From what I've seen in videos LS looks empty and repetitive but I tried a demo of the ps4 version a couple of weeks ago and I really liked flying around in the world.

How are the enemy variations, level design, quest structure? There is a mixture of ground and air enemies and the boss fights can be very large thanks to the flying ability. The level design in the dungeons mirror HF but the outside exploration is fully open. The quest structure mirrors HF but you don't HAVE to complete missions to unlock the bosses; they are tied to the story progression.

Does it contain crafting and loot? Those systems from HF return and you do with all the playable characters.

Are there things to find through exploration or is it pretty much just a couple of big but empty terrains? There is a lot to see and do but its locked off to zone altitude limits (flying ability) that open up as you progress through the story.

Does the game have the same mechanics as HF (as in stun, switch, block, buffs)? Buffs and blocking return but they work differently then before (you have a period of time that lets you block all attacks, but it slowly refills; think Smash Bros Shielding but it going down faster) and the spells can act as buffs.

Bolded are direct answers to your questions :).

SAO Hollow Fragment continues to chart on PS Vita sales lists in both NA and EU plus Lost Song will be a hit as well; don't worry about Hollow Realizations localization, as that is a big franchise for Bamco now, so they won't leave it in Japan.

How the game works is that its a more movement-focused combat system compared to HF; you can jump, run and fly now, making fights far more dynamic. Plus you have the combat system mirroring something like Ys (with light/heavy attacks). You still have the sword skill system and the new magic system; the former is faster to pull off but using Magic takes time to cast.

The games structure is both larger and smaller than Hollow Fragment; everything in Lost Song is brand new assets and locations (compared to HF, which was half a PSP remaster and half a brand new game). So, that leads to everything looking great but you are not getting a game as massive as HF. But the worlds are still very large and its more plain-centric.

How the level progression system works now is that you have altitude limits for your flight in the maps, which block off higher planes to explore. Those locked-off plans have dungeons you need to explore, story events and the like. So, you go from the bottom all the way to the top of a map; exploring everything and progressing through the story, unlocking more places to go as you play the game.

Similar to HF, you only have one hub town to explore, but you have two locations to explore; a tavern where the shops and Liz's Forge from HF are combined into one and a teliport location at the center of town.

The biggest change from HF is the fact that you are more restricted with what weapons you can play around with.....but in reality, the different play-styles are just implanted into extra playable characters. This means that leveling up your party (which you can have one playable character and two party members at a time) and managing their stats is very important.

But the weapons are different and it pushes you to play with every playable character at least once (and with 15+ characters, you have a lot to select from).

The story is also stronger in Lost Song than in Hollow Fragment; the characters aren't pressured into leaving the game world, they are in it to have fun, and that is shown with the tone of the game. Its far more grounded than Hollow Fragment and the characterization is better too; Kirtio isn't blind to others hitting on him anymore and neither is Asuna. So, those 'fan-service' moments are far fewer in Lost Song compared to Hollow Fragment (but they are still in Lost Song, just not as much and less in your face).

Overall, its a good sequel to Hollow Fragment that while it doesn't expand what made that game so great gameplay wise (mirroring MMO gameplay styles, its Phantasy Star Online/Xenoblade style combat system), its still a great game that everyone should check out :).

Top Bottom