• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Dugna

Holy shit Twinkle Star Sprites.

edit: also, can't vote with that link :(

PSBlog post the link to vote should be there, I'm interested in samurai showdown.

EDIT: Noticed I'm at the top of the page, do we still do recommendations? If so I recommend Guilty Gear Xrd, the game is flipping beautiful and plays smoothly.

maouvin

PSBlog post the link to vote should be there, I'm interested in samurai showdown.

EDIT: Noticed I'm at the top of the page, do we still do recommendations? If so I recommend Guilty Gear Xrd, the game is flipping beautiful and plays smoothly.

Ooh, nice, thanks! TSS got over 400 votes already <3
Garou is beasting, of course.

Survived 1 day without buying Xrd from the HK store. 10 more to go.

Agree with this. My only issue with the 3DS is from a hardware standpoint, otherwise I think trying to take sides in a "Vita vs. 3DS" war is pretty pointless.

People are already missing fucklots just by not knowing Japones. What difference does it to miss a bit more? /laughsManiacally

I bet if I took a sip for every non-Japanese NipponIchi fan who has played the masterpiece Little Princess, I'd still be sober by the end.

crinale

Bamco just revealed that new Super Robot Wars announcement is coming next week (however it was already given sequel is coming if you already played the latest version).
Platform isn't revealed yet but I'm sure it should stay the same as prequel.

Shinriji

Bamco just revealed that new Super Robot Wars announcement is coming next week (however it was already given sequel is coming if you already played the latest version).
Platform isn't revealed yet but I'm sure it should stay the same as prequel.

Scamco, please don't pull a Coffin of the End BS again. Yes, I bought OG3 Pride of Justice on vita and still hurts lol.

Tizoc

EU Vita GAF, DanganRonpa 2 is on sale on EU PSN for 15 Pounds with an extra discount for Plus members
YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH DESPAIR IN YOUR LIFE
1373660793215.gif

Real fans of a game subscribe to an OT so they can notice and answer questions as they pop up! That's what I did for Demon Gaze! (though nobody has posted there in forever) Anyway, probably could've skipped the 2nd half of the anime to play the game (since the game starts about halfway through the anime), but they do re-use characters from later on so it is for the best. I also loved the game, combat can be confusing so make sure to ask if you have questions about the game systems.

This is very true, I think the Hollow Fragment OT is where I was most active here on GAF, I could never unsub myself from it. Whenever I see that thread get a new post on my sub box, my eyes glimmer with happiness lol.

EU Vita GAF, DanganRonpa 2 is on sale on EU PSN for 15 Pounds with an extra discount for Plus members[/b]

Damn. Every week EU gets amazing deals.

nampad

EU Vita GAF, DanganRonpa 2 is on sale on EU PSN for 15 Pounds with an extra discount for Plus members
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Prnme2AYdsI/Un0qTnETZTI/AAAAAAAADNg/UXKvP4x4EPY/w337-h510/1373660793215.gif[img][/QUOTE]

I want that 20% discount for my purchase last month. Damn it Sony!

SerTapTap

The writing in Monster Monpiece is MOSTLY bad, but some of the enemies one-liners knock it out of the park. They should have made them all in this deliberately heavy-handed manner

Confirmed the game has no one playing online =/ looks like it all works if anyone wants to play friend matches though.

This is very true, I think the Hollow Fragment OT is where I was most active here on GAF, I could never unsub myself from it. Whenever I see that thread get a new post on my sub box, my eyes glimmer with happiness lol.

Damn. Every week EU gets amazing deals.

I'm pretty sure that you convinced me to start up SAO before I play Dracula X on my Vita.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Very happy about the EU deal on DR2 today!

How is Titan Attacks! and Final Horizon btw?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
SF4 on 3DS should give you guys a good idea about why SF5 on Vita would have been a terrible idea

Yeah. :/

Have a decent list of Vita games i would get in the christmas deals and Neptunia is way up on that list. Maybe we will see it again in the upcoming deals.

Think all the 2014 games I want to buy are Neptunia, Freedom Wars & Tales of Hearts. And I doubt FW and Tales will be on sale this year, so if Neptunia goes on sale I'll be happy.

Final Horizon - Vita & PS4 (Played on Vita)

This game is technically a tower defense game but you are limited to placing units on pre-defined "sockets". All the boards are very small and number of unit types per level are small even if they slowly add new units (that don't act very different) throughout the campaign. Most of the creative thinking in a typical tower defense game is gone here so it is mostly just a mindless tapping game. Yes if you are going to play this you should do it on Vita because it is clearly meant for a touch screen. Takes forever to get to even semi-interesting levels and it really babies you in tutorials. Maybe if you are looking for something completely mindless to play it could be your bag because it does run well, has lots of levels, and controls great with touch controls. I think I rather go the other way and continue to hurt my brain with Frozen Synapse Prime instead.

6/10

uRIo6dV.jpg

nampad

Nah, would probably be too expensive and it's not a particularly ideal platform. Then again they put SF4 on friggin 3DS for some reason.

It's Space Invaders with upgrades, that's pretty much it

They could just use the SFxTekken port as a platform. Not expecting much in a visual upgrade. They already moneyhatted exclusivity if that isn't just for Japan, the port wouldn't be that expensive I guess.

Now that's a bad idea.

SF4 on 3DS should give you guys a good idea about why SF5 on Vita would have been a terrible idea

Because of the missing facebuttons? Have no clue why else.

VLiberty

Am I the only one a bit bothered by all the "lol vita has only indiez I can buy on my pc". Aside from the stupid indie hate, a lot of the indie/dd games aren't available on PC and aren't really "available everywhere" as people tend to say. I can't tell if it's plain trolling or just misinformation.

I'm going to try the Walmart down the street for Zeroes before driving a few miles out of the way to the Best Buy that actually has it in stock. Wish me luck.

Flandy

I'm going to try the Walmart down the street for Zeroes before driving a few miles out of the way to the Best Buy that actually has it in stock. Wish me luck.

Yeah I wouldn't put any trust in non electronic stores tracking of video games. I'd be surprised if wal-mart didn't have it in stock :lol

Tizoc

Am I the only one a bit bothered by all the "lol vita has only indiez I can buy on my pc". Aside from the stupid indie hate, a lot of the indie/dd games aren't available on PC and aren't really "available everywhere" as people tend to say. I can't tell if it's plain trolling or just misinformation.

PC has indies I want on Vita :V

I've got various indie PC games that are releasing on PS Vita and I would much rather play them on Vita than PC. Seriously.

You are never the only one. Some people just don't appreciate the value of portability, in which case vita's large number of ports really is a massive detriment. That doesn't mean there aren't people who just love shouting "NO GAMEZ" at the top of their lungs, though.

maouvin

Don't worry, you're not alone.
Also, don't forget that they completely dismiss the portability of a Vita too.

nampad

It's just trolling from haters. I wish someone would take the time and cross reference those posters. Bet a lot of the "lol indies" people rave about Shovel Knight. Same with the "lol ports" folks being wet over those Zelda remakes. I also fail to understand why exclusives don't count for Sony when there is a better version of the series on the home console, when the same is true for Nintendo as well.

The funniest was the guy you quoted who said "if we count PSN". He posted yesterday that the Wii U is a good console for online gamers and listed games which included CoD: BO2 and NFS: MW.

B4CjZ6qCIAAo72m.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/540611632808730624/photo/1

if I was 10 years younger, I would definitely snort coke off my Vita

DAMN!

Z3M0G

I just learned about Invokers Tournament

Any impressions? Only out in Europe I assume?

(Free to play MOBA on PS4/Vita)

Weird question maybe:

I constantly get PSN messages from people who want to trade stuff with me on what I assume is the black market in Uncharted: GA. Probably 2-3 times a week. Haven't played the game in months and already deleted it.

I tired to stop it by changing some near settings but it seems that doesn't do anything. Do I have to redownload the game and turn that stuff off in there? It's getting annoying.

SerTapTap

Nah, I avoid Vita threads that aren't this thread/OTs for Vita games because of crap like that. Haters gonna hate. Games about PS+ are also good places to avoid.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Super crazy dark secret of the Vita: It's an awful system for unique JRPGS. It's a great system for them in aggregate because of the ample classics you can get from the PS1 and PSP but it's unique games leave something to be desired. It's basically P4G and then a bunch of hunting games that are really more Action than RPG, and then a bunch of crap.

Sort of mindblowing after the PSP really, but then again that one also started off light on the traditional RPGS and didn't really see a surge until its final years, something that probably won't be repeated.

As for the most of the indies are old ass PC indies claim, well, that's not really true. Oh sure, there are a lot of them but there are plenty of Sony Pub funded ones as well. Some people just don't value indies or don't value portability or want to make the Vita look bad in an area where it is relatively strong.

Producer

Super crazy dark secret of the Vita: It's an awful system for unique JRPGS. It's a great system for them in aggregate because of the ample classics you can get from the PS1 and PSP but it's unique games leave something to be desired. It's basically P4G and then a bunch of hunting games that are really more Action than RPG, and then a bunch of crap.

Not really a secret TBH. If you have a PS3, you can play the majority of its jrpgs on there. The only one truly notable jrpg exclusive is Ys Celceta.

If you include the japanese only titles then it has way more to choose from, but from a western perspective, the jrpg library isn't so strong. Its why i always kind of get baffled when in other threads some people mention the Vita is "jrpg heaven" or similar style of comment. For people like me who owned a PSP and a PS3, there isn't alot of new jrpg content on the Vita for me to play.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not really a secret TBH. If you have a PS3, you can play the majority of its jrpgs on there. The only one truly notable jrpg exclusive is Ys Celceta.

If you include the japanese only titles then it has way more to choose from, but from a western perspective, the jrpg library isn't so strong. Its why i always kind of get baffled when in other threads some people mention the Vita is "jrpg heaven" or similar style of comment. For people like me who owned a PSP and a PS3, there isn't alot of new jrpg content on the Vita for me to play.

Exactly it. It is a secret to those who don't actually look at what the Vita has.

Vita has indies. Vita has Japanese games...but not many unique JRPGS at all and few of them are any good.

nampad

I started snitching. Let's see if the mods are true to their words when our beloved thread got closed.

I just learned about Invokers Tournament

Any impressions? Only out in Europe I assume?

(Free to play MOBA on PS4/Vita)

Couldn't connect to the server yesterday. There is some online issue.

Yuup. Vita is a nicer PSP/PSX emulator for me mostly. That isn't a bad thing, but the people who talk about the vita like it has tons of JRPGs are a tad confused.

Top Bottom