• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

Flandy

Got it from Best Buy. Thanks again, Flandy!

$5 for a demo, the price it should be. :)

My copy is just gonna sit on the shelf for a while since I haven't played Peace Walker yet ;__; Ordered the HD collection and I should be getting that on Wednesday.

Ground Zeroes is taunting me :(

My copy is just gonna sit on the shelf for a while since I haven't played Peace Walker yet ;__; Ordered the HD collection and I should be getting that on Wednesday.

Ground Zeroes is taunting me :(

I bet it'll be free on PS+ by the time you start playing it

Yasumi

Banned
Am I the only one a bit bothered by all the "lol vita has only indiez I can buy on my pc". Aside from the stupid indie hate, a lot of the indie/dd games aren't available on PC and aren't really "available everywhere" as people tend to say. I can't tell if it's plain trolling or just misinformation.
Some people just have trouble accepting that people value different things in systems and their libraries. Why do people buy a 3DS? To play Nintendo, Atlus, and Capcom games, the Virtual Console, and playing DS games, which all kind of loop back around to the much lauded "exclusives". Why do people buy a Vita? Niche Japanese games, the large genre variety coverage, indie games, digital PSP+PS1 games, portability, remote play, having a PS+ back catalog, the odd exclusive, and so on.

What does this mean? There are a larger variety of people picking up the Vita for their own niche desires, but being niche, these individual groups are small and fairly widely splintered. There's less of an overall consensus in the user base for why someone should buy a Vita. I honestly got one to play dual analog PSP games, originally. The niche Japanese stuff that totally catered to my tastes was just ridiculously tasty icing on the cake.

You and I both know that nobody's going to play every game available on every console. I didn't really get into Neptunia or Atelier until I could suspend and resume whenever I wanted. It's especially useful in RPGs, rhythm games, and visual novels.

I'd never played Muramasa, Hot Shots Golf, EDF, Plants vs. Zombies, Stealth Inc/Bastard, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Rayman, or Hotline Miami before, but I did now because doing so was far more convenient on my Vita, and I got them for a good price.

Your reasons for enjoying the system are probably totally different than mine, and totally different from someone else's, and so on. Niches gonna niche, pretty much.

VLiberty

Some people just have trouble accepting that people value different things in systems and their libraries. Why do people buy a 3DS? To play Nintendo, Atlus, and Capcom games, the Virtual Console, and playing DS games, which all kind of loop back around to the much lauded "exclusives". Why do people buy a Vita? Niche Japanese games, the large genre variety coverage, indie games, digital PSP+PS1 games, portability, remote play, having a PS+ back catalog, the odd exclusive, and so on.

What does this mean? There are a larger variety of people picking up the Vita for their own niche desires, but being niche, these individual groups are small and fairly widely splintered. There's less of an overall consensus in the user base for why someone should buy a Vita. I honestly got one to play dual analog PSP games, originally. The niche Japanese stuff that totally catered to my tastes was just ridiculously tasty icing on the cake.

You and I both know that nobody's going to play every game available on every console. I didn't really get into Neptunia or Atelier until I could suspend and resume whenever I wanted. It's especially useful in RPGs, rhythm games, and visual novels.

I'd never played Muramasa, Hot Shots Golf, EDF, Plants vs. Zombies, Stealth Inc/Bastard, Dead or Alive, Mortal Kombat, Rayman, or Hotline Miami before, but I did now because doing so was far more convenient on my Vita, and I got them for a good price.

Your reasons for enjoying the system are probably totally different than mine, and totally different from someone else's, and so on. Niches gonna niche, pretty much.

I can't see the link between this and what I'm saying.

I was complaining about how people dismissed the digital games available on Vita because those "are available on every system" / "I already own on PC". And that's completely, unarguably false, and shows either ignorance on the matter or bad will.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They're not quite wrong nor are they quite right either. There's a large percentage of formally PC/mobile only indies on there and another large block of games that are PS3/PS4/PS Vita games.

It all comes down to how you value portability and if you're looking for a reason to hate on Vita.

Yasumi

Banned
I can't see the link between this and what I'm saying.

I was complaining about how people dismissed the digital games available on Vita because those "are available on every system" / "I already own on PC". And that's completely, unarguably false, and shows either ignorance on the matter or bad will.
More or less that, due to the divided nature of the Vita base, the messaging of Vita = awesome digital games isn't as strong as the 3DS = exclusives one, due to there being more singular reasons why somebody might want a Vita. So yeah, quite a bit of ignorance, and probably some bad will in being the competitor to the more popular handheld.

ecurbj

$5 Ground Zeroes
Load this up on your smart phone http://www.sears.com/konami-metal-g...0050830x000545&aff=Y&PID=4485850&AID=11034749
Go to Best Buy (Wal-Mart probably works too)
Ask for price match
Walk out with cheap demo
B4DojHDCAAE28hK.jpg
Thanks. I got the link up on my iPhone. I'm going to head to Best Buy in a few. Hopefully I don't run into any problems with price matching Sears.

B4CjZ6qCIAAo72m.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/540611632808730624/photo/1

if I was 10 years younger, I would definitely snort coke off my Vita
jCYbMzR.jpg

Word.

*SNNNNIF*
OH GOD THIS IS GOOD OLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Curse you Marika fans *fist shake*

Got Nisekoi Yomeiri in today and the game has a reversible cover but it's this mockery:

4UbZUvE.jpg

got my PS4 today... LBP3, Ground Zeroes, GTAV & Destiny to go with it, and this also arrived today:

sNZOfr7.jpg

Really pissed that the PS+ 30 day trial inside Destiny doesn't work... it didn't say I had have not ever had PS+ before in the sale, only inside the box after purchase. After dropping all these $$$ I really didn't want to pay for PS+ until January.

autoduelist

Picked up Mind Zero today from Gamefly.

This means my physical Vita collection is:

Mind Zero
Conception
Natural Doctrine
Call of Duty
Spy Hunter (late edit, almost forgot I owned that)
Freedom Wars

Which makes me laugh because all of them get trashed here (except Freedom Wars). But that's okay, Natural Doctrine still makes my GOTY shortlist, though Binding of Isaac beats it out for sure. And I really enjoyed plat'ing Spy Hunter even though it wasn't great.

Final Horizon - Vita & PS4 (Played on Vita)

This game is technically a tower defense game but you are limited to placing units on pre-defined "sockets".

While some of your other complaints are likely dead on, I'm not sure I understand why you have an issue with this. It's commonplace in the genre, including much loved entries like Pixeljunk monsters (trees) and Kingdom Rush (plots to build buildings). I'd even go so far as to say the majority of tower defense games are socket based.

Shizuka

Picked up Mind Zero today from Gamefly.

This means my physical Vita collection is:

Mind Zero
Conception
Natural Doctrine
Call of Duty
Freedom Wars

Which makes me laugh because all of them get trashed here (except Freedom Wars). But that's okay, Natural Doctrine still makes my GOTY shortlist, though Binding of Isaac beats it out for sure.

I loved Mind Zero for what it was, even got the platinum trophy (almost 80 hours of playtime).

SerTapTap

Really pissed that the PS+ 30 day trial inside Destiny doesn't work... it didn't say I had have not ever had PS+ before in the sale, only inside the box after purchase. After dropping all these $$$ I really didn't want to pay for PS+ until January.

Why didn't you get a year during the $40 sales? Unlikely that it will be cheaper before next black friday

Yasumi

Banned
Why didn't you get a year during the $40 sales? Unlikely that it will be cheaper before next black friday
There are usually deals in Canada on Boxing Day, and iirc PS+ codes aren't US/Canada locked like PSN money. Should be easy to get one from the BST thread.

Yukianesa

Neo Member
Haha, all these Marika supporters. Best girl is obviously
Raku
just kidding it's Chitoge!

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I went for the bad end route right away.

Shizuka

Since we're past the time where we could hope for a Vita game getting announced during the awards tonight, I'm hoping for a Wii U or 3DS game.

Producer

Since we're past the time where we could hope for a Vita game getting announced during the awards tonight, I'm hoping for a Wii U or 3DS game.

lol the thought of a vita game getting announced tonight never even crossed my mind, guess i'm finally adapting.

incpdo

Vita gaffers : where is hungry giraffe on PSM? I have the game and my girlfriend has a vita now but she likes that game a lot and i cant seem to find it. I know it used to exist on PSM because i currently have the game but not even the mini version is available, anyone knows something? Maybe teflontactics?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I just hope the new screen and better ergonomics actually make a difference :/
so many great games I can't enjoy due to that T_T
Wouldn't say there's anything new about the screen unless you count the more balanced dpi on the regular sized model. Biggest improvements imo are the face tracking 3D, buttons are clickier all around, and the improved hardware makes UI functions a good deal faster (though nowhere near as snappy as the Vita).

If the quality of the screen on the current models is why you can't play 3DS games then nothing will really change with the new one.

kng3025

Thanks. I got the link up on my iPhone. I'm going to head to Best Buy in a few. Hopefully I don't run into any problems with price matching Sears.

jCYbMzR.jpg

Word.

*SNNNNIF*
OH GOD THIS IS GOOD OLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just left best buy hoping to get a price match. The guy loaded up sears on their computer but the game shows up as full price. Said he couldn't do the price match based off my phone. Any idea why this happened?

ecurbj

Just left best buy hoping to get a price match. The guy loaded up sears on their computer but the game shows up as full price. Said he couldn't do the price match based off my phone. Any idea why this happened?
It happened to me to. This Best Buy lady literally stalked me and asked did I find everything I wanted. I told her yes. She said she could ring me up at this counter near the gaming area. So I told her if she can price match this with Sears. She had to ask another employee whether they are price matching now. The other Best Buy rep told her yes. So she goes to the Sears site. Types in Metal Gear Solid V for PS4. I told her I have the link up on my iPhone. She kept pushing for to use her computer to look it up. It turns out Sears showed the game but it's shipped and sold by Buy.com. I told her to disregard that and look at my iPhone because the link is valid and I can refresh the page and prove its the current price. Well she didn't want to see that. So I told her I'll just go to another Best Buy to price match this and she said "okay". I walked away. Granted I went to late because I would of went to another Best Buy near me but they were closing. I'll try tomorrow before work.

Maybe Flandy can help you out with your problem. I don't know why it didn't work for us. Maybe because it's Sears and K-Mart. So it could be YMMV.

Soul Sacrifice Delta got robbed.
:(

Christian

Can anyone offer me some import input? I'm debating between Eiyuu Densetsu: Zero no Kiseki Evolution or One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2. Are the Zero and Ao Evolution ports good on Vita, or should I just ignore them? I know KM2 is supposed to be good, and I'm aware that KM3 is coming out next year.

antibolo

Banned
Surely Sony will use their PS Experience keynote tomorrow to announce a Vita Minecraft bundle for the holidays.

Haha yeah not going to happen.

Top Bottom