• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | December 2014

v1perz53

I'd love to use the DS4 but it's too inconsistent on PS3. I have enough issues on PC with controllers to bring that confusion to console-land. Would love it if they somehow brought true native support to PS3 for it instead of just directinput support

Might be game specific then. I recently spent around 100 hours between Borderlands 2 and Borderlands TPS on my PS3 with the DS4 and it was always perfect. And this was wireless, with it set up as a bluetooth controller. Only time I had issues was two times when the battery was running out but I didn't realize because you can't check on the PS3.

But yea, definitely non optional. No rumble I can deal with, but no use of the PS button was incredibly annoying.

cafemomo

Famitsu rankings
games closely associated with the PS Brands.

1) FFVII
2) MonHun Portable 2nd G
3) FFX
4) FFXIII
5) MonHun Portable 3rd

Characters

1) Toro
2) Crash
3) Cloud
4) Solid Snaku
5) PaRappa

Characters

1) Toro
2) Crash
3) Coud
4) Solid Snaku
5) PaRappa

I was gonna link an image of the chips, but search spew this out.

y3dyZgW.jpg

v1perz53

Famitsu rankings
games closely associated with the PS Brands.

They should've done franchises instead of games, but the characters are as expected (for a Japanese list at least).

I was gonna link an image of the chips, but search spew this out.

Solid Snaku is one thing, but what about Cow'd! Too bad there's an anime character with the name Coud (definitely not what this list is referring to), so no humorous search results there.

I still need to play Hollow Fragment. I was watching the anime to get me prepped for the game. Really looking forward to both games :)

Damn you have a lot of game ahead of you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Although not as active, feel free to drop by the game's OT if you need any help. Myself and others from there will be more than happy to help.

Tapejara

Was planning to pick up Raiden IV: Overkill already, but the positive impressions in this thread have convinced me to grab it now. When will I play it? Who knows!?

v1perz53

Damn you have a lot of game ahead of you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Although not as active, feel free to drop by the game's OT if you need any help. Myself and others from there will be more than happy to help.

Real fans of a game subscribe to an OT so they can notice and answer questions as they pop up! That's what I did for Demon Gaze! (though nobody has posted there in forever) Anyway, probably could've skipped the 2nd half of the anime to play the game (since the game starts about halfway through the anime), but they do re-use characters from later on so it is for the best. I also loved the game, combat can be confusing so make sure to ask if you have questions about the game systems.

Real fans of a game subscribe to an OT so they can notice and answer questions as they pop up! That's what I did for Demon Gaze!

Guilty Gear Xrd will be the first OT I've ever subscribed to since being a member here, just so I can talk to people about it and ask questions if needed. Still gotta wait 12 days for the NA release, but JP version is out already.

Christ I've had a bad week. Trying to mod my gameboy was a bust, been sick and only getting worse, realized one of my end-of-semester projects was due a week earlier than I thought... I really want to curl up with my vita sometime soon. Maybe I'll use the weekend after next as a total destress and play through an RPG or 2.
Welcome to suggestions as usual for an RPG that's somewhat mindless (final fantasy is what I'm thinking atm) and has a decent pace.

pariah164

So, playing Klonoa, and I'm trying to adjust the screen settings so the game fills the whole thing. However, I can't access the settings. I tap and hold the screen, but nothing happens. What's the deal?

Tapejara

So, playing Klonoa, and I'm trying to adjust the screen settings so the game fills the whole thing. However, I can't access the settings. I tap and hold the screen, but nothing happens. What's the deal?

Don't you have to press and hold the PS Button? A settings option should pop up above the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth settings.

I think you have to hold the PS button now to access those settings.

ecurbj

After a few tries of applying dust, lent, crooked screen protectors, I finally managed to get a screen protector on my OLED Vita in a steamed bathroom. XD

I found these old official OLED Sony screen protectors at GameStop for a cheap price surprisingly. The guy told me their store was trying to empty out the OLED Vita accessories. Luckily after me going back a few times. The GameStop employee gave me replacements for free. But glad I got one on here. I wanted to protect this beautiful screen.

I also picked up a non-gutted version of LittleBigPlanet Vita shrink wrapped @ GameStop! SHOCKER! I opened it and found an Online Pass. Does anyone know what's it for? DLC?

Flandy

Thanks for the tip. I'll try this tomorrow.

Might want to load it up on your phone now in case Sears takes down the listing. Cashier didn't confirm it on his computer so if Sears takes down the listing you can still show them the page since it's loaded up on your phone.

If there are no other interesting games on sale, then I'm buying Virtua Tennis 4. Also interested in Ridge Racer.

Started playing Final Horizon, quite enjoyable.

people who don't have both and like jrpgs or japanese games in general are missing out, big time.

I own both, but still relatively new to my 2DS. I'll eventually stock it up with good stuff but I'm still on my Vita high, only owned the Vita for about 3-4 months now, and the 2DS a little over a month.

Top Bottom